main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Vader's Voice - Short One Shot inside of Revenge of the Sith.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Furio , Feb 26, 2017.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Star Wars belongs to Disney and I’m just having some fun with it.

Darth Vader P.O.V

Main Characters: Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Sidious, Padme Amidala.

Mustafar. Anakin Skywalker has taken the Sith name of Darth Vader and has killed the remaining Separatist leaders…

Darth Vader.

Is that who I am meant to be now? Is this what I was destined to become? A Sith! The Jedi should have understood what I wanted. It never would have come to this if they had paid the proper respect and had simply told me the truth I could have saved more lives, including their own. The Jedi Temple was full of hypocrites and dogmatic slaves. They didn’t trust me and now I have to become the very thing they groomed me to destroy. If the dark side is the only way to seek the answers, then so be it.

Damn Obi-Wan and his feelings. He should have spoken on my behalf against the Council. He just sat there and let Windu humiliate me. After everything I have done for Obi-Wan, he’s betrayed me. I know he’s spoken to Padme about me. I wonder what he really said to her? They probably spoke about their concerns about my relationship with Palpatine. It seems Obi-Wan was right about the Chancellor after all. He may have sensed that Palpatine was Darth Sidious but he didn’t have the courage to face him. I confronted my fears and I will be more powerful for it.

I am not a prophecy. I’m only trying to keep my family safe. My family. My wife and my unborn child. Wait. Padme is here. That’s her ship…

“Because of Obi-Wan?”
    “I love you.”
    “Liar!”
    “No.”
    “You’re with him. You brought him here to kill me.”

How could Padme do this to me, to our family?! I am surrounded by betrayal, lies, and deceit. My so called mentor, my supposedly loving wife, they’ve ruined everything. Wait, she has brought him to kill me for accepting Palpatine’s gift. Obi-Wan never could that the Jedi were never the true power of the galaxy. Now I will show them…

“Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.”
    “You will try.”

I can feel the conflict within my master. He doesn’t have the nerve or the will to do what must be done. Come Kenobi, don’t hold back that predictable style of yours. You were only a master of one form, while I am the master of all forms. He keeps retreating, he feels the battle going against him. Come Kenobi, let me show you what I have become. I will bring the galaxy peace and Padme and I will rule it together the way it was meant to run. As soon as I have absorbed all the knowledge I need from Sidious I will dispose of him as well. I can’t have someone like him opposing me…

“You were the Chosen One. It was said you would destroy the Sith, not join them. Bring balance to the Force not leave it in darkness.”

Help me master. No, don’t. He’s leaving me! The coward is leaving me to die here on this forsaken system.

“I hate you!”
    “You were my brother Anakin, I loved you.”

Obi-Wan is lying to me again. If he loved me he would save me. His love was only conditional. As long as I was doing his bidding I was his ‘brother.’ Now look at how he runs away the coward. I will live. I will live to kill that traitorous fool. I must rise. I will destroy him, I will find you Obi-Wan…

“Get a medical capsule immediately.”
    “Yes sir. Right away.”

I can feel the dark presence. Sidious has come for me. This is the sign that he is the one that truly appreciates and understands me. He will save me and give me the power to kill the traitor. No matter how much pain I endure, it will only be a tenth of what I will inflict on you Obi-Wan. I will heal and then I will hunt you master.

These droids. What are they doing to me?

Padme? She’s in pain, I can feel that she’s in pain… My legs, my arm it’s like they are all on fire…Padme, I will find you my love. We will have our child and raise it on Naboo just like you wanted. You’ll be safe there while I save the galaxy. I will gather my strength and increase my powers. The dark side of the Force will sustain me, it will even save you my love. I promise I will secure all of our futures. Our child will be loved and protected. I promise you.

These droids, what are they doing? I never imagined such pain and torment. A suit, a mask, here is my rebirth. This will be my bane but it will also be my salvation. Now is where my reign will begin. I can still delve into the Force. I can feel the dark side coursing through me. There will be life beyond this suit and this mask. I promise to this to myself and I promise it to my wife and unborn child. I will make Sidious help us.

The presence again. The Dark Lord has come to see his creation…

“Lord Vader, can you hear me?”
    “Yes master. Where is Padme? Is she safe, is she alright?”
    “It seems in your anger, you killed her.”
    “I…I couldn’t. She was alive. I felt it.”

He’s wrong. Sidious is wrong. I just felt her presence in the Force. But she was in pain. Padme was dying. He’s right. I killed them. I killed them both. This suit, this mask…they’re a tomb.

“No!”

I figured I'd tag the two posters that commented the most on my last story. :)

AzureAngel2 earlybird-obi-wan

2. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    I enjoy this kind of writing. Helps to see the point from one character's point of view that the movies couldn't describe.

AzureAngel2 and Darth_Furio like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love how you describe Anakin's feelings

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you for the comments and likes :) This was just an inspired moment that I needed to write something down.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb. =D= All the feelings expressed felt perfectly in character. @};-

6. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 14, 2017
    I remember how in the movies he kept reading betrayal and deceit into everything the people around him did or said. So, his continued paranoia and his deepening enslavement to the Dark Side of The Force and to Sidious is shown well, here.

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A dark peak in an even darker head and confused heart. @};-

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    That was so, so painful to read. :( But we never saw the story from Ani/Vader's POV and the hell in his head was described exactly the way I would've imagined it.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Fantastic point of view of Anakin/Vader! You really dive into things! =D=:)

10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Good work! I've always found exploring the thoughts of pre-suit Vader interesting. It's Vader's soul in Anakin's body. I like how you describe the Anakin feeling struggle in accepting his new identity, but ultimately embracing it when he becomes paranoid of Padme and Obi-Wan conspiring against him.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  11. NobodyIX

NobodyIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2018
    Great job with Anakin's thoughts and feelings towards the end of Anakin becoming Darth Vader. So sad seeing how hopeful he is, only to have everything fall apart into darkness and have to live in a shell.

Darth_Furio likes this.