main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Do You Think We'll Ever See Garoo Maga in the New Canon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trip, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Jacen
    With a hard C, it becomes
    Jaken
    Ken
    Kylo Ren

FOLKS, IT'S ALL CONNECTED! THE UNIVERSALISTS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW BUT WE'RE PULLING THE HOODS OFF YOU! THEY'RE PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE CLONING TANKS THAT ARE TURNING THE FREAKIN' RYBETS GAY! BUT YOU'LL NEVER CRUSH THE HUMAN SPIRIT! YAAAGH! #INFOSTARWARS

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  3. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    I don't get this thread at all. First reading the title I was confused as to what Donald Trump had to do with Star Wars, then reading the initial post that had nothing to do with politics couldn't figure out why such an obscure character would warrant a thread. Then it seemed as though it was almost an attempt at a joke referring indirectly to Trump and "Maga" but one that felt so flat that I'm hoping there's another explanation?

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Low humor EmperorHorus is probably Trump supporter, only has 346 posts, trying to discredit very, very important thread that is trying to make this forum great again. Bad posting! Sad!

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    What in the Nine Corellian Hells is going on here?

vncredleader likes this.
  6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    ... He's Duros?

7. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    EmperorHorus is a mess!

8. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    It's Simple, really. Some People can't get over the fact that the Terrible No-Good Very Bad Stinky EU is Dead and everything is better now that we have CAnNON. And everything Canon is good and sells lots. Like everyone has three canons in their garages now. Before Disney no-one had a single EU in their garage, let alone 3!

Yes, Thrawn came back, but Thrawn was better than the Messy EU stuff he was in and everyone knew that. Like Thrawn, important characters like Terpfen and Cheklev and Kalback and Flirry Vorru may come back into Awesome Possum Canon because they were awesome and I love them and that makes them super Impotent but not silly Maga who thinks he's better than Supreme Leader Snorke is DEAD. He doesn't get to be part of the amazeballs totes incred New NuCanon!

Is Luke or Lando going to sleep with Maga and make babies? I didn't think so, so why should I care about Maga?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

CT-867-5309 and BobaMatt like this.
  9. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Steve Cannon was the best Imperial Advisor.

Daneira likes this.
  10. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    i just want a thread about my favorite Dantari garoo or medicine man, that is all. Maga desrves a thread because he's a great example of a garoo or medicine man, they should also bring back Tash Arranda who greatly impressed the other Dantari with her Force abilities inciting great jealousy in Maga. Please dont read more into it than there is, and please keep politics out of my thread. thanks.

Darth_Duck, i love that you keep mentioning Terpfen. he is such an underrated character. how many mon cals with brains replaced by imperial cheese are there? only one, that is how many, and his name is terpfen. terpfen should be in the new canon along with Maga and Tash Arranda.

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    tash arranda is rey's mom

12. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    big if true

13. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    Only BoShek is cooler than Terpfen and BoShek was onScreen CANAN! That Terpfen could be as awesomesauce as he is despite being from the icky EU is a great credit to KJA. Possibly one of the greatest writers ever
    Tash Arranda and Luke could hook up, I could get behind that. But no gross Maga.

14. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Nobody is more CANAN than CANAN Jarrus.

Revanfan1 and vncredleader like this.
  15. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Our previous ship was a mess too!

16. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Trip You shouldn't joke about Galaxy of Fear. I loved this series, and I'm pretty sure you don't want John Whitman to come after you. :p
    [​IMG]

17. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    or do i [face_thinking]

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I don’t know this character at all, what does this medicine man do?

19. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    You picked something extremely obscure that you wish to be canonized. I can tell you their is a 99.99999999999% chance it will never return to canon. I am a walking encyclopedia of Star Wars knowledge and even I had to wookipeedia the Maga, as I had no recollection to what it is.

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    A walking encyclopedia? It must be very difficult to find shoes!

21. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    I once had a girlfriend who was three Encyclopedias stacked on top of each other and wearing a trench-Coat and a wig. What a Disappointing 3th date. I got a papercut in a very uncomfortable place. On my thumb.

vncredleader likes this.
  22. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    A Talking Encyclopedia!?!

23. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    well starfish, as a garoo or medicine man of a Dantari tribe on Dantooine Maga gave medicine to the Dantari of his tribe, on Dantooine. However one year after the Battle of Yavin, Mammon Hoole and Zak and Tash Arranda sought refuge from the Galactic Empire among Maga's tribe, and the Dantari were impressed by Tash Arranda's Force abilities, inciting great jealousy in Maga. And so in an attempt to rid himself of Tash, Maga directed the young girl to "The Place of Fallen Rocks"—the ruins of an ancient Jedi outpost on Dantooine, which was supposed to be cursed according to ancient garoo lore.

so... you're saying there's a chance?

24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Ok so quick queston:
    WHAT THE HECK IS EVEN!!!!!!!!!

I saw the first few comments and though "ok just some random eu thing someone wants back and a political joke" now it's the new Duros of the forum. Impressive, most impressive

BookExogorth likes this.
  25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    How do so many people not realize this thread is a direct reference to "Do You Think We'll Ever See Galen Marek in the New Canon?"