main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Mellow, Meaningful, and Tender Remembrances. OCs & ECs, Ongoing Ficlet Series.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Catch-up time!

Lor/Nagina: Lovely callback to the scene when they first meet in Azure's story. I awwww-ed at the way Lor compares Nagina to flowers – when she was alive, but also in death after the happy time they had together was cut short. It reminded me of another poem by François de Malherbe, who ended a condolence letter to a friend whose daughter had passed away with:

Mais elle était du monde, où les plus belles choses
    Ont le pire destin;
    Et Rose, elle a vécu ce que vivent les roses,
    L'espace d'un matin.
    (But she bloomed on earth, where the most beautiful things have the saddest destiny;
    And Rose, she lived as live the roses, for the space of a morning.)

Raissa/Doran: Awwww (again)! Raissa in mommy mode is fantastic! I'm so far behind in Raissa's Rebels fics that I haven't had the chance to see her like this yet; I'm still on the image of the stern, clever vice-prefect from the early Raissa/Doran stories and I just saw her briefly berate her daughter in Star-Crossed. But this is so much her: Annina, Nick, missing Mara, but also realising that her daughter is growing up...

2. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Awww! So much [face_love] [:D] @};- This is so Raissa and Doran! Raissa loves her family so much; she'd agree with
    her future son-in-law
    that nothing's more important. It's so sweet how you've captured her feelings about her "little girl" growing up and going out on her own. She's proud of Mara and the young woman she's becoming, yet I can so see how she would be glad that she doesn't have to face that quite yet with Nick and Annina. And Doran...he's so thoughtful and loving here. He's always had that secret romantic side beneath the hard-boiled exterior (so that's where Annina gets in from!) and by now he doesn't have to hide it with Raissa. So sweet of him to bring her flowers (and they're going to have to show up in Teenage Rebellion when Mara comes home!) but even sweeter is the note that comes with it. Such spontaneous love and appreciation is worth more than gold. Annina is so cute here, too; of course she would SQUEE over mushy parents instead of going ewwww. :D

Doran's right about Mara--very Jedi-like advice, there, Master Blayne! And I think that Raissa's ready to accept Mara's choice, whatever it may be.

Thank you so much for this touching tribute to Raissa and Doran; their family may be changing but their love remains as strong as ever as time goes by. [face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much. The Blaynes are becoming heart-&-soul dear to me. [face_love] ;)

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    And not just you. They make a bunch o'us SQUEEEEEE. ♡♡♡

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The Blaynes are becoming heart-&-soul dear to me.

They honour adopt you, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. Or even battle adopt you. ;)

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    YUM!

Featuring diva's Bree and Blue.

~~~!

He was tickling Hanna and Lelila was perched on his shoulders.

Bree watched Blue with their daughters. Her heart swelled with love.

It wasn't too long ago she had despaired of having a normal happy family life. Blue had almost shattered their love and trust with harsh words but their intrinsic love and respect had helped them to move into a time of healing and deeper commitment.

She was thrilled that she could have what her parents had given her and her siblings: a haven of happy warmth.

Blue caught her glance and smiled a slow tender smile that made her heart melt.

As their daughters scampered off he came and wrapped her up in a gentle embrace.

"My own Bree."

"My sweet darling Blue." She whispered back. My true Blue."
    ++++++

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!

An impromptu nummy for @Ewok Poet [face_mischief] inspired by a very endearing memoir I'm reading as well. :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That is some sweet stuff! Thank you! I never could write so fluffy and peacefully. Perhaps I am reading to much thrillers. But see, I work with toddlers 5 days per week for 8 hours. Therefore I need some dark stuff now and again.

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, what a beautiful vignette! Bree and Blue worked so hard to find their peace, to overcome their obstacles; they deserve this little slice of domestic happiness. Blue and his beautiful girls, Bree and her true Blue. @};-@};-@};-@};- Melty.
    Thank you for this.

9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    OIu90WEJCE'0CWKWE!!11!

This was a wonderful surprise for me as well. I adore these two and their daughters are going to grow up in such a loving family. It's a privilege. :)

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Always a treat to see Blue and Bree, and their sweet family too! Beautiful little vignette—thanks for giving these dears some much-deserved happiness after all they've been through. @};-

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. I always adore Bree/Blue.

Now for some sibling stuff. :cool:

Somewhere in a dream, before they ever meet, Luke and Leia sense one another. They romp in the meadows of Alderaan, enjoy the twin sunsets on Tatooine, finish one another's sentences and enjoy Hoth chocolate and Wookiee cookies after school or chores.

Then when they awaken, they feel oddly and inexplicably bereft.

When they meet in actuality -- the mists of those bygone dreams have faded from memory for each, but somehow, the lingering sense of familiarity is still there.

It leads to an instant sense of rapport and of unquestioned and unhesitating sense of trust and safety with each other. They can be their true selves with one another in ways rarely with anyone outside of family.

So, when they discover they are family it explains a great deal and makes he and she both feel they have found their home-place.

+++++

:cool:

12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    They can be their true selves with one another in ways rarely with anyone outside of family.

Knowing some twins I know such feelings can be true, but it is also difficult for outsiders to deal with them. Anyway, well met, dear @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the Bree Blue ficklet
    and the twins Luke and Leia great stuff

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Interesting concept of Luke and Leia seeing each other in their dreams - I believe that it indeed did happen. :)

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Chopper's POV on Kanera based on "Shadow of Doubt"

Chopper had to do a self-cleanse after the "adventure" with Moff Ramier. The assault on his circuits of songs well off key was nothing to the reception of images of a gentleman who thought he was the final word in amorous encounters! Chopper had been ordered in no uncertain terms and in blatantly urgent fashion by Kanan to "shut it off!"

It had been most gratifying to do so.

Then the stormtrooper had come along after Kanan's fumbling attempt to confide in Hera his true emotions.

Then Kanan had FINALLY done what Chopper had been well aware he wanted to do: kiss Hera senseless.

In his unwavering opinion, it was about time.

++++

[face_rofl] [face_love]
    [face_mischief]

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  17. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hi Nyota! Excellent companion piece. Chopper is a much a member of the family as anyone and often times the most unabashedly direct. :p

18. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Awww, so glad you’re enjoying “Shadow of a Doubt” [:D]

Yes, Chopper’s got Kanan’s number, all right...and Hera’s too! He’s well aware that’s what Kanan’s been wanting to do for awhile now, and he’s aware that Hera’s not going to slap him for it, either! Now all that remains is for these two to admit to each other...

Thanks for another sweet “memory”! :kanan: :hera:

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! <3 <3 <3 Once again, I lost the ability to can even.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks oodles! And I have no words to describe my state of blessedness with the Marzra and Blayne verse [face_laugh] ^:)^ Like and they lived happily ever after needs to be for all my OTPs. [face_love] [face_dancing]

21. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    WarmNyota: All very fun pieces, here. :D

Diva's characters are well-crafted, believable OCs who are anything but Mary Sue/Gary Stus, and you bring a presence to them that's =D=.

Luke and Leia - spot-on, as always. The idea that they shared subconscious headspace before meeting makes perfect sense. :)

And Chopper- ! [face_laugh] You've got him perfect, here - too bad about Kanan and Heran in canon. :( But you write them well. :)

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun piece with chopper

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I bet the guy who does the "Rebel" cartoons here in Germany for Disney would love this wee story too.

(Actually met Ingo Römling on Friday. After my husband had ordered me to do Qui Gon & sound bowl in the fitness centre, I had to go to the local library for the "May the 4th be with you" event. Only then, after talking to Ingo, witnessing his magic and eating some stuff plus having fun with happy kids, I was allowed to go to the hospital, sigh.)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This is for @Ewok Poet & @AzureAngel2 & @Ridley Solo because =D= and YUM!

Based on "You Taught My Heart to Sing" -- Cheryl Bentyne -- for H/L

~~~!!

On the anniversary of the loss of Alderaan, Han was at first at a loss as to what to do: should he bring it up, let Leia bring it up, or totally try to distract her? He wanted to be there for her in whatever fashion she needed ... but what WAS that? She was so strong and could be so silently resilient, but she also needed to give herself permission to mourn and also to celebrate the joyous memories of friends and family.

So this particular year, he joined her in the annual commmemoration held on New Alderaan and then surprised her with a trip to a secluded resort world with lush rain forests, crystalline lakes that mirrored the skies above, and flowers blooming in verdant abundance.

They stayed there for a week, and Leia unwound and relaxed. The cares and tensions of work and everything else just melted away as they snarked and did the "touristy" thing.

She laughed and the smile reached her eyes and lingered in her voice.

She said softly as the trip neared its end: "We need to make this a habit. This was exactly what I needed! Who would have thought you could be so thoughtful?" She teased.

"Hey, you wound me!" He teased back.

She smiled and said in all seriousness: "When all I knew was darkness and sorrow, you made me laugh and soothed my heartache. I didn't feel so weighed down with loss and what-ifs."

He hugged her tightly. "That's all I want for you, sweetheart. If anyone deserves it, you do."

A lovely side bonus of the trip was the birth of their youngest -- a girl for Daddy! Han to spoil shamelessly, whom they named Kiala.

++++

:)

25. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    [:D]

Awww! [face_love] Short and sweet. I love that Han just wants to bee there for Leia however she needs him, and managed to be just what she needed.

The tag on the end was just nummy icing on a cute little cake! :D But now I want to know what Kiala is like...her personality, looks...gah! I may have to borrow her for a future fic. The plot bunnies are multiplying! :p