main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I admit it, I did it (at least partially) to see if there would be a reaction. Took a season, but I finally got one.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    This draft is getting interesting! I love it! :)

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I just go with what the dice tell me....sort of. :p

Trieste likes this.
  6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    *Watches casually while Triestes, Ripleys, and others of purported fame are snatched up in the Limmie verse.*

[​IMG]

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This is all still build up to the Galin S'rily Draft Bonanza that we all know is coming. :p

jcgoble3, Vehn and Jedi Gunny like this.
  8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    You forget that the Draft Bonanza only occurs after the Coruscant Senators win the Cup this year. They're long overdue.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey now, keep it in the Skywalker! :p The order goes, Mercs, Smugglers, Pirates, Officers, then rinse and repeat until the end of time or we get new player characters. :p That means the Pirates are next, and the jcgoble only has to wait one more season before winning his long overdue Cup. ;)

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    My Cup drought can wait another year so long as @jcgoble3 finally gets a Cup this year.

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If we move expeditiously through the final round of the draft, I think an April 22 start to the regular season is very possible. Any objections?

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    None from me. I'd very much prefer not to stretch the offseason to five weeks long.

And both you and @jcgoble3 are asking for trouble by taking my local players. We may be down right now, but the Senators will not forget it. Feeding the beast is not wise. [face_skull]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    jcgoble3, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

Beebo shall protect the Miners. :D

SWNerd11 and Runjedirun like this.
  14. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    Not Beebo!!!!!!

Sent from my comlink using Tapatalk

Trieste likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    As much as it pains me to bring this up, I am completely occupied this Sunday due to family obligations. On top of that, with the 48 hour hold on free agency, I probably won't notify teams picking up players as to who they get until midday Saturday. Given that some people like to post before games and would have their ability to do so constricted by my schedule, I am considering an April 29 start to the season, even though that makes a longer than usual offseason.

Additionally, I would be interested in finding a tool to make the draft easier, much like we've done with postseason award voting. If anyone has any ideas, please share!

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I've been out of the running for perhaps the longest being eliminated one or two weeks before last regular season ended. I am beyond anxious to get going with this season, but I also need time to set my roster and post for the first game, April 29 is good with me.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Whichever date works best for you is the one I support. :p

18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah flexible on my end ;)

19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    April 29 works well for me. I have some virtual paperwork (i.e. roster stuff) to take care of before the season and won't be able to do it until Sunday at the earliest.

I Googled "online sports draft". Filtering out the fantasy mock draft sites (and DraftKings), it came up with a couple of draft tools designed for live fantasy drafts or for youth sports. I rejected one because it requires paying for the highest-level premium service to get control of the draft order (otherwise it's random), but another one, https://www.onlinedraft.com/, looks like it might work for us.

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I’m down with whatever for start date.

As far as making the Draft easier to manage, all I can think of would be to create a Google Doc that everyone has access to. That way one just needs to log in and make their pick. However, we would all have to share our email addresses, which could be a problem. Also, it’s yet another thing we would all have to check during the Draft. It adds a level of complexity to the process.

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks for the opinions on the start date! For my own personal ease, let's set April 29 as the start date for the 290 season. I promise some intriguing headlines (from me at least) to keep things interesting this week. :D

As for draft tools, thanks for the thoughts @jcgoble3 and @Jedi Gunny! I looked at Onlinedraft.com and it turns out unless you're drafting less than 15 things, it's a paid option. Needless to say, if you all can't pay me to be commissioner, we're certainly not going to pay for a tool. [face_rofl] I also agree with Gunny that a Google Doc feels a bit too cumbersome. However, this has gotten me researching some options. I'll pick a few and then do some testing. Is there anyone who'd like to be part of a test group to evaluate two or three options?

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm available for testing as long as I only need to check in once every 24 hours.

And I have a question. Will this new drafting technique take the place of us posting our picks IC?

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It could, depending on preference. What it would do would be keep the draft moving by allowing folks to make picks quickly (it would be ideal if you could set preferences at various points where you ranked players and it picked automatically if you were thinking that far ahead) and then once your pick(s) were in you could do reaction posts. It wouldn't necessarily be in chronological order that posts would go up, but it would allow people to hopefully post quicker.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Do you know why I know the Mercs aren't going to win the Cup this year @Bardan_Jusik? It's because they're going for another bite of the "jogan fruit". They will surely lose because that is their fruit of choice.

Now the Miners? They're going for another bite of the meiloorun. :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That reminds me, I need to add a Meiloorun Bowl one of these days. :p

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.