main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May Get Together 5/20/17 2pm @ Cuba Cuba Stapleton & Groot

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, May 9, 2017.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Lets meet up Saturday the 20th at Cuba Cuba restaurant in Northfield Stapleton. This restaurant is pretty close to the Harkins Theater and hopefully there is an afternoon showing of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 that we can check out as a group around 4 something. :)

Right now their showtimes are not yet listed for that date.

http://cubacubastapleton.com

http://m.harkinstheatres.com/theatreList.aspx#/theatreDetails.aspx

Topics:
    -Celebration highlights
    -Star Wars at the Hangar recap
    -DCC
    -Episode VIII
    & more!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Is this the meeting or the movie?

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Just the get together. The movie was going to be decided later. he-guy, did you look at showtimes and see if there's one that would work?

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Looks like 315 or 525. Which one works better? [​IMG]

6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    They are both $8 and open seating. Must have a lot of seats available as I put in 99 quantity and the website was fine with it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

7. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    So it looks like there are currently 3 afternoon options counting the 3D for $3 more. Looks like we could just plan on letting the meeting take its course and head to the show afterwards based on who can make it.

8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Oh yeah. Also, JT and kiddo had to go out just before the picture, so they got their own. [​IMG][​IMG]

AuttyBot likes this.
  9. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Aww.. Poor Jonathan.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Contrary to how I look in that photo, I had a good time. ;P
    And you can just barely see Logan's head in the backseat. He had a good time...watching videos on @FanForced's phone the whole time.

Good to see y'all! Logan was so excited he peed on the floor and left. Mic drop!!

11. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    That was a great finish to the meeting. Next time I'll follow Kim's advice and take the photo earlier. ;)

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    But than again, if you take them at the start and I DO make a meeting I most likely will be running on Sith time and be late :p

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Notes? Something was said about you figured out what we are doing for DCC for our table? Auction, etc.

14. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    RMFF Get Together May Notes
    Roll Call: Many came but they were single file so I couldn’t count their numbers.

Old Business

April Get Together at Perkins – Meh, it was a fine location. Got the job done. Basically, we upped their cool factor when we showed up.

Star Wars Celebration Orlando – There were lines. Many lines. Lines that we paid good money to stand in. Jason thought it was fun! Live streaming was very well done and a good alternative for the stay-homes, plus it’s always a front row seat unless you own a cat.

Star Wars After Dark – We would love to see more tickets sold next time to up the party feel. The bar might be better placed in the main area.

Star Wars at the Hanger – Lots of people. The trivia questions were too tough. Need more softball questions for a family affair. There were lots of extra activities available although many of them were an extra cost beyond the admission.

Starfest – The hotel is different without the balcony rooms and atrium feel. They were not checking for stinking badges to get into the dance/stage area.

New Business

Riff-it Friday – Rogue One on May 26th (which ended up being hilarious even when people were dying.) There will be no June Riff-it because of Denver Comic Con.

June Get Together – Saturday 17th at the Tavern at Lowry at some time (2pm? Don’t ask me).

Denver Comic Con – Another awazeballs trivia panel in the works. Please look under your sofa for small or medium prizes for the trivia panel. Sign up for your table shifts asap. Sign up for two shifts to get the reduced priced badges (quantities limited, not available in Alaska or Hawaii.) Instead of the prize wheel we will be offering easy, medium, or hard trivia questions. We need to have a list of 20 or so questions in each category. We want a Star Wars standee cut-out with word bubble to announce that we have trivia questions at the table. Have flyers to promote the panels.

July BBQ – The people who took on the assignment to find a park pavilion venue have been sacked. My sister was bitten by a moose once.

he-guy and DieWompRatDie like this.
  15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The people who were supposed to sack the people who were supposed to sack those who took on finding a July venue...have been sacked.

We will now choose a July get together location quickly and cheaply and in bright, loud colours.

he-guy likes this.
  16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Thank you for posting these! Great job!!

17. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Is that something I need to do, or are the panel people on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk