main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I decided to pop on this week and check out the hype over the D.F.A Nightfall handcannon.

After 24 runs, it finally dropped.

Sadly, there are no activities worth using it in.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    24 runs. Jesus. You grinded about eight times as much as I have so far and, nope, I don't think I'll have any lucky drop before reset.

I had heard it was a pretty good pvp HC tho. But pvp doesn't seem to be HC territory anyways. I don't think it ever has been.

3. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    @DANNASUK Any tips? Did you do the 5 minute to the boss technique or just slog through it?

Definitely will be waiting for the next time it's the Nightfall though.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It took me, I think, about 80 undying mind strikes to get an imago loop with a fatebringer roll. So the D.F.A farm was nothing lol

8 minute runs in total.

Run around the centre of Mercury and go straight to the portal. Burn the shield guy and Cabal (which drop from the ships) quickly; skip the entire forest, use supers to clear the enemies at the barrier. On present Mercury, do not fight the enemies - when coming out the portal, turn right and jump down. Follow right up to the edge (under where you jump with your sparrows) and jump across. Once on the other side, your sparrows can now be spawned in.

Once you've done the sparrow section, just run to the boss. Only need one person to get to the room, kill enemies and warp the rest of the team forward. Use grenades and energy weapons on the first and second stagse of the boss. Aim for the head; weakens him quickly and don't focus on the ads (unless you're being over run and need ammo), target the Minotaur when it appears.

Wardcliff coil and supers on the boss. Save all supers for the final boss phase, hit him in the open with all supers then finish off with coil. You should kill him in about 20 secs.

IF done correctly (and no deaths or wipes), you have the NF beaten in under 10 minutes.

BLemelisk likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    So you think your drop chances are improved the faster your run speedrun the NF? I heard someone say in one of the fireteams I was in that the more you ran it without dying, the better your chances were. Sadly, no flawless runs this week. Especially when you consider what an easy, straightforward strike this one is compared to most of the vanilla strikes, which are mostly hot garbage (looking at you, Exodus Crash).

DANNASUK likes this.
  6. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    That sounds to me like some snake oil that guy was selling you. Although, the drop rate is tied to the score modifier isn't it? So that could be what he meant.

Just like the Vault of Glass spirit bloom chest...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Not sure, I think the drop rate was tied to your score.

But, tbh, I think it is easier to burn quickly through the strike than focus on the high score. Three speedruns equal one high score run.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Been playing Iron Banner for the first time since D1 and Crucible at all for the first time since release. Man, what drunk idiot thought 4v4 was the way to go? 6v6 is so much better. Don't like the Iron Banner progression as much as D1s though. Feels like it rewards just persevering rather than actually being good at it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I bet I look like a damned fool playing IB today. Trying to shake off my PvP rust and it’s not going well at all several matches in. Still only at 18 of 25 winning matches. Not a single win yet today. Only at 62% of the melee/grenade kill. Hopefully I can complete those before end of this last S2 bout. Never taken me this long to shake off the rust. Running into walls and shooting in the air. Blah! Also I’m not noticing a single difference in this Go Fast update in regards to Super speed filling up. Still a snails pace imo

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'm getting a couple of supers off each round, so it's marginally better. Wish they hadn't upped the rate of power ammo though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

11. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    Trying to get that chest ornament, I went through 30% last night. I'm using double SMGs to force myself to play up close and on a Warlock. I love it when game challenges force you to adopt a new playstyle.

Not holding my breath for the wins challenge though, I think I had 9 out of 25.

Each time I loaded into a match where the enemy team was clearly a coordinated clan, I figured at least if not a win that's one more match toward that season 2 reward emblem!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I solo queued (as always) and my first match last night was against a full stacked squad. We got curb stomped so badly that Saladbar called the mercy rule. That hadn't happened in quite awhile. I'm on the fence in regards to 6v6 because there's still a lot of team-shooting because the time to kill on most weapons is still garbage. Curiously though I wasn't killed by many Vigilance Wings or Uriel's, so the meta seems to be more varied. Still, I don't think I will persue IB further. The rewards are very underwhelming. I hate the armor design and the weapons are still so meh. I hope, truly hope, Warmind brings something interesting to the table PVE-wise.

13. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I was actually getting Vigilance'd a lot last night but it wasn't like I couldn't counter it. I wasn't playing for range so all my encounters were up close.

When a clan shows up and you're not coordinating with your team then it's pretty much kiss the win goodbye.

And I think the Season 2 Japanese armor looks great, the S1 Mongolian not so much. For a Season 3 IB set, what haven't they touched yet?

D1 we had Western Dark Age and Middle Age, D2 Feudal Japan, and Mongols. They might push a more "contemporary" aesthetic for the armor this time.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  14. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Those topknots are horrendous. Have never seen armor with a topknot.

Completely baffling that Chroma just went away in D2 to.

15. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I was never a Chroma user, except for the white ones for the Age of Triumph armor set at the end of D1 I guess. Actually I was happy to not have to continually delete the chromas from my inventory like I did in D1.

Also:
    [​IMG]
    :p

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    That is painful to look at!!

I’m up to 71% melee and 20 wins. Yay 2 whole wins on day 3.. would be wonderful to get the other 5 today but something tells me that is a silly hope.

BLemelisk likes this.
  17. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm at 85% and need 10 wins still. Can't speak for an easy way to get the wins but I've been using Arcstrider hunter for the melees and grenade kills. Bottom tree and the third grenade with a Lucky Raspberry chest piece. For weapons I'm using the Hero's Burden SMG for Energy slot and Kinetic I have a Crimil's Dagger hand cannon to do some plinking when I'm not right up in the fray. The Arcstrider super kills all count as melees also.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Using Striker with double grenade option. I didn’t know Super counted towards it. May switch to Hunter then.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Of course you need to switch to hunter. It IS the Master Class. :p

I find myself needing a reason to continue grinding IB. Maybe the ship, because I honestly don't care about either weapons or that ugly armor. I found myself last night in the D1 Crucible and it is sooo much more fun. So much so that at the end of one Clash match I found myself with a better KD than some other guys sporting Trials emblems. For some reason I found that extremely satisfying. :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  20. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I used to really dislike the Hunter and now I'm all in on it.

As far as weapons Orimund's Anvil was helping me out a lot last night, it's the Kinetic AR. Four wins to go and all the ornaments are mine.

If you're going for loot packages I recommend getting the challenges on each class whenever you pick the game up to play, you can usually do it in two matches depending on what they are. The ship is cool but not anything crazy special. I think I like the season emblem most of all actually.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Tried Hunter. My % is moving much faster with Titan so I ll stick with that for now. My rust is still thick and it’s very frustrating. Watching my KD ratio emblem going lower this entire time. Hmm

How I wish that IB still came to D1.. would be glorious to feel that true sweat on my brow again.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Sounds like a "new mode" is coming.

An attendee at the summer said they played "20% of it and rate it 6-7.5/10. Need to play more"

Doesn't sound like PVP.

23. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd rate Archon's Forge as 7 out of 10, and I grinded that for I don't know how long. Label me interested.

I'm not sure the thoughts here but I thought Prison of Elders was a freaking blast. 3-man Raid difficulty activities. I guess that's what the nightfall is for now though?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'd like having IB and even Trials turned back on in D1. There's loot still I want from the Lighthouse that I'm never going to get a chance at getting again. And tbh, while absolutely not perfect, pvp in D1 is far more enjoyable.

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    97% 3 wins left. Blah this should only be 1 win left... I had 2 back to back matches last night in which the team got points in the last second. Lost one match by 2pts and the next by 4 pts.

Much loud cursing at my tv screen followed.

BLemelisk likes this.