main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i'm curious with Ant-Man in Infinity War and then another solo movie coming out a couple months later how that will work

2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    So Marvel changed their 2020 schedule since Indiana Jones is coming out July 2020.

Still have Untitled Marvel movie in May 2020 (most likely GotG 3)
    And still have Untitled Marvel movie in November 2020. (Most likely Dr. Strange 2)

But the middle Untitled Marvel movie is now set for August 7, 2020.

That doesn't seem like a month for a known property. It's got to be a new franchise in the MCU.

3. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    I was told we are not allowed to use four star words on this forum :D

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I don't think the time jump for the Guardians in Avengers: Infinity War will make an impact. Probably just an older Groot and Quill arriving in modern day terra, much like Captain America when he woke up from his frozen nap. The time gap also allows/explains for Thanos not be in Vol. 2.

As for Zoe "misspeaking," I don't think so. According to the quote in the link above, Zoe said, "I think that the Guardians just shot their part when it comes to ‘Infinity War,’ the first part, and we all have to go back forGauntlet later this year." If that quote is accurate, I don't see how Zoe misspoke as she clearly noted the first part is "Infinity War." Zoe didn't say go back for reshoots, but rather a new film. Now, "Guantlet" could be the working title for Avengers 4. "Guantlet" is not a plot spoiler, per se, but it strongly suggests that the "Infinity Guantlet" won't be wielded in Avengers 3.

From what little information I gathered, Avengers 3 will heavily feature Thanos and probably not so much Avengers. Steve and his team will most likely be working underground, while Tony rebuilds a new Avengers team. Probably an introduction of Carol Danvers. I'm thinking the announcement of Brie Lawson as Captain Marvel last year means she'll make her first appearance in the MCU in Avengers 3. So, far Tony's team includes himself, Rhodey and Vision, with Black Widow and Black Panther jumping ship. And pending Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man might be on the team. Which leaves a spot or two open for the Avengers.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Bench. Pressing. The. Planet. wtf. Then Batman will beat him up and then Batman will get a run for his money from the Joker.

BigAl6ft6 and soitscometothis like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So I finished Luke Cage, looking at it from a wider MCU perspective is interesting, even though it's not exactly overflowing with MCU stuff. Hammer-tech being the source for the fancy weaponry is a nice touch (and I guess even though Justin Hammer is imprisoned it's still going on, unless this is all just surplus). One thing I really like is that it sort of straddles a fine line, rather well done, between being it's own thing and being an adjunct to the MCU. Probably moreso than Daredevil or Jessica Jones (which do feel kind of isolated). It does add to the fabric of the MCU that with all this superhero craziness going on in the world, this can exist on the sidelines. Grousing about superfreaks is not JUST Luke Cage but growing frustration and fear at him is a knock-on effect of when you got guys like The Avengers hanging around (great protest sign in the series is one that says "The Only Superfreak we like is Rick James".) Also the guys selling "The Incident" DVDs on the sidewalk is a nice touch. So while they may never butt heads against the larger MCU, it feels like a part of it's fabric, while also being distinct. There's a moment at the end involving advanced technology that may be jarring in Luke Cage as a singular thing but I feel, incorporating into the MCU, there is all this kind of crazy stuff floating around so it can pass. as a comic geek, it works for me. Maybe for people just watching Luke Cage as it's own thing, it's odd. (Also a great line is when Cottonmouth finds out about how much a super-advanced Hammer tech bullet is going to cost and he's super excited but when the guy writes down the price he goes "For a bullet? For real?!")

Anyway, I am officially No Prize / Head Canon Alfre Woodard's Black Mariah from Luke Cage and Miraim from Civil War as twins. Long separated twins. Family is a huge importance to Black Mariah, and it's a pretty messed up family, so I sez that Miraim (not her real name) was born to the family, bounced because they're criminals and evil and psychos (as shown in the Cottonmouth flashback), took up a new ID, had a son, who was killed when the Avengers were taking on Ultron.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Actually, as I understand it, DC's stopped playing up that Batman could take out Superman. In "Justice League: Secret Origin", none of Bruce's tricks worked on Superman.

[​IMG]

Besides, the Hulk is capable of making the Earth quake when he's angry enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh certainly Superman writers have not been the only perps. I seem to recall a Secret Wars cover where the Hulk is lifting something something billion billion tons, yet after some big fight the Hulk was just in where he was at the bottom of his barrel he lost to Cap and Daredevil.

10. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The Hulk lifted a mountain that was being dropped on the heroes. That was also when the Hulk was struggling between Banner controlled Hulk and the returning Savage Hulk. With regards to Daredevil, the Hulk won that fight and nearly killed Murdock. He only managed to get a few shots in, but then took a beating. Cap used leverage and pressure points on the Hulk, but that only relied on surprise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, when dealing with characters called Superman and the Hulk, the latter who brags about being the strongest one there is, you kinda have to expect them to live up to the hype.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I remember that cover caption from Secret Wars:

"Beneath this mountain range stands the Hulk...And he's not happy"

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah. I'm as geeky as y'all but sometimes...yeah, sometimes you can only suspend disbelief so much in regards to the BS these demi-gods regularly pull off in their funny pages. :p

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    All of these characters can be defeated if their animators die of a sudden heart attack.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    crummy cam rip but here's our first look at Runaways! Basically looks almost exactly like issue #1 of Volume 1. Which is good because it's kind of a perfect issue anyway. Probably all they shot so far so haven't put one up proper.

Cast photo too! Almost exactly like the damn cover as well!

[​IMG]

from the official twitter https://twitter.com/runaways

Where’s a velociraptor emoji when you need it? @hulu@Marvel#Runaways

The2ndQuest likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do people think they will change who the traitor is so it will be a suprice?

17. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Hope not.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Am I the only person who really liked "The Incredible Hulk" with Edward Norton? Still one of my favorite MCU movies and IMO easily the best theatrical treatment of the Hulk. Still bummed that Edward Norton didn't continue with the franchise (he's such a great actor).

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I enjoyed it as well and watch it with the other MCU films.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I like the Incredible Hulk as well; more than the original Thor film. I mean, there was alot of connective tissue in the film as it referenced the super soldier serum & Captain America, Tony Stark and SHIELD.

I thought Emil Blonsky was one of the better MCU villains. So much so, I want an encore performance somewhere down the line.

And Hulk actually says, "Hulk SMASH!!!"

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Completely forgot that Iron Man came out on May 4th 2008...then again I waited a couple of months to see it and was pleasantly surprised.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

I also like, "Puny god" in "The Avengers". A nice riff on "Puny Banner". I do hope that the Banner is able to talk through the Hulk in "Infinity War". Or at least the Hulk persona evolves into a semi-intelligent one.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I like the Incredible Hulk also.

24. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    It was okay. Not bad certainly. However, I think that Norton's portrayal is inferior to Mark Ruffalo's.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    On this day, five years ago, possibly the greatest scene in MCU history was born (certainly at least top-3, if not the top)...