main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised.

Does anyone know Mangold's schedule the weekend of celebration?

What movies does he have lined up for the next few years?

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    This movie has got to a sure thing, right? They were so close to revealing it a couple years back and the only reason they didn't was that they parted ways with the director. If that was the only hold up it seems like they'll eventually announce that the project has a new director and that it's coming out after Ep. 9.

3. Do you think Termuera Morrison will return to be Boba Fett?

[​IMG]

4. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I kinda doubt it. I thought the powers that be were making noise about how going forward they were going to treat "Boba Fett" as more of a title rather than a character name.

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, that was a rumour. It was never stated by anyone from Disney or Lucasfilm.

DavrelKex, Artoo-Dion and themoth like this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Cancel my guesses. Mangold does not wish to work on tentpole films.

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    If it is not announced as the 2020 film surely it will be made after that... In the next wave of movies? (If there are to be more)

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Indeed. If they don't go down the Legacy route, Morrison is the man. He's the canon Fett.

9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    If so than I guess that means the Boba Fett film is going to be set after Return of the Jedi and they'll have to explain to the general movie going audience how he survived the sarlacc pit? Dude is 56 years old. Not sure how they could make a movie with him if it takes place before the OT unless he never takes his helmet off or they use CGI to de-age him.

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Sure. A quick scene of him blasting his way out. He's still got a jetpack after all. He has the tools to escape available.

And it could be a fun indirect way to show what the Galaxy is like after Jedi. The movie doesn't have to be the equivalent of Rogue, but a backdrop of the Empire losing control...

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think they could get away with a classic trilogy era Boba Fett film. They de-aged Michael Douglas incredibly well for Ant Man. Boba wouldn't have to have his helmet off for long either. It's mostly a voice over role.

Taylore likes this.
  12. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017

That is fairly old, but on the other hand there is more time between AOTC and ROTJ than has elapsed in the real world, so from a character standpoint his aging might not be excessive for something set before or during the OT.

Even if he does take his helmet off--which I'd avoid, as I think the Boba Fett they're going for is the man of mystery, not Jango's clone--they could use a stunt double for action scenes with the helmet on.

13. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Temuera Morrison would return probably for a film following Boba sometime after Return of the Jedi (I'd personally have him already out of the Sarlacc pit and have be that he was active for awhile but is now an older hunter past his prime. The movie could open with him seeing a Holonet report of Han's death. You think he'd be mad not getting that kill but at this point he's done with old scores and just wants to retire and is then pulled Logan style into one last job).

If it were a film set after Revenge of the Sith but before A New Hope I think maybe Daniel Logan could return depending on how old Fett is at this point. Logan is 29 right now but then again if the character is getting older he should start to sound more like a Clone. So I guess they could have someone or Morrison adopt the costume and when he's unmasked which would only be for a few scenes they would deage him which wouldn't take too much work since he's not that old (I remember they only had to deage Martin Donovan by only a decade for Ant-Man and he and Morrison aren't far apart in age)

Morrison recently returned for Battlefront and also appeared in Moana for Disney so I don't think they'd have a problem getting him back depending on what kind of movie they want it too be.

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I assume the boba fett movie is gonna be an origin story, like him getting into the suit first time and doing bounty hunting stuff, meeting han maybe, ect ect

Or has that already been done in new canon books?

15. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    You see a fair amout of kid-fett in the Clone Wars cartoon. He was pal-ing around with arura sing and bosk pretty quick after RotS

16. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    I'd be shocked if they did a Boba Fett origin story as a film. I think that if he does show up, it will be with him already as an inscrutable, mysterious bounty hunter.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  17. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    starocean90 likes this.
  18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    that always made the most sense, even years back, there was word that Lucasfilm had problems with Fett as a main lead. An ensemble would make perfect sense and could include Cad Bane/Bossk/Sing maybe even Hondo and newer bounty hunters.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  19. SirChosenOne

SirChosenOne Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2017
    I think that a Boba Fett spin-off film would be a good idea. It could be different and epic at the same time. I feel like it would be best to have it set after ROTS and also maybe other returning or new bounty hunter characters could appear in it either as competition or partners for a job. There are a lot of different directions that the film could go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    There's also the open plot item of how Boba took the title of "galaxy's best hunter" away from Bane.

starocean90 likes this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    man your post makes me sad as it reminds me of the untold TCW arc about young Fett and Cad Bane. Would be cool if they adapted that arc to be released with the Fett film.

maybe years later, Fett and Bane have a mission to accomplish and are rivals to do so. And it's there that Fett finally surpasses Cad Bane.

22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

The idea of Boba Fett being part of an ensemble cast of Bounty Hunters makes more sense to me, than Fett being the Star; as he can still be the silent mysterious one. I still don't like this idea though. IMO, the Heroes, the ones you root for, should be the focus. The Villains are more effective, when they are used more sparingly, as the outside threat. I still think it is a much better idea to simply have Boba Fett, whether alone or with an ensemble (Bossk, IG-88, and Dengar) etc., be an Antagonist for Han Solo, in the Han Solo movie.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    ^maybe the Fett movie becomes Han Solo 2 with the antagonist being the bounty hunters. And you get 2 in 1...:p

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I still think Fett may show up in the Han film. I do like the idea of an ensemble piece.

themoth likes this.
  25. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Bounty hunters get a job. The race is on to bring in the bounty.
    It's a race movie ala Death Race 2000 (I have never seen this movie)
    I'm calling it.

Krueger and 11-4D like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.