main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Yes, I think the buzz over TLJ is killing the servers or something. This is RIDICULOUS!

I did get off my duff and go see Darkest Hour. A bit talky, but Gary Oldman was AMAZING and unrecognizable. So, for that matter, was Ben Mendelsohn and Lily James (as a brunette!) Nothing to do the rest of the night but wash my hair & have some serious kittycat time (my entire reason for existence: cat pillow).

Lady_Misty and Chyntuck like this.
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Waaaaait! We can post again and nobody tells me anything?

Welcome back LLL! Nice to meet you.

Mr Chyn says hi to everyone, by the way. He found the piece of paper with his password at some point yesterday, but then the boards were down and he couldn't log in.

I had grand plans for fanficcing this weekend (I'm approx. a gazillion reviews late) but the boards didn't allow for that, so we had a lazy and gastronomic weekend instead. On Saturday it was Mr Chyn's famous, melt-in-the-mouth roast pork leg with orange-lemon sauce, ginger and leeks. Then, yesterday, we had an early Christmas family lunch because my cousins are going to visit their relatives in Egypt during the holidays. So my mother-in-law made a whole baby goat in the oven with an amazing, creamy tomato sauce and she added the tiny rice-shaped pasta just at the end to absorb the excess liquids. It was so perfect. I ate like a pig and I thought my stomach was going to explode.

Five working days to go until I'm on holiday. Begun, the countdown has.

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Congrats on the countdown. ;)

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  4. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    That pork roast with orange-lemon sounds amazing! Please, pretty please, send the recipe? [face_batting][face_praying]

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and Chyntuck like this.
  5. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh, its fairly easy. You need a pork leg or shank (or any other piece that has a bone and a healthy amount of fat between the skin and the meat), leeks, orange juice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, ginger and an oven dish that comes with a lid. Clay or glass is best, but a metal dish covered with aluminum foil will work in a pinch. You just clean and slice up the leeks and put them in the bottom, place the meat on top, and mix equal quantities of orange and lemon juice to which you add the seasoning and pour on top. Then you cover it and bake it at 130°C for 5-6 hours or basically until the meat falls off the bone, and if you want nice crispy skin you uncover it at the end and raise the temp to 250°C for 15 minutes or so.

To give you an idea about quantities, for one pork leg he used 5 big leeks, 1 cup fruit juice and 1 tsp ginger (there was basically just enough juice to cover 2-3 cm of the leeks, but the meat juices will add themselves to that so there's a lot of sauce to dip your bread in the end). That was about 4 portions. We're eating the leftovers tonight =P~

6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I normally don't have issues with Mondays, but I've been super-tired for five days straight. I am supposed to make it to this cafe some 2-3 km away for a nice and cozy John Frusciante tribute night aaaand I don't think I'll be able to. :(

And a weird guy on the other forum found my post about childhood abuse and serious beatings and wrote that "it's no wonder that I'm a sexist, because children of psychopaths always become sexists". Ummm....WHAT?

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Editing a server-caused double post to give you this piece of art:
    [​IMG]

...aaaaaand this!

[​IMG]

My friend Tom screencaps all of these for me, hence the same interface on all of them. :D

AzureAngel2 and mavjade like this.
  8. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I managed to read and review half of the stories on my on-going reading list. *pats self on back*

Also, a friend posted this amazing pic of the view on the Thermaic Gulf this morning; so here it is for you all to see. I'm headed there next week! (It's not a particularly big pic but I'm spoiler-tagging it anyway to avoid too many images on the same page, what with the board lag and all.)
    [​IMG]

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So pretty Chyn! So jealous. We are currently in "Sun? what is this thing you call 'daylight'?" mode.

So, I totally intended to get up early today, see my housemates off (they'll be gone now till after Christmas) and be super productive on house and school work. Well, I did get up early, but I totally crawled back into bed after they left and fell back to sleep :oops:I got most of my housework done (I'm still doing laundry) but now I have no energy to focus on school stuff. BLAH.

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I feel like I'm playing error code BINGO. I've gotten at least 4 different ones today alone.

Hey LLL! I remember you! Welcome back!!

Chyn, that pork sounds so good!! =P~ And that picture is really cool!

Today I finished my classes and 9 years (almost to the day) after getting my AS in Respiratory Care, I'm now the proud owner of a BS in Public Health. Or I will be when they confer my degree, which they tell me won't be until February. [face_plain]

LLL, AzureAngel2, Sith-I-5 and 5 others like this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, I think about 4 different error messages is what I've gotten so far today.

And congrats on the BS Mavvvvv [face_party] Way to go! I'd insert some gifs, but I'd probably break the boards, but I'll bring you the finest muffins and bagels in the land :p

12. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Boards were okay in the morning (like now); spotty throughout the afternoon, and by evening they were in meltdown mode again. I gave up. I only counted 3 different error codes. 502, 503, and 504. Wait... Vader's Stormtroopers are 501... is this a sign that the board meltdown is part of a First Order plot??!!!

Oh... and this morning the clock radio went off and I was trying to hit the snooze or turn it off, and it wasn't working. Then the cat was walking on me while I was trying to unplug the radio... and THEN I actually woke up for real, the cat was on the other side of the bedroom door and the radio was still plugged in! Asleep, dreaming I was awake! :oops:Man, I hate when that happens!

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Wow, everybody is becoming a nerd, errors and all.

1. I thought it was only me and jcgoble3. That said, only he will get this, but I don't care. :p

A SQL query walks into a bar. He approaches two tables and says, Mind if I join you?

2. As long as it's not a 404, it's all OK. :D

Congrats, mavjade! [face_party]

You're absolutely allowed to have lazy days, Briannakin. :)

Could be sleep paralysis. I have had that since early childhood, but last Wednesday, I experienced the worst episode ever. Under the spoiler, because it could give people nightmares. Copied from Facebook.

This time, it was worse than ever before, likely because this month has been stressful, I missed events due to sleep issues stemming from hormonal stuff and the body finally waking up from the stasis, I couldn't get my 'folio done out of lack of confidence and the money is running out, to the point where I MUST find work before the holidays.

I could not move at all. The poop emoji cushion next to me started talking and kept on repeating: "Mrtva si!" (you are dead) in a creepy, haunting voice. Then I heard footsteps in the room and nobody was there, followed by steps from the living room. The cushion continued with: "This is your last day as a proper person, you need to go see Ljubica in the morning, you will be admitted, you're done with, you're disabled!" I tried to scream and wake up my mother in the other room, but I could not even open my mouth. I tried to employ lucid dreaming and inner dialogue, something in the lines of: "No, you're dead, you're not real, you're just a cushion and I am fine, it was proven that I am fine. I am going to participate in a workshop today and see Star Wars tonight, I am a kickass writer and web designer! This is a nightmare or sleep paralysis!"

Took me a couple of minutes to finally open my mouth and figure out that I was right, that the sense of reality was there all along, get up, go to the bathroom, have a glass of Pepsi Max and go back to sleep.

Usually, I would laugh out loud at this when waking up. But after the experiences this year, when Ljubica (the pdoc) almost convinced me of things that were not the case with me, I think I will be freaking out over this for the rest of my life. :(

14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats mavjade!! [face_party]

It snowed overnight in northern Greece, and it's still snowing today. White Christmas ahead! [face_dancing]

The countdown to holidays is down to three days. Can't wait can't wait can't wait.

Oh, and I just got two different error messages – but it was both at the same time, one on Chrome and one on Firefox, while I was updating the indexes with the socks... *pulls hair out*

AzureAngel2 and mavjade like this.
  15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_rofl]

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Pops back in Hi. Been busy as all get-out. Work's been nuts. The holiday season can wear me down. Winter and the decreasing sunlight doesn't help.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin -- lazy days are the best. :) And mavjade -- congratulations @};-

Best Nerdy/ST crossover ever was posted by Ewok Poet -- full of "error codes" [face_laugh] =D= !!!

AzureAngel2, mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I put some kebab leftovers in my cabbage soup, the result is rather good tasting, especially with smetana.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

You...have no idea what you have done. :p AND HOW WRONG YOU ARE. :D

Hope you are well, despite that. Haven't seen you around in a long time.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, I've been staying away for the most part since the boards are constantly down.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks. My SW fandom is on the wane, admittedly.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I could not get on for anything until about 8:00 ET or so and then since then only been a couple times I couldn't do a thing; otherwise it's been more consistently fine to post and "like" :D

And LOL I've done that before; been listening to a book, fell asleep & dreamed I was awake trying to shut the player off. :p 8-}

Ewok Poet peeked under the spoiler. Wow! :eek: [:D]

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    So did I. I love spoilers. :D

24. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Yikes, Ewok Poet. I've had a few episodes where someone was drumming my mattress and one where I was being pulled out of bed only to immediately snap back to where I was, but nothing like that one. Damn...

25. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    This afternoon, I got the song Bad Romance stucked in my head. Don't know why, but it is still in... :/