main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Keen to see Black Panther soon!

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I ended up seeing the advanced screening of Black Panther and had a great time.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  3. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Saw Black Panther the other day, really enjoyable.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  4. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Haven't been on here in awhile. But some of my favourite movies from the last few months have been:

Blade Runner 2049 - absolutely loved this, almost as much as the original which is my all-time favourite movie.
    Atomic Blonde - Really enjoyed this action/espionage flick. Pure fun.
    The Foreigner - shows off Jackie Chan's actual acting ability. Enjoyed both his and Pierce Brosnan in this.
    and of course:
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi - which despite what a lot of fans think, I actually enjoyed.

5. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Looking forward to seeing:

Red Sparrow
    Tomb Raider
    Pacific Rim: Uprising
    Ready Player One
    Avengers: Infinity
    Deadpool 2
    Solo: A Star Wars Story
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Plus a few more.

6. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I'm looking forward to Solo and Avengers but the rest all look pretty weak to me.

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Not much this year, thought I wanted to see Solo, but I am very disappointed in the chosen actor......I do want to see Jurassic World........and Ready Player one........but not overly excited sadly. :( Was very excited about the end of Rebels!!! That made me sit up till all hours watching and gasping at badly displayed images on You Tube that have since been removed! Sometimes living down here really sucks, wish we could keep up with this stuff down here!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Hmm… looking at the schedule for the next few months….

Tomb Raider - I wasn't a fan until the recent reimagining of the series on the PC/PS4. Looks like the film will be borrowing elements from that and hopefully be just as great.
    Ready Player One - The book was good and Spielberg directing the film so it will be a feast for the eyes
    Avengers: Infinity War - To see how the next phase ends
    Solo: A Star Wars Story - Script by Lawrence Kasdan and his son, Ron Howard took over directing so am curious
    Mamma Mia 2 - The first one was fun and done quite well, hopefully the second one continues that trend.
    Incredibles 2 - My favourite Pixar film is finally getting a followup. Looking forward to that.
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - JP was my SW when I was growing up. J.A. Bayona directing this time, a follow up to Jurassic World and keen on seeing the direction the series will go.

There be more but will see closer to release. Still unsure about Christopher Robin and Early Man but keen for Dark Pheonix and Aquaman

9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Ready Player One - not sure I'm going to see it at the cinema, the trailer didn't grab me. I read the book which was just "okay" for me.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I really want to see that one, so many 80's references!!! Will have to see it a few times to pick them all up!

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Next definite movie for me is Ready Player One. Not read the novel but the trailers, especially the third one hit me right in the nostalgic heart and I need to see this on the big screen.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I enjoyed Tomb Raider. It was more in spirit to the 2013 relaunch of the character and did things that I liked and felt more grounded than how other films would have done. (Trying to be spoiler free in that regard but when you see it, you know what I mean)

Ready Player One shall be next for me. It's a Spielberg film and I am familiar with the book and curious to see how that is translated to the big screen.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I saw Ready Player One and enjoyed it a lot.

Having read/listened to the book before hand and going in… it is different, (in the sense of Jurassic Park film being different from the novel but true to the core…) so it took a little for me to adjust but that is understandable. I think I need to see it again to take it all in.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    READY PLAYER ONE!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG As a Child of the 80's I was transported back to a world I grew up in and loved. And I have spent many years introducing my son to it so he actually got A LOT of the references! PRIDE!!! Hope to see it again soon!

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm seeing Ready Player One tonight. Finally, I get to go to the movies again with the wife.

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I hope you both will enjoy! I want to see it again and take in more of the content but I might wait for the Avengers: Infinity War.

I've also been thinking about the Tomb Raider film and hope that they will do a follow up. Making me want to play the games again.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  17. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    We both loved it, I'd say me more so though. I was grinning from ear to ear throughout it :D I want to see it again to spot more references.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I definitely love to see it again. I might try to before Avengers comes out… if not then probably when it comes out for home release.

This did pop up on my feed and I had not idea they were doing another one. The second one was great.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  19. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Haven't really had the opportunity to head to the cinema lately, but have caught up with a couple of recent movies on Blu-ray.

Thor: Ragnarok - This is my favourite in the Thor trilogy. Doesn't take itself too seriously and we really see a maturing of the character too.
    Justice League - I am a fan of the DC Universe, Batman is my favourite Superhero so I found this rather enjoyable for what it is a Superhero movie. The two standouts being both Batman and Wonder Woman. I do like Ben Affleck as an older Bruce Wayne/Batman and Gal Gadot just nails the character of Wonder Woman perfectly.
    Baby Driver - absolutely loved this from start to finish.
    Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - despite my reservations, this was really enjoyable.

Will definitely be catching the following at the movies:

Avengers: Infinity War - interested to see how they end this phase
    Deadpool 2 - Just cause I loved the first one so much.
    Solo: A Star Wars Story - well, because it's Star Wars.

20. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Easily a nice close together run of cinema visits coming up with DP 2,Solo and IW.

Solo I reserve judgement for but the other two are very unlikely to not fulfil expectations.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Tickets to 'Avengers Infinity War' booked :D

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I saw the Avengers: Infinity War and as much as I want to talk about it, I won't as I don't want anyone to be spoiled.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  23. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Hopefully going to see Avengers: Infinity War tonight.

24. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    We both loved Infinity War, such an epic movie.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Infinity war - OMG.......Mind blown at the ending........there is a lot to digest there..........A LOT!