main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bird Sand, UDC VIII, completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And with Melko he had a special ops mission ending in ...

From my story 'Kerebuy Hawk down' comes the following set

81. History
    Steve Magaron was in a hospital-bed after tangling with the Slojuk-gang. He had two room-mates and saw one – Jesin Fialka – reaching for what looked to him as a history-book.

Centerpoint station was a great mystery to all that tried to study it. I sensed that a great power must have been responsible to create it. Were they related to the Sheir-Irel who had saved our ancestors in the dawn of time? I don’t know but I have taken many recordings of the station and will begin to study them and the book left by my great grandfather,” Jesin halted.

“Interesting?”

82. Write
    “Yes it is a diary from one of my ancestors and describing a visit to Centerpoint station,” Jesin said. “You can read the diary if you like.”

“Sure,” Steve loved to read written material. “I have seen Centerpoint station when I was with CorSec. I was with officer Jono Bel Hana and Rostek Horn – one of my students – when we were called to go and investigate a murder at the station. Centerpoint station was a weird place for Jono and me. It was radiating a strange kind of power. Rostek found the important clue in a holocron and saved me.”

83. Archive
    “Jono Bel Hana,” Jesin said. “Bret Chedokin mentioned a Monir-city police-pilot with that name when he came with the Steelman toys and told us all about Slojuk’s escape. The pilot was known under a different name to Slojuk and the airport authorities but his picture was identified immediately by Danil and Bret.”

Steve dug more in the archive of accumulated memories. “Jono is Captain Bel Hana’s grandson and a pilot for the Monir police. Captain Jono had two sons and a daughter. Jeb was named after his grandfather. He was a pilot on an old corvette when I left Corellia."

84. Artifact
    “Old Jono was muttering that his son was involved in some dirty business.”

“Bret mentioned the unsolved murder on Jeb and his wife,” Jesin said. “Jono took his accumulated days two and a half months ago after receiving a package from his foster-parents and left on a trip. He joined Slojuk as his pilot and could repair his father’s corvette. I think – with the pre-programmed jump in the nav-comp – that Jono will end up on Corellia.”

“CorSec will remember Jono’s grand-dad and yes Jono will end up at CorSec,” Steve whispered and remembered the old holocron artifact starting a murder-investigation.

85. Memory
    Old memories from Steve’s youth surfaced when Jesin began to read aloud in another history book. “You are a delight to listen to,” Steve saw his second room-mate – Halfir Majeski – stirring awake. “In my youth I had teacher Anja Fringo. She told us all about history but she was boring.”

“She sure was,” Halfir grinned “especially when we had to listen to her during the scrubbing of the fresher.”

“You are awake,” Jesin said.

“I am and it is nice to see Steve here. Now we have to wait until the thingies are gone and we can plan our esc…”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great discussion about history and exciting events from those who lived through them.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The next set is after "Cold case Corellia"

86. Air
    Steve Magaron had been there when the GMK seven transport landed at the Noranan Air- and Spaceport. He had welcomed his former partner Jono Bel Hana and son Jeb and had guided them to his cottage. Jeb was now sleeping in the guest-room and Steve and Jono were sitting on the porch sipping from a glass.
    Jono was hopping from one story to the other to tell how he had gotten the GMK seven to transport him and Jeb to Moniron.

“The air in the factory had a strong smell but what do you expect in an ale-factory,” Jono grinned.

87. Life
    “I could see the disgusting faces of the Jedi Cormond Police had arrested.”

“They arrested five Jedi?” Steve had a mischievous look on his face. “And they didn’t ignite their lightsabers to plan their escape?”

“No,” Jono replied. “Kyp Durron, Ben Skywalker, Seha Dorvald, Jysella and Valin Horn…”

Steve interrupted “Horn?”

“Yes,” Jono continued. “They are the children of Corran Horn. The Jedi had tangled with a group of Sith after searching for a pyramid shaped holocron revealed in a report from Rostek Horn. It changed my life,” he halted eyes turning moist. “Their search was connected to our case.”

88. Hair
    “You didn’t tell me about that,” Steve stroked softly over the hair of Jono. “What was your case?”

“Uh,” Jono whispered. “We had thieves going after some old files of Rostek Horn. The missing ones were about the Dorsetti case. I immediately suspected Sith activity because my dad had revealed in his diary that grandfather Jono knew that Palpatine – he was aide to Vidar Kim at the time of the visit to Coronet City – had murdered Aira Dorsetti.”

“I knew it,” Steve muttered. “No suicide. I was there with Rostek Horn when we found her. That Sith fried her nerves.”

89. Conviction
    “Only a Sith could have done that,” Jono continued. “Palpatine and his inquisitors murdered 97 Force-sensitives on Corellia. My uncle and aunt were found by our team. Granddad Jono escaped the clutches of the inquisitors because Rostek’s conviction had him retiring early. The death of Nejaa Halcyon and the birth of the empire led to a lot of activity on Corellia. Rostek managed to hide Jono and his wife in Firwood.”

“Firwood was my home when I lived on Corellia.”

“And the search for the holocron led the Jedi and me to Firwood and the ruins of the old training-facility.”

90. Sunshine
    “There I lost Arina,” Jono wiped his tear-stained face with his left hand, feeling the support of Steve.

Steve stroked softly over Jono’s hair.

“She was the sunshine in my life. She was pregnant. She and Jeb were taken by the Sith, imprisoned in a house. The Sith wanted the holocron found by us. We made a fake because we suspected treason. The Sith were defeated by the Jedi but one escaped. And she destroyed the house. She killed my wife. We could safe Jeb. The Jedi gave us the GMK seven transport. We are now safe here on Moniron.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great use of the prompts and recalling the riveting mystery

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Woah, I was so busy with the new job position & sorting out some important stuff that I missed two updates in a row.

Especially Jono´s story was very touching.

6. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I must find out what happens to Ben and Seha.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Continuing with the story during Flowers of evil
    Ben became a grandfather as revealed in the next set

91. Banter
    “Morning Steve,” Jono Bel Hana slid into the passenger-seat of the police-speeder. He was in for some banter with his partner and began “did you see the news?”

“Sure,” Steve Magaron remembered the first item on the morning-news. “Darth Krayt is gone and now we have the galactic federation triumvirate. And a Cade Skywalker was involved in the defeat of the Sith. It’s as always. A Skywalker saves the galaxy from a Sithly menace. And we…” he saw the serious look on Jono’s face “what?”

“Cade Skywalker is a grandson of Ben Skywalker,” Jono replied. “Ben saved Jeb and me.”

92. Accuse
    “Morning Steve and...”

Steve remembered the not-banter from almost 6 months ago and remained silent for a moment until he looked up. Paint was again in Jono’s hair. He had accused Jono yesterday of being dirty, had lectured him and had failed. He barely suppressed a laugh when he replied “Good morning Jono, you failed to follow up on my instructions to get a long shower, you slipped past the inspector unnoticed and…”

“He didn’t,” inspector Bret Chedokin was in the door-opening. “But he had the lecture yesterday and he is incorrigible but so was I when Imara was expecting.”

93. Offend
    ‘Will I offend Jono this time, breaking his speed-record?’ Steve slid behind the controls of the police-speeder seeing the serious look on Jono’s face. ‘It sure will stop the banter for some time. But I don’t like going to the darrin-valley at all. It’s an evil place. Rakata-remains and something recent; Peter Sloan sure was very convincing when he told Jono about the testing of the new medevac and what he has found in the darrin-valley.’

“You don’t like it,” Jono observed a silent Steve when he took his place “but see the bright side. You can break my speed-record.”

94. Compliment
    ‘I did break his speed-record. Now a compliment,’ Steve thought when he felt the Force diminishing and muttered “Darweed Jono! And Peter isn’t there near the water where the supposed Rakata remains are. I see him near the medevac and not trying to keep the remains from floating away. Where are those remains? And where are the recent things?”

“Yeah I see the evil darweed things with their seducing beautiful flowers. Peter must have returned to wait for us with his trap,” You can land near the medevac. And on a different subject, you have done it, breaking my speed-record.”

95. Confide
    Steve had confided his fears to Jono the moment he saw the darweed. But Jono had fallen to the seducing powers of the darweed-drug, had obeyed the commands of Carolin Mokovic and her devious sniper Volca Virine. Wounded he had tried to convince Jono to arrest the women. Now Jono was leaving with the two in the police-speeder.
    Steve saw something in the settling dust and remembered something he had said very long ago to a trainee. ‘CorSec officers never quit. Yes that’s what I told Rostek Horn. But before I go that way the first priority are my injuries.’

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Great set again, Steve and Jono's partnering to serve and protect.

Is there Time travel or advanced non aging formula for Steve?

Ah Ben and Seha escaped or were rescued.

:)

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very good use of the prompts dealing with various facets of communication

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I have to agree with Nyota here. You really show that you are a communication artist of kind with this new set of drabbles. ;)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Steve is a Dunai elder. They have a long life-span of almost 1000 years

96. Outrage
    Steve was kriffing mad at the two women who had stranded him in the wilderness. Cursing and silently venting his outrage he was painfully crawling to what could get him out when he heard a sound. He turned his head and recognised the Noranan general hospital craft immediately. “Here.” He saw it landing.
    Two men hurried towards him.

“Steve,” Aradan Mirdees saw the bloody left shoulder with the stuffed bandage, the left leg with the tourniquet and the bent right hand indicating broken bones. “Easy, we are here to help you and Tim is coming with the troops. You know.”

97. Outright
    “To patch me up,” Steve gave a small pained smile.

Aradan asked “what happened here?”

Steve told in an outright way what had happened. He had to get help to his friends. The medevac with Peter and Mick was headed to disaster and Jono was aiding the evil women. “Contact central immediately to take them into custody.” He ended and tried to rise using his hands and cried when the support wasn’t there “ooww.”

“You are going nowhere Steve,” Aradan supported Steve and reached to one pocket of the medbag for a fast acting painkiller. “I will stay with you.”

98. Maps
    Steve was on his way to recovery. He was now in a room with Mick Kerebuy and Peter Sloan when he heard some sounds. The door opened and there was Jono with a guilty look on his face.

“Steve, I am so sorry. I uh…”

“Don’t be,” Steve interrupted. “The darweed made you a victim.”

“Yeah and Mokovic and Virine escaped using my transport,” Jono halted for a few moments, getting a small smile on his face “they cannot return to Moniron. The maps in the navcomp will get them to New Holstice, a barren planet after the Yuuzhan Vong.”

99. Keys
    “With permission from Kaagi and some promises made by us you have made your escape from the hospital,” Jono guided Steve in his wheelchair to his home. But,” he began to laugh and dangled the keys before Steve’s nose. “Your right hand is in a splint and your left arm in a sling. We still have some Magaron-sitting to do.”

“Give me the keys,” inspector Bret Chedokin urged. “Orders from Kaagi were to settle him in his bed for some much needed rest after his trying to escape from the hospital adventures.”

“No escape needed here,” Steve was very satisfied.

100. Home
    Steve had tried to argue with the doctors to let him leave their care when the thingies keeping him monitored, pain free and providing him with enough air to breathe easy were gone. He had tried to escape asking a nurse to give him a wheelchair that could be guided by him alone. He had convinced Jono to guide him to his cottage after a walk in the hospital-garden. Aradan had him returning to his room.

Now Steve was home, resting in his own bed after the long stay in the hospital. He had Bret and Jono to help him.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super wrap-up & congratulations on finishing on the dot LOL

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You indeed wrapped up things nicely.

Now Steve was home, resting in his own bed after the long stay in the hospital. He had Bret and Jono to help him.

I can´t believe that the drabbles are over now!

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's so good to see Steve at home and resting after that ordeal. [face_love] Once again, I have to say how impressed and fascinated I am that you carried this story through twenty weeks with a continuous plot, all the while having no idea where the next prompts were coming from! Truly marvelous work, and I thank you for participating in the challenge! =D=

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thank you for your great support
    they are and were fun to do.
    Thank you for the challenge. It was fun to explore one character.

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Congrats for wrapping up things!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.