main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST A Friend Indeed. Leia&Amilyn.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Disclaimer: Borrowing for the fun.
    Genre: Humor/gal-pal bonding.
    AN: Amilyn is there for Leia throughout so many pivotal moments. ~~~!!

Amilyn remembers Kier Domati. Leia was smitten in the way so typical of that age and time: first mooka-eyed love/crushes. But Leia's single-minded focus kept her from indulging completely in the entire experience like she might have if times had been different.

Then their paths diverged but Amilyn always kept up with Leia. When she heard of Leia's involvement with Han Solo, she had to laugh. Of all the mismatches! Then she took a second look... that nerf-herding scoundrel had a heart of gold... Maybe it wasn't such a mismatch after all.

Amilyn made it a point to catch up with Leia soon after the government was established on Chandrila.

She blew into Leia's office with her customary verve and practically insisted they have lunch.

Leia rolled her eyes good-naturedly and agreed.
    +++++

TBC ...
    :)

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Nice start, Nyota! I look forward to more of Holdo's trademark eccentricity.

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Some friendships never truly die.

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I love the idea of the two women being old friends! I hope you continue so u can see them interacting when they were younger!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see that Leia has a friend

6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    That was a great idea. These two can complete each other in so many ways - one absolute eccentric and one level-headed person. :) But seriously, I want Leia to braid Holdo's hair and Holdo to dye Leia's. :D Pwetty pwease? *puppy eyes*

Also, the slash in the title should be edited, so people don't get the ideas that I think you don't want them to get. Because some probably will.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Ooh, did you start posting already? This is so neat! I can't wait to read more about Holdo's thoughts on the Scoundrel with a Heart of Gold.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ewok Poet -- thanks and yes, that is a great idea about the hairstyles. :D [:D] And the slash in the title! :eek: Thanks for pointing that out. Yikes, I cannot edit anything. [face_worried]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm sure that the mods will edit that for you, given the issue. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Amilyn asked point-blank: "How do you live with yourself, anyway?"

Leia gaped at her. That was forthright, even for Amilyn.

"The NR reps want it all their way and aren't willing to give to get even a little bit! How do you put up with it and go along? Is it worth it? Is this what we fought to bring about, governmental gridlock?"

Leia sighed. In a few short minutes over grilled ocean-caught filets with a buttery flaky breading, Amilyn had gotten to the heart of the matter.

"Frankly, I'm finding it harder by the day. But besides being all I have known for so long I still feel like I can make a difference."

Amilyn gave a derisive laugh. "Will you promise to stop whenever you realize no one's listening?"

"Someone has to be..." Leia said, feeling a strong pang of doubt. She often wondered herself if she was talking to the wall...

Amilyn's eyes were sympathetic. "Don't hesitate to take a step back now and then and see how things really are."

Leia was touched by Amilyn's sincere concern and promised she would.

It was advice such as this that stood her in good stead down the road in her family life.

++++

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  11. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    And if Leia were still with them, she might be giving the same advice to Amilyn. [face_thinking] [face_whistling]

Nice exchange, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha! I was nearly at the end before I caught on that this was further in the past. Amilyn is frank and does not mince words. her directness was well played above. Even in her directness, she cares for Leia's fatigue.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Amilyn is a great friend and true with her words

13. NobodyIX

NobodyIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2018
    We all need those friends to 'tell us like it is' when we're down. Leia has a treasure in Amilyn. Your writing is a ray of 'sweet and warm' sunshine.[face_love] Hope to see more!

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    They're finding out that they have a lot in common after all. :) I'm sure that the balance is not that far away!

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great exchanges between Amilyn and Leia. They have a great relationship.

16. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    [face_laugh]

Sheesh, Amilyn didn't think very highly of the New Republic from early on, did she? That's a piece of sound advice she gave to Leia right there; little did she know that it was rather prescient too!

And yes, she's a real friend. She says something Leia needs to hear, even if it's in her very Holdo! way.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Amilyn sets Ben Solo straight.

She isn't one to put up with poodoo from anyone, certainly not a snot-nosed know-it-all.

When she finds out he has a penchant for Vader memorabilia she tells him "Are you crazy?! They ought to lock you up... your role model is a sociopath who proudly carries ID with Darth on it?"

"You wouldn't understand." He said.

"You're the one who doesn't understand. You're an embarrassment to your folks, you know that?"

"Do you know how it feels to be burdened with their legacy?" He shoots back.

"Get over yourself." Amilyn retorts. "And what kiond of name is Kylo anyway?"

He flushes and storms out of the room, muttering about out of it used-to-bes.

But when he calmed down, he started to think of how his actions and attitude looked from the outside, and just like Amilyn had so outspokenly said, took a good hard look at what he was really looking for and striving after.

What pangs of conscience had been snoozing was woken up, and in just the nick of time.

Some long while later, he approaches Amilyn and sheepishly apologizes for his monumental ego and Gundark-sized chip on shoulder.

She smiles in that radiant way of hers and gives him a hug, quick enough not to embarrass, but firm enough to assure.

"What are friends for, Ben." She says.

+++++

[face_laugh]

That felt good. [face_mischief] :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Glad that Amilyn got what she wanted, I guess. :)

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The years flew by in hard-won victories and nearly fatal defeats.

When Leia lost Han after long years together, with her children and grandlings around her, Amilyn was there to amuse and be regaled with stories of the good ol' days.

"You've been a great and consistent friend, 'Lyn." Leia told her.

Amilyn smiled, "As have you, even when I took up with Dameron, you never even blinked."

Leia laughed and hugged her. "Loving my own Flyboy, that would be too much of a stretch!"

Friends and soulmates are true and indescribable treasures, Amilyn concluded with unabashed sentimental sincerity.

++++

Fin

:D

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Dameron and Holdo? Ooookay. :D Now I have read it all and I can write my Dooku/Jocasta stuff. I am not joking, by the way.

These badass ladies are true, true friends. <3

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Huh. Ya know, as odd as that pairing sounds, I'm interested. What if Dooku did have a relationship with Jocasta Nu? Would she be the grounding influence he needed to keep from falling to the Dark Side? Dookasta sounds like a crack ship, but it could work. Poldo worked.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Good friends can indeed change a life. Thanks for writing this!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    As one who is blessed with irreplaceable friendships, I couldn't agree more. @};- [:D] [:D]

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    amilyn sure gets under ben's skin

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.