main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hoshino - a Star Wars Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by The Je'daii Order, Nov 2, 2016.

1. The Je'daii Order

The Je'daii Order Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2016

I found out about this short film today. What do you guys think about it? :)

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Moving to FanFilms

3. The Je'daii Order

Oct 30, 2016
    Bardan_Jusik Thanks for the move, I didn't know where to place the thread. :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. The Je'daii Order

Oct 30, 2016
    Bardan_Jusik How to navigate to this thread from the main forum page? I can't seem to find it.

5. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    I feel sorry for the fan film thread. It's tucked away and seems marginalised.

Bardan_Jusik is there no way it can be put in its own section rather than the somewhat banally titled 'Fan activities'? With the increase in quality of production values and story telling these are becoming quite important in the scheme of things. Perhaps a 'Fan Films of note' section where they have been vetted for quality?

6. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
    This was definitely one of the better fan movies btw!

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    TF.N used to have that in a way, way back. They hosted some of the most prolific fan films in the late 90s/early 00s.

The problem with what you're suggesting, however, is that who will decide what's "quality" and what's not? It sounds like something that could become quite infected very easily ("my/that fan film was denied, but it's better than [insert title] and that got chosen").

PaulWrightyThen likes this.
  8. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
    Like I said, if people submit its made very clear that the jury's decision is final. Plus life isn't fair. Then they can feel the pain of George Lucas and JJ Abrams for real ;)

I know what you mean though. I guess it would have to be almost competition like. As long as the rules are clear it could work, but then yeah, fan films are labours of love and that.

Just a suggestion.

9. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    Isn't there a yearly lightsaber choreography competition that's in this subforum?

10. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    This year's competition just finished on Oct 31st. And ever since the advent of Facebook, this place has been pretty quiet. I guess everyone just up and left.

11. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
  12. Desarae.Lindsey

Desarae.Lindsey Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2016
    I thought this was a beautifully made fan film.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Updated the title of the thread to the title of the film. This film deserves more attention.

14. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    This is just so awesome.....