main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Injustice Series (IJ: Gods Among Us and IJ 2)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Scotticus

Scotticus Jedi Padawan

May 13, 2017
    I think they are just lazy, but other then that the game is almost like an RPG within a fighting game.

I hope their "mortal kombat" characters are just skins for already characters in the game. *wink*;)

lookameatbag likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I heard they have a nice story for Harley and The Joker; finally explaining their bitter rivalry to the point where she actually joins the Bat clan.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So the game is absolutely fantastic. As a fighting game, there are a few concerns with the zoning capabilities of Deadshot and Aquaman, but compared to where SFV and MKX were this early in their lifespan, IJ2 is miles and miles ahead.

The story, which is generally an afterthought (if even included) in fighting games, is unbelievable. Reviews have been great, the game has had some staying power on Twitch, and the first major competition to feature IJ2 kicks off this weekend in Chicago, at Combo Breaker.

It's kept my attention, and I've already spent many more hours training Supergirl and trying to muscle memory her combos than I ever did with Deathstroke in the first game.

Red Hood gameplay trailer will debut on Sunday, with the character presumably being available at the end of next week (per a cryptic Ed Boon tweet :p).

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Are the characters easier/learn to control for a casual gamer? I liked the original game, but very rarely did I ever play online because I knew I'd get my butt kicked. I'm usually better off just fighting the CPU. Mortal Kombat is the same way for me.

To me, a fighting game like SF is easy to pick up and get a handle on; even for a casual gamer.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    IJ2 has been much easier for me to learn than IJ1 or SF5 was. That being said, I haven't ventured online yet - just been training, doing some single player matches, and working through the constantly changing "multiverse," which is another fantastic single-player mode that is similar to MKX's Living Towers.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I've seen video of the training mode, where you could actually assign on-screen special moves and combos to practice, which is a really good idea. I've always liked Harley, but I can't say I've really mastered her in the original game.

heels1785 likes this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I played a good bit of Harley yesterday - got her leveled up from 1 to 6 in just about two hours - she's pretty easy to learn, and has some depth, too. If you take the plunge, I'll be happy to spar with you a bit online!

Red Hood trailer has been released - featuring lots of beating up on Damian Wayne! :p

Love the move on Joker when he pulls the trigger, nothing fires, so he just throws the gun at him.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If/when I get the game, it'll be a used copy going for no more than $20. I'm not one to spend retail for a fighting game; even SFV I waited until the price came down substantially.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm getting this for my birthday next week and the wait is excruciatingly painful after hearing so many glowing reviews.

However I'm confused, do you unlock gear in single player mode or do you have to go online to unlock the really good stuff?

Also how do skins work? Do characters have predetermined costumes based on the comics like the last game? Is there a default skin for the story mode? Do skins exist at all?! Or is it all just customisation?

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll go into more detail when off mobile, but to answer your questions - you get gear through two ways in single player - through completion of single player challenges in the "Multiverse," which are tiered at different difficulties. You also get gear through motherboxes, which you can earn for achievements in SP and can buy with coins you earn for any matches you complete or leveling up. You can get epic gear in single player only, if you choose not to play online (although you can get gear online too).

Oh, you also get gear for completing chapters of the story.

There are two types of skins - shaders that change colors, and premier skins that alter the character. Only premier skins are Reverse Flash, Power Girl, John Stewart, Mr. Freeze, Vixen, and Grid. You can get shaders in motherboxes, or buy them with source crystals, which you get each time you level up, or you can buy with real money.

You going to play on PSN or Xbox?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  11. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    PS4, but no multiplayer for me. I'm just getting the game for the story and the chance to create my own batman.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Awesome. Hope you enjoy it!

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    More Batman characters? :(

lookameatbag likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Red Hood will be it. Starfire is a great choice, and I think Beast Boy will be one of the future DLCs. I wish they'd use the DLC to bring back some improved versions of the heavy hitters in IJ1, like Captain Marvel/Deathstroke/Lex Luthor/Doomsday/Sinestro.

I'd give anything to watch Darkseid vs. Doomsday.

I think Spawn is a likely future character, and Black Manta is almost certain. Unsure of others.

15. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014

As much as I like playing as Scarecrow, I would've loved to have had Dr. Destiny from Justice League, or at least have him as a premiere skin.

16. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I just want Martian Manhunter back.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

When I first got the original game for the PS3, I had a voucher for four DLC characters (Batgirl, Zatanna, Scorpion, and Lobo). It was only when I got the Ultimate Edition on the PS4 for a cheap price on PSN that I played as the Martian Manhunter.

You know I just realized something that I feel very stupid about. Call it a product of not being so much into the comic thing; but I really had no idea that Super Girl and Power Girl are essentially one in the same in the DC Universe. So obviously it makes sense that Power Girl would be a skin for Super Girl.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Kara Zor-El and Kara Zor-L. :p

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah, that's what I read. Saw there was actually an animated episode of Justice League where they actually meet each other.

20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Are they really that similar? I'm a big DC fan and I didn't know that lol

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I didn't know until just this past weekend when I accidentally stumbled on it in a Google search.

BTW, I like your current avatar. I got my ticket to see the movie tomorrow evening after work :)

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it's somewhat off topic (not sure where else to talk about it in the forum), but has anyone seen WW yet? I saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it!

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I saw it this morning - absolutely loved it, a nearly perfect film and take on the character.

Came home and played through the rest of the story of IJ2 - a very different portrayal of Wonder Woman. :p

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well is that supposed to be Wonder Woman from an alternate universe (Earth 2)? I'm pretty sure the original game had a little bit of Wonder Woman's story. Probably involving Ares, who of course is another Injustice character.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah. Injustice world WW is just attached to Superman, and enjoys controlling him. Her special attacks in IJ1 involve the Amazons, so the indication is that her backstory is the same, up until the nuking of Metropolis.