main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber Suggestions

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Nubian-Jedi, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Nubian-Jedi

Nubian-Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2017
    Hi everyone!

I’m looking into making a Jedi (generic most likely) and I was curious about if anyone has suggestions for companies to commission sabers from. I was looking into doing a duel wield or possibly a duel bladed saber. I’m aware that it could be expensive, but I’m open to suggestions. Thanks!

MTFBWY
    Grace

2. jwnikita

jwnikita Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 25, 2016
    They have many many options to choose from and run anywhere from roughly $60 to several hundred depending on what options you select . Many of us in the NR have blades from here.​

quigonschuel likes this.
  3. Nubian-Jedi

Jun 4, 2017
    Is it necessary to buy the saber(s) in pieces and put it together? Or are there ones to purchase that you’d only need to take apart for storage?

4. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    You can buy them all together from Ultra Sabers. You said that you train with a bow staff, so you could do a double bladed saber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Nubian-Jedi

Jun 4, 2017
    Yeah, I also train in escrima staffs. Which are basically short staffs similar to bo.

Rock Nightshifter likes this.
  6. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
  7. Nubian-Jedi

Jun 4, 2017
    Thank you! I’ll definitely look into them.

8. Grog Zombie

Grog Zombie North Ridge Diplomat star 1

Apr 2, 2016
    The key is to decide what you want out of the saber. If you want it to be affordable, not 100% screen accurate and want to be able to do a bit of dueling then ultrasabers is a good choice. They sell double bladed sabers and even have a quick release connector if you want to be able to connect/separate them easily. We have one of those that we used for SW night. Let me know if you want to see it. I recommend not getting saber sound for costuming or dueling. It is much cheaper that way and less stuff to break. Plus the sound normally isn't loud enough for events. If you want something that looks awesome and has lots of sound/light effects then there are other companies. There is also the option of buying parts and making one yourself if you are interested in that. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/

9. Grog Zombie

Apr 2, 2016
    duplicate post.

10. jwnikita

jwnikita Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 25, 2016
    Ultra Sabers lets you pick your basics and they come assembled, all you need to do is attach the blade with the provided screw

11. Nubian-Jedi

Jun 4, 2017
    I would actually be interested in seeing it, if you don’t mind. Are you going to be at the meeting next week?

12. Grog Zombie

Apr 2, 2016
    Yep, I can bring it.

Nubian-Jedi likes this.
  13. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Grace, one thing to keep in mind is the length of the blades. A double blade saber could be too long for. I know there are options for shorter blades, but as a double blade, it could look out of proportion. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, just thinking practicality for you.

And just make sure it's red. The Dark Side is always recruiting! LOL

14. Nubian-Jedi

Jun 4, 2017
    I will definitely keep that in mind, in regards to length I have a staff that I’m going to measure to use as reference.

As regard to color, not sure yet. But will keep an open mind lol.

15. Grog Zombie

Apr 2, 2016
    The double bladed saber I have has the US initiate blades which are about 24". If you choose the shortest hilts, which end up around 18-19" combined, it might not be too long. Plus, blades can be cut shorter if needed. The quick release does add about an inch. So you can check that next time I see you.