main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    In the future, would it be plausible to be able to change in the very early stage of a foetus' life, the X chromosome (female) to an Y chromosome (male) thanks to genetic engeneering?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    If you can insert the SRY gene onto an X chromosome you can have a person with two X chromosomes but is pnenotypically male. This happens in real life during recombination during meiosis. The opposite can also happen where you have an XY person, but they are missing the SRY gene and therefore they appear female. Or you can have an XY person with androgen insensitivity and therefore appears female. So I guess the answer is it may be possible since it happens naturally.

Lady_Misty, AzureAngel2 and yahiko like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you, jcgoble3, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Cowgirl Jedi 1701 (mmmm...hot chocolate!) and Mistress_Renata.

I am going to two lectures today (Monday) and tomorrow - one is the usual WordPress Belgrade Meetup, the other is about the steps needed to starting one's own business. I'm probably fixing one of our favourite dishes tomorrow, too, making some progress on finishing the portfolio, post a news to my fansite, write a new post on my personal blog, as well as the the second column for the magazine...

...and hopefully catch up on reviews or at least overdue replies to reviews on here as well. [face_blush]

I might, just might, meet a friend I made through the mental health forum at an exhibition of prison inmates' art, that we both want to go to. Let's hope that her job allows her to take a train to Belgrade, because she's from a nearby small town.

Borderline personality disorder and major depression - take that. I'm kicking your sorry asses! :luke:

4. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm also working on my new author blog. Wordpress is still not my area of expertise, but I'm learning...

Ewok Poet, AzureAngel2 and Gamiel like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    yahiko, shout if you need help, I am (supposed to be) making my bread using WordPress*.

* Yes, camel case. ;)

AzureAngel2 and yahiko like this.
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    It's Monday. Here's for those who have trouble beginning the week.

[​IMG]

Gemma, Tarsier, Lady_Misty and 7 others like this.
  7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    That mouse looks distinctly worried! As well it might!

Lady_Misty, AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016

You do that, EP! I'm rooting for you all the way!

And as prize/encouragement, here is a poem.

Whether Ewok ode
    Or Ewok haiku, Ewok
    Poems what you do

Though seems right now that
    I'm the one writing Ewok
    Poetry for you

Making a haiku rhyme is hard!

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    That does not look like good training for a mouser!

Gemma, Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I regret to tell you that my dad had two heart attacks last night and he did not survive the last one. He was still in the intensive care unit, in which he spend the last 25 days.

@};-

I do not know when I can be online again the next weeks! But thanks for all the kind well wishes and good thoughts. You are all very good and kind.

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. @};-

12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Oh Azure! I am so sorry.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Sorry to hear @};-

Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I am very sorry to hear that. I am very sorry for your loss. If you need someone to speak to or vent at, I am here, and I'm sure there are countless people around here willing to be here for you as well.

15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks everybody.

I did this Disney-SW crossover last night, not knowing that he was fighting with his life:

[​IMG]

I have my work at present, with more colleagues on sick-leave.

And today many friends called.

I get free for the funeral and I hope I can also get my four old vacation days that I was to take into 2018.

Gemma, Findswoman , Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    AzureAngel2 - very sorry to hear of your loss. You know that you can talk here, either by PM or this thread, if you need to.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh AzureAngel2 @};- [:D] We'll be here whenever you are ready to grace us with your talent again.

18. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    AzureAngel2 I'm sorry for your loss. Please take all the time away you need and I hope you find healing in time as well. You have a great network of support here, and I hope your artwork and writing will help you get through.

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Azure, that was a "Like" of sympathy. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I am sad that your dad suffered so much. :( Hope you will manage to cope.

And that's a beautiful drawing, love the red creature in the front. Who is that?

20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh, AzureAngel2, so sorry to hear of your loss! My deepest condolences to you & DarthUncle! Take all the time you need, and I hope that your artwork gives you an outlet to help you get through this. @};-

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Very sorry to hear of your loss, AzureAngel2. May his memory be a bright light. @};-

Ewok Poet, I think the little red fellow is Anger from Disney/Pixar's Inside Out—the blue gal is Sadness, and I'm not sure about the other two.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, AzureAngel2. @};- I'm glad you talked to some friends and you get time off from work.

Your picture is beautiful, Inside Out is one of my favorite Pixar movies.

The green lady is disgust and the other guy is fear.

23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks for the explanation, both of you. Guess I'll have to see the film at some point now. :)

I totally messed up my sleep schedule, so I am now writing for my blogs, for the magazine, writing and reviewing fics, preparing dough for the Bavarian pretzels and I ACTUALLY NEED A LIST IN ORDER NOT TO FORGET STUFF. Kahara and Mistress_Renata - happy? :p

How couldn't my kriffin' idiot pdoc initially understand that this is hyperactivity and NOT mania is still beyond me. Manic people have no control over their thoughts, I do.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

One fan of Solo
    Makes me happy
    With her haikus

I was cautious at first
    But now I adore her,
    And this doesn't rhyme.

[face_love][face_love][face_love]

Also, forgot to respond to WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - YES, CHOCOLATE! Milka Bubbly White of Nestle Crunch for me. :D

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't know why the poems
    I write for you
    Often turn out
    To be haiku
    But for some reason
    That's what they do
    And it looks like this one
    Is not a haiku