main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the best music from the Prequel Trilogy and why is it Anakin's Betrayal?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jedi_Lantern, May 1, 2016.

1. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    TPM isn't complete either. It was just the (heavily edited) music as heard in the film.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    But what's really missing though? Presenting all of the music that played in the film is what a soundtrack should be isn't it?

I'm all for unused tracks, like for the ESB and ROTJ scores, but the Ultimate edition still covers almost everything actually in the film, which is fine to me.

Although I have to admit that the decision to chop each piece up into little sections is highly annoying.

{Quantum/MIDI} and Neyo like this.
  3. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Thank you darskpine10 for that, so I need to find the other tracks with the list, atleast there is the extended list of all scores. Really a shame, as I wanted to buy the album, but if its not complete, I wont buy the incomplete version.

4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    If you're interested, have a look at my playlist of unreleased tracks from AOTC.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEtVbo8oKTgrNUfP8rWDeOJcq4OUWNGA5

Sith Lord 2015 and Neyo like this.
  5. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Nice, really like the Bounty Hunters Pursuit. I just have the extended soundtrack list of ROTS.

6. steelneena

steelneena Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2007

RotS is currently overwhelmingly number one on the official favourite score poll here actually. And I have to say, I agree.

7. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    First of all, I love this thread. And secondly, I have to agree that ROTS has the best score of nearly any movie ever. And lastly, I think Padme's Ruminations is the most powerful, but Across the Stars is the most beautiful. And that one is from AOTC, really outstanding.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  8. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Thanks! Where did you get those tracks? Are they on some new extended soundtrack CD?

9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Mostly extracted from video games, and combined with tracks from the soundtrack. Unfortunately there's no extended soundtrack.

Filmscoremedia has posted several more tracks from all 3 Prequels: https://www.youtube.com/user/FilmScoreMedia/playlists

Huttese 101 and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  10. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Thanks! What a shame! It seems nowadays every single crappy B-movie from the 70s gets its new release complete score but the SW prequels, of all movies (they were huge hits after all), don't! I wouldn't be surprised if TFA would get its complete score released officially before any of the prequels.:mad:

Huttese 101 and darkspine10 like this.
  11. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes.
    Best duels accompanied by best music.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  12. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Best prequel music, of course it's "Across the Stars". I really liked "Duel of the Fates", but John Williams really outdid himself in the sequel AOTC. It may be the most melodic piece in all of the saga, and the way it is used in the AOTC end credits is very innovative. It is the only SW end credit music that didn't end with the more traditional SW themes but very quietly with harps (???). I think this stands out among all the other SW end titles.

13. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Because it is one the best-Padme's Ruminations, Battle of the heroes, Duel of the Fates, Birth of the Twins they are the best.

14. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I'm too lazy to look it up.. but I've always loved whatever music it is they play during the Order 66 scene.

Jester J Binks likes this.
  15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017

Agree with you completely. Anakin's theme brings tears to my eyes.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  16. JediKnight234

JediKnight234 Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2017

yep completely true

SW Saga Fan likes this.
  17. denilvie

denilvie Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2017
    Battle of heroes was my favorite. The music is always in my phone.

18. CLee

CLee Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 18, 2017
    "Duel of the Fates" was great but I think the best is "Across the Stars," beautiful and very romantic and yet also conveys that the love is forbidden and secretive, very much with the possibility of regret and even tragedy.

19. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    This sounds like it.

Like you, I'm too lazy to verify beyond thinking "that sounds like it".

20. 100PercentStarWars

100PercentStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2017
    Whenever I hear Anakins Betrayal, it gives me heart based stress.