main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Don't people know that families should be off limits.[face_dunno]

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I think any too personal contact should be avoided towards any artist. They and their families deserve their private life and fans should respect this. Meeting them at cons, public shows/events, advertising tours, premieres etc should be enough and they don't owe anyone any private time. I don't get it what some so called fans think. [face_dunno]

3. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I don't know why people think they can do things like that.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  4. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    I don't think the said person knows what limits are . I know who your talking about I was following her and blocked her she got mad at everyone and un followed
    The said picture is from a old 70s movie My friend told me but I don't remember. Nope She has locked her account.

5. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    I can't believe I actually looked into that string of tweets but that was extremely creepy and weird. I took the time to report each of those like ten(?) tweets and most of them got deleted. Whoever that person is needs to find a new hobby.

6. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Who ARE these psychos??

Mostly Handless and nightangel like this.
  7. Darth Nikean

Mar 30, 2016
    I know who she is and like I said above I blocked weird doesn't even describe . She has no locked her account s.she. Is obsessed to the max. Her name is Nope she act like she is friends of the family

8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  9. Darth Nikean

Mar 30, 2016
    Yep

nightangel likes this.
  10. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    OK, this discussion needs to stop. Dragging this Twitter drama over here and naming accounts, real life names and the names of the family members being allegedly harassed is not wise. We don't want to stir up more trouble with this board as a launchpad.

11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I agree, squared.

I've edited my post as not to continue the Twitter talk. Mark deserves his privacy for all he's given us and I'll leave it at that.

nightangel likes this.
  12. Darth Nikean

Mar 30, 2016
    Sorry please delete my comment it was out of line

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Mark is such a cool guy. I think I could listen to him Sam Witwer, Filoni, Lucas, FPJ talk about SW all day!

14. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Mark would probably be happy to oblige ;) XD

He talks even more than I do, but he's so fun to listen to!

15. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    can't wait to see more Luke!

16. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I think my biggest wish for Luke's character is not for him to be the main hero in the new movies. However, I want him to have a large role in the next two, and for him to be given a fitting legacy, rather than a solely tragic one. I suspect that is what they are intending to do, given what we've heard about TLJ so far.

I don't have an issue at all if Luke ends up creating a middle path for future Jedi/force users, to help keep the force in balance, and avoid the mistakes of the past orders from repeating.

If he is somewhat broken, then it could presumably be his new student who pulls him out of his rut and helps him reinvigorate himself. That could be a very satisfying payoff for his character by the end of the 9th movie. A new generation of Jedi, but different and more stable than in the past. A different point of view on the force.

nightangel likes this.
  17. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    You know -- I promise this will be on-point --some years ago, I was disappointed to learn that Denis Lawson had no use for Star Wars or Star Wars fans. I chalked him up as being 'too cool for school' and a jerk, which I hated because Wedge is my second=favorite SW character behind only Luke. I was disappointed, until I found out why. It seems that some years ago, a couple of American fans jumped the gate of Mr. Lawson's home in Scotland (I believe) in the middle of the night and rang his doorbell, seeking an autograph. They had apparently come all the way from the US just to bother Mr. Lawson.

Understandably, it scared the hell out of Lawson -- whose family was at home -- and turned him against all things Star Wars for decades. This year's Celebration was sort of a 'return home' for Mr. Lawson, and he seems to have realized that a couple of bad apples had spoiled the whole bunch for him, and now he seems to be comfortable with Star Wars and his place in the SW universe. He's said he had a great time at Celebration and will be back. I met him and found him to be a perfect gentleman.

I said that to say this: I hope a couple of nuts don't 'ruin' Mark Hamill for the rest of us.

18. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Just letting everyone in the US/Canada know that Mark will be making an appearance on the Late Late Show with James Corden 12:37 Eastern, 11:37 central on CBS!
    Should be a lot of fun!

nightangel likes this.
  19. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
  20. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    when?

21. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
  22. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    nightangel likes this.
  23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    knew it Ahch-To is as Hamill called it a retirement home.
    Old man with a walking stick.

all that's missing is

24. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Yet for some reason, I've got people on collecting sites arguing with me that the Luke action figure should include his lightsaber, because it is a foregone conclusion that he will use one, and even if he doesn't no one will be disappointed that the figure suggested he would. Uh, no, no and no.

25. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016

There WILL be a green saber. Big money making there. Green Lightsaber sold separately. $$$$.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.