main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yoda movie hundreds of years before the existing films would be cool. I'd also like to see a Star Wars movie confined to one planet or city. McCallum once mentioned "Deadwood in space" about the live action series, which could still be an awesome concept if Disney is willing to do something a bit rougher. Or a "softer" type of Star Wars period drama--something taking place at a Naboo country estate rather than a gritty city or frontier. Basically I'm tired of rebels vs Empire and Jedi vs. Darth Vader/some guy who looks like Darth Vader.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Padme as Queen of Naboo is really something I would like to see if they do Palpatine's backstory. As for Yoda, the only story I would be interested to see in a movie would be him harvesting his first kyber crystal, they could go really mystical stuff with a completely new cast of characters beside Yoda and it wouldn't be exactly PT era either so no "feel like the OT/PT" excuse. That would force them to think outside the box and of their comfort zone.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I can't see how being irritated at people disrespecting the franchise's creator and architect will or should ever get old.

4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    The Leia cover is the best one for me. I really hope they consider recasting her role, I think it would do an injustice to her character to just sideline her just because Carrie Fisher died, I just hope they don't kill her off screen.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Loving the new looks for Luke and Leia.

6. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I have to say Leia looks absolutely beautiful and amazing. Its gonna be really tough for me not to cry at least once when I go see TLJ.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree, the Leia cover is absolutely the one that stands out. I think she's going to steal the show in TLJ - if not George, Rian is a great director to give her a proper send-off. He really seems to have loved and respected her.

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I hope she has multiple costumes and hairstyles in this movie. I mean hers weren't as elaborate as Padme's who literally had a different clothing in every scene she appears but her 2 costumes in TFA left me completely indifferent, the one in the cover is already a big improvement and I hope we see more of that so I can see she's not just a random rebel character.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see something similar to the Battle of Jabiim arc in the Dark Horse comics in the Clone Wars and then the sequel arc In the Shadows of Their Fathers from the Empire comic series.

A story started in the CW and ends during the GCW.

Or even jumps to the Resistance/FO war.

DrDre and DementedMeerkat like this.
  10. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I have to say...

The covers are gorgeous. Outstanding production design; and Annie Liebovitz has come through yet again.

Carrie looks the most regal (appropriately enough) and finally appears like the Grand Old Dame of Star Wars she is.

All the photos certainly have an ancient or at least a Medieval-Edwardian feel to them; they practically throb with an antique feel.

With the exception of the villains, who have a more modern grey-green, pseudo-Tim Burton look about them (check out Kylo's leathery cape: Batman meets "Opening Sequence" ROTS Palpatine) -- as if the sleeker, more ordered, industrial side of the 1930s has gone to war with the feudal fury and "old war photograph" feel of the other tableaux -- a staunch, deep-stained "sepia" brown look, lofty or weathered, is clearly in here. Look at Luke's tan-leather and teak-brown glove! Whoa.

I suppose I do have to admire them in a sense for doing something different; and really pushing that aesthetic here. Whatever the final result of the finished film may actually be. While everyone does look a bit drawn and depressed, adding to the austere mood, they are all immaculately coiffed, with an ashen sense of worldiness about them. It may be dark and dour, but the visual impact is fantastic. This is probably the best thing I've yet seen (but I do love photography) to come out of the Disney stable since the sale in 2012. Colour me impressed. Lots of tawny admiration has been activated here! Browns and beiges have never looked more beautiful.

B3, Mostly Handless and DrDre like this.
  11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I agree Leia looks great. Not feeling the others, though. Costumes strike me as kind of bland.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  12. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    It's the "bla" fugly/brownish colors.

13. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-four-covers?mbid=social_facebook
    How very dashing@};-@};-@};- [​IMG]

I like Rose's expression. In the image released of her at celebration she appears quite vulnerable, but hear she seems a little mischievous.[face_mischief]
    I love Leia's new costume too, and it seems to be different form the one she was wearing in the BTS pictures of Carrie and Rian released at Celebration, so we know she has at least two (nice ones) in this movie. Although I'm assuming that either that collar folds down into a lapel, or her entire outer garment is a jacket.:p
    Anyway, they all look great.

Edit:
    I don't think that fact that they've been photographed against a brown background, while all wearing brown costumes really helps either. Honestly I don't think the costumes are bad. per-se, but that background does sort of make Finn and Poe appear like an advertisement for a Gentle-men's outfitter.

Also.Is it just me, or does Poe look like he's pinched Han Solo's jacket from TFA[face_laugh]
    [​IMG]

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I was charmed by Kelly Marie Tran at Celebration - she was full of energy and seemed genuinely happy to be there, much like John and Daisy. I think she'll be a great addition to the very strong cast.

15. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS The Last Jedi VANITY FAIR SPOILER Pics!

New SPOILER pics from Vanity Fair! Leia! Finn, Poe, Rose and BB-8! Kylo, Phasma and Hux! Rey and Luke Skywalker!

Jedi Knight Fett and Cryogenic like this.
  17. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Fair enough but I wasn't referring to irritation. Was referring to the discussion & why it keeps featuring in a thread that's supposed to be about the future.

My interest in the Solo movie is slowly growing. Really like the cast they've put together. Kasdan writing the screenplay is definitely an exciting prospect. The movie will be set as close to the PT era as anything we've seen. Some of it will likely take place just a few years after RotS. Wonder what Prequel references or settings may appear. I'd like to see the Jedi Purge mentioned as something still happening in the background. If some of the movie takes place in the underworld of the galaxy, a few Jedi could be taking refuge in that type of setting. Maybe a young Han could witness one being taken down by stormtroopers with blasters. Which is why he had little time for "hokey religions" as a means of defense.

DarthCricketer likes this.
  18. DrDre

DrDre Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 6, 2015
    Han also said he has never seen anything to convince him there's one all- powerful force controlling everything. So, him witnessing the Jedi purge, or interacting with any refugee Jedi would directly contradict his "earlier" statements IMO. I really hope they will stay far away from any Jedi related story threads.

19. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Only if he saw them use their "magical" powers. If he'd heard about so-called Jedi in hiding, & witnessed one or two of them gunned down by Imperial agents there would be no continuity issues. He'd probably think their powers were all talk. Simple tricks & nonsense. Still I highly doubt any Jedi in hiding will directly feature in this movie. I wouldn't mind a mention of them though.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't think we need to have Jedi in every SW stories. Chirrut was a spiritual man but he wasn't a Force wielder and he had a different take on the Force than traditional Jedi so it was refreshing. I suspect Han could make other kind of Force believers which he doesn't believe hence the "hokey religions".

21. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Heels has indicated not to discuss the matter, but it's hardly a minor thing. While none of us knows the real nuts and bolts of it all, I feel it is worth pointing out that the specific entanglement of Lucas and Disney/LFL, and trying to ferret out what may have happened, is key to understanding the future direction of the entire series.

You're right, though, that it can look and sound like something of a broken record. And some people may be less interested in the behind-the-scenes machinations than others. I respect the fact that some people are more "eyes forward" and just want to enjoy as much Star Wars as they can coming down the pike. Hardly indecent.

However, there are others whose pleasure it is to take a more critical distance in some matters (or a critical perspective; if "distance" puts it too strongly); secondary, perhaps, to desiring to take up the "saber" of Lucas defence, given all the attacks on the man and his work and the heavy-duty hand-wringing that has gone on through the years. Which I also don't see as too indecent.

I do understand the desire here to not have the thread come unglued. And yet the story of Lucas and Disney/LFL is hardly over; let alone some of us prequel fans' fascination with it. Feels like we need a separate thread; maybe some sort of "retro" sanctuary that can chart the various shenanigans and "remind" people (to borrow J.J. Abrams' terminology) of all that has already gone down; and what that means for whatever might be coming next. In the vein of some of the other threads: "Don't talk about real deserts. It makes TFA feel uncomfortable."

And on another note, I still dig the austerity of the Vanity Fair pictures. Just not political austerity. Let's keep austerity in art, not in economic or social policy. ;)

22. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    How about calling it "Prequel fans argue about Disney/Lucas/Abrams/TFA". Has a nice ring to it o_O

Cryogenic likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

Cryo - if you are interested in pursuing this, you may want to give that new thread a shot in the Saga forum. It is a better and more appropriate arena for discussion of multiple trilogies, and/or the larger and more "intertwining" discussions.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    It's here.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cover-portfolio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote][/quote]

CIS Droid, DrDre, Cryogenic and 8 others like this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Wow. Love the shot of Daisy, and the two shots of Carrie with Billie and Mark.

Laura Dern's character looks interesting!

Edit - interesting new weapon for Phasma? Perhaps a new and improved electrostaff? Call-back to the PT??? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.