main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Things Costuming and Costume related! plus meetups!?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Sep 6, 2012.

1. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    How did you guess? .......lol

I have some minor adjustments on the "shape" so he can finally walk and have visible arms.

But, I have some new project I started working on before SWN that I'd like to have done by Christmas this year.

With any luck I should have the majority done by the end of summer....Except painting and electronics.

2. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Pouches shipped today!

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

3. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    The pouches have arrived! They are non-functional but are screen accurate. As my QGJ cosplay is a WIP, once funds allow I can get screen accurate AS WELL AS functional pouches. I purchased them from a gentleman on the RL forum.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

JediXXL likes this.
  4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Work in progress. Thoughts?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using a hacked pirate satellite in a decaying orbit

Mordenkainen44 and quigonschuel like this.
  5. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Mordenkainen44 and TFS like this.
  6. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    That's fantastic!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    The helmets are not mine, I was hoping to get some feedback for the person fabricating them.

I'm holding out for the Black Series helmet with the Bluetooth speakers myself...

8. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Quck and dirty costume... Cursed Brady Bunch Tiki necklace[​IMG][​IMG]

9. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

Just when you think you're out...they PULL you back in.

10. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    It's time to finish a few costumes...

11. Grog Zombie

Grog Zombie North Ridge Diplomat star 1

Apr 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

I stopped by Uncle Sam’s Army/Navy Surplus today. They had a few pairs of these boots in size 7 for $60.

TFS likes this.
  12. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Those are perfect for Rebel Pilot and Imperial Crewman.

13. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Congratulations to our latest Hawkbat: Dak Ryger
    [​IMG]

jwnikita, TFS and quigonschuel like this.
  14. jwnikita

jwnikita Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 25, 2016
    Pulled the trigger and ordered this today:
    http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imp...ng-pilot-officer-uniform-cosplay-costume.html

Found a thread on this costume in the IOC forums from a fellow who had asked about it in JRS but didn't get any responses. He had some tips for ordering, such as requesting a color change to olive, using their deluxe officer uniform pattern, specifying the width of the red stripes, and asking them to remove the crappy rank bar (which I think is a decal). He had pics in the thread of the uni and it looks really nice. Plus, he was approved in JRS so that's a plus. I used the custom sizing as I have ordered from them before for superhero costumes and had those ready to go. The other plus to this costume is that the boots are tanker boots and I don't have to worry about trying to find officer boots that are wide enough for my calves. (I was having to order size 14 to get the calf width which would be WAY too big for my feet) We'll see how this looks when it come in. The material is "uniform fabric" and I assume that is the same as their other officer unis and will be good for approval.

15. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    You can have the calves of the boots stretched. Mine were opened up 2 inches and fit great now.

jwnikita likes this.
  16. jwnikita

jwnikita Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 25, 2016
    With the style of the boots for the TIE pilots it shouldn’t be an issue since the top of the boot is adjustable with a strap. Looking at a pair on Soviet boots.com that I think will work

17. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    I am culling the collection, so to speak, and divesting parts for costumes that I will not be building. Specifically, parts for Tusken mask/helmet (full shell, leather parts, wrappings, resin greeblies, breather cartridge), JangoFett helmet kit (unassembled and still packaged), Hoth padded vest (XXL) & white goggles. I'll be posting these on the Rebel Legion and Kraytt Klan boards as appropriate, but thought I'd check to see if anyone in the North Ridge is interested first. If so, contact via PM (so as to not clog this thread)

18. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Lookie here... Congratulations Kevin!
    [​IMG]

72Princess1 likes this.
  19. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
  20. kafitz

kafitz Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2017
    Ok - I have tons of ideas for costumes, but I don’t want to reinvent the wheel (or recreate a character that has already been done). I could use any and all preferences for what might be missing from the group or ideas from the group as a whole so I know what direction to go in first.

Grog Zombie likes this.
  21. Grog Zombie

Apr 2, 2016
    What costumes are you interested in doing? I wouldn't worry too much about what we have already, if you love a particular character, go for it. Even if we have more than one of the same costume, not everyone goes to every event.

22. kafitz

kafitz Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2017
    I have some ideas for crossplay characters (like a crossplay Poe and crossplay Hux - especially Hux I love Domhnall Gleeson) as well as rebel pilot (of which I know there are a few already), and possibly an attempt at Phasma. I more want to ensure that what I want to do (like gender cross characters) is ok as a whole. I need to rewatch the movies to get more ideas for what I’d like to do, but at the moment I just watched the Last Jedi so that’s on my brain.

23. kafitz

kafitz Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2017
    I have some ideas for crossplay characters (like a crossplay Poe and crossplay Hux - especially Hux I love Domhnall Gleeson) as well as rebel pilot (of which I know there are a few already), and possibly an attempt at Phasma. I more want to ensure that what I want to do (like gender cross characters) is ok as a whole. I need to rewatch the movies to get more ideas for what I’d like to do, but at the moment I just watched the Last Jedi so that’s on my brain.

24. kafitz

kafitz Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2017

25. kafitz

kafitz Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2017

26. Grog Zombie

Apr 2, 2016
    I don't think we have anyone in the area working on Poe or Hux. Both would be great additions. We do have rebel pilots, but could always use more. Another option would be a resistance pilot. There were a lot of pilot type costumes in TLJ.