main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends UDC VIII - Fragments -- Week 5 -- AU (Kyp/OC) Updated 08/15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Author: Ceillean
    Title: Fragments
    Genre: Everything
    Rating: I have no idea.
    Timefame: Beyond the Saga -- Legends
    Characters: all my favorites, but probably mostly Kyp/OC

So...I haven't posted anything in a long time. I got all nostalgic and after roaming the boards, I decided to give the Drabble Challenge a try. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to write and also forgotten how aggravating it is to only be able to write exactly 100 words. :p

Hope you enjoy.

Week One

Valor

“I have to.”

“You’ll die.”

He could sense her paralyzing fear for him. “Please, Kyp.” Her voice wavered and he knew that if he turned to face her, he would see tears in her eyes. “This isn’t your fight.”

They heard the screams of the innocent and smelled the stench of Death. Kyp would put an end to this horror. He had no other choice.

“There has to be another way.”

There wasn’t. And they both knew it. Either he intervened or dozens of innocent beings would die.
    He wouldn’t let that happen.

Activating his lightsaber, Kyp headed into battle.

Honor

She watched him leave even though every molecule in her body demanded to hold him back.

But this was his duty, to help those in need and whatever it took, Jedi Master Durron would see it through to the very end, no matter the consequences.

No matter if it meant losing his life.

She hoped, she prayed to anyone willing to hear her that he would return in one piece. She couldn’t imagine a universe without him.

Eliziya glanced down to her holstered blaster.

She could help him.

She gathered the last bit of courage she had left and ran.

Sacrifice

He heard the blastershots before he saw her, before he could grasp what was happening.

The alien in front of him toppled to the ground as Kyp cut him down with his lightsaber. Behind him, he sensed another attack and quickly ended its life with a stroke across its neck.

He saw her. His Eliziya, her blaster firmly gripped in her hand, distracting them so he could end it all.

One of them come up behind her. It was over before he understood what had happened.

Eliziya fell to her knees, the blade of a vibrosword embedded in her torso.

Defeat

He raged. He screamed as he let hatred, anger and foremost grief take hold of him. He didn’t care as he opened the gates to the Dark Side.

Blinded by emotions, he cut them all down.

He didn’t know how long it took but eventually all he could hear was his heavy breathing.

He dropped to his knees beside her. She was still alive but fading.

“I couldn’t let you do this alone.” She whispered with a smile.

Kyp held her hand tightly and he wept.

She was his life. His light.

How could he go on without his light?

Victory

“Give it a few weeks. She’ll be fine.” The medic squeezed Kyp’s shoulder reassuringly. “You did well out there.”
    Kyp didn’t answer.

He rescued half a village. The villagers could go on and live their lives happily.

But he nearly lost the one thing that kept him sane in a universe so very dark.

Kyp took a steadying breath while he watched Eliziya behind the thick glass of a bacta tank.

Yeah, they’d done well. But he’d torn down the inner wall to his personal hell. He could still feel tendrils of dark side energy.

Victory.

A bitter sweet victory.

Sith-I-5, DarthMarly, Tarsier and 3 others like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Hurra, hurra, da bist du ja! (Musste ich gleich mal vor mich hin reimen!)

Hechel, hechel! Freu, freu! [face_party]

And boy, does it feel good to read your gorgeous Kyp & Jaina portraits again. When our Chilla gave me the NJO books they were not as brilliant as your writing. It contains all what is essential about those two. The drama, the fun, the action. You always pull it off and make them irresistible to read/ follow.

Please try to show up now and again with more treats like this! I know you are busy, but now that your daughter is a grown young lady I bet you can squeeze out some quality time for fanfic. Oh wait! There is NO trying! Ha, you just have to ooze your genius here at fanfic again. :p

And the drabbles are a good start to get into the habit of posting here.

Oh, and get Chilla to show up with goodies, too. Once she has unpacked her moving boxes, settled into the new job and had some private SW dinners with you in town, you two sure can pull of a creativity shop of sorts. Right?

Bitte, bitte tut mir den Gefallen!

Because you & her always made NJO plus old EU characters into something solid & fun.

Ceillean likes this.
  3. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Thank you, Love! It's great to be back on the boards. I missed this place. A lot.
    But it's not Jaina I'm writing about. :p It's my usual OC from way back then. I honestly never liked Jaina all that much. The good thing with fanfic is that you can change the characters but in canon she tended to annoy the hell out of me.
    I'm definitely going to stick with these drabbles for the time being and maybe my muse will bring along a few good fanfic ideas. And you're right, my daughter is really all grown up. Amazing how fast time has passed. <3

Once Chilla gets settled, maybe she'll start posting again also.

Thanks for commenting! *hugs*

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ups, Eliziya it is indeed. [face_blush]

Lalalalalalalalala! [face_whistling]

I should have concentrated better and ignored the images in my head, because Kyp and Jaina belong together for me like Ying & Yang. Now I am even more intrigued. [face_love]

Can you give me old links to her fanfics? Archive links are also expected. :D

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahhh! You're back!! [face_dancing][face_love][:D]

I can't even tell you how delighted I was to log on and see these up. :D And, of course, you have not lost your touch with drabbles. This was a very intense moment of action, perfectly threaded by the prompts. You immediately sucked me in, and had me holding my breath to the end.

Victory was my favourite of this set, though - it really is a balancing act between how much you can give and how much you can lose, and, sometimes, you stand to lose more than gain and wonder if it's worth it. But, Kyp and Eliziya are both alive to face another day, and he can push back the Dark for a while longer still. Truly bittersweet. =D=

Ceillean and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Na, so viel Lob ist doch wie ein Sahnehäubchen auf dem Kaffee, oder?

*hugs you a big deal [:D]:*

I never got around to read Mel´s thrilling stuff on "Archives of our own", but that is my next point on the to-do-List.

And I also will find you there, if you happen to have the same name. Otherwise I what´s app you non-stop until you tell me your other "nome de plume". :p

Oh and I will keep an eye on this thread here!

Ceillean likes this.
  7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Mira -- thank you so much! I can't even tell you how great it is to be back. I am so happy to get back into writing fanfic and these drabbles are amazing. Thanks for your kind words! *hugs*

Azure -- *hugs back* So viel Lob ist absolut genial! I'm still smiling from one ear to the next.

And now on to week two.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Week Two (Spice Mines of Kessel)

Name

We are all numbers. Our identities are digits, micro chips implanted underneath our skin so they know exactly who we are when we die.

The guard stands behind me. A Stormtrooper wearing dented white armor and carrying a heavy rifle. For protection they say. It’s funny. Because no one ever revolts. We bow our heads and obey.

I bow my head and obey because I have hope that I will someday be more than just a string of numbers.

“Inmate 512. Administrator Doole wants to see you.”

I turn around and glare at the Stormtrooper.

“My name is Kyp Durron.”

Title

Slaves don’t get to visit the Administrator very often. But when we do it’s because he has something special planned. He says this as if it’s a good thing.

“You’ve earned it.” He says and I think he smiles. I can never really tell. “Your new assignment is in the east tunnels now.”

I swallow. I’ve heard rumors about the east tunnels and the ugly monsters that dwell there.

“You’ll be foreman before long.”

But I don’t want to be foreman. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life digging in the dark.

I want to be free.

Number

Our food is rationed. We stand in line, waiting for an automatic system to spit out what they call nutrition, which keeps us alive so we can work longer hours.

A droid stands watch while I step up to a machine that scans my eyes. There’s a small display above my head in which my number appears.

Underneath is a chart stating how much nutrition I’ve earned so far. I place my bowl in a designated area and watch as it fills to the rim with yellowish slime.

It fills my stomach.

But it does not sate my hunger.

Date

I know they lie to us. They do it to control us, to give us hope. They say that if we’re good enough, if we work harder, work faster, we will be released sooner and our records cleared of all offenses.

I have no offences.

Hope, in its purest form, is the most evil.

But when the day comes that they release someone, I know that this person will die.

The day of their freedom is also a date with death.

It’s an unspoken truth among us.

Some yearn for it. Some don’t care at all.

I haven’t decided yet.

Legacy

My dreams give me solace. My dreams bring me peace. I can leave this place and be happy for a little while.

At night, trapped in a sleeping pod, my mind wanders through the galaxy. I see countless colorful planets and millions upon millions of stars.
    And I think I see the future.

My future.

I see a strong, proud man with friends and family. And I give to them what I have learned because I am a teacher.

When I wake, I hope my dream will come true.

I want to be that man.

I will become that man.

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I love your latest drabbles, as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. ;)
    Pablo Neruda would be very proud of a young, passionate writer like you. Even though the light advances from Name up to Legacy. It is a journey of the soul for your antagonist, sometimes fought in the physical realm.

Ceillean likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Kyp is back and now in touching sets of drabbles. Legacy sure is what he will become

11. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    These are fantastic! Bravo! My favorite thus far is Victory. Walking that fine line between Light and Dark is one of my favorite themes.

Findswoman and Ceillean like this.
  12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Few people write Kyp Durron as well as you - that's really all that can be said on the matter. These were a particularly powerful set, so much that I couldn't really pick them apart for how seamlessly they blended into each other. I like how much Kyp burns here, for lack of a better word to describe it. He may be a prisoner, but he has his eye on more - he hasn't been beaten into submission yet.

Some parts that stood out to me, in particular:

This was such a fantastic turn of phrase.

Oh, Han! [face_love] Kyp and Han's relationship was one of my favourite parts of the EU, and seeing Kyp glimpse that family, that freedom that he too wants to embody - and, in the meantime, allowing the idea of it to sustain him, was just beautiful. [face_love]

This was another wonderful set. I look forward to more. :) =D==D=

AzureAngel2 and Ceillean like this.
  13. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I've missed Kyp! And I've missed you, and the way you write him so well!

These are all excellent! I especially like getting a look at Kyp on Kessel, that's not something you see very often.

Welcome back! :)

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sag bitte, bitte Bescheid, wenn der neue Drabble Challenge raus ist. Durch den neuen Job bekomme ich sowas oft nicht mit, ich alte Schlafmütze!

You can even write me a what´s app about it or a PM with a link to your wonderful thread!

(Still feel bad that I have not gotten around to read Mel´s work... [face_blush])

But your Kyp is better than anything than I found in the NJO books. Due to your writing he became a likeable person for me. Somebody with character and a past. Not a plot deceive.

Ceillean likes this.
  15. DarthMarly

DarthMarly Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2010
    Love this! So glad to see a Kyp story.

AzureAngel2 and Ceillean like this.
  16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks everyone for your awesome comments! Honestly, without you guys, I wouldn't write or post. So thank you so much for your words. You have no idea how much you guys motivate me to keep going. [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Week Three

I decided on a back story for this drabble set, thanks to a friends suggestion. This set really, really had me stuck because I didn’t want to use it so obviously and write something mushy. I like writing outside the box.
    So here we have a darkside Mara, whom I absolutely adore, and Kyp who “stole” Jaina, her apprentice.

Helpless

She liked him just where he was. Strapped down tightly to a biobed so she could monitor his vital signs. Poison ran through his veins, the kind that made him immobile but, oh, he could feel everything.

“I warned you.” Mara whispered. “I told you, if we ever meet again, I’d make sure you’d regret it.”

She smiled at him while he lay there sweating like the pig he was. “You took what belonged to me. I want her back!”

With a press of button, shocks of electricity flowed through his body.

She adored his agony.

She watched and smiled.

Satisfied

Mara sighed irritably. She enjoyed his pain but he wasn’t being cooperative.

“Tell me where she is.” She hissed between clenched teeth as an outdated, spherical medical droid with several appendages hovered closer, ready to use a scalpel on whatever body part she wanted.

“Safe.” Kyp said and he laughed.

He had the audacity to actually laugh.

Mara punched a button on her data pad and when the droid went in closer and drew the first drop of blood. A rivulet ran down his torso, leaving a small stain on the biobed sheet.

She was satisfied.

But not for long.

Enough
    Mara spun around as she heard a sound behind her.

In the few seconds it took for her to realize what was happening, she recognized her former apprentice. Jaina. And Jaina held a blaster in her outstretched hand. She pulled the trigger and everything around Mara erupted into a flash of light.

Her knees gave way and she toppled to the floor, where she hit her head.

She wasn’t afraid. Fear no longer had a place in her life.

She was furious.

Furious at having lost her prized possession.

Her last thought before losing consciousness, was killing both of them.

Non-Stop

“We don’t have much time.” Jaina said while she half carried Kyp down the corridor towards the landing bay. She had a small ship waiting there that would take them far away from this hell hole.

But she didn’t have to be a Doctor to know that Kyp was in really bad shape.

“You have to hold on.” She said, shaking him to get his attention. He opened his eyes and managed a lopsided grin. “You still have a lot to teach me, remember?”
    Tears clouded her vision but she kept going.

She held on to him and kept going.

Burn

At the helm, Jaina breathed a sigh of relief when she realized Kyp had fallen into a deep meditative state.

It would take them a few hours to get back home. Although, home wasn’t a good idea. Mara would find them there. It would be the first place she’d look.
    Leaning back, Jaina felt as anger burned through her veins. She grabbed onto it and turned anger into a mission.

Revenge was so sweet.

But somehow, she would have to hide her plans from Kyp.

He wouldn’t understand. He wouldn’t condone her actions.

And Jaina just couldn’t afford to care.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Ceillian - Great to see you posting. :D

Powerful stuff, here; I can certainly see Kyp's struggle in Kessel (he's rather introspective, given he was only 8 when he was hauled there, but he's never been slow, by any measure, either). And good to see Eliziya, too. :)

And that Jaina, Mara, and Kyp series - chilling. I fear Jaina's learning more from Mara than she is from Kyp ... [face_worried]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Holy ****!

Week One packed some punches, didn't it?

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hallöchen! :D

This is what I always liked about your writing. You cannot only do the fun stuff, but also the darkness. Ergo, you write damn good Sith characters. [face_love]

Ceillean likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Week One: wow. Liz and Kyp are still awesomeness as an OTP. =D= Week #2: ooh, the first person POV really puts these over the top. Week #3: =D= Terrific AU here and different use of these prompts, which mushified would have been scrumptious as well. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Bad Mara, but Jaina is there for Kyp

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Week Two

Wow. I had forgotten Kyp beginnings within the Spice Mines of Kessel! This was a good reminder. Thank you.

What a terrible place, to work as well as to be imprisoned.

Plenty of insights, such as his thoughts on what passed for food, the daily process to go through to get it - eye scan, and holding his bowl in a pre-designated place - and the reality of those eastern tunnels. Excellent stuff.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    So, after being away for a while because Real Life absolutely and utterly sucks, I'm back with a little fluff.
    I used my OC Eliziya for Week 4...and wow, I have some catching up to do. :p

Week Four
    Kyp/OC, Eliziya

Hunger

I love watching him when he’s doing his exercises. At the beginning, he tried to send me away but after a while he realized that I wouldn’t listen so…here I am, watching and staring and basically wishing I could rip his clothes off and kiss every inch of that toned body.

He knows this, of course. He knows everything about me, my deepest, darkest secrets.

I think he enjoys how I stare at him like a teenager in love. Sometimes I see a little secret smile on his face.

Ripping off clothes is definitely on the menu tonight.

He’s mine.

Thirst

“It’s only a few days, Liz.”

I stare at him blankly because he’s laughing. At this moment, I wish he could feel how being without him is like a parched dryness. He hasn’t even left yet and already I miss him.

“A few days is too long.” I cross my arms over my chest and look him straight in the eye. “I could…you know…tag along.”
    Again, he laughs. I frown. “Why is this funny?”

He cups my face in his hands and kisses me. “It’s not. You’re just unbelievably cute.”

Not sure that’s any better. But hey, I’ll take it.

Itch

Three days and counting.

While I’m sitting in the grass outside the Praxeum, I’m severely annoyed. Which also means that I’m not thinking rationally but that usually never bothers me. Bothers other people, yeah, but that’s their problem.

My irrational thoughts make me wonder if he’s out there meeting other women. Being all nice and flirty. The thought alone makes me want to hurt someone.
    I mean, I could just com him and see what he’s up to…satisfy that little jealous itch…

Alas, common sense kicks in just in time and I don’t make a fool of myself.

Go me!

Yearn

Just a few days, he said. It won’t be long, he said.

Yeah, well, ten kriffing days is a long time in my book. And with no contact whatsoever, I start to worry. I worry a lot because he wouldn’t be Kyp Durron without trouble following him pretty much everywhere. It’s like there’s a defective filter between his brain and his mouth so he says whatever he thinks. And there it is: trouble.

And I miss him. Like crazy.

I wish I could touch him. Breathe in his scent. Kiss him.

I just want him back home. Safe and sound.

Impulse

My first impulse is to punch him in the arm. Twenty-three days without a single word. I am angry. And worried.

But when the ship finally sets down and I see that he’s unharmed, all the anger fades away.

I’m relieved and happy that he’s finally home.

Not caring what anyone thinks, I run towards him like a damned maniac and throw my arms around him.

I hold him so tightly and I seriously never ever want to let him go again.

“Miss me?” He says with a laugh.

Yeah.

I punch him in the arm.

He so deserves it.

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Your Liz is certainly a lady that I like. Kyp should have known better!

* starts singing the lines of a song from "Die Ärtze" before going to bed: "Manchmal, ja wirklich manchmal haben Frauen ein kleines bißchen Haue gern..."

Ceillean likes this.