main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Mass Effect Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Sep 7, 2012.

1. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I've been playing Andromeda lately and it's just not doing it for me. I've just finished Eos; the premise and combat are good, but the writing and general design are weak.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Havarl will probably drive you nuts then.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  3. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    That's encouraging! I've taken a break from it, to return to Zelda's side quests.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Heh, not surprised.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  5. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Was it just me or are the Angara a really disappointing bunch? They look too similar to SW's Chagrians for starters, not to mention they have very little if anything new or interesting about them. Maybe the most forgettable race in Mass Effect IMO.

6. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    Mass Effect Andromeda is the game that I liked the most that I have played during this year, followed by Dishonored 2 and Prey.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  7. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    They are too anthropomorphic but like most of the aliens of ME, but it is simply not true that there is not something new or interesting in them:

1. They do photosynthesis.

2. They are of artificial origin.

3. Reincarnation occurs between them.

dragonsith13 and The Vanguard like this.
  8. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    [​IMG]
    I want this on a canvas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016

Still the best galaxy map theme ever made.

dragonsith13 and Kynirin like this.
  10. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
  11. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
  12. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    No surprise, not after all the bad news, long silence, EA being EA, etc., but still sad news though at least we finally get official confirmation. Its slightly reassuring to know they'll probably wrap up a certain loose end in a comic or novel or something (mentioning it by name in the article). That one seemed like an obvious DLC hook, but after the bad launch, not much chance of that anymore.

Andromeda fell far short of ME2 or 1 or even 3, but it had potential, as well as still plenty of unanswered questions, unfortunately. I'm sad ME is ending like this, it turned out worse than even Dragon Age 2, at least that game got some DLC, though these days single-player DLC isn't as profitable as microtransactions (and that's why MP is still getting updates, ugh, stupid MP). I was hoping DLC might redeem Andromeda a bit, ME2's and 3's DLC were good, but never mind that now.

I still haven't even finished the game, too many other great games this year to bother with this one. I'll get to it eventually, but even less point now. I wonder what (if anything) they'll have for N7 day. Between Anthem and Dragon Age, it'll be a long time until they get back to Mass Effect.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Such a disappointment. Man those first two games were great...

dragonsith13 likes this.
  14. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Damn. No more Andromeda games? I was really hoping for a rocking sequel. I'll still pay for the comics and novels, but I'm bummed they aren't going to flesh anything else out.

Mia Mesharad and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Kynirin

Dec 16, 2015
    Maybe the novels will touch on some of what the game leaves unresolved. That being said, at least Mike Gamble and Casey Hudson were tweeting that Mass Effect as a whole isn't over, so maybe they'll take that break to distance themselves for a bit and figure out what they want to do with the series now. I'd just really hope they continue on exploring and expanding Andromeda rather than go back to the Milky Way at this point. It's a good place to continue from, since we've just seen a small part of a brand new galaxy.

dragonsith13 and The Vanguard like this.
  16. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Glad to have found this thread... have not been in the gaming forums in a long time.

Currently on a Paragon ME3 play-through.

The Vanguard likes this.
  17. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Punch the Eclipse guard for me!

Edit: You know, the one from Thane's mission..

dragonsith13 likes this.
  18. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    That I do. I have not play Andromeda yet, I do have an Xbox 1. Just have not gotten around to it yet.

19. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    [​IMG]

20. Kynirin

Dec 16, 2015
    Talk about climbing the career ladder. :)

dragonsith13 likes this.
  21. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    EDI is the only reason not to choose the Destroy ending. I just like to think she's backed up on some hard drive somewhere.

LloydChristmas and dragonsith13 like this.
  22. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017

I hadn't heard about those tweets from Gamble and Hudson. That's good news, as I thought that Mass Effect games were over. For the next game (if we get one), I would like to see one of two possible scenarios. The game could continue the story of Ryder and learn from the mistakes of Andromeda. The second option is to explore the first contact war between Humans and Turians and the integration of humankind into the established galactic community. I believe that something like this was being considered, but was replaced by the concept of Andromeda following the results from focus groups.

23. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Mass Effect Andromeda is currently on sale on Xbox Live for $20 with Gold. Is this game worth $20? So many of the reviews I've read suggested that it's not worth the $60 retail price tag.

I waited for Arkham Knight to get down to like $10 on Xbox Live before I finally bought that--and that game isn't worth more than $10. Well, maybe that's a bit harsh. the version I got came with a bunch of bonus content (extra missions, costumes, etc). At $10, I don't have any buyer's remorse.

Same goes for my $15 XBL purchase of Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Still haven't finished that one either, but it's a decent game. My only criticism with that one is that it seemed like Ubisoft wanted a female lead but didn't want any fan blacklash, so they created Jacob as a "safe bet" alternative when Evie is clearly the more interesting character.

Anyway, at $20 ($25 for the Deluxe edition), do you guys think I'll suffer buyer's remorse over this? I'm of the camp that believes ME2 was quite possibly one of the best last-gen video games, and while ME3 was a bit disappointing for me, I wasn't up in arms over it.

24. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Well I'm about 2 hours in and I'm enjoying it. Maybe it's the nostalgia giving me an illusion of bliss, but the gameplay feels solid and the music is energetic and lively.

25. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    If you have been a fan since the first game, you will enjoy it. Its just not a very good game if you are new to the franchise.

Ezio Skywalker and dragonsith13 like this.