main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe
    Antville Installation near Antville, Alaska

Ayshe smiled at Beta and gently touched his arm. "Very good." She said to him and then turned to Matt. "He will die in New York. I have foreseen it." She confirmed and then leaned back. "Beta just confirmed. My closest ally and one of those gifted by our Lord. He can fold time and has been my hands, eyes and ears for all those years." She said this as if it was nothing special to announce the ability to teleport.

"You did the right thing Mr. President. So let us talk about the future now." She smiled. "Our future and how we can do our Lord's will."

With a gesture she asked him to sit opposite of her.

Tag: @HanSolo29, @LordTroepfchen

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Car, Outside Great Expectations

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the spray of blood as hot lead passed through her. It hurt, but, it was a familiar pain. She'd taken rounds before, they stug like bug bites at first but, once the adrenaline wore off they burned like hell.

She didn't have time to think about it as she sent three bullets downrange. One missed, another grazed, the last struck him in the chest. She knew what her shot did to him, tore his organs turned his insides to a bloody mess.

Though he was taken off his feet, Jane did not let it rest with that.

He took her uncle, her closest friend, if you could even call him that.

She rose from her cover, crimson blood streaming from her wound. Her feet landed heavy on the pavement as she approached, each step spilled more drops of life force on the ground. A tear fell down her cheek.

What would she say to Natalie. Her father was dead because of her, if she hadn't of gotten him involved, if he wasn't here. He wouldn't be dead.

She leveled her pistol at the prone body of Simmons, rage still burning in her chest, mixed with same. Four silenced shots ring out over the chaos happening within the club. With practiced if pained movements she reloaded her gun, ready to put even more rounds into Simmons, to make sure he was gone from this earth.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Antville Installation, Antville, Alaska

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

The words of Jeremiah 29:11 surfaced in his mind, providing strength and a sense of awareness to this unorthodox situation. The Scriptures always had a way of casting a pure light on an otherwise dark path. In this instance, he needed clarity to overcome his doubts and to see things beyond a simple human understanding; he required guidance. The professor’s words had cut deep, but Kurt reminded himself that the man was lost. Cale was looking at things from a different perspective, a more earthly perspective. As a scientist, he was more inclined to take a more systematic approach to problem solving. This method made it nearly impossible for him to comprehend the nature of the divine, or to experience true faith. It was a shame, but he resigned himself to the fact that not everyone could be saved.

Issuing a weary sigh, the President turned away from the door the professor had exited through and allowed his gaze to finally rest on Beta – or, Karim, as the Colonel had called him. The young man had a dark complexion and exotic features, not so dissimilar to Ayshe herself. If he had to guess their lineage, he would say either Middle Eastern or North African descent. Both were war-torn regions steeped in poverty, which would explain why they would seek refuge...and perhaps why the Lord had chosen them to spread His Word. It was an interesting notion, considering their history with the area.

Kurt began to contemplate the kind of ramifications this discovery could have on the world stage when Ayshe casually revealed that Karim could teleport. Losing his train of thought, the President simply balked and ran a hand over his jaw in absolute amazement. Who were these people? It was more than a little overwhelming; the possibilities of what they could accomplish were endless. With a fierce intensity reflecting in his eyes, he turned his head to meet Matt’s gaze. He noted that his friend’s countenance was impassive, a blank slate to the wonders that were transpiring around him. Did he understand? Could he understand?

Pursing his lips, he decided to step forward and rest a hand on his friend’s shoulder to offer some encouragement. “Matt,” he began with a wan smile to grab the man’s attention. “Remember what you said to me earlier when you took me aside after the meeting? About how we didn’t get elected to kill people, but to shape the country into a better place?” Raising his brow, he waited for some kind of acknowledgement before continuing. “I didn’t forget that. That’s all this is. You were right about LEGO. He’s a threat to our freedom, and I should have never interfered with the Antville operation. To eliminate him would mean to protect the country. Hell, it could have been all over by now if I would’ve let them do their job…”

For a split second, his gaze went distant, almost as if he was trying to convince himself with his own words. “I intend to fix this,” he stated after a moment, his eyes hardening with a new resolve. “You no longer need to worry about having to comfort Beth and the girls if something should happen to me. That won’t happen now.” Pausing, he flashed a more genuine smile. “Have a little faith.”

With a nod toward the couch, he slowly began to lead Matt over to where Ayshe and Karim were waiting. “But I need your input here, we can do this together.”

Canting his head to the side, he took a moment to study Ayshe with a curious look before mechanically taking a seat across from her and inviting Matt to do the same. “For a secure America.”

TAG: @LordTroepfchen ; @SirakRomar

4. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Elena/Maria
    Great Expectations, New York

The sound of gunfire without silencers was deafening to her already hurting ears, but the return fire allowed her to grab her back. She pulled her mobile and gun from it and came up, pulling safety off and ready to shoot. Joel and Rutherford were already down. Rutherford was still alive, fumbling his gun out of his jacket with his weak hand. She was surprised how automated her response was. Firing two bullets into his body before taking aim at the head for the killing shot ... and pulling the trigger.

He collapsed to the ground and she lowered her gun. Looking around she saw the attack had been frightening effective. Only the Canadian was still on his feet. "Oh dammit." She swallowed and held her shoulder that began to hurt as the adrenaline slowly fizzled out of her system.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @galactic-vagabond422, @Ktala, @Mitth-Fisto, @LordTroepfchen

ooc: LordT permission for the kill

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

There was a long pause and finally she closed her eyes. She saw an endless number of outcomes of words and reactions. Then there was darkness. Still darkness. How? She had to be patient, things were unfolding. LEGO would die. She had foreseen it, because she had foreseen the future of those with him when he died. Soon. Soon. Even if not, he was beyond saving now. The boy. The boy was dead. They would all die.

They are all dead. She smiled at the Mantra. Oh how she would love to see him and all his possibilities unfold.

"Not America, Mr. President. What we will change and shape in the ways our Lord demands it ... is the world. But changing the world takes time. Matt will never have to comfort your wife. They will be fine, they will be proud of you and all you accomplish. Peace and prosperity, an age of prosperity will come through you. And you will be recognized for this. Your legend will last for centuries. Your reign will span long beyond the limits of the four years you have been elected. It will be a long presidency, after they lift the two-period rule for you. We will begin here and then we will spread our Lords will. We will bring peace to the near east, to Asia. We will unite humanity. You will be the face and voice of this change and I will stay in the shadows. I have to. Or we will loose endless strength in the battle against those who do not share our faith.

We need to begin with those who will betray us. Time is of essence. We have only one lifetime to bring those changes. All who will oppose us need to be replaced. Roberts. Taylor. Bird. They will all not accept the new reality for their own reasons. Some for selfish reasons, some for good intentions misguided by a lack of faith." She opened her eyes again. "Even you have doubts, don't you Mr. Andrews?"

She sighed.

"They will grow with every difficult decision, slowly, secretly, but the seed of betrayal was planted in you. Even if loyalty will keep you faithful for years, the day would come you betray your friend. Three years from now you try to reveal my existence. You would not survive the betrayal. But don't worry, we won't allow you to come to this point. I will save you."

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Great Expectations Club, New York

Watching as the last of them died, the false Elena putting three rounds into his Hunter he sighed a bit of relief. It was over, at least. . .Looking around he noted the bodies, the kid was dead. Lego was bleeding out, again. Lambs was dead. Only he and the false one were left alright by this brief altercation with two trained killers.

If it wasn't for the fact that he had to suddenly roll over and throw up he might of laughed, the world was scared of them and they couldn't survive two people gunning for them?!? Struggling to catch his breath as his lips burned he slowly sat up. Wipping his sleeve across his face he nodded to the woman, "False Elena? This qualifies. They brought tranqs because of me, end me. Make it quick." he simply breathed as he opened his jacket.

"Maybe next time we will get it right. Time to reset." keeping his eyes open he looked at her, before glancing at Sebastian. "Hope this works for you." he simply nodded. Trying to be solemn as his eyes were drawn back to the child. "Especially you." he simply stated before looking at the woman once more, "Let's try this meeting again. Shoot true."

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins, @galactic-vagabond422, @Ktala, @TheSithGirly , @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: TSG asked me to post this and I put my response right under it.

Elena/Maria

She looked at Rutherford for a long moment and then turned to the scene. They had not stood a chance. These were ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. But it were ordinary people. If they faced trained killers they died. Their abilities gave them an edge, but ultimately they died.

Kawin ... the last man standing ... said something about resetting. And her shooting him. "You want me to kill you?" She asked and was not sure if she had understood him right. Had he given up? He appeared to be quite confident, actually. "Why?" She had to ask, giving the badly shot LEGO a short look, before turning back to the Canadian.

"I would prefer to bring you to safety and call a Doctor for him, to be honest." She mumbled, but she knew that two shots in the chest needed a miracle. Then again, miracles were these guys specialty.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @Mitth-Fisto, @LordTroepfchen

Lego
    Great Expectations - VIP Lounge, New York

Reset if he died? For a moment he was as shocked as Elena about the proposal, but then he understood. "Do it. Do as he told you. Now." Sebastian hissed in pain to the woman.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @Mitth-Fisto, @Ktala, @TheSithGirly

8. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Elena/Maria

She looked at the wounded German and then at Kawin and raised her gun. What happened if she shot him? Would it mess up her mission?

"What happens if I shoot you? What do you mean reset?" She asked and realized only now he had called her "fake-Elena". He had uncovered her. Maybe a good reason to kill him anyway, by she doubted he would truly die. Taking them alive, wasn't that her mission? She had lost half of them. Already. And her cover was blown. If she shot him now and he "reset", what would happen? Would they overpower her? Right now she had two of them. That was better then nothing.

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

As the false Elena refused to kill him without answers to questions he looked at her, sadly. Sebastian seemed to understand, but it seemed as though no one was willing to follow through. He had never tried to kill himself, and he had been raised that it was wrong to even dwell on the thought of killing yourself, but at a moment like this he was starting to. He was considering as he looked at these two.

"Somebody kill me, quickly. . ." sighing he brought his gun around and reversed his grip, "Don't make me have to. . ." slowly he raised it up to his own heart. If he had to he would, but he deeply hoped someone would shoot him before he followed through on shooting himself.

TAG: @TheSithGirly, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

10. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Antville-Installation, Antville, Alaska

Matt stared at the woman. Finally, very slowly and without leaving his eyes of her he nodded.

"The problem is Roland, there is no freedom to protect anymore. There was none since 2004. We are presented with situations that will make us decide in certain ways so the world develops into what she sees best. Have you heard what she said? We would not have won the election. She manipulated the US democracy, because she wanted to have another President then who the people wanted to elect. She says she does the will of the Lord, but truly it is us doing her will." Matt finally looked at his friend who he talked to. "And Antville was not a right or wrong choice. She made Simmons initiate Antville, she allowed you to stall it and then she invited you here and made you order these men to kill these people. It again was no choice, she knew how you would decide, or we would not be here. She knew even I would say these words, so she will have the perfect answer. It was probably a trap. She made me say them, so she could ... get rid of me."

Matt smiled. "The world has become a giant trap and the only way out ... is about to die in New York. Just as you had foreseen."

Tag: @HanSolo29, @SirakRomar

Simmons spasmed as the bullets hit him, like a puppet out of control. The first two killed him probably, but the rest of the magazine ripped him apart until the bloody mess that had been him was lying leaned against the car.

Yet, there was a hint of a smile around the mouth of the dead man. Pain, but also a grim little hint of a smile. He had stayed in the car, which was against protocol and any rule. He also had risked his death by his frontal attack. It was not what should have been expected of him.

The only hint for the smile was probably in his left hand. A suitcase with a grey carbon casing. It showed no sign of a branding and the bloody hand of the dead assassin was still firmly holding it.

"Drop it! FBI! Drop the gun!" The voice came from behind. A man in full swat gear stood there aiming his submachine gun at her and with the three letters of his agency broadly on his chest. Behind him people rushed out of the club in panic, screaming and crying. The rest of the FBI swat stood helpless before the entrance, that was blocked by hundreds civilians trying to leave.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

The crowd downstairs was now in outright panic. People were probably dying. But Maria felt a vibration in her injured arm. The mobile she had grabbed. Someone had send her a message. Not many people had this number.

Tag: @TheSithGirly, @Mitth_Fisto, @DarkLordoftheFins, @Ktala

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Antville Installation, near Antville, Alaska

The President sat on the edge of his seat, his fingers steepled against his chin, as he listened intently to Ayshe’s speech of liberation. Every word was an inspiration, a testament to what every world leader hoped and dreamed for. He was on the cusp of something special, and he found that he could not shy away from the opportunity to make that dream a reality. Like a moth attracted to the light, this woman had drawn him in, his eyes beginning to glaze over with a feverish hunger. She knew exactly what to say so that her words fed directly into his aspirations, making them extremely difficult to contain. She had him firmly in her grasp…

And then she made the mistake of mentioning his Cabinet, how it was necessary to have them replaced, and the betrayal of friends...including Matt.

Tucking his chin toward his chest, Kurt closed his eyes and rubbed at them wearily. “You want me to start from scratch,” he stated flatly, defeated. “They’re good people. They would never--” He trailed off and picked up his head with a sigh, now looking pointedly in Matt’s direction. While he did not want to believe that his longtime friend could deceive him, what was he supposed to do?

She can see the future…can influence it and twist it to her will.

As if detecting Kurt’s silent assessment of his character, Matt launched into a bitter tirade. Almost immediately, the President noticed the use of his last name when his friend addressed him, a sign that the rift between them was growing. It was impersonal, almost insulting for such close acquaintances, but it seemed to fit in with the overall theme of his outburst. It was very similar to what Cale had tried to convey to him, but now that he heard the words coming from Matt, it seemed different...more real. Matt would never try to dissuade him from his faith, so if he was speaking out, there must be a good reason for it...

She can see the future…can influence it and twist it to her will.

Influence and twist it…

Was Matt right? Was she really making him say this to draw them apart? To make Kurt more accessible?

Narrowing his eyes, the President shook his head slowly. “Don’t do this, Matt,” he said softly, now clearly struggling internally with his emotions. “This doesn’t have to end badly...we can make the most of it. All the people who didn’t believe in us? We can prove them wrong.”

He turned briefly to Ayshe, a hint of doubt reflecting in his eyes for the first time. When he spoke again to Matt, his voice was grim. “And if what you said is true, well...I guess we just have to hope that LEGO can handle himself so that he can ‘save’ us all.”

TAG: @SirakRomar ; @LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  12. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

Ayshe sighed and nodded. "No, Mr. President. He is right. Regrettably he is absolutely right." Sadly she lowered her eyes. "Let us not pretend this comes without a price."

Turning to Matt she was very calm when she spoke. She had foreseen this argument, more so ... Matt was here to make this argument.

"First thing you, you are right about ... I know what you would say and how he reacts. I made you come here so you can raise doubts. Because doubts will be there anyway along the way. Second I try to save you today ... and not even I know if I succeed. You will betray us, but you will also never forgive yourself the betrayal." Smiling a sympathetic smile at him she continued.

"You are right, Matt. I know all those things and watch them unfold. But you do not understand. I cannot stop seeing. Doing nothing is as much a manipulation as changing the world. All decisions are made, all choices I foresee. Free will is nothing I see. Even my decisions would be foreseen by someone like me. So how could I stop it? Kill myself? Do not believe the thought hasn't crossed my mind a hundred time. Do you understand the limits? I cannot change everything. I cannot save everyone. I know millions will die and all I can do is save a few. All the others I just watch. Billions of tragedies unfold before my eyes every second. I wanted to escape it, I wanted to end myself. Col. Thompson can tell you I tried to kill myself several times in the first years. There is just one thing keeping me from it now. Why am I here? An accident? Or is it a purpose I serve? My existence is such a unique event in human history, I cannot believe it was a freak event of a scientific experiment gone wrong. No, I believe there is a reason ... a higher power ... that put this burden on my shoulders to achieve something. So what do you ask me to do? Not make the world a better place? You want me to waste the chance to bring this world peace and prosperity so you can live in the sense of self-empowerment? I could ask Thompson to hand you a gun and give you the chance to kill me, but that would be cynical. I know you wouldn't. You would raise the gun and then you would realize what a chance you take from the world and you would not pull the trigger." Ayshe smiled. "I have foreseen this, too."

She turned back to the President.

"The future will be a dark place if we don't save it. Ecological disasters, economic crisis, despots everywhere, anarchy, wars, suffering. Billions starving to death. Humanity would in the end devour itself, if we don't stop it. Through me we can stop it. What else could my gift be but a gift from God!"

Breathing out she wiped a tear from her eye. This was surprising emotional. "Together we will change all that. With my help you will save the world." She made a pause. "I have foreseen it."

Then she grew colder again.

"And LEGO won't be saved. He will die in three minutes from now."

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  13. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Elena/Maria

They meant it, they wanted to "reset", to kill Kawin and ... Maria bit her lip so hard she gasped in pain. The mobile vibrated in her hand. She had not spread the number too far. She had not spread it at all. But no time for texting. She had to think. Think!

What did a reset mean? She would have to live through the last seconds again? Her targets alive again and the attackers, too? How would it play out the second time? Would she survive again? The Canadian did not know who she was, but she wasn't Elena. She was expandable, dangerous ... something to get rid off ...

"Sorry." She answered the Canadians plea and aimed at the shoulder of the hand that held the gun and pulled the trigger. She aimed at the nerve at the tip of his shoulder. As hostage training always told you to do.

After the shot she lost not a second. Immediately she turned it to LEGO and hissed. "Don't even try!" Only then she raised her mobile. PRESIDENT ORDER: KILL THEM ALL. From the Swat Operator.

Things were not that easy anymore.

ooc: Message by LordT and Fins approved

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Leaning forward, the President once again lifted his hand and rested it against his chin in contemplation, now fully engrossed in Ayshe’s story. There was a sense of passion to her words, a real fervor that allowed him to connect with her on a higher level. The horrors she had seen went beyond the limits of what anyone should have to endure in their lifetime. He could see it in her eyes. Even in the institutional lighting of the facility, they mirrored her anguish and exemplified her suffering. It was a sad reflection of society’s adverse tendencies. In that, he understood...he understood completely.

With a harried sigh, his expression softened and he cautiously reached out to gently touch her arm. It was the least he could do to share in her pain and offer his hand in compassion. “I believe you,” he said evenly, his gaze sincere. It was an ambiguous answer, he knew, but one that should alleviate any doubt and reassure her that she was not alone.

“And you’re absolutely right. In this world, there is no such thing as chance. Everything has a purpose. God has certainly put you here for a reason and has given you a wonderful gift. I see that now. Unfortunately, some may never understand…” He lowered his head marginally and glanced at Matt out of the corner of his eye. News of his imminent betrayal stung, and he idly wondered how to proceed with that knowledge. Could he be persuaded? Were her words enough to save him?

“But I know He has a plan,” he surmised after a moment, seeming to come to his own conclusion regarding his friend. “I take comfort in that. All I can do is trust Him and pray.”

Kurt flashed a sad smile, feeling a bit foolish for being so sentimental, but these were indeed extraordinary circumstances. In addition to her divine gift, he realized that he owed everything to her. Without her influence, the White House would have been a pipe dream. For that, he was grateful.

With a surreptitious glance, he checked his watch, silently counting down the minutes until LEGO met his fate. Three minutes. Satisfied with the plan, he leveled his gaze with hers.

“Shall we get started?” he inquired, offering his hand in pledge. “To a new beginning…”

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Looking into her eyes, waiting for that moment of indecision to end. He knew the bullet would be coming and was trying to focus on when he wanted to reset to. Back to when the meeting started. Back when they would have about a minute before everything fell apart. Back to when Lambs was alive. Back to when Lego was not wounded. Back to when the kid was alive. To when hope was alive.

She dithered and questioned as he looked at her and then she fired. And his initial worries that she wouldn't shoot faded. . .before flaring alive once more as he dropped his pistol. His arm hurt like a distant pain compared to the horror he had already relived. Her last word 'Sorry' Echoed in his mind as she turned her gun on the Grey Hoodie. He turned his back but kept his head up as he went for the gun with his off hand. As a hunter who had gone into bear country often enough he had made sure he was okay to shoot with his off hand. No where near as accurate as his primary, but he at least knew with five shots he could hit and kill something at three meters.

His target was nowhere near that far. All he needed to do was grab the gun, reverse his grip so it was as awkward as could possibly be and try to shoot out his own heart. Although even as he tried to do so he prayed Lego would take the head shot. "Head!" he cried out as he fumbled with his own weapon. Why in the world did his jacket have to have that one glaring weakness, seams!

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins, @TheSithGirly , @LordTroepfchen

16. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Jane wanted to keep shooting, keep pumping bullets into the body of Simmons, just wanting to wipe the smile off his face. Why was he still smiling...why? She noted the briefcase still held tightly in his hand. Maybe something was in there, something...that didn't matter.

"Drop it! FBI! Drop the gun!" She heard behind her. She kept her right hand out to the side where the agent could see it, her finger resting above the trigger guard. She dropped the gun, letting it clatter on the ground. She turned her head slightly keeping most of her face shrouded in darkness hiding her identity.

There was just this one agent, all alone,the rest were busy with the civilians rushing out of the club. She could take him down and escape without leaving herself open to too many attacks from the other agents. However with her injured shoulder taking him down would be difficult, not impossible, just harder than it normally would be.

This was a black operation, she couldn't just call up the general to get her out of jail, she'd need to find her own way out.

"It was self defense." she called out putting her hands up. She would comply with the agent's demands, until she got an opening to escape.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego

TRUST NO ONE.

The Source had warned him, also it had been a X-Files quote. "Elena" shot, but not as he wanted her to. Then she aimed at him and hissed to him something about not even trying. It all came to him through a cloud of pain and death.

He risked it anyway.

STOP.

He watched the frozen Elena-Impostor and dropped his empty handgun. He would have done anything for a second mag right now. But why do it the easy way? The black guy Lambs seemed to have a gun. Sebastian pulled himself forward, pretty sure his legs would not support him anymore and grabbed the body of the man. He began with the belt and the poor guy never even drew his .38 revolver. A tiny gun compared to theirs. It would do the job. He lay down on his body to aim at the Canadian and aimed for the head, unstopping time and firing three shots ... hoping for the reset ...

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @Mitth-Fisto, @Ktala, @TheSithGirly, @all others

ooc: T approved

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

Beta smiled and slowly circled the group. He watched the other men, but his eyes returned to Ayshe as often as possible.

Matt stared at him for a moment and looked at his friend the President then and then back to Ayshe. Then he chuckled, closed his eyes and whispered something to himself.

"You know I am a Christian, Kurt. But I never was a great fan of the book. My father made me read it every Sunday so it ... anyway. Isn't it strange when you suddenly realize it is all real? And we are in the middle of it?"

The SWAT man from the FBI was a professional, his eyes did leave her only when she could not see him. "Simmons down! Over here!" He yelled and his colleagues gave up to force themselves through the panicking crowd and retreated to shield the scene.

One of them stepped to Simmons and nodded. "Yeah that is him." He sighed and looked at Jane. "Good job." He winked and knelt next to the body. Pushing the gun of the dead assassin away he grabbed the suitcase from his hand and lay it on the asphalt of the street. Giving the fleeing crowd a look he decided he had a moment and opened it.

"Oh my God." He hissed out and stumbled back. Jane had a clear view of what was inside.

https://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/wips/5096a6e342a64.jpg

And the countdown that went from 19 to 18 to 17 ...

A lot of dead bodies, Fake Elena had just killed the second shooter and her mobile vibrated, down on the ground floor people screamed and LEGO was again leaning against the couch with his empty Walther P 11. He remembered everything, just as Kawin did, but he was still in pain from the mortal wounds inflicted to him.

The reset had saved Kawin, but the others were still dead.

Maria would obviously not remember anything.

Tag: @TheSithGirly, @Mitth-Fisto, @DarkLordoftheFins

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

"We shall wait for two more minutes, then we shall begin." She smiled and there was a short ... blur in her vision. Something had changed. Something had been altered, but the outcome stayed the same. For now.

The trap allowed no escape. The bomb, the injuries ... Elena would see him die any way. He would not end time. He would sacrifice himself.

"It is almost done and it will be a great sacrifice we must make to buy our triumph, but finally nothing will stop us. Nothing."

Opening her eyes she nodded to Thompson. "Mr. Andrews probably should join our Professor, Colonel. Him hearing my plans will not serve our vision."

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Kurt smiled, sensing his friend’s indecision. For someone like Matt, who was typically reserved about his beliefs, it took a lot for him to finally proclaim the truth. The least he could do was to offer his support and make him feel at ease. “It’s an opportunity to do something great, Matt,” he concurred with enthusiasm, reaching out to clasp his friend by the shoulder. The words gave him hope that any thoughts of betrayal were ill-conceived.

“I know you don’t like when I get theological, especially when it relates to our partisan viewpoints…” He paused, knowing the Left loved to latch onto things like that and use such religious slurs as, ‘Bible thumper,’ to negate his opinions. Since the primaries, they had carefully toed the line to deflect any backlash and maintain a happy medium between both parties. Matt had been a major advocate for that approach.

“But what we’re witnessing here today is unprecedented,” he continued with fervor. “I think we can forget about party lines for the time being and simply rejoice in this moment...as followers of Christ.”

It sounded scripted, the words of a man who had been indoctrinated by the system and was beyond seeing reason. Of course, Kurt failed to see this in himself, but it would be blatantly obvious to those close to him...particularly to Matt. The President was slowly losing touch with reality, which could potentially make him dangerous.

But just as quickly as he had been overtaken by his zeal, Kurt’s expression sobered and he turned, his lips pressed tightly into a thin line, to regard Ayshe with uncertainty. Her suggestion to remove Matt from the room did not sit well with him. In fact, her decision held several connotations that he was not particularly fond of. For one, he would be left alone in this room without protection; a vulnerable target for these people to exploit. He thought that perhaps he had merely grown overly complacent with the constant presence of the Secret Service hovering over him, but he realized that his fears were more deeply rooted than that. Compared to their abilities, he was powerless.

And then there was the matter of Matt himself – if Ayshe felt compelled to escort him from this meeting, did that mean she still anticipated his deception? With a troubled sigh, Kurt studied his friend’s profile from where he sat on the couch, not wanting to accept the inevitable truth. His lips parted to speak, but instead of addressing Matt directly, he decided to express his thoughts to Ayshe.

“Matt is my Chief of Staff,” he said quietly, a hint of affliction evident in his tone. “My right-hand man; my top adviser; the ‘gatekeeper’...” He paused to smile briefly at the tired moniker frequently used for Matt’s position. When he continued, his face was serious once more. “And my friend.

“What you’re asking is unacceptable. His role is integral in maintaining a solid base in this administration. We have a mutual understanding on how information flows between us. I don’t withhold anything from him, and as far as I’m aware, he doesn’t withhold anything from me. That includes major decisions that may affect the overall course of this country. I may not always appreciate what he has to say, but I value his feedback. I also have a far better track record when I consult with him first, rather than jumping headlong into the viper’s nest alone.” Inhaling deeply, he speared Ayshe with a hard glare. “I want him here.”

While he had tried to remain stern throughout the exchange, that effect was lost when his voice suddenly caught in his throat. Hesitating, his eyes strayed inadvertently to Matt. “Unless...there are circumstances preventing that from happening. In which case…”

Sighing, he pinched the bridge of his nose to ease the headache that was steadily forming. He could not bring himself to mention the betrayal directly. “Dammit,” he uttered hoarsely.

In the relative calm that followed, Kurt finally met Matt’s gaze and silently asked for forgiveness.

21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

A curse tumbled from her lips setting eyes on the bomb, her first thought was to run, but, the clock was not on her side. She didn't think she could out run the explosion, not injured as she was. She dropped down into the space vacated by the agent that opened the device. None of the internals were apparent. With a quick heave of her good arm, she tore off the covering revealing the innerworkings. Her mind, possibly added by the panic running through, took in everything before her, finding connections in her past.

She wasn't trained in bomb disposal but, she'd made a few. They were crude but effective. There were three central parts of a bomb, the charge, the detonator, and the trigger. The trigger could be a timer, or battery that sends a signal to the detonator. Often bomb makers would lay false wires or traps that make the charge go off. Jane's creations were never of that complexity, and were certainly not like the device before her. Everything looked precisely made perfectly fitting into their places. This kind of craftsmanship didn't come cheap.

Simmons must have really wanted this thing to go off.

A long cylinder most likely containing the explosive, C-4 she would guess, stable and easily available to someone of Simmon's skill and connections. Next was the timer, with no obvious connections to the charge. Wirelessly connected maybe, or just showing countdown set when the bomb was activated. She also noted a wire, not electrical but, steel running to some device. That had to be the trigger, a mechanical one. She looked around for a blasting cap, something to give the bomb it's kick to get going. It wasn't the timer and the device acted as the trigger. That meant the detonator was with in the cylinder. A cylinder which was sealed tight.

Her hand hovered over the device connected to the charge by the metal wire. There was a 50/50 chance that removing it set the bomb off, the other 50% being that removing it disarms.

Were those the best odds...maybe not but, as the timer ticked ever onward, they seemed the best odds she was going to get.

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Blinking his eyes rapidly he took in his surroundings as the world snapped back into view after the feeling of pain and pressure like a fiery roar had ripped through his body before darkness and then. . .once more the light. Taking it in he realized something, "Alright, not exactly what I expected. Or wanted."

Looking over at Sebastian and then at Elena he sighed as her mobile vibrated. "Might want to answer that."

Turning to look at the man in the grey hoodie he sighed. "Well we could try chain attempts? Not that I look forward to it." Really he had nothing else to offer, what was the plan really? Everybody was dead unless his power worked and all it had done was put them back into the bad situation they had started from.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins, @TheSithGirly

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego

He sighed. It had not worked.

"Don't even think about it or I swear I kill you." He hissed to the woman who had claimed to be Elena.

Then he turned to Kawin. "Thanks for trying." He smiled weakly and fumbled his mobile from his jacket. He would stop time the moment Elena pointed her gun at any of them. Kawin would not be affected and he still had a gun. Sebastian felt tears in his eyes. He fought them. How terribly wrong all of this has gone ...

"I doubt it works to chain up your deaths. You jump back to the point in time where you can save yourself, not anybody else. Guess we need to rethink our options."

How long before I die?

"Come closer, I need to tell you a few things before I die." He had problems speaking loud enough to overtone the screams so he waved his hand at Kawin.

The moment Elena would make her move he would stop time. He needed to talk to the last man on earth who could change anything ...

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @MitthFisto, @TheSithGirly, @all others

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  24. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

Beta stopped right behind Matt and the secretary was obviously uncomfortable. The Colonel stepped to them and Matt looked at him and gave him an unamused, thin-lipped smile. "It is okay Kurt. What does the friendship between two men mean in the presence of a prophet."

He stood up and gave Ayshe a last look that was unreadable before leaving with the Colonel. In the door he stopped one last time and turned.

"The Bible knows two different kind of prophets, Kurt." With these words he turned, leaving the President alone with the two subjects of Antville.

17, 16, 15 ... the casing cost too much time. At least the FBI Agent did not shoot her. But they talked with each other. Someone called it by a name and ... Jane had no time. Getting familiar and finding the cable took almost 10 seconds. She had five on the clock when she finally pushed the cable out ... the countdown obviously did not stop. Why would it? It wasn't connected to anything ... but she would only have to wait for five seconds until she found out.

ooc: Combined with TSG

The message arrived Elena with a threat. Elena read it and then looked at the two men. She stared at the two men who suddenly acted so strange. Not expected? What did Kawin mean by it?

They had used their power ... but for what?

Tag: @TheSithGirly, @Mitth-Fisto, @DarkLordoftheFins

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Ayshe

Looking after Matt she waited until he had left before speaking again.

"I did him a favor, Mr. President. He will have his place in this, but after all he did for us ... it would not be fair to doom him. Even though he would never done lasting harm to our plans."

She sighed and her look grew even more serious. "A great tragedy will happen in New York. One that will cost many lives. It will be the catalyst for a greater future. The people will rally behind you and eventually this sacrifice will better the live of billions. Simmons had brought a small nuclear weapon ... tactical is what experts call it I believe ... to the city. Also Simmons is already dead the bomb will detonate near the Club LEGO meets the others." She allowed this to sink in for a second. "This will be a terrorist act by a member of the American intelligence network. Everybody will ask you to cover it up. That is exactly what you won't do. This will be a chance to replace all those who oppose our Lords will. It will be a reckoning against our enemies who have poisoned this world with their lies and unspeakable crimes. Roberts and General Taylor will fall easily. Replaced with loyal servants. It will also bring a wave of solidarity to you and your Government on an international level unlike any before. A starting point for conversations with those who once were enemies. You will bring peace where once war was the only solution. It will be the beginning of your rise."

Ayshe felt it all fall in place. Jane. Maria. Mulligan. They were all about to die and with them everybody who knew too much would vanish in the cleansing and painful act of violence. LEGO would die.

And finally her vision would be absolute again. The future would be hers to command again.

"It will free me of the demons who oppose my divine mission, too."

HanSolo29 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.