main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Halcyon-green, Celtic song challenge complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Sep 14, 2017.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Halcyon-green
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Legends: beyond 139 ABY with flashbacks to before and saga
    Characters: Nejaa Halcyon and family, Rostek Horn, Corran Horn, Steve Magaron, Kaagi Adin
    Genre: Celtic song challenge
    Summary: Steve remembers the Halcyon and Horn family during his recovery.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

This story is a sequel to the Flowers of evil
    Halcyon-green

The song is: To wear the green

Halcyon-green

Chapter 1
    The rising sun was highlighting the verdant greens of the hills that were gently sloping towards the coast where Noranan was situated. Inhabitants were waking up, others were ending their shift.
    Noranan General Hospital was as always a busy place. Doctors and nurses were readying their stuff. Teams were in ready-rooms changing into greens for the first procedures of the day. Breakfast was being prepared for the patients and loaded into carts.
    One of those carts was guided by a nurse towards the surgery-wing.

A door of a medium care room in the surgery-wing was decorated with a sign ‘Have fun when you enter here but don’t listen to the patients arguing to leave the loving care of nurses and doctors.’

Steve Magaron was in that room and awake after a dreamless night. He opened his eyes to see the green sheets and a guy who loved wearing greens sitting in a wheelchair next to his bed and preventing him from going elsewhere. The guy – Kaagi Adin – was there when his colleagues and friends were not scheduled for Magaron-sitting. A few days ago it had been Kerebuy-and Magaron-sitting. Mick Kerebuy was now released, being cared for by his brother Jim.

Steve knew how he had ended up here. The dreadful event was vivid in his mind when he closed his eyes again. ‘Come Jono, you should see this. Something is quite recent. It’s humanoid.’ Those words spoken on the com by Peter Sloan – on a test-flight of a new medevac – to Jono Bel Hana had made it a business for the Noranan police. With Jono I had taken an airspeeder to where the recent things were supposedly found. The diminishing of my powers and the darweed succulents made me suspicious, even more after landing and observing the erratic behaviour of Peter. That man ignored me, eyes glued on what was inside the Medevac. But Jono had seen it as an elaborate prank even more when he saw the famous reporter Carolin Mokovic. My danger-sense kicked in when the reporter – greeting Jono – moved with her left hand to Jono’s side. My warning cry became a painful cry when I was hit in the left calf. A sniper – Volca Virine – had made me her target. Jono came under the influence of the darweed-drug and followed the orders of Mokovic. I tried to arrest Mokovic, was hit in my left shoulder and when I tried to retrieve my blaster and fire at Mokovic the result was a broken right wrist when that sniper landed on me. When I was crawling to the deserted airspeeder Aradan Mirdees and Rihan Shellan – searching for the medevac – came to my aid. They called for help. But the authorities had been unable to prevent the escape of Mokovic and Virine. After a long stay in the IC I was in this room when Jono visited me the first time with a guilty look on his face. He was funny dressed in greens.’ He got a smile on his face “Hey funny green guy, when can I.”

“Greens are funny?” Kaagi interrupted Steve and continued to lead the inevitable discussion about hospital-release in another direction “green is the colour of the Corellian Jedi and I have known Nejaa Halcyon. You too! I had guided you out of the sedation and you were worried about having bad dreams. I helped you and you revealed some about an adventure where Nejaa saved you.”

“Yeah that was about the holocron-disaster. Rostek Horn saved me after I was shot in Hollowtown and brought me back to Coronet-city where a surgeon put me in the bacta-tank after the procedure to remove the two slugs. Nejaa was fast and could get me out of the bacta before more harm was done. Rostek was my student and he graduated after that event. He became the partner of Nejaa Halcyon. Nejaa! I made fun when he came into the office out of uniform. He was wearing those green robes telling us that he was going to help the Jedi on Coruscant. Nejaa loved to wear the greens…” Steve halted and closed his eyes blinking back tears. He remembered the last time that he saw those greens and what had happened to his friends.

“Steve, tell me!”

tbc

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That is so typically you to end this with a nasty cliffhanger! But well, I will be patient for this to continue. This week I was forced to stay at home, but from next week on I might be more busy again.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice recap of how Steve got in the medium care ward & now more reminiscing. Very therapeutic for him & entertaining for the readers.

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    A very intriguing setup here. Those Halcyon-green Jedi robes are clearly triggering a lot of memories for Steve, particularly in his still-weakened state; clearly Nejaa did something very important for Steve and his friends, and made the ultimate sacrifice in doing so. You really struck gold with this prompt, because I know those Corellian Jedi figure prominently in your oeuvre—and I'll be curious to see how things turn out both for Steve and for these two "wearers of the green" from different times in his life. [face_good_luck]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Cliffies yes[face_mischief]
    He will have a lot to tell
    Corellian Jedi and their friends will play an important part

Chapter 2

“I will,” Steve whispered. “I was at CorSec headquarters doing some paper-stuff after completing a case when I felt an intense pain coursing through my former student Rostek Horn. I saw his door opening and he spurted away with an anguished look on his face. I decided to visit him as soon as my shift ended. Rostek had a large two-story-house in the hill-district. With Nejaa away Rostek had taken Scerra and Valin in his house. When I guided my speeder towards the circle where nine other houses – one of them was from the Halcyon-family – were scattered I could see three speeders at the parking. Two of them were known to me and I was soon to find out that the third speeder belonged to Yoran Kaloar, the father of Nyche. She was the great friend of Valin and she was there in the living-room. Nyche and Yoran were comforting Valin and Scerra. Nejaa Halcyon was one with the Force. Rostek offered to take care of Valin and Scerra. And Valin had a teary smile when he guided me back to my speeder. He said ‘he knew to become one with the Force. He is still there to guide mom and me.’ Rostek took a week of leave. I went to visit him to discuss a case a few days later. Jedi-healer Hanjo Tavar and his wife Maariah were there. Hanjo had sensed the anguish of his family and had been ordered by Yoda to take the Millennium Falcon to Corellia to help Valin and his family. You know, Nyche is the daughter of Yoran Kaloar and Nynah Tavar.”

Kaagi nodded. He had worked often with Hanjo when he was doing his tour of duty at the Jedi-temple and had visited him and his wife regularly in Firwood on Corellia. He had seen Nynah growing up.

Steve continued “Valin was playing in the garden with Nyche and Scerra was in the kitchen making one of her famous brikufruit-pies. Maariah and Hanjo were helping her. How I would like to have one nice brikufruit-pie. The restaurant here has them. Get me in a…”

“Wheelchair,” Kaagi interrupted. “No Steve, I have another idea.” He pushed a button on the alarm-unit next to Steve’s left hand. “Now you can tell me all about the brikufruit-pie and your discussion with Rostek when we are waiting for a nurse. She will get us a brikufruit-pie. And I have to feed you.”

Steve moved his right arm upwards to see the splint and felt with his left hand the alarm-unit. “Yeah I will continue. I had gathered some information about the death of Nejaa from Rostek when he went to the front-door. Caamasi Jedi knight Ylenic It'kla was there with a box. I listened to their conversation and heard It’kla saying before he left ‘Please Rostek, keep these belonging safe for your charge young Valin. Hide them if you must.’ Rostek answered ‘I will. I have many places to hide things.’ And I knew. Rostek came back into the living-room with a chest. He opened and there I saw Nejaa Halcyon’s belongings. Rostek took each item carefully out of the chest. All items were sealed in clear plastine pouches. His green Jedi-robes were clearly laundered. Boots were clean, a blanket, a cloak… In the bottom of the chest was a compartment where thick foam padding had spaces for various items such as a first-aid kit and a comlink. His lightsaber was missing. In a rectangular slot were static holograms. Rostek and I viewed them. Some were about actions taken by Nejaa and It’kla. We placed the items back in the chest and were done when Scerra, followed by Nyche and Valin came in. She had the brikufruit-pie ready and…”

“Steve giving trouble again,” Lanika Guyet came in.

“No, not at all,” Kaagi answered barely suppressing a jaw but blinking with his eyes. “He is telling me about his stay on Corellia and loves to have a brikufruit-pie and for me it’s the same.”

“A good way to keep him from making escape-plans,” Lanika gave a wink with her left eye and continued to give Kaagi a good observation. “Your shift is about to end Mr. Adin. You look like you can have some sleep after helping him with a dreamless sleep. I will get the pies. You can eat it here but have to go home after that.”

“Speeding home,” Kaagi nodded.

Lanika shook her head.

“Kaagi is known for wheelchair races,” Steve grinned. “Yesterday he guided me after my therapy for my arms and legs back to the room and WOW.”

“We used Beesie to tow our wheelchairs at great speed,” Kaagi had a big smile on his face.

“I had to avoid you,” Lanika said. “Don’t blame your astromech for that. But today…” she halted and gave Kaagi a stern look “don’t make the corridor to the exit look like the Boonta eve podrace-circuit after you finish it. I will get Jason. He will come and he can help Steve with his pie. He is next on schedule for some Magaron-sitting.”

“No one asks me if I like that,” Steve muttered.

“Jason likes your stories,” Lanika smiled. “And he sure has some interesting things to tell about Corellia. He stayed there after joining the Spider-squadron.”

tbc

Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Jason likes your stories,” Lanika smiled. “And he sure has some interesting things to tell about Corellia. He stayed there after joining the Spider-squadron.”

There is the promise of more story telling ahead.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice recalling of past events and great to get the fruit pies. Lanika seems sweet and insists on the best care for her patient and colleague ;) Knows how to banter too. :)

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    There's nothing like a good fruit pie to whet the storytelling sense, and it's neat that Kaagi won't be the only "Magaron-sitter" who will get to hear this remarkable tale as it unfolds. Fun banter with the no-nonsense Lanika—and very mysterious indeed that Nejaa's lightsaber was the only thing not present among his remaining personal effects; I'll definitely file that away in my mind for later. [face_good_luck]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sure
    she is eager to help
    The Horns will play an important part in the story

Chapter 3

“Never heard about a creepy-crawly Spider-squadron when I was there on Corellia,” Steve shook his head. “Or was that there after I left Corellia?”

“Years after you left,” Lanika headed to the door. She had heard a well known sound. “But I will get the pies and Jason and you can ask him all about the squadrons. Spider-squadron was his third. His first was Blade-squadron and that served on the Hands-down where an infamous master sergeant…”

“Eech,” Kaagi made a face.

“What eech,” Steve saw Lanika leaving.

“You can ask Jason,” Kaagi replied.

“But you knew that master sergeant too?”

“Only from what Jason told me and that was disgusting.”

“There they are and they are delicious and not messed with,” Lanika came in only moments after she had left. “I found them on the breakfast-cart headed this way.” She handed a pie to Kaagi “now eat Mr. Adin, don’t remember that pie-story as told by Jason and head home. I will help Steve and Jason is coming.”

“I will,” Steve started but was silenced when Lanika gave him the first spoon full of pie.

Kaagi began to eat, savouring the delicious pie made by the famous hospital-cook Malik Aatifa and an idea was forming to keep Steve from dreaming the next night. The shooting had triggered a violent memory from the past. He had helped him coming out of the sedation in the IC, had told him about being on a ventilator to help his lung healing and had offered to help with dreams during the stay in the IC. The violent dream began immediately and he had to wake Steve. Steve had told him about the search for the holocron and getting shot. The short stay in the bacta-tank where he almost drowned, getting an allergic reaction scared him. Dunai and Dunai elder couldn’t come into contact with bacta at all. Nejaa Halcyon had rescued him. The dream was there every night. Kaagi, Marhin or Jim Kerebuy – until the release of Mick – had guided Steve in a pleasant dream. Sure the last dream about the wheelchair-race had been pleasant but Steve had to be weaned of a healer keeping him from dreaming about the bacta-disaster or the dark mayhem Palpatine and the Dorsetti holocron. He shivered involuntarily shaking with hands.

“Kaagi,” Lanika looked up. “You are very tired. Do you need assistance eating that?”

“Nn no,” Kaagi replied. “I was remembering Jason’s story about Blade-squadron, the Hands Down and the Talon Intelligence Squadron and their infamous master sergeant and cook Floreverus Bullwinkle. Maybe that’s the solution to give Steve a dreamless night. I will put medicine in the pie.”

Steve swallowed the piece of pie and grumbled “don’t mess with my birthday-pie tomorrow!”

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delicious pie and a fine solution to lead to a dreamless night

11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    A spoonful of pie makes the medicine go down—definitely one possible solution to the nightmares issue! Though this recurring nightmare can't be good for him in his current condition, and one's got to do what one's got to do to help him recover. And the name "Floreverus Bullwinkle" is just priceless. :D

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Despite darkness there is always time for some good home-cooked meals and friendship! A good read like usual!

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    for some time but[face_worried]
    "Bullwinkle" is a character used in the TIS squadron stories. And the nightmare; you will see.
    more in the next chapter

Chapter 4
    Birthday-pies had been messed with for Steve. His numerous jobs on Moniron had their pie-moments. They were benign. The moment he had joined CorSec and told them about his birthday, the guys had come up with ‘nice’ concoctions. He saw another piece being guided towards his mouth when he heard footsteps.

“Your not to be messed with birthday-pie will be served in the morning,” Jason came in. “Lanika paged me and here I am your Magaron-sitter. I love brikufruit-pies.” He turned towards Kaagi who was now shovelling the pie in his mouth. “Ah I see; Mr Adin doesn’t want to share.”

Steve smiled. He didn’t have to share his pie.

“I will get you one,” Lanika gave Steve the last piece. “You have a morning of nice stories ahead of you and…”

“I like to hear about your stay in the squadrons,” Steve was munching on the last piece of his brikufruit-pie. “And what was disgusting about Floreverus Bullwinkle.”

“It is a long story but you will like it,” Jason sat down after kissing Lanika. “It began with Jeffrey Harmon and me repairing an X-wing. I had been injured during a rescue-mission in Ifaan national park and was quite unsure about my recovery. Jeffrey and wrecked X-wing with a very persuasive astromech to the rescue and there I was with ideas to explore the galaxy.”

“An astromech like that,” Steve saw Kaagi being towed to the door by his astromech Beesie and Lanika leaving with the empty plates.

“Iffy has his quirks too,” Jason grinned. “With Iffy I left Lingala in the X-wing. Iffy – no command from me at all – reverted into real space after a short trip in hyperspace. We were in the middle of an exercise of Blade squadron. Some nice demonstrations and there I was the rookie of Blade squadron.”

“With rookie pranks I presume.”

“Sure lots of them and one played by notorious prankster Sean Crico had it turning on him. He had doctored porridge for me but it misfired when he ate it. Before starting our simulator run he had vomited almost all of his porridge. I helped him settle in a bed in the medbay and went searching for the kitchen to make him something nice.”

“Ah the source for the medicated pie,” Steve made a face.

“I did make a pie with some sedative mixed in the ingredients and was selecting a knife when Master sergeant Floreverus Bullwinkle had his dirty index-finger in the middle of the pie, taking large samples from it. He had strange markings on his uniform. As I was cutting the soiled parts away the man collapsed to the floor. Another officer with the same markings entered. I apologized rather shy for the mess. The officer introduced himself as Qui-Sein Delph from Talon Intelligence Squadron and was able to convince me that I did nothing wrong. He even wanted to know how I floored the Sarge.”

“That wasn’t your last meeting I presume.”

“No, I wanted to make up for what I had been doing to him and sent him one of my recipes for nerfburgers. Bullwinkle put lots of grease in them and flipped them pancake-wise. I heard a lot of complaining from members from another squadron when I neared his galley. Greasy nerfburgers were stuck to the ceiling and sliding down the wall. He told me that the recipe lacked something.”

“Grease,” Steve laughed.

“Yes and the next sample of Bullwinkle-concoctions had me ill and warning the commander of the Talons. I gave him some pills to fight the fossilized beans used by the Sarge to make the sausages and the sickly green soup. Green, my next squadron wasn’t that interesting but the last one,” Jason paused when he saw Lanika coming in with a brikufruit-pie and a breakfast-tray. “I will tell you after eating that and helping you with your breakfast.”

tbc

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great stories & love the mention of droids with personalities and happy there is no pie-sharing. ;)

15. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Anecdotes about messed-with food are always much funnier in the retelling than when they actually happened, aren't they! That Master Sgt. Bullwinkle seems to have had a real, um, talent for such things, didn't he! :eek: [face_laugh] I hope Steve's doctored pie will not cause such reactions in him. It's nice to know that there's the prospect of undoctored pie next morning, in celebration of his birthday. (Still, kind of a bummer that he'll have to spend his birthday in the medbay! :( )

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    no one wants to share a doctored pie
    undoctored pie yes, that's for his birthday and maybe more fun but first the next chapter

Chapter 5
    Steve was all smiles when he savoured the porridge. It was just as his mother had made and had been appreciated by the Halcyon family too. ‘Jason is thinking about something green. Green, it’s the colour of the Corellian Jedi. I wonder what Jason has to do with green.’

Jason had finished his pie and was guiding a glass with a drinking-straw to Steve’s mouth when he began to laugh loudly.

“What’s so funny?” Steve saw the glass being put back on the tray. “It’s only milk.”

“It’s the straw,” Jason reached for the glass. “I had joined a new squadron that was formed on Corellia and had met Rogue-squadron on my way to Corellia. Rogue squadron provided me with straws with a climbing Ewok in them. And that started the fun when I was giving the new pilots their medical exam. Two pilots in particular; Kehviin Beltaiiihne and his colleague Rohbb Spaniwwsh – both are Varankonin and told me to just call them Kevin and Rob because almost no one could get their names good – came up with numerous pranks involving those straws. Spanish pranks became famous on the Strike cruiser Taranak. Captain Kalra appreciated the fun too. Rob and Kevin stuffed a uniform with pots and pans and called for an emergency. I came and the treating of the patient ended in a suds-fight. We used that idea for a ‘patient’ in more pranks. One target was Corran Horn.”

“You have met Corran Horn?” Steve took a sip from the straw.

“The first meeting was in Coronet city on Treasure ship row,” Jason replied. “We were celebrating the birthday of our commander Marlene Sandor. I saw a grieving man, dressed in green Jedi-robes and tried to comfort him. ‘I am Corran Horn the slayer of Ithor’ was what he said. He told me about Ithor and the fight against Shedao Shai. He was shunned by almost everyone. I felt for him, listened and saw the ghost of a smile returning to his face when I said that Corellians never quit.”

“They don’t,” Steve said. “Corran came back to fight against the Yuuzhan Vong. I received coded messages from Rostek Horn about the war with many lives lost.”

“We lost Marlene,” Jason mused. “Rob became our commander. I could save him when we were on a mission to the Dimmjel-cluster. Intel had found in an asteroid an abandoned base dating back to the clone-wars with Vulture-droids. Rob and I had to activate the droids to form a distraction for a Jedi strike force going after a voxyn cloning facility on Myrkr. The Vultures had to head to the Dimmjel primary. Scorpion and Spider-squadron were to wait for us and for the inevitable arrival of the Vong when we activated the droids. We did and were headed back to our X-wings when attacking Rock-spitters caused an avalanche of rocks burying Rob. I could dig him out. He had two broken arms.”

“And he was just as useless as I am now.” Steve moved his right arm.

“He couldn’t pilot his X-wing, so I carried him to his X-wing, put him inside and ordered his astromech to slave to Iffy. With coralskippers attacking us as soon as we left the asteroid I used the emergency jump to put us somewhere in free space. We had to get to a populated planet as soon as possible with Rob consuming his air rapidly. I was glad when I saw on my scope the transponder of a republic civilian line headed to Pangona and listened to the transmissions between liner and control. Shields at maximum and deploy tractor-beams meant we were in dire straits. It became a rock-race for us and the civilian liner, the first of nine ships carrying refugees. I managed to land both X-wings and was greeted by an ambulance crew. Ambulance, hospital and equipment were antiquated or destroyed by a recent flash flood caused by those rocks. A tent-city surrounded the one-store hospital building with two ER-rooms and one functioning OT and IC. All I met were nice people deserving better and I contacted our captain on the Taranak. We helped Pangona with the rock-problem and built a new hospital with equipment from an old stardestroyer. When we were done the Vong were gone.”

“How did you get back to the Taranak?”

“Jediknight Dorne Runia – a great friend of our captain – came up with a plan. It involved rather old fitting horribly uniforms from that stardestroyer dating back to the clone-wars and a meeting with Runia in an asteroid. She gave us orders. We boarded a civilian liner captained by a Bothan who hated droids and had stupid rules for the dining room. We were barred from that room because we refused to wear the uniforms and came up with a plan. It was fun. We stuffed the uniforms and a Ewok-doll in a flight-suit and had our emergency with the Bothan going nuts and ordering us to leave at the next stop being Coruscant.”

“Where you joined the Taranak,” Steve smiled. “And tell me, when did you meet Corran Horn again?”

tbc

Findswoman likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveting adventures and fun pranks. =D= Corellians are undaunted. [face_love]

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, what fun! And inspiring, too. I love how the pilots in Jason's stories never let the hardships and tribulations of the Yuuzhan Vong era kill their sense of fun and humor. And I bet that even the grieving Corran had at least a little bit of a glint in his eye when walked up saying "I am Corran Horn the slayer of Ithor"—kind of a characteristically Corellian moment of self-deprecating humor there. :) It's wonderful that Jason had the opportunity to meet him and even to give him some much-needed encouragement. Looking forward to hearing more of Jason's experiences with one of the best known "wearers of the green." [face_good_luck]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More fun to come
    I love how Corran is in all the stories. The next meeting is fun.

Chapter 6

“We were with six of us leaving the Taranak for some much needed R and R fun when we saw that the Errant Venture was parked in a synchronous orbit around a red dwarf. Rob Spanish was doubled over with laughter when he and mostly Kevin told us about their first meeting with Corran Horn,” Jason began to smile. “I was doing some ‘paper-work’ when a green figure flashed by with a struggling grey one being Rob. Horn had seen him ordering ale in a bar in Treasure Ship Row saw him as an underage rookie pilot and went all CorSec with him transporting him to the brig.”

“Following the CorSec rules,” Steve grinned. “No booze for younglings was one of the most important rules for me too.”

“Kevin got him out,” Jason continued. “And the next day I had to listen to them about that seedy district and the ale served or not. Rob of course wanted his revenge on Corran and that had us headed to the Errant Venture. We boarded that big red stardestroyer and landed our X-wings with military precision on the assigned deck. We took a maglev-transport to the entertainment area. I recognised Horn immediately. He was in a winning mood at the Sabaac table. Issa Dakin tried to join the game and was told by Corran to wait. A waitress invited us to play Dejaric. We ordered Mujaa juice in cans and each of us planned little visits to get the empty cans where we needed them. There we waited until Corran appeared. He was alerted by a techie who had found a man down with a large bloody stain. Corran bent down and took a gloved hand in his hand. And that had Rob remarking ‘he is dead Corran’ and Kevin chiming in ‘Jason you stuffed him with too much Mujaa juice.’ Corran – glove glued to his hand – turned to me and I bolted away. The chase was on. I could evade him and ended up near my X-wing where I fell asleep.” He halted when he saw the door opening to reveal his father.

“Telling about your pranks,” Alan Guyet came into the room.

“He is and it’s very funny,” Steve laughed.

“I was telling about Corran and the prank we played on Corran Horn while visiting the Errant Venture,” Jason said. “At our departure the next day we met Mirax and her children Valin and Jysella.”

“Valin,” Alan said “I have heard that name when Nejaa Halcyon was on New Holstice. I was visiting one of my patients in the medium care-ward when I saw the Jedi-knight with his green cloak. I had only seen brown and beige Jedi-knights and the green was unusual. Nejaa must have observed my surprise because he approached me and began to tell about the Corellian Jedi. And the child I was treating had Nejaa giving a soft sigh and telling me about his son Valin and the injured clone-soldiers he had brought to New Holstice. The escort by Hospital squadron was appreciated.”

“Hospital squadron,” Steve grinned. “That’s more stories I presume.”

“Enough to keep you entertained until Kaagi comes with his sleepy pie,” Alan sat down. “I am your next Magaron-sitter.”

tbc

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Very clever prank & I'm sure eventually Corran saw the humor in it. ;)

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Missed three updates while being busy with the new job most of the time and lots of RL responsibilities in the evenings & weekends.

Your pie update made me hungry.

That Coran Horn update was fun.

And the latest update makes me wonder what nice surprises you still hold at stock for us.

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, that is some prank—I am guessing mujaa juice is... very red in color! :eek: But knowing the sense of humor that Corran has, he definitely will see the humor in it someday, as Nyota says. In Kevin and Jason's line of work, though, dealing with life-and-death situations on a constant basis, a sense of humor is pretty much a necessity, and pranks like these are a much-needed way to lift the spirits, even if they do occasionally cause minor apprehension in Corellian Jedi. :p I'll look forward to seeing what kind of fun stories about "green wearers" that Alan will tell during his Magaron-sitting shift! [face_good_luck]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He did
    more and some very surprising ones
    He did meet Nejaa and more Jedi

Chapter 7
    “It’s your day off,” Jason remarked. “Why did you come here?”

“I was running along the beach and going back when I saw Kaagi arriving at his home,” Alan said. “Kaagi was looking very tired but he had a big smile on his face and I asked him about it. He told me all about your scary dreams and having now a solution to keep you from dreaming.”

“Yeah a doctored pie to sedate me,” Steve grumbled. “I don’t know why they came now. I have been injured before and even stayed in this hospital more times than I can count on my fingers. You all treated me. I have to cope with those dreams.”

“Maybe the darrin-valley was responsible,” Jason said. “Dark forces linger there. And we don’t know what those women are planning with the darweed. Forces can shift in the galaxy. We are all here to help you.”

“And keep you here in your room,” Alan smiled. “I have heard the stories from the nurses about the famous escape-plans made by Kerebuy, Sloan and you.” He got a thoughtful look on his face “escape yes, they did that from New Holstice when the clones turned on the Jedi. I will tell you all about Hospital squadron.”

“But first he has to come with me for some therapy. I have taken over from Kaagi.”

“Hey the Finn is in for some fun or not,” Steve observed the newcomer wheeling into the room in a wheelchair, followed by a tow-droid with a wheelchair. Kaagi had been the only one to give him therapy but he knew that Finn was a therapist too and an orthopedic surgeon.

“Yes,” Jadin Finn came to the bed. “Kaagi will be sleeping and you” he turned to Jason “have some scheduled procedures to discuss with your staff. I saw Alan arriving when I was looking at the schedule-board for procedures and followed him when I saw your name on the Magaron-sitting schedule. Steve is now first on my therapy-schedule.”

“You knew where I was,” Jason stood up. “Time flies when you are having fun with stories to tell. Let’s get him to your therapy-room. Alan will be here when Jadin brings you back.”

“He can get an earlybird lunch at the restaurant,” Jadin said. “He has to feed Steve after I bring him back.”

“Great idea,” Alan helped his son to get Steve out of bed and in the wheelchair. “And Jadin,” he winked with his left eye “don’t reveal anything about Hospital squadron. I like to tell my story with him not knowing the nice details.”

“I will have him too busy to ask anything,” Jadin waited for the droid to secure the wheelchair with Steve before heading out of the room.

Steve saw the familiar corridors leading to the treatment-rooms and passing the one to the reception. One of his escape-plans had ended there when Jim Kerebuy – guiding his brother Mick and him – had been called away for an emergency. Sitting in their wheelchairs they had waited for Jim to return. Karoun Aatifa – beginning his receptionist-duty – had seen them and had called a nurse. ‘Magaron and Kerebuy are at it again’ were Aatifa’s words when he instructed the nurse to guide the two back. ‘Aatifa spoiled again our plans. He is my notorious guardian.’

“Treatment-room nine is our destination.”

“As in room number nine,” Steve began to smile. “I have heard a story from Kaagi about that room in the Jedi-temple.”

“I used to call it the Jinn-Kenobi room,” Jadin grinned. “They were our most frequent visitors in that room and also notorious escape-artists, celebrating their escape in one of the temple-restaurants. Kaagi didn’t tell you about that I suppose?”

“No but I will ask him,” Steve’s eyebrows crawled up. ‘Jinn-Kenobi? Finn knowing about the Jedi-temple?’

“No escape Steve,” Jadin wheeled through the opening door with a large ‘nine’ on it. “I know what you are thinking.”

“You are a Jedi like Kaagi?” Steve was lifted by a droid onto a treatment-table.

“Yes,” Jadin replied. “I will begin and tell you about my days as a Jedi. I was the sole survivor of a crash.”

“Ouch,” Steve grumbled when he felt the protesting muscles in his left shoulder.

“Ouch for me too,” Jadin said and began to tell about the loss of his parents and being found by master Glinis Ra-Ond and padawan Adin on Eljajon until he saw eyes drifting shut. He finished the therapy and guided Steve back to his room.

“Sleepy Finn,” Alan was placing a tray on the bed-stand. He waited for Jadin and the droid to settle Steve back in his bed before he asked “you didn’t tell him about Hospital squadron?”

“No,” Jadin answered. “I began with tales about my youth and used my skills to soothe the pain. He fell asleep when I was telling about my padawan-days. You can tell him about the squadron and my pranks on the commander after he wakes up.”

tbc

Findswoman likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jadin has entertaining stories to relate too. Amused to read about the escape attempts

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, in his new care room Steve will definitely be following in a long and illustrious line of storied escape artists—one of them being him, and given the spirit and pep he’s shown even during his illness, I half expect him to try something in the next chapter! Though definitely not a bad thing for him to get some rest first, thanks to Jadin’s storytelling. I’ll be curious to hear Alan’s Hospital Squadron stories, because I bet they’re not far behind either! :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.