main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 25th SWC/EUC Starfighter Draft: Old Enough to Have Death Sticks (Congrats ma_petite!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Point Given , Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Vinny Mac

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Might take me a day to get stuff set up so the FA and trade deadlines will be extended

heels1785 and Mikaboshi like this.
  5. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm at work, bored. If only there were some judge breakdowns that could entertain me for about 5 minutes. :p

Darth_Furio and Point Given like this.
  6. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006

I'll do it on the condition that you post a list of all the teams and their pilots :p. I actually have a theme, but I'm packing for a trip and so am lazy.

Mikaboshi and Darth_Furio like this.
  7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Deal.

Darkslayer did you make your 8th round pick? I can't find it. Also, no team name yet.

A Blind Prophet Nehru_Amidala if you want a team name now is the time to pick it.

1. RX_Sith - The Last Death Sticks- Luke Skywalker, Derek "Hobbie" Klivian, Aril Nunb, Horton Salm, Garik "Face" Loran, Edor Crespin, Tyria Sarkin, Olin Garn
    2. Darkslayer - Anakin Skywalker, Lando Calrissian, Plo Koon, Anakin Solo, Cade Skywalker, Mace Windu, Ahsoka Tano
    3. Cubman987 -Harry Caray All Stars- Darth Vader, Turr Phennir, Jagged Fel, Kassan Moor, Nym, Nial Declann, Imperial Ace, Ben Skywalker,
    4. Captain Owen -Syndullas Finest- Hera Syndulla, Sabine Wren, Boba Fett, Quinlan Vos, Nien Numb, Fenn Rau, Rey, Leia Organa
    5. Mikaboshi -Wedge Salad- Wedge Antilles, Kyp Durron, Keyan Farlander, Jhoram Bey, Anj Dahl, Dash Rendar, Zekk, Garvin Dreis
    6. ma_petite -Traitors and Double Agents: what team are we playing for?- Baron Soontir Fel, Pash Cracken, Inyri Forge, Mara Jade Skywalker Rookie One, Assaj Ventress, Shira Brie, Alema Rar
    7. Nehru Amidala -Poe Dameron, Myri Antilles, Biggs Darklighter, Ayala Secura, Anni Capstan, BoShek, Plourr Illo, Tahiri Veila
    8. heel1785 -Mighty Wings! Part Deux!- Jaina Solo, Corran Horn, Saba Sebatyne, Tesar Sebatyne, Lowbacca, Bror Jace, Snap Wexley, L'ulo
    9. DarkEagle -Takes One to Rogue One- Tycho Celchu, Saesee Tiin, Ooryl Qrygg, Adi Gallia, Syal Antilles, Kell Tainer, Alinn Varth, Shara Bey
    10. A Blind Prophet - Han Solo, Wes Janson, Jacen Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rhysati Ynr, Voort Sabinring, broak vessery, tal'dira
    11. DarthTunick -Hit 'Em With The Hein- Villain Dance, Octa "who are you going to call?!" Ramis, Ace "The Bet" Azzameen, Jake "NOT from State Farm" Farrell, Zev "I'm not dead yet!" Senesca, Yolo "NOT a stiff" Ziff, Valin "around the" Horn, Gunn "it's all THE" Yage
    12. Darth_Furio -Because I was Inverted- Maarek Stele, Gavin Darklighter, Asyr Sei'lar, Myn Donos, Nrin Vakil, Shawnkyr Nuruodo, Riv Shiel, Jon "Dutch" Vander

Point Given likes this.
  8. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Alright we'll do this with a wacky theme. The Blown Leads. This has been an interesting 12 or so months of blown leads and choking. We'll rank teams from worst to first. The more painful the lead, the better your team is

Golden State Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead to Cleveland Indians in the NBA Finals. Yeah it's painful, but they won the title the previous year.

12. Darth Tunick - You're the best around, nothing's gonna ever bring you down!
    11. Captain Owen - Definitely read previous drafts to get a sense of the best pilots, but like I said before, have fun, and if you just wanted to pick a team you like, that's good too.
    10. Nehru Amidala - See above. I'm really keen on Poe though.

Cleveland Indians blowing a 3-1 lead to the Chicago Cubs in the World Series. More painful than the Warriors because of the cursed nature of the team, but not as painful as the rest because of the Cavs winning months before, and because you lost to an even more cursed team, and gave everyone the best Game 7 ever.

9. Darkslayer - You still got the Anakins, and I love Lando, just not as a #2
    8. A Blind Prophet - I just never think of Han as a top Starfighter pilot, even though paradoxically he's one of the best pure pilots around. Also you have the cohesion killer himself in Jacen.
    7/6. Furio/heels - I can't figure out which of you guys is better or worse

Atlanta Falcons blowing a 28-3 to the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. You lost to the ******* Patriots! In front of over a hundred million! In the Super Bowl! In heartbreaking fashion!

5/4/3. RX_Sith, Horsey, DarkEagle - Don't make me choose between you guys. I literally spent 10 minutes trying to figure you guys and Furio/heels out. That's more than enough time.
    2. cubman - You got the best pilot in the draft and a killer top 3. Backend is kind of meh, but I ranked you over the others because of that top 3 which has Vader

Hillary Clinton blowing the 2016 Election to Donald Trump. Presented without comment.

1. Mikaboshi - Unsurprisingly.

Darth_Furio and DarthTunick like this.
  9. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Here are the conferences and first matchups. Top 3 teams from each conference go to the playoffs, and everyone plays each other in their conference once. I'm gonna be in DC this weekend (actually visiting forum peeps) so you guys have all weekend to send me numbers. People that haven't sent their team names have been named (extremely badly) by me so send your names in quick before I decide to keep them!

The Rae Sloane is Awesome and You're Not Conference

Wedge Salad (Mikaboshi) vs Lighthealer (Darkslayer)

The Last Death Sticks (RX_Sith) vs Syndullas Finest (Captain Owen)

Takes One to Rogue One (DarkEagle) vs Mighty Wings! Part Deux! (heels1785)

The Blue Leader's Moustache Memorial Conference

Harry Caray All Stars (cubman987) vs Traitors and Double Agents: what team are we playing for? (ma_petite)

Because I was Inverted (Darth_Furio) vs Jawaharlal Padme (Nehru_Amidala)

Hit 'Em With The Hein (DarthTunick) vs A Sighted Apostle (A Blind Prophet)

DarkEagle likes this.
  10. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
  11. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    after about my third pick i kinda gave up on being even remotely competitive in this one, so i can live with that.

digits will be in soon.

12. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013

Bah Gawd! That's Shadow_of_Durron's music!

I may be retired from the drafts, but damnit, you wanted some breakdowns, Mika?! Oh, you'll get some, man!

RX - Always loved that Luke/Hobbie top two. Cohesively and individually, it's faaaantastic. Maybe a bit of a reach with your 3rd and 4ths based on who was left on the board, but I'm not exactly crying foul. Solid, if somewhat uninspiring backfield, but I do like the potential "crusty ol' vets" trump option you have going for you. Overall, I like it, but it lacks that certain... "I don't know what" I would want to see from a champion. But hey, you never know.

Darkslayer - Eh. Just, eh. I love me some Anakin Solo and Lando, but they can't and won't be the 2nd and 3rd most talented pilots on a winning team. Just not happening. You've got your Chosen One, and then... bleh. A team consisting of mid-to-backfield pilots, and despite a fair number of cohesive links, it just doesn't feel like a unit. Mace and Jango? Okay.

Cubman - That top three. Holy ****. And I would go so far as to say that Kasan gives you the best top half in this draft, individually. You faltered some in the back half (not sold on Ben at all), but it doesn't make me want to throw up in my mouth at all. Cohesion is meh, but you may not need it. Maybe.

Owen - Hey, not great, but this is a first attempt, right? Just have fun and stick up for your pilots. Welcome to the drafts!

Mika - Yep. Contender. Top to bottom, it's extremely solid. Cohesion could be better, but also much worse, as you have solid wing pair options. I'm not as sold on Bey and Dahl as some others, but hey, I'm not judging. And either way, no denying it's a nice pairing and will get wins for you.

horsey - You know what? You're my pick to repeat as champ. 1-8, you have the most talented individual team in the draft. I think you saw the slip ups that the rookie drafters were making and decided to go "sledgehammer", and under certain circumstances, that's not a bad strategy. Value-wise, your worst pick was Inyri. And if that's the case, you're golden. I meant every single word I said about R1 last draft. That wasn't about just trying to hype my own pilots to steal a win. That's, IMO, a second round individual talent you stole in the fifth. Assaj and Lumiya were also steals. Cohesion? **** it. Maybe it'll cost you, but maybe not.

Nehru - Like I said with Owen, just have fun. Though I am extremely curious how Poe will be judged, along with everyone else. Personally, I currently see him as a mid-second round type of pick.

heels - Contender. Probably the most cohesive team in the draft (with only the next team competing for that honor, IMO). Tesar was a skotch early and you'll obviously have to argue that late round trump you picked up. Very well done.

DarkEagle - This team could absolutely win it all. Not one bad pick made. Individually, like, even though going down the line, I would put most of horsey's 1-6 over your 1-6, you have the better cohesive unit by quite a nice margin, and that matters if the numbers go your way. Maybe. Very nice squad.

Prophet - Cheer up, Eeyore. It's not so bad.

Tunick - Even though you're just screwing around, you did steal a few pretty decent pilots, probably crapped on some other GMs' plans and may even be able to force a team battle or two if the numbers go your way. Well done. Well-freaking-done.

Furio - Meh... yeah, that's about it. Certainly not the worst squad, but I can't picture a championship here at all.

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    You back for a while Wang Chi ? Hope you stick around, lots of drafts have been happening and would be good to have you back in the mix. Hope all has been going well. [face_peace]

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Er, I think Darkslayer has blocked me for some reason....I don't see a single post of his in this thread. That would explain why I can't find his 8th round post, LOL, I guess I offended him. :p

15. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    That's odd to do in a game type situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikaboshi likes this.
  16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Definitely, only seemed to happen between rounds 7 and 8 as I was seeing his picks up to that point. Don't even remember saying anything to him, so not sure what happened there. We seemed to get along just fine in the SW draft. [face_thinking]

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    No you are not blocked LOL, you're one of the most fun posters on the site!

My Round 8 pick was Jango and my team name is the Scarif Saboteurs (Rogue One-themed!).

Point Given and Mikaboshi like this.
  18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Alright, so now I see you. So strange, wonder if it is a tapatalk issue. I get all kinds of weird issues when using tapatalk. [face_thinking]

Also, thanks. :D You're a great addition to the drafts, glad I wasn't blocked that would have sucked not seeing your posts any more.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah blocking only works the other way. If hypothetically he blocked you, you could still see his posts but he couldn't see yours. Was prob a Tapatalk issue.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Dang, more and more I dislike tapatalk. It never gives me notifications that I want, and for some reason I get notifications for threads I never frequent. Blah.

Anywho, numbers in. Get ready Darkslayer , you are about to get tossed by the salad.

21. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I may drop in from time to time Mikaboshi , but I have to stick to my guns on the "retirement" from active draft participation. I wouldn't be able to give a full effort in any of the roles, and that being the case, I'd rather just spectate.

Damn, though. There is a powerful craving deep down in my gut to finally put another Vidjagame draft together...

... Nope! Nope! Can't do it.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  22. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
  23. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Enjoy...

heels1785 and Mikaboshi like this.
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Furio, your awesomeness has been promoted to level 2.

Also, grats on hockey playoffs. Good win.

Darth_Furio and Mikaboshi like this.
  25. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Mikaboshi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.