main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Celebration Guest List

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rox , Dec 29, 2016.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I always thought Official Pix was a mess lol. They had no idea on how to move people thru the lines. Hell I snuck in the VIP line the one year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    That's good.

3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I was debating about Felicity all night and I think I'm going to go for it. I was talking to a friend and he said this "When are you going to have the opportunity to see her again?" Me:"Probably never, she's only in RO and once that dies down she may never come back" Him: "Is $200 going to bother you in 5 years?" Me:"$200 isn't going to bother me by Christmas" Him: "Then there's your answer"
    I'll talk it over with the SO tonight and will probably get it after.

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That was pretty much my line of thinking. As long as you can afford it, I think you're best to get it now.

5. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I believe it was $85 but the fact they took him down may be a price change

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    True, I was just looking for a ballpark. Assuming Hamill comes, I'll probably just do him and Jones. I've got Ian already and I'm getting Bulloch at another con.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    My biggest reluctance at getting an autograph or photo-op at Celebration from one of the bigger name actors would be the amount of time you would have to spend getting it. Even with the arrangement of specific times to come you can still spend an entire morning or afternoon waiting in line for it. Which it doesn't seem like they are doing this year, so you have to add even more time to wait for it when it's just open for everyone to come at the same time. Then of course once you get it you want to be careful with it and not have to carry it around with you the rest of the day, so you have to go back to your hotel room almost immediately after to drop it off. Unless you have something you're trying to get signed by multiple people in the same day, but even then, once you're finished for the day you still probably want to put it away safely, especially if there is still time left to do other stuff. Which raises another point, imagine wanting to get multiple big names, whether they are on the same day or not, that's even more time you have to spend away from actually enjoying Celebration.

The only time I could see lining up for a long time being worth it is if you know the actor is signing right at the start of the day. So you line up early in the morning before Celebration even opens for that day, be in the first group of people to get the autograph, get the autograph, and then go about the rest of your day no later than mid-morning. But again, that's assuming the actor definitely begins signing no more than an hour or two after Celebration opens for the day AND assuming you are in that first group of people who get the autograph shortly after that. If those two things don't add up then you inevitably fall into the dilemma I described above.

And all this on top of the money you've already spent for it. Because again, after making the effort to get the autograph, if you also paid good money for it that's even more reason to want to take the time afterwards to go put it away safely.

Not to mention, lets say you're in line for it and decide, or decide even before getting in line, that it's not worth it, you just want to go do something else, or it's too close to another panel you really want to see. Well, too bad, you've already paid for it, so now you're forced to stay in line and wait all that time and miss other stuff you want to see and do, or else that money is just lost. I wish there was a way for customers to have the option of putting down a deposit to make a reservation, and only upon checking in and receiving the autograph or photo-op are they charged the full amount. It could be made clear that one of the risks you take by choosing this option is that if you have not checked in by a certain time than whatever remaining slots there are that have not yet been filled will become open to those who wish to purchase it on the spot. That way when the time comes a person can evaluate the circumstances and determine if they want to move forward with getting the autograph or photo-op and would only be out their deposit should they decide not to. But of course they don't have to do this because plenty of people will buy it no matter what.

For the money I would spend on Felicity Jones I would rather apply that to buying this $600 Anovos Death Trooper Helmet I've been wanting. I think the real middle finger from the company to us all is that they don't even offer any kind of discount for buying the autograph and photo-op as a package. It's like they're saying: Here, because you are our valued customer we're going to go ahead and make things easier for you so you only have to add one thing to the shopping cart and not two. You're welcome.

All in all, it just seems like such a double whammy having to both spend an exorbitant amount of money for an autograph or photo-op AND potentially spend upwards of an entire day getting it when you consider everything involved in doing so. Now, if you didn't have to pay for it, or pay such an exorbitant amount for it, then maybe spending all that time getting it would be worth it. Or vice versa, if spending a lot of money for it meant that it didn't require all that time to get it then it might be worth it to pay.

I don't know. Sorry for the long rant, I'm just kind of thinking out loud. I've only been to one other Celebration two years ago in Anaheim. It had a tremendous impact on me, and I want to make this second go-round equally memorable by doing everything I possibly can. So I know that plays into my thinking. I'm sure if I had been attending them all along then I wouldn't mind missing a portion of one to get the autographs I want.

8. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    I went to the celebration europe last year, i started getting a few autographs on a poster and when i seen this event and seen who was attending it was just wow i so need to go meet them people and get them to sign my poster it would so finish it off. I just went and got to the venue super early so i was lile first in, went straight to the autograph hall and got it all done early out the way. Hammils i had to wait a while for, but anthony daniels carrie fisher and the other i literally got in and out so i had the rest of the three days to enjoy looking around and just getting a buzz off everyone elses vibe

9. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Unfortunately i wont be going to orlando! So annoyed but money doesnt grow on trees as the saying goes lol im rather annoyed felicity jones is going to the orlando one and that none of the cast fromthe new films went to europe but hey thats why they say the american celebrations are better thought of and its pretty clear thats the case so you expect it

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    After thinking it over some I might go for a photo-op with Ian. Felicity is too rich for my blood. I'm still waiting to see how much Mark's is though. I'll probably just do the one so it's gonna be a tough choice.

11. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    In this line up so far I am only going with Ian. I would have picked up Anthony Daniels as well. But I guess they jumped the gun.

I am hoping for Adam Driver

xyloren likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I would be shocked.

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm holding out for him too. If he doesn't come this year for some reason I'm probably just gonna save my money and spend it elsewhere.

14. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I managed lines at several Celebrations, granted, none were the VIP lines or any of the headline guests, but I did work Jeremy Bulloch's line which was easy to manage but always long as Mr. Bulloch chats with just about everybody who lines up for him. As for the organization I mentioned, knowing who did what, when, and where was very well defined. Lines and crowds are always difficult beasts to tame.

15. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    The SO thought Felicity was cheap (wasn't about to argue with that reasoning) and told me I should get the photo op so I did. When I did the photo ops for Carrie and Mark at C6 I only had to wait in line like 1 1/2- 2 hours since it had it's own scheduled time so I'm expecting more of the same. Looking forward to who else is going.

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Has anyone gotten any kind of shipping notification for their autograph/photo op ticket?

I got the Jones photo op on Wednesday and got the stock confirmation email. I would've thought they would just email you a ticket with a bar or QR code, but the email makes it sound like they are physically shipping them.

17. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    According to a rep on facebook, they will not be sent (the email is a standard message for their standard autograph setup not a presale). There will be a separate email later with a barcode to print. If i hear anything else or better confirmation i'll let you know

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Awesome. Thanks!

When anyone gets that second email, please share that you got it so we know they're going out.

19. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Some possible autograph info: Mark is now charging at Fan Expo $195 for his auto, same price for his photo op. He is also doing a private signing with Official Pix that will go on sale tomorrow, that is $235. So the days of getting him at around $130 are most likely over and I wouldn't expect his prices to be lower than $195 at Celebration.

Now some info on Felicity's auto: Demand is high so SW Authentics now has a rule for Felicity's autograph. Since she's only signing Saturday, to ensure the line moves quickly, you can only get 3 signings at a time. For example, you buy 3 autograph tickets you stand in line once, get them all signed. you buy 4 autograph tickets, you stand in line, get 3 signed and then return back in line to get your 4th sign. Buy 8 you stand in line 3 times and so on. Now say you are in line for 3 and your friend is in line with you and also has 3. That's fine, you will both get all items signed after standing in line once. Basically 3 tickets per person per line wait.

They haven't said but I would say that rule will stand with any big name that is high in demand but that's pure speculation on my part.

If I hear anything else, I will let you know. I haven't heard any rules for Felicity's photo op

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Thanks for the post. That's about what I figured for Hamill. Convention prices can still fluctuate a little though. For example, I'm going to a con next week where Bulloch is $40/$60 for an auto and photo op while at Celebration he is $35/$45.

3 autographs at a time is still pretty generous. Especially since a lot of those who get multiple autographs are doing so to turn around and flip them.

Padme501st likes this.
  21. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I agree, I think the people getting more than 3 are not doing it purely because they are a fan. If this helps ensure fans are able to get that one autograph and meet her instead of missing out even though they paid because someone wanted her to sign 40 items for profit, i'm all for it.

22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Wow. Never even thought about it that way. Do people really do that?

I mean, she is human. I can't imagine there is any real legal obligation to give someone an autograph even if they paid for it. Other than obviously the person being entitled to a refund by the company if the autograph wasn't given. Unless there is some super strict contractual obligation between the actor and the company that the actor must provide every single autograph that was purchased, but I doubt that's the case. And if that was the case, I think the company also reserves the right to cancel an autograph order from the buyer and simply provide a refund for it, if that, and cite whatever circumstances that played out between the actor and the customer as the reason for the cancellation. No harm no foul all around. So I have to think, from an actor's perspective, after seeing the same jacktard come through the line multiple times getting various things signed, that at some point she would have a right to say no to that person. Or if the same guy just puts 40 items on a table that any actor in that situation has a right to not have to sign all of them. I mean, you make this effort to be there with your fans, and some sleazy autograph seller comes at you with all of that, how do you not feel a little put off by that, and instead simply decide to not want to deal with that person?

Padme501st: Just out of curiosity, where did you get that information that people can just line up again? On the Star Wars Authentics page it says you can only buy a maximum of three tickets and that any additional orders will be cancelled. But I don't see anything that details the line up procedure.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ^ Hamill is pretty vocal that he prefers photos to autographs because he knows the photo is staying with the person.

Personally, I'd like to see one autograph at a time (maybe a max of 2). 3 should help though. I get photos anyway (not a big auto guy), but I like seeing the fans who want autographs to be able to get them without a hassle.

24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    star_wars_is_good: Yea, one at a time is what I always considered the norm. I think two or three is even permissible if the person just happens to be a huge fan and wants more than one thing signed, and given that it wouldn't happen all that often.

But it never had even occurred to me that people would bring all kinds of things to get signed and that people would make multiple passes in order to get it all and then turn around and sell it. I thought that actors charging for autographs pretty much eliminated that market.

That's good to know about Hamill. I don't doubt others feel the same. I'm still curious though if any actors, not just SW but anywhere, have ever refused to continue signing for a person when they realized that person was just going to sell them.

25. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    On the SW autograph universe group on facebook, there's someone name Mike that has been giving out information as he gets it from SW Authentics. That was how he explained it. It could be for the people who already bought more than 3 and now there's a cap off for everyone else. He seems pretty credible and several of the main mods are involved with celebrity signings and SW authentics.

As for people getting multiple, at C6 I got to work with Matthew Woods as an OPIX volunteer and next to his booth was Ben Burt. I'm serious, the amount of guys with close to 40 items at a time that would come up to Burt to have things signed was insane. And they had 40 tickets, and he sat there and signed them all cause they paid for it. But all cast and crew around that saw it said how they hated when that happened cause you know it's not personal. I have a friend who also had a shift with Matt and she said the same thing happened to Burt while she was volunteering.