main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Every damn game...

[​IMG]

2. ecnal79

ecnal79 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2016

Here's a cool breakdown of the gameplay trailer

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Fascinating, ecnal79. Thank you for sharing!

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Awesome vid!​

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So I just looked online and the Elite Edition of SWB 2 is $80.. Is it really worth it??o_O

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Looking like it may be. Everything I've seen has looked unbelievably good.

7. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    First look at crates courtesy of SWBattlefrontUpdates.

Looks good. Feels like something to work towards and progress. As it looks like RNG and from previous interviews everything can be earned by just playing the game this looks fair and not pay to win which some were worried about.

Watch people with no time or money sense spend more money than the season pass on loot crates for those sweet sweet legendaries!

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Looks complicated. I'm just curious how you're going to be able to use Heros in the online modes where the tokens are now obsolete.

B99 likes this.
  9. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    There's a few videos detailing this on youtube I'll see if I can dig one up. Basically you earn battle points from doing damage, staying on objective, kills, team heals etc and once you die you can opt to spend those points on special characters, starfighters and heroes.

Edit:

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hope the Hero modes are better than in the first.. Not that I will probably play those either..

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I love when I play Hero Hunt, when I spawn as hero, all the players are right there swarming me.. But when Other players spawn, they spawn on the other side of map where there are no players...

12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I still play the Outer Rim DLC almost every day and I try to get in a few rounds of turning point on Jakku whenever I can.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

So it's on a player by player basis and really doesn't have anything to do with competition among teammates (i.e. the player with the highest points gets to choose the hero)? I dig that. I was concerned that it only favored the best players; you know the ones who rack up an average of 50 kills with no deaths in a typical Walker Assault or Blast - virtually ignoring the casual gamers. The best games are the ones that are designed to let the casual gamers have as much fun as the more experienced gamers. Maybe it only takes them a tad longer to earn the chance to use their favorite hero than their experienced teammate.

14. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    So,potentially, there could be a full team of darth maul's on the other side??

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Maybe like the top four or five points earners will get to choose a hero when they reach a certain goal; depending on how many heroes are available when the game is released. Just a guess.

16. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I would absolutely hate the same heroes being in the match at the same time.

17. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    No I'm fairly sure you can only have 1 of each hero on at a time.

18. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I'm guessing just like the special classes of the original, there's a cap on the amount that can be on the field at the same time.
    Which would also explain why there's two heroes per match.
    I'd assume that also goes for the extra classes like the SBD and vehicles.

After all, a team full of tanks would be just as bad as a team full of Maul's.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's there a possibility that in the big game modes that there would be a timed limit to the heroes you're able to use; kind of like the AT-AT walkers in the current game?

B99 likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    It's possible.. Didn't the heros in the 2015 beta were time limited?

21. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Heroes should be like the original BF series. Your health is always steadily depleting, but you get small increments back by killing the enemy. Only big killing streaks can keep you going for a while. Would keep people from doing stupid stuff like perching Boba Fett up on high objects (sand crawler) and relying on his wrist rocket. Or Han/Lando hiding in the back relying on their guided OHK blasts. Theoretically if health would deplete a tick faster than the recharge it would force people to be active or lose the hero.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Gamestop certainly has some false advertising in their current ad. They showed a picture of BFII with the caption that you'd "SAVE $30 ON PRE-ORDER"; the picture showed the new game alongside the 2015 version. But it turned out that if you pre-ordered the new game you'd get the other one for free. Yipee. That's nice for minority of people who don't have it yet but want it.

23. ecnal79

ecnal79 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2016
    The hero characters for the new battlefront may be:

General Grievous
    Darth Maul
    Yoda
    Lando Calrissian
    Chewbacca
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Han Solo
    Bossk
    Darth Vader
    Boba Fett
    Palpatine
    Rey
    Kylo Ren

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...nakinobiwanjangodooku_at_launch_confirmed_by/ T

This person's leaks have been accurate before but I'm a little skeptical about Obi-Wan and Anakin not being playable for the Republic and the factions having such a disproportionate amount of heroes seems weird too.

24. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015
    I'm sorry but if they have Bossk and not important villains like Dooku or Jango then they need to get their priorities straight! :/
    All they have to do is have the heroes from the original Battlefronts, plus a few more like Lando and Plo Koon, and they're set. Something tells me they don't have enough maps for the game's launch to cater for that kind of roster... Has the number of maps been confirmed?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Having Jango as well as Boba would be pretty redundant; don't you think?

If the presumed leaked roster does turn out to be official; I'm not impressed. And is it so wrong to not include some female villains for a change? I'd love to see Ventress; or even go so far as to suggest Mother Talzin. She could have the same "summon allies" abilities as Palpatine with the Nightsisters. That would be fricken awesome.