main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Louisville Bats 2017 Outing

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Jan 15, 2017.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Louisville Bats have their 2017 schedule out and this year Star Wars Night is Saturday May 20. Looks like that will fall on a work weekend for me but if I get assigned a day shift I should be able to make it. I won't know until a few weeks out though. Anyone else interested?

http://www.milb.com/promotions/index.jsp?sid=t416

2. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I'm interested

3. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    I'm totally down. New to Louisville so stuff like this is great to find. I appreciate your posting.

4. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    I hope to go.

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I heard last night was a rain out and they're looking to reschedule their Star Wars night. I'll post up if I see or hear something.

6. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    Yeah, it was a rain out. But during the delay, they still played the music and before it rained, they had everyone who dressed up out on the field which was awesome. 'Rey' threw one of the ceremonial first pitches. Almost everyone there was in something Star Wars - most people in t-shirts, but some kids were dressed up as Rey, Darth Vader, Jedi, etc. It was still fun.

I got an email this morning saying that they're going to honor the tickets for last night's game at any other regular season game, so I don't know if they're actually going to reschedule Star Wars night. I think because much of the Star Wars stuff still went on, they're probably done with that theme for this season. But I could be wrong.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the report! I hear they are looking to do it again but they need to find an open night. Star Wars night is one of their most popular promotions. How did you represent/celebrate the Warz? Tshirt? Did you get any pictures you can share?

8. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    I wish I had some pictures. We were down waiting to take pictures with the characters when it started pouring, so, sadly, no pictures. And I really wanted a pic with the dude in the Tusken Raider costume, too. It was perfect. We were out on the waterfront for several hours before the game, so we just wore t-shirts. My niece had an elaborate storm trooper dress, so she was the fancy one.

Like I said, most people wore t-shirts because it was a hot, humid day. The sheer number of people with elaborate Star Wars sleeve/arm tattoos actually surprised me the most. There were a lot of people rocking imperial or rebel symbols or Death Stars or Vaders. In terms of cosplay, there were maybe 5 different folks in various trooper gear in the character group, an imperial officer, a resistance fighter, the Tusken Raider, a DS gunner. The most popular costumes for fans who dressed up were Rey and Vader and they were mostly children. There were a couple kid storm troopers and Jedi, too. And a few toddler BB-8s. There was one group that had four girls of different ages all in identical Rey scavenger costumes. It was cute.

I hope they reschedule it. It looked like it was going to be a lot of fun. And it seemed like it was a super popular promotion. They were selling some special Darth Vader themed kids shirts that read 'Do not underestimate the power of Louisville' and some Star Wars baseball caps in the team store. I didn't see anything else for sale that was themed, but it's possible they had cups or containers somewhere and I missed them.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    A little birdie tells me they are looking at August 4th for a redo. We'll see. If you want to see some Star Wars characters up close the local 501st is usually in attendance at Wonderfest, a model making convention, coming up soon. They're also possibly bringing their speeder bike props for photo ops.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Jacques who likes this.
  11. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    Hopefully we'll be rainfree this time.