main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Least Favorite Film of the Saga and Why (Locked-Use New Thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DBPirate, Nov 15, 2015.

?

What is your least favorite film of the saga?

1. The Phantom Menace

63 vote(s)
    24.5%
  2. Attack of the Clones

83 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

10 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. A New Hope

12 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

10 vote(s)
    3.9%
  6. Return of the Jedi

17 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. The Force Awakens

62 vote(s)
    24.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Yes. Yes he is.

Sarge, DrDre and Darth Weavile like this.
  2. Ben Shrann

Ben Shrann Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2017
    SW: TPM was ok, I liked it up until the point where they tried to make the mystery of "The Force" into a blood borne virus, it was a bad idea, ruining the mysticism of what makes the force special......I mean REALLY, let me kidnap Anakin, drain him of all his blood, filter out all the midiclorian, transfer them to myself, yah, not happening, it humanizes "The Force", making the mystical marvel, limiting it's abilities and making it.....MORTAL, then there is the matter of "The Dark Side Force" & "The Light Side Force", in many movie references (other media NOT included), light and dark were portrayed separately, so by making the force into a physical organism, the Jedi counsel should not only have the ability to physically detect midiclorians, but distinguish between dark and light, yet it was not so, they feared the possibility of darkness in him, it overcomplicated something that didn't even need to be explained, it was in no way pivotal, integral or even relative to the story in the short or long. as for overall dislike, I found that SW: RoTS was kind of slow paced for me, it kind of dragged on and Anakin himself..........he was an idealist, justice, peace, no slavery, ect., the Dark Side exaggerates and corrupts, I don't see under any circumstances where he could become confused and tricked and angry enough into thinking that slaughter a dozen 6-10+ year old kids was acceptable and good in the big picture, so yah, RoTS is my least

SateleNovelist11 and Sarge like this.
  3. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    SW has some pretty dark elements definitely not for kids, ever since Vader snapped Captain Antilles' neck to seeing the charred corpses of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

Heck, ROTS can be nightmare inducing for kids (which I can tell from experience, I was 7 when I first saw it.)

And saying Jar Jar in TPM is anything like Yoda from ESB is absurd.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  4. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002

Really? A Jedi Master that sounds like Grover and looks like a frog and is acting incredibly goofy the first time you see him and is used in countless goofy internet memes is really THAT far removed from Jar Jar? Keep in mind Jar Jar is not even a Jedi. He isn't even one of the main protagonists or antagonists. He is a sidekick character that is a clumsy outcast and is by design a foolish character.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017

They serve fundamentally different roles in the story. Yoda starts out acting silly as a test for Luke to see if he has patience. Once that drops, Yoda is very serious, even stern and stubborn, and becomes a completely different character. He serves as a mentor for Luke, and acts like one. Jar Jar is complete comic relief with very little actual bearing on the characters and their arcs.

6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I was taken aback by how dark TESB was when I first saw it. I was nine at the time. I was so horrified by Vader severing Luke's hand that I could not watch TESB until a couple of years later. Ironically, it's my favorite Star Wars film now. I'd say that TESB, ROTJ, and RO are my favorites. Anakin/Vader is one of the most interesting characters, although I really must acknowledge that he is technically a perpetrator of domestic violence in ROTS. He's shown to be controlling, emotionally unstable, and violent in AOTC, the Clone Wars Micro-Series, and TCW. He is mature but frightening as Vader.

This is a powerful video. Outstanding artistry and editing makes it go with the song. Anakin/Vader was truly a psychological mess. I appreciate how this video illustrates his emotional and mental problems, as well as how Palpatine, Padme, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and the Jedi factored into his decision to become Vader. I'm a huge Ahsoka fan. Love her. Ahsoka represented his past and everything he hated about himself and his failures. Luke represented his future and his aspirations. Sidious Palpatine was his lord and master, and although he hated him, he was his only attachment to the land of the living for a long time. Vader = Great Shakespearean character.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  7. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    AOTC is my least favorite because its not TPM.[face_tee_hee]

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  8. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I am ashamed to give such an overstated answer, but probably TPM. If you've kept track of my posts, my order does change, and I don't currently come near disliking any of the films.
    I'd rate TPM about a 75%, and I'd still choose to watch it, but something has to be at the bottom.

9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Attack of the Clones. It's not without great scenes, but on the whole, I find it rather bland.

10. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Just changed to TLJ. I can't post spoilers, but there's just so much wrong with this movie, from my point of view, of course. I didn't believe that TFA could be topped in its awfulness, but they managed to pull through.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  11. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    anakinfansince1983 Is there a way to add a new option to the poll or would you prefer a new thread be made with the release of TLJ?

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We’ll probably do a new thread and sink this one. I think we can add another option but then everyone would have to re-vote.

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    MOD Note: A new thread has been created that includes TLJ and on December 15th, this thread will be locked. anakinfansince1983

DBPirate

DBPirate likes this.
  14. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Clench your butt cheeks everyone, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.