main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Be careful out there.

I hung around the spoiler forum too long. I should've pulled out days ago, like I intended. I got way too comfortable with how tightly sealed the spoilers were. There were a bunch of conflicting rumors going around, which I assumed were all garbage. But apparently they aren't all. I know more than I ever wanted to!

LordDallos, BigAl6ft6, B3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    My wife almost "pulled a Homer" leaving TFA...completely naively, might I add...no malice intended. I put my hand over her mouth and shushed her because I knew what she was about to say...we were actually laughing about that last night!

Ricardo Funes, TCF-1138 and jaqen like this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Already got my ticket and seat reservation so I can just head in. Plus it's a morning showing so I doubt it will be that crowded. Given the length of the showing I won't be getting any liquid refreshments beforehand. (Film alone is 2 1/2 hours plus another half hour for ads and trailers.) Luckily there are rest rooms right next to the screen my showing is in.

4. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Use ear buds

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  5. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    Yeah I backed off the spoiler forum. Never really got anything solid just bits and pieces. Now the real info will be coming in I assume, so here I am. I also have the google filer going!

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That sucks. I got out just in the nick of time. About a day or two before the premiere there was one spoiler being tossed around pretty matter of factly, with picture evidence to back it up. Fortunately it wasn't anything that hadn't already been speculated on and is something that wouldn't have surprised me very much to see in the movie had I not been privy to that spoiler ahead of time. But once I saw it, I knew immediately it was crunch time. And if I get too comfortable I'm going to soon come across something that I will regret. So I backed away almost entirely. After that, I only posted a few things the other night during the red carpet live stream in a thread that didn't really focus too much on plot or character specifics. But since then I've remained completely void of venturing into the Spoilers Allowed section. Haven't been on reddit or any major news site either, since even a title of an article or thread there can give away a spoiler if someone shamelessly wants to put it there in order to get traffic their way.

I learned from my mistake a couple of years ago during the build up to TFA. During the summer of 2015 I overheard two guys talking about a spoiler in a line I was in at a convention. I asked what they were talking about, thinking I was as in the know as anyone else and it wouldn't be anything I hadn't heard before. But no, it was the spoiler of all spoilers concerning that movie. I spent months after that trying to unlearn what I had learned, to no avail. And when the time came during my first viewing of TFA, I figured okay, here it comes. And I really feel like it took away from the impact of that scene. So since then I've been really keen on not assuming I anything and just staying clear of any potential spoilers. And to especially not ask around or go peeking in the Spoilers Allowed area.

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's not just the Spoiler Forums, I just read something in the TFA Forum that I hope isn't true. I'll be staying out of there for a while.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    WARNING: We are moving currently merging the TLJ and TFA forums. If you wish to stay unspoiled steer clear for the time being.

9. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up. Maybe a banner up top could let everyone else know.

10. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001

eeek its almost real!

BigAl6ft6 and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The forum now has a new name, making clear that it's for discussion of the released Sequel Trilogy movies. So once people have seen TLJ, they'll be able to post in that forum. Spoilers for Episode IX will not be allowed in there.

12. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Funny how time and physics work the week of a Star Wars release: I didn't realize two days equaled 2435456435623452453 years.

13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Right? Now that it's literally the day after freaking tomorrow, every hour is passing just SUPER slow. Too slow. I'm going nuts.

TheYodaPagoda and Ricardo Funes like this.
  14. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014
    I will be attendending the movie tomorrow and I am totally spoiler free, in fact I literally know NOTHING of the movie. :)

woj101, TheYodaPagoda and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Do you know enough to buy tickets for the right movie? :p

16. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I am not sure if I got this right, but it seems the title of the latest post for the new Sequel Trilogy forum is visible, which can present spoilers.

17. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Unfortunately, we are unable to change that setting.

EHT likes this.
  18. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014

I hope I made the booking correct. :)

Will be going together with my kids. We saw Episode 6 a few days ago and Episode 7 tonight - to get everyone up to date.

EHT likes this.
  19. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Is this merging of the forums going to make Spoiler thread titles pop up on the what's new screen as well? I don't normally even look at the home page and just go straight to the what's new page so I'm kinda nervous now.

Got a bookmark to head straight to this page for the next few days just in case.

BigAl6ft6 and CosmicDust like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    gak, I can't even go to Entertainment Websites now, all of the side stories are "star wars! Click herreeeee!!"

Was talking to someone on FB and said they read a non-spoiler review and I just shut that RIGHT DOWN

Martoto77 likes this.
  21. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Anything that follows "I saw TLJ.... " is a spoiler. Don't care if it's "....and had some popcorn".

Yep. Got someone in the saga threads talking about TLJ in the past tense yesterday. What a twit.

I don't understand the haste to place spoilery thread titlesfor TLJ alongside the existing TFA threads.

MotivateR5D4 and Sarge like this.
  22. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I got my godson Pablo Hidalgo's "Rogue One Visual Guide" last year for his birthday, and he absolutely loved it. I'm so paranoid about spoilers that I just asked Pablo on Twitter what similar book he thinks I should get my godson this year, and he of course suggested the Visual Dictionary. So that's what he'll get, the author himself recommended it!
    I suppose I'm thankful that work has me busy tomorrow, and I have Thursdays and Fridays off. I'm also seeing The Last Jedi on Thursday and Friday! Imagine that!
    I got an alert for the New York Times review of The Last Jedi. I read nothing but the headline...these next couple days need to go by QUICK!

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  23. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I read one massiver spoiler over on the box office discussion thread for TLJ. I think it was unnecessary to post it in there, but they did. Aside from that I know nothing of the story. Only got just over 12 hours to go and I'll be watching it. Can't wait. I've read quite a few spoiler free reviews and they all seem very positive about it.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Revyl Ren like this.
  24. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think I know the one you mean and, if so, that was my crunch time as well. I didn't even venture back in for the premier live stream. I hated that the European Premiere wasn't done on YouTube as Facebook & Twitter show comments and I couldn't find any way to view the stream without comments. Luckily it seemed to descend into some silly Harry Potter fan trying to troll rather than idiots actually spoiling anything but I still tried to cover the comments with my hand as best I could.

Stepmum just told me that an interviewer spoilt something on TV this morning whilst interviewing John Boyega (whose face was apparently "I can't believe you just said that"). No where is safe! Just have to avoid everything until you see the film.

MotivateR5D4 and CosmicDust like this.
  25. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I was reading a blog for GILMORE GIRLS and suddenly in the middle of a post the person started talking about TLJ. They're avoiding spoilers as well but -- LOL.

[​IMG]