main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Twists in sobriety", UDC XX complete now, a thanks to everybody!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Mar 26, 2017.

1. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Oh, right, I guess you usually add that at the spot, or did I forget to copy it in? Anyway, thanks - even though I didn't need them to know who was the narrator in all pieces :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Just bits and pieces, little slices of the mosaic that is Nagina's life. And it's interesting that all of the drabbles refer to her, but are from the POV of the men around her. In these, at least, she remains an enigma. I think I like that. =D=

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Now that I am back from arranging a new job for me (starting on Monday straight away) & enjoying summer holidays in Austria with my husband & 12 members of his family, I might do so.

DarthUncle: The "Who is who" was not written into the text file when you posted it. No worries! And I know that you know. Always! [face_love]

Mistress_Renata: I think my obsession with Marion Zimmer Bradley and her novels is to blame for that! When I was a teen I tried to read everything that I was able to get. That influenced my writing in many ways, I fear. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Sorry it took me so long to reply! I was having a difficult time, but due to a wonderful husband, good friends & acquaintances, the positive feedback of several ex-colleagues from various old jobs and the Austrian mountains, where I just stayed for 1 week, I am much better now.

I will try to catch up with the other drabble challenges soon.

DarthUncle likes this.
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Twists in sobriety”, drabbles 16:

Week XVI

76. Mountain
    Up here on the Dee'ja Peak, belonging to Naboo's most famous mountain chain, the air is crisp and fresh. But that is not the reason why you rub your hands together. You are simply satisfied with yourself.

Your niece sits on a stone. Though her face is slightly red and she is out of breath, she looks happy and content.

Two days ago you ordered Confederate forces to invade Chandrila.

Up here in the Gallo Mountains Nagina is blissfully unaware of that. You took precautions that no harm will come to her foster family.

Barin's death was not in vain.

77. River
    Restlessly, you march up and down the porch. You should have put your foot down instead of letting her go.

“You know, Nagina is not a silly teen any more,” Dravits muses, when he joins you.

“But the Krennic boy is still an invitation for trouble. Some things never change.”

Your foster son gives you a sly smile. “I assure you that he won't stab her and throw her lifeless body into the river afterwards.”

“Stop to worry dad this way, Drav!” demands Crix, who carries a tray with three coffee mugs. “It is just a trip to Lake Sah'ot.”

78. Tree
    All air is pressed out of your lungs in an instant. But your eyes are not playing tricks on you. This is indeed a real Firethorn tree.

Your new neighbour is somewhat flustered about your discovery. “A very eccentric friend of mine pushed that poor tree on me,” she prompts. “I am to trim it only once a year.”

This tree could buy her the entire village, leave alone the entire planet of Lothal.

“Six-hundred years in a plant pot can be an awfully long time,” Nagina says, her honesty unmistakable. “Do you think that he would make it outside?”

79. Earth
    Lor San Tekka,” you say truthfully, not willing to give the woman in front of you a false identity. “I believe that we are neighbours.”

“Nagina Samye,” she introduces herself.

With her right hand extended, she steps forwards. You take it immediately, surprised how soft her skin is.

Having her stand so close in front of you, you make another observation. She smells of fresh earth and flowers.

Your knees are on the brink to give in. “I believe that you moved in three days prior to me,” you state quickly, making your grip firmer.

She has to stay on.

80. Horizon
    A honey moon at one of Corellia's Golden Beaches should be a romantic affair. But there is a constant shadow, a third person. You have to admit though that 'Steve' is very discrete and barely gets in the way. Right now he stands at the beach and gazes towards the horizon.

And your wife, who just left the bedroom to get some fresh air, looks at him.

After all he did to her and even failed to do Nagina still loves her uncle. And for this you love her even more.

You climb up to her and embrace her gently.

"The WHO is Who":
    76. = Sheev Palpatine on Naboo (at the beginning of 19 BBY)
    77.= Chetan Anil on Chandrila (19 BBY just weeks after Palpatine's rise to power)
    79. = Old Jho on Lothal (19 BBY just days after Palpatine's rise to power)
    78.= Lor San Tekka, also on Lothal (19 BBY just days after Palpatine's rise to power)
    80. = Barin Samye on Corellia (30 BBY)

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super use of the prompts showing emotionally rich encounters.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see your characters again

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  7. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Another set of very tense and emotional scenes you create here, very nice.

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Very cool! I like how these drabbles echo your other works. Nagina is a wonderful character, and I really like how she connects all these others together.

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan:Me, too. One idea after the next. But little time at present since I am back from Austria and working with the wee ones (1 year up to 3 years of age.)

DarthUncle:Thanks, husband. For that comment I get you a bowl of ice cream with berries for you!

divapilot: Sometimes people connect us all... like Carrie Fisher for example. Thanks for commenting! Here is the new set of drabbles, everybody. Including Kahara & WarmNyota_SweetAyesha:

"Twists in sobriety", drabbles 17:

Week XVII

81. History
    = To enter your master's bedroom is an act of boldness, you are aware of that. But there is urgent news from the front lines.

Fascinated you come to a stop in front of his expensive Alderaanian relaxa-bed. A middle aged woman lies on it, reading. “Count Dooku,” she prompts and, with shivering hands, she puts her lecture aside.

You crook your head to read the title. It says: 'Secrets from the Dark Side'.

As you surge forward for her you stumble over another book. After you hit the ground, you see that you deal with a volume on Sith history.

82. Write
    Nagina promised to write to you, but her letters never reached you in prison. But in one way or another she always keeps her word.

Still dizzy from the bacta treatment you walk towards her on wobbly legs.

“No touching,” one of the guards says and steps between the two of you.

“Are you serious?” Nagina says with all the sternness a kindergarten teacher is capable of.

The trooper jerks back.

“Orson, please have the handcuffs removed from my foster brother.”

The man in white rolls his eyes. “Ina!”

You grin.

The Krennic boy from next door. This is rich!

83. Archive
    You press the handkerchief of your fiancé against your chest. The Jedi archive got corrupted since your last visit. There is no mistake about it.

It pains you to witness the unbelievable greed of Sheev Palpatine.

“If you are looking for Master Nu,” a voice from the shadows says, “Darth Vader killed her, Lor San Tekka.”

You walk backwards and straight into one of the book shelves.

“Monsters are true, little Jedha home boy! Your lover Nagina should have told you. But she is hopelessly brave.”

“Who are you?” you demand to know.

“The Grand Inquisitor.”

“Are you a Sith?”

84. Artifact
    It would not surprise me to find most of the missing Jedi goods in Nagina's home on Lothal.”

Sheev does not even bother to turn his office chair around. Instead you can hear him drinking his tea as loud as possible.

“You taught her how to recognize a Sith artifact.”

At that your friend spins around. “And how would my niece do that, Sate? Has she cloned herself to be in many places at the same time?”

“Perhaps she...”

“Just shut up and let me enjoy my cheese cake! I need no more conspiracy theories. Leave her alone, would you!”

85. Memory
    Inside your new home on Tatooine you hold on to the Flimsiplast sheet. It made a long, complicated journey towards you. You believe the writer to be as dead as many of your friends and acquaintances on Coruscant. She might have turned into a bare memory by now, only important to those who loved her.

The warning that Sheev Palpatine is a Sith lord comes too late.

All is lost.

Even the Jedi order is no more.

Good persons like Dexter are at risk, too. It was one of his frequent diner guests who wrote those honest words to you.

The WHO is Who”:
    81. History = Count Dooku on Coruscant (20 BBY)
    82. Write
    = 'Bay', born as Baydo Chasdy, at the Wobani working camp (19 BBY)
    83. Archive
    = Lor San Tekka & the Grand Inquisitor on Coruscant (19 BBY)
    84. Artifact
    = Sheev Palpatine & Sate Pestage also on Coruscant (19 BBY)
    85. Memory
    = Obi-Wan Kenobi on Tatooine (19 BBY)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent range of events and emotions. =D=

AzureAngel2, DarthUncle and Kahara like this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great depth showing in this new set

12. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Oh, thought I already responded to this (online ...), anyway:

I need an appropriatly bizar, clone wars styled Dooku with a disney princess Nagina picture with this, to see if it matches my imagination. Make it so AzureAngel2!

In the slurpy sheev scetch, did you channel some of the lego Adventures of the Freemaker Emperor there? I like it.

And then you finish it up with an ironic, heart-breaking little scene.[face_beatup]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Beautiful and touching. You have a gift for dialogue! That last one, with Obi-Wan receiving a message that came too late, was heartbreaking.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: You saying this makes me proud!

earlybird-obi-wan: Writing slowly comes back to me after such an unbelievable tough time.

DarthUncle: I can try so this weekend if we are not to busy eating out or being at the fitness centre.

divapilot: If you like the little dialogues, you should see the words that Orson Krennic´s arrogance tickles out of people. Even out of little Mara with her jade eyes.

And I was very nervous writing Obi-Wan. It was "a first" for me.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Twists in sobriety”, drabbles 18:

Week XVIII

86. Air

You cannot smell the prairie of Lothal with its grasslands, savannahs, and shrub-lands. In order to breath properly you have to rely on an artificial life support system. The air that you get into your system is filtered.

You walk on, your cape wallowing behind you.

The HUD of your optical lenses supply you with a lot of data about your environment. Especially about the garden ahead. It should not be that green and lush.

Mistress Anil is not an Ithorian like her next-door-neighbour. So you suspect that the Force is strong with her. She gets more interesting each day.

87. Life

The Krennic boy, now grown into a dangerous man, throws a large shadow on the happiness of your foster sister. You cannot accept this. Nagina already has a complicated life due to her uncle, Sheev Aurelius Cosinga Palpatine. Now emperor.

You move a hand through your thick, red hair.

“It is time to contact Boba Fett,” your foster brother mumbles to you. “He seems to owe Nagina a life debt.”

“Gylif fho ihn gylif,” you breath. A life for a life.

“And why not, Crix?” Dravits gives to consider, usually favouring the most brutal solution.

“No, there is another way.”

88. Hair

You want to pull Ina out of your father's hospital-room by her hair. She should be enjoying herself with you instead of being with him. He is destined to be worm food anyway.

“Why do you always favour the underdog?” you hiss under your breath, pressing your fits against your temples.

You remember the hospital case file that Sheev Palpatine left for you on Scarif in his beach house. Confidential information on his beloved niece. Before you read it you were not even aware that a grown up man could do such things to a little girl. It horrified you.

89. Conviction

The minion in front of you, a pretty useful informant from the Coruscant underworld, finishes his report with a bow.

Your conviction is simple. A cheerful woman like Mistress Anil, kind to children and extremely funny to be with, deserves to live.

“Find out who exactly wants her dead.” You gaze at your perfectly manicured fingernails. “Get to this individual before she pays the prize.”

“He does not work alone, my prince.”

“Then kill them all.”

“We are talking about very powerful men here. They have money and means like you.”

“You will have my support. In every possible way.”

90. Sunshine

The sunshine burns in your eyes, but you smile at your new and much older friend anyway. “I wanted to see...,” you begin, but Aurra Sing is quicker than you.

“Keep your pocket money!” She does not even get up from the grass. “I will not have it.”

You swallow hard. “I could...”

She throws her rifle away. Before you know what is happening her ghost-like hands trap yours. “At present Krennic does her more good than harm. If that ever changes I will get to him. Not before. And certainly not because of you, Mara dear. Leave it be.”

The WHO is Who”:

86. Air = On Lothal Darth Vader senses something unusual in the Force (19 BBY).

87. Life = On Chandrila Crix Madine & his foster brother Dravits Draven have a tough discussion (19 BBY).

88. Hair = On Chandrila Orson Krennic fumes in front of a closed door (19 BBY).

89. Conviction = On Coruscant Prince Xizor meets an informant (19 BBY).

90. Sunshine = On Chandrila Mara wants Aurra to kill Orson (19 BBY).

DarthUncle and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent =D= Particularly 86, 88, & 90. Mara with Aurra Singh interesting indeed.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Actually, I did week 19, too!

Twists in sobriety”, drabbles 19:

Week XIX

91. Banter

There has always been some banter between the boys: Crix, Dravits and Berch. But you know they genuinely care for one another as much as they care for you. Even though you are not even human. But within the Anil household the only rules are love, fairness and honesty.

A shiver runs through your tchun-tchin.

You hope that their feelings for Nagina do not drive the three to commit foul murder. Krennic may be an complete brute, but he is a fellow Imperial officer of theirs. Besides, the Emperor made him your foster sister's guardian.

“Interesting times,” your boy-friend jokes.

92. Accuse

Sate is getting on your nerves. Today he did openly accuse Nagina of high treason. Even if this is the case, you do not want your niece to be tame. You always liked her ingenuity. She certainly knows how to play Dejarik. Perhaps she would even beat you at sabacc.

The spark of light she carries inside warms your cold, cold heart in ways you can hardly describe. Yet you sacrificed your relationship to her to your harsh Sith religion. There is no innocence between the two of you any more. She will do all to fight against your Empire.

93. Offend

What have I done to offend you all?” Orson asks you while you nurse his fingers at the kitchen table.

“If you don't know that,” you reply as firm as possible, “Then there is no hope for you.”

“Hope,” he fumes. “It is an overrated little thing. For me it died the day when I was told that Ina had a scholarship on Alder...”

“Stop it right there!” you clip out. “You are not eight years any more. Get a life! Your own preferably.”

He looks genuinely hurt. “I don't own her.”

“Don't you forget about that!” you advice him.

94. Compliment

You should make her a compliment right now, but sometimes silence is gold. Instead you let kisses rain on her skin, making her wiggle and giggle alike.

Then there comes a point, when you try out different things and she reacts to them equally well.

When she finally falls asleep with smile on her face, you shift into a different position and cradle her head in your lap.

Nagina will always be much bigger than you are, but you know you can be the man she needs you to be. You simply should ask her for her hand in marriage.

95. Confide

To confide in each other is essential for your relationship with Nagina. If you cannot trust the woman who was so brave to adopt you in the hot sands of Geonosis, then who else you can trust.

“No,” you let the messenger from Sate Pestage know. “I am not interested in the job.”

“It is a generous amount of money,” the man argues.

You could answer that you have your own set of rules. Could even knock him down. But instead you rise and leave the shady cantina.

On your way out Cad Bane gives you a nod of acknowledgement.

The WHO is Who”:
    91. Banter = Ahetnigac, a young woman originally from Clan Syndulla, is at a birthday party on Chandrila (19 BBY).
    92. Accuse = Sheev Palpatine on Coruscant (19 BBY).
    93. Offend = Gita Anil at a kitchen table in a rural area on Chandrila (19 BBY).
    94. Compliment = Barin Samye in a bedroom on Corellia (30 BBY).
    95. Confide = Boba Fett in a cantina on Tatooine (19 BBY).

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful!! Accuse & Compliment especially. "The spark of light" — a gorgeous description of so many in SW.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great sets again giving more insight in the relations of all your characters and the interaction with Nagina

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Beautiful sets, so creative! They are like little flashes of light shining on each character. I especially liked the interesting combination of Mara and Aurra in #90. The "who's who" footnotes at the bottom are really helpful, too - thank you!

=D=

21. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    I really like the juxtapostion of, for example, 87 vs. 88 - which you then continue into 91 versus 93, and then 86 versus 89 an 90; which continues with 95, which is connected to 92 that shares a theme with 94 - though they are about caring in a very different way.

ps. Are you sure Barin wants to be the 'men' Nagina needs him to be, seems a lot of work (not beyond her active spirit, I guess ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Scholarship on Alderaan?

Should I be worried?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for your kind, thoughtful answer. But being surrounded by snoring kindergarten kids & three equally tired colleagues, I can hardly concentrate.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am glad you noticed, dear bird.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I saw somebody else doing those foot notes & they were cool plus crystal clear. So I decided to go for those myself.