main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I give you permission to steal from Vanguard.:p

Rules are simple, answer the question presented, and come up with one of your own and Tag someone (active) who you want to answer it.

BookExogorth likes this.
  2. Blade Of Kenobi

Blade Of Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    I would seek to find out their reasoning behind it. Then, I would seek the advice of a trusted Council member without going into too many specifics. If their teachings merely happened to be unorthodox, but still advanced the cause of the light side, I would follow along with them. If their teachings were of the dark side, I would report them to the Jedi Council. BookExogorth

Tython Awakening likes this.
  3. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    You need to ask a question now. See CJ's rules up there. It should be semi-related to jedi things. :p

Oh. I guess now I'll have to be careful what I tell you now. :p

Edit: Oops, forgot to tag. Blade Of Kenobi

4. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    D'oh! That's what happens when you browse too many threads at once. :p Let's see...

You can trust me, Master! You're not planning on going all dark side on me anytime soon are you? :p

Question: Someone you care about falls to the dark side. They are believed to be beyond redemption and are wreaking a path of death and destruction in their wake. You are ordered to stop them using deadly force. How would you handle that situation?

BookExogorth ConservativeJedi321

Iteote and Tython Awakening like this.
  5. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    OOC Comment: Blade Of Kenobi... See Mustafar lava duel at end of Revenge of the Sith........... That is a rhetorical question coming from a Kenobi if I have ever seen one?

OOC Comment BookExogorth Getting dark on us Padawans...

Blade Of Kenobi and BookExogorth like this.
  6. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017

When I read it fast my brain I pronounce it in a very swedish way: "Ee te u(spanish u) tæ".
    But mostly I pronounce it in the same way as you.

Sarge and BookExogorth like this.
  7. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Maybe, Ty. Just a question that I thought was applicable for our newer recruits.

Blade Of Kenobi
    A.) I would make every attempt to reason with them. I would try to make them see their evil. If they attacked me, I would incapacitate them as best as I could, and bring them to the council. If at all possible, I wouldn't kill them.

Q.) Your former Padawan has just taken a Padawan, and you are concerned with what they are teaching them. It is not just unorthodox, and you think it might harm your grand-Padawan ( :p). What do you do?

Tag: Anyone who has trained a Padawan to knighthood.

8. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    BookExogorth

Just don't pull a Lucien Draay on us. So scarrrryyyy..... [face_nail_biting] [face_nail_biting]

We enter this bond of Padawan and Master in trust of your wise guidance.

(From the Knights of the Old Republic Comic series: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucien_Draay)

I'm not listing IC or OOC based on feedback from Master Ananta Chetan

Blade Of Kenobi That would be if the masters decide to slaughter every Padawan to fulfill a prophecy. So dark........ I would have to change my screen name to Zayne Carrick.

BookExogorth likes this.
  9. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    I've read the first couple issues of that... wasn't it to avoid a prophecy? Those comics seemed pretty neat, though.

10. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Yes, it looks like the knights did it to avoid the prophecy of their own deaths. Prophecy can get a little funny. As a result of abusing the power of prophecy, they caused their own deaths by killing their Padawans to avoid their own deaths in the first place.

BookExogorth

Here is what I pulled up from Wookiepedia:

During the final trials of the group's Padawans, the WatchCircle encountered a vision of their deaths and what they believed to be the return of the Sith. The WatchCircle as a result struck their Padawans down during their Knighting ceremony, save for the late Zayne Carrick. The WatchCircle then framed the killings on Carrick, which resulted in a galaxy-wide chase for the supposed murderer.

BookExogorth likes this.
  11. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
  12. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    BookExogorth

Here is what I would do: First, I would stop right in the place where I was standing or sitting. While I'm stationary, I would question: Are my master's words "out of harmony" with what I would expect.

Next I would recite the Jedi Code to get a feeling if the teachings contradict the code:

There is no emotion, there is peace

Do my master's teachings contradict the mission of peace? Are emotions prevailing that reveal deeper motivations wrought on by the dark side? Could there be a dark sider attempting to act through my master?

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge

Is there an attempt in the teachings to champion ignorance, thereby making others subservient by "keeping them in the dark." Is my master using biased language with constructs that create disparities between sentient beings. Do the constructs match a pattern of behavior that seeks to enslave others?

There is no passion, there is serenity

Is my master acting in haste? Could a better outcome be reached through the virtue of patience?

There is no chaos, there is harmony

Are the teachings "out of harmony" and "out of sync" with the rest of the order? Would a historical Jedi figure decry the teachings as hypocritical?

There is no death, there is the Force

Do the teachings champion death as a virtue over the living force? Do the teachings appear nihilistic? Do the teaching favor apathy over action and resolve?

If I found a contradiction to the Jedi Code, I would bring the contradiction to my master and suggest that the teachings may contradict one of the tenants. Bringing a recent or historical example would be helpful. For example, the historical sacrifice of Master Belth Allusis at the Battle of Bothawui in which he and Republic troops laid down their lives for a valiant cause.

If a discussion ensued that still made me uneasy, I would petition to stand before Council with my master and enter into a discussion with the Grand Masters. Any remaining problems should be resolved through the Council.

In Revenge of the Sith, the Jedi Order came into crises shortly before Order 66. And as it turns out, the darkside was to blame with Darth Sidious acting in the shadows. The Council did not function properly.

Here is my question for anyone: At what age did you build your first lightsaber? Where did you build it?

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    OCC In Real life or here?

RL - 17 years ago........

Here - 16 years ago, it was purple then too......dark side purple.

14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

I actually have that entire series of comic books
    It fills up three omnibuses I keep in my bookcase back home.
    Good series, lots of twists and turns.;)

15. JediCebara

JediCebara Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 21, 2017
    Can people give me trophy points?

16. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    JediCebara
    First: Welcome to the JCF!
    Second: Trophy points are earned. You can see a full list in help.
    Third: This is a Jedi fan club. A better place for this would have been in the Q&A.

17. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017

John Jackson Miller is fantastic as a writer.

18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I stopped buying books as I ran out of room.............and my heart is in the EU Legends, the new books defy a lot of that so I can't bring myself to buy them and read them............so Santa is bringing them to my son Luke ;):p

19. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello all,

I hope you do not mind a Force-sensitive Mandalorian joining your ranks, although I come from a long line of Force users who walk between the Light and Dark.

20. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Welcome Kyber Acyk! We have at least one Mandalorian, and loving the Jedi/light side is really the only requirement. ConservativeJedi321?

For your first task, why do you wish to join the Jedi?

vncredleader likes this.
  21. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Speaking of Grey Jedi, there is a grey jedi fanclub that has not been used in like months. What happened to them?

22. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    Welcome aboard! There's always room for those seeking to advance the cause of the light side. Glad to have you with us! Kyber Acyk

23. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Well, the Force is strong in my family and I want to continue the legacy of my parents and forebearers.

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Glad you found your way here Kyber Acyk:)

If you desire to join our order it is encouraged you add your membership in it to your signature. Also add your rank (Initiate), and Current Force Points (0)
    Keep an eye out for tasks like the one Book gave you above, and by properly completing such tasks you can earn force points. I encourage you to be detailed and specific in your responses, as doing so will earn you more points.;)

When you get 25 points you will be assigned as someones Padawan learner, and the next phase of your training will begin then.

Ananta Chetan and BookExogorth like this.
  25. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Sorry I didn't respond yet.

Kyber Acyk
    Taking up a legacy and following the force are both admirable reasons, though I'd encourage you to think of what about the Jedi is appealing to you, specifically. Two force points for you.
    Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.