main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Star Wars Episode III: Fall of A Hero (Prequel AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Deliveranze, May 4, 2018.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Update: Well, this is it. The final installment to my AU Prequels. It's been a ride, creating my own unique vision while also paying homage to the amazingness of George Lucas's PT. I hope you enjoyed it. :D I certainly did. Without further ado, here is Episode III. :p

In case you missed Episode II: A Galaxy Divided, here is the link:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-episode-ii-a-galaxy-divided-prequel-au.50048362/

Star Wars Episode III: Fall of A Hero

22 Years Before A New Hope
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Opening Crawl:

"The Galactic Republic is falling. It has been three years since the end of The Clone Wars, and civil unrest, anarchy, and insurrection has broken all over the fragile galaxy.
    President Palpatine has sent his Republic Stormtrooper Corps to deal with these outbreaks of violence. However, a new movement, known as The Syndicate, has begun coordinated attacks all over the Core Worlds, demanding Palpatine step down as president.
    The Jedi Order, now caught up in the violence, do their best to amend the anger on both sides of this conflict. As civil war appears imminent, it is only a matter of time before the true darkness is revealed..."

Chapter 1: The Shadow Falls

Rainfall was pouring over the city planet of Coruscant. Violent storms, thunder exploding in the sky, lightning flashing across the horizon, set the stage of what was to come. The citizens of Coruscant were uncomfortable. The feeling was all too familiar to them. After all, it had only been nine years since a brutal terrorist attack on Coruscant by The Suns of Freedom set the stage for a galaxy wide war that would last years. But now a new threat was emerging. Similar to the pre-war enemies of the Republic yet evolved. Sure, The Syndicate was just another terrorist group to some. But to others, it was a movement. One that was gaining massive popularity, even in the Core Worlds. The Suns of Freedom and Union were either small-scale threats or external enemies to the people of the Core. But now, the most loyal Republic citizen was joining this Syndicate movement.

In front of the Galactic Senate building, mobs of citizens were protesting against Palpatine. Republic stormtroopers, now wearing helmets that resembled skulls, made the people uncomfortable. The stormtroopers were guarding the Senate building, trying to keep any citizen at bay. Two Jedi Knights, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, were sent by the Jedi Order to observe. Rumor was that Syndicate extremists were hidden in the crowd. The two Jedi had clear procedure to prevent any violent attack from suspected Syndicate members by any means necessary.

Anakin Skywalker, now 25 years old, had matured much since he joined the Jedi. His blond hair was down to his shoulders, long and shaggy. He had grown facial stubble, and wore a black tunic with a black cape. He wore an armored boot and knee brace to protect his mechanical leg, and had gained a scar on his left cheek. Obi-Wan had also aged. His beard started to show signs of greying, and wrinkles from the stress of peacekeeping after five years of brutal warfare. The two Jedi were wearing their hoods, observing the protest from the Senate Luxury Balcony. Stormtroopers had their weapons set to stun, due to the protesting being mostly peaceful.

Anakin looked to Obi-Wan. "Master, I don't sense anything." Obi-Wan was in deep thought, meditating. "Clear your mind, Anakin. There is something not quite right." Anakin observed the holo-signs some protestors held. "Palpatine: President or Warlord?" "Step Down So We Can Step Up" "Where's The Republic if Our Leader is Corrupted?" Anakin was a bit annoyed. He understood people were tired of the fighting after The Clone Wars, but Anakin couldn't imagine protesting against the man who made it possible to end the war. Anakin replied to Obi-Wan. "If an attack were to happen, it would've happened by now." Obi-Wan shook his head. "No. If this Syndicate were to strike, they will wait until we think nothing will happen." Anakin looked at Obi-Wan, slightly perplexed. He then turned to see a masked individual, moving slowly up the crowd. The individual was wearing a spacer's helmet, goggles, and cloth around their face to cover their identity. "Obi-Wan, look!" "I see them." The individual came face to face with a stormtrooper. The soldier walked towards them. "Get back over the line. Now." The individual didn't move. This time the stormtrooper raised their blaster. "I said, get back in.." The individual pulled out a viroblade and cut down the stormtrooper. All of a sudden, gas broke out into the crowd of protestors. The green gas caused several protestors to collapse dead. The individual turned and ran back into the crowd. Mass panic ensued. The stormtroopers all aimed their weapons at the protesters. "Man down! Man down! Troopers, set blasters to kill!"

"No!" Both Obi-Wan and Anakin took off their hoods, unclipped their lightsabers from their belts, and jumped down off the balcony.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Yep, I heard Obi-Wan's voice there for a second. The story looks promising, awaiting the next chapter with interest. Btw. Why does Anakin have a mechanical leg? Did he get that one during Clone Wars, which obviously have taken place also in your AU or did some of the events on Mustafar still happen, but with another outcome? [face_thinking]

Deliveranze likes this.
  3. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Thank you. This scene is reminiscent of the chase scene with Zam in AOTC.

Yep. Anakin lost his leg in my Episode II AU.
    Mustafar doesn't exist in this version. This is basically exploring the prequels if only the OT existed.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 2: The Chase

Obi-Wan used the Force to push several stormtroopers away from the crowd. Anakin used his blue blade to slice into a stormtrooper's blaster. "Cease fire!," yelled Obi-Wan. The stormtrooper captain stepped forward. "We're under attack, sir." "My apprentice and I will deal with the perpetrator. I expect you not to open fire on civilians. Get a medical team here this instant! Help any survivors of the gas attack." Obi-Wan had grown incredibly frustrated with the Republic military since The Clone Wars ended. Palpatine began cracking down on planets, establishing martial law. He had heard reports of stormtroopers harassing civilians, beating them up, and sometimes raiding homes for suspected anti-Republic sentiments.

The stormtrooper captain nodded. "Yes, General." Anakin and Obi-Wan ran into the crowd, looking for the masked assailant. Several protestors noticed. "It's the Jedi! They did this! Kill them!" Anakin and Obi-Wan were surrounded. The two drew their lightsabers. "Looks like we're in trouble...," Anakin turned to Obi-Wan. "Relax, Anakin. We don't have to fight them but we need them to get out of the way." Anakin nodded. "I have an idea" One protestor, an Chandrilan, ran at Anakin. Anakin immediately sliced the protestor's arm clean off. The protestor screamed in pain, and the other protestors began to back away slowly. Obi-Wan and Anakin began moving. Obi-Wan was shocked at Anakin's tactics. "Anakin, that was a foolish move. The citizens are suppose to look up to us, not be afraid." Anakin shrugged. "Hey, you wanted them to back off. I just gave them a bit of...aggressive negotiations." Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. The two Jedi were scanning the area for the assailant. Obi-Wan sensed..."Anakin, drop!" The two Jedi hit the floor as a red blaster shot hit the ground, 2 inches away from Anakin's face. "Sniper!" Obi-Wan looked up to see the masked assailant jump from a low window to a ledge. The gunman was trapped. If they fell off the ledge, they would end up in the traffic of Coruscant's busy night. Anakin and Obi-Wan had their sabers pointed at the assailant. Anakin spoke. "Give up. There is nowhere to run." The assailant jumped off the ledge and landed in an speeder, carrying three more masked assailants. The green speeder took off into the traffic. "Blasted!" Obi-Wan was looking for transportation. "We can't let them get away." Obi-Wan and Anakin saw Dug working on a yellow cargo ship. Obi-Wan confronted the Dug. "Hello there. Is your ship operational?" The skeptical Dug nodded. "Uh..yeah. It needs its ventilator shafts cleaned, but.." "Thanks." Obi-Wan jumped into the pilot seat, while Anakin got into the back. "Hey, wait!"

The Jedi began their pursuit into the traffic lanes.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Danger and adventure seems to follow those two. :) I'm gonna have to go back and read your other AU stories to catch up.

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Lol yep. They can never catch a break.

Please do. :D My Episode I is relatively short and II is hopefully entertaining enough to get pass the length. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 3: Pursuit

Obi-Wan began swerving pass speeders while Anakin was flopping around in the back seat. Anakin hit his head.

"Agh! No offense, Master, but shouldn't I be driving?"

Obi-Wan was focused on catching the speeder.
    "Anakin, now's not the time to criticize my driving abilities." The cargo ship was on the tail of the green speeder, when one of the masked assailants pulled out a rifle and began firing.

The shot hit Obi-Wan's windshield, causing a hole that cracked the glass.

"Blast! This is why I hate flying!"

Anakin grabbed his lightsaber off his belt and jumped to the top of the cargo ship.

"Where are you going!?," yelled Obi-Wan.
    "I got this, Master. Don't worry."

Anakin was on top of the cargo ship and ignited the blue saber. He began deflecting several shots and backed a shot right into the head of the pilot of the speeder. The dead pilot's head fell on the control and the speeder went down, crashing into the Entertainment District. The three remaining assailants began running. Obi-Wan landed the speeder and the two Jedi began chasing through the crowds.

The lights of the Entertainment District were flashing as one of the assailants began to run into a bar. Obi-Wan looked at Anakin.

"I'll take this one."

Anakin saw the other two run into a Twi'lek dance club. "I'll take the others."

Obi-Wan believed the one in the bar was the sniper they were looking for. Obi-Wan walked pass several different alien species. Rodians, Clawdites, and Humans. Obi-Wan noticed one human with a white sheet around his head, carrying a rifle. He thought it was bar security but he realized that it was a bounty hunter. Obi-Wan approached the gunman.

"I see you're looking for someone too..," Obi-Wan nodded in curiousity. The bounty hunter turned to face the Jedi.

"Yeah, something about a gas attack. Republic authorities put a bounty on the assailants."

"Well, the Jedi are looking for them too...uh, what's your name?"

"Dengar," the bounty hunter said with a gruff tone.

Obi-Wan smiled. "Well then, let's find the assailant in this bar. As a Jedi, I have to interrogate him, but you can cash in the reward when I'm done."

Dengar nodded. "Fair enough."

Meanwhile at the Twi'lek dance club, Anakin was scouting the place for the two masked terrorists. "Why does Obi-Wan always get the easy jobs," he muttered.

The two gunmen in the dance club were hiding behind the bar as Anakin approached the bartender.

"Excuse me. Have ya seen two masked men walk in this way?" Anakin noticed the bartender was shaking.
    "N..no, I-I have not." He saw the bartender motioning his eyes to the ground. Anakin understood.

He ignited his lightsaber and the two gunmen popped out with blasters. Anakin cut the first one almost instantly, with a slice under the throat, while the second was down with an impalement to the chest. Everyone in the bar stopped and gasped. They were all looking at the Jedi Knight in fear. Anakin looked around.

"No worries. Jedi business, go back to your fun."

8. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 4: Finding The Truth

Obi-Wan and Dengar were scouting the bar. Obi-Wan noticed a good amount of shady individuals: Mercenaries, thiefs, big shot gangsters. Obi-Wan looked to see Dengar searching the booths.

Never thought I'd have to be working with bounty hunters again, Obi-Wan thought.

Obi-Wan sensed something off about the entire situation. The assailant he was looking for seemed surprise by the gas attack. As if they also weren't expecting it...

All of a sudden, the masked assailant grabbed Obi-Wan from behind, trying to choke him out. Dengar turned to see this, and aimed his rifle at the assailant's shoulder. The shot hit the assailant, who fell over in pain. Obi-Wan started inhaling heavily, trying to regain his breath.

"Thanks, Dengar."
    The bounty hunter nodded. "No problem."
    Obi-Wan grabbed the assailant to his feet.

"Wait outside and call the authorities. I need to talk to our friend here."

Obi-Wan dragged the assailant to a booth.

"Why did you kill all those people back there?"
    The assailant was in pain. "I didn't..."
    Obi-Wan's eyes narrowed. "Don't lie to me. We know you are a member of The Syndicate."
    "I am, but we had intelligence that the president himself would be at the protest to calm the people. We were sent to kill him. We didn't orchestrate that attack."
    "Then who did?"
    "Who do you think? We were set up. Palpatine leaked that intel to us and killed dozens to make it look like a terrorist attack."
    Obi-Wan shook his head. "An inside job? You Syndicate fellows must be crazy." Obi-Wan still was curious.
    "If you were trying to kill Palpatine, why did you kill that stormtrooper?"
    "It was a silent kill to get a better position on Palpatine. We didn't expect two Jedi to be watching..."

The man was holding his shoulder, starting to fade out from the pain. The man then grabbed a capsule from one of his belts.

Obi-Wan continued the interrogation.

"Who is the leader of The Syndicate?"

The man then popped the capsule into his mouth.
    "NO!" Obi-Wan grabbed his arm but it was too late. The man was dead.

Obi-Wan was disturbed by what the Syndicate member said. He grabbed the body and brought it outside. Dengar was there. "What the hell happened?"
    Obi-Wan shook his head.
    "He killed himself."
    Dengar sighed.
    "Hopefully, I can squeeze some credits from a dead Syndicate member."
    He grabbed the body and walked away.
    Moments later, Anakin reunited with Obi-Wan.
    "Sorry, master. The two gunmen gave me no choice. What about you?"

Obi-Wan was still in thought.

"Yeah, he was caught but killed himself."
    "Did you find any information?," Anakin asked.
    "Yeah, they were a Syndicate team sent to kill the president. They said they didn't orchestrate the gas attack though..."
    Anakin was perplexed. "Well then, who did?"
    Obi-Wan was stroking his beard.
    "I'm not sure..."

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  9. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Looking forward to this ride :redsaber::kylosaber:

Deliveranze likes this.
  10. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 5: Tensions

President Palpatine was addressing the Senate, the old man becoming much more worn since taking office. Several senators had noticed bags under his eyes, more liver spots, and his hair rapidly turning whiter every year.

"My fellow senators. I have served this Republic for almost a decade. I have stopped the Jantek Crisis, won the Clone Wars, and now face these cowardly Syndicate terrorists. Their attack on the people of this beautiful democracy will not go unchallenged. I will launch a full-scale military operation to destroy this organization once and for all. The Republic has grown weaker since the war has ended, but I promise, we will become more powerful than any government in galactic history!"

The Senate immediately roared in applause as Palpatine stepped away from the podium.

Flanked by his new red Royal Guards, the President walked into his office to see Anakin Skywalker waiting for him. Anakin immediately bowed.

"Hello, sir."

Palpatine gave a warm smile to the young man.

"Ah, my boy! How are you doing this fine day?"

Anakin smiled back. "Very well, sir. But...I feel a bit troubled."

Palpatine looked concerned. He motioned his guards to leave while he grabbed Anakin's shoulder.

"Anakin, you know you can always talk to me if you need to. What is bothering you, old friend?"

Anakin felt Palpatine's sincerity and was comfortable enough to speak about his concerns.

"Master Kenobi and I were able to interrogate one of the Syndicate members. He told us the Syndicate wasn't responsible..."

Palpatine was mildly nervous, but hid it under his calm expression.

"And you believe him?" Palpatine's eyebrow raised.

Anakin swallowed, looking down at his mechanical leg.

"I..don't know, to be honest."

Palpatine told Anakin to sit in one of his office chairs.

"If there's one thing that is certain, Anakin, the Syndicate was behind this attack. My intelligence agents have run several investigations and all evidence points to them. Are you sure...maybe, Master Kenobi was lying to you? According to reports, it doesn't seem you were with him when he was interrogating the suspect."

Anakin was thinking hard about that but snapped back to his senses.

"No. Obi-Wan would never lie to me. About anything."

Palpatine nodded slowly. "Can you absolutely be sure the Jedi don't hide things from you?"

Anakin wasn't sure how to respond. Before he could, Sim Aloo, Palpatine's advisor, immediately walked in.

"Sir, a package was delivered to you. We had explosive detecting scanners look at it."

Palpatine grabbed the package. "Thank you." He immediately sat down at his desk, unwrapping it until a blue holodisc appeared.

Anakin spoke. "Someone left you a message."

Palpatine pressed play as a pre-recorded hologram of a hooded figure appeared.

"Greetings, President Palpatine. I am leader of the Syndicate. I know you have declared war upon us but you are making a mistake. Your corruption will end. We will destroy your regime that pollutes the ideals of the true Republic. Our revolution will be your downfall." The message faded out.

Palpatine was stroking his chin, in thought.

"Anakin, go to the Jedi Temple. Ask them to retrace the message back to its source."

Anakin nodded. "Yes, sir."

11. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Hmmm, maybe I'm beginning to like this Syndicate. [face_thinking] I wonder who is under the "hologram hood".

Deliveranze likes this.
  12. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 6: The Jedi's Twilight

At the Jedi Temple on Yavin IV, Obi-Wan and Yoda were discussing the future of the Republic and the Syndicate.

"Master, I worry about the Republic's future. Since the end of the war, the Republic had continued to fracture. Anakin and me have had to bring several systems back in line since the "Reconstruction" mission began."

Yoda was walking with Obi-Wan down the halls of the Temple, on their way to the Jedi Briefing Room.

"Hmmm, doubt the Republic and Jedi, do you, Master Kenobi?," Yoda started.

"No, Master," Obi Wan continued, "but the people have become jaded by the Republic and Jedi. Palpatine's peacekeeping operations have caused more damage than good. I've seen civilians on many planets afraid of our military. And the Syndicate was born from the president's lack of care."

Yoda nodded. "I agree. Palpatine's term must end this year, or fear consequences for the Jedi's future, I do."

Obi-Wan was still concerned. "I fear for Anakin's future too."

"Why is that, Master Kenobi?"

"The president has been calling for personal conferences. I know Anakin has always admired Palpatine but I fear the president's influence on him is dangerous. Anakin has become focused on preventing any conflict like the Clone Wars from happening again. And since he destroyed the Sith three years ago, I think he feels he has lost his purpose as a Skywalker."

Yoda interjected.

"But not as a Jedi, I hope."

"Me too, Master."

The two Jedi entered the briefing room where Anakin and Lok Dantos were talking.

Lok turned to face the two Jedi Masters.

"Master Yoda, Master Kenobi, Skywalker has orders from the president to retrace the signal that the Syndicate leader sent. Our scanners indicate the message originated from the Lothal System."

Anakin began to speak.

"We need to contact the President about this immediately."

Lok turned around. "No. The Jedi will discuss this more before we tell the President."

Anakin was suspicious. He remembered what Palpatine said about the Jedi not being trustworthy.

"Why?," he asked. He noticed his own voice sounded a bit accusatory.

Lok walked towards Anakin. "The Jedi Order has been spread thin across the galaxy, Anakin. We need to strategize the possible consequences that can occur from sending Jedi to Lothal. Or do you think the Jedi are in debt to the Republic's leader?" Lok's tone became angry.

"No, Master Dantos." Anakin looked down, frustrated.

"Good. You're dismissed."

Anakin walked out of the room while Obi-Wan walked out after him.

"Anakin! Wait!"

Anakin turned around. "Master, the Jedi need to cooperate in bringing justice to the galaxy. We can't just stand here and wait for the Syndicate's next move."

Obi-Wan was worried. "I understand, Anakin, but Palpatine is not the leader of the Jedi. They will discuss the best course of action and we will act from there. Please...don't tell Palpatine yet."

Anakin looked conflicted, but nodded. "Alright."

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  13. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 7: Arcadia's News

On Alderaan, Arcadia Speedstarr watched the morning sunrise from her bedroom window. King Organa had asked her to help train a new group of Alderaanian Security Forces.

After she had gotten dressed, King Organa knocked on her door. She opened it.

"Hello, Bail."

Bail smiled. "Hello, Arcadia. May I come in?"

Arcadia nodded. "Of course."

Bail walked in and began to speak his mind. "I worry about the way Palpatine is...spreading peace throughout the galaxy."

Arcadia nodded. "I understand. I joined the Republic Navy when Ryasa was in office. After his assassination and the Clone Wars though...I lost faith in his leadership too."

Bail smiled. "I have heard Palpatine has ordered a military operation against The Syndicate and I think it's time we may need to break from the Republic's alliance."

Arcadia was shocked what Bail was suggesting. "What are you trying to say?"

Bail looked down and continued to speak.
    "The Syndicate's leader has contacted me in joining the movement to overthrow Palpatine. Neutral systems everywhere are joining the cause. I know we risk entering war, but I fear that neutrality won't exist if Palpatine is in office any longer."

Arcadia swallowed. "Is that why I'm training new security forces. So you can build up an army?"

Bail shook his head. "No. But now, I think it's the only option we have. I have talked to regional governors of the planet and we are all in agreement. But I promise, once new Republic leadership is restored, we will disband our alliegances to the Syndicate and become a neutral planet again."

Arcadia was still trying to process all of this. "What do we tell Anakin, Obi-Wan, and the rest of the Jedi?"

Bail shook his head. "Don't tell your husband anything, Arcadia, or the rest of the Jedi. I'm not sure if they are ready to be told."

Arcadia nodded in approval, even if she felt terrible about not telling her husband. "I understand."

"Thank you, Arcadia." Bail walked out of her quarters.

Moments later, Anakin's starfighter landed on Alderaan. He hadn't seen his wife in months while on assignment in the Outer Rim. Anakin was greeted by several guardsmen, who walked him to Arcadia's apartment.

As Anakin walked in, the two lovers immediately embraced and kissed.

Anakin had his hand on Arcadia's cheek.

"I missed you so much."
    Arcadia was caressing Anakin's hair.

"Me too. I heard about the bombings on Antar 4. I was worried you had been killed."

Anakin gave a sheepish smile. "Well, Obi-Wan pulled me out the debris."

The two laughed for a moment before Arcadia was looking away. Anakin noticed a bulge in her stomach area. "Anakin...I have to tell you something. I'm pregnant."

Anakin's eyes widened.

"You're pregnant." He repeated the words, looking amazed, excited, nervous, and worried all at the same time.

He continued. "That's amazing! I can't believe we are going to be parents."

Arcadia was worried. She was unsure what this meant for the future. The two would soon end up being on different sides of a conflict brewing.

"What about The Syndicate and unrest in the galaxy?"

Anakin grabbed her hand. "Don't worry, Arcadia. I will make sure the galaxy is at peace for our children. I promise."

Arcadia was at peace with his response but still felt anxious. That's what I thought you'd say.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  14. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 8: The Jedi Discussion

Lok Dantos, Yoda, and Qia Koolo were in the Temple quarters, discussing the news of the Syndicate base on Lothal.

"Move quickly, we must. Palpatine will become suspicious if we hold onto this information any longer," Yoda said in a stern voice.

Lok nodded. "Can we trust Skywalker to hold this information?"

"The boy is strong in the Force and has proved himself a powerful Jedi these past years. We have never seen anyone pass the trials to a Jedi Knight as quickly as he has. If we can't trust Anakin, then who can we trust?," Qia interjected.

Lok looked at Qia with admiration. Qia had worked with Anakin a lot during the Clone Wars and had grown a lot of respect for the boy. Still, Lok believed Anakin was too arrogant and selfish to be a true Jedi. During the voting of Anakin becoming a Knight, Lok voted against it. Anakin had only been a Jedi-in-training for three years at that point. It was way too soon. Unfortunately, Yoda, Qia, and Obi-Wan overruled his vote.

"Who will we send?," asked Lok.

"A strong Jedi is needed. A veteran of the Order," Qia said with emphasis.

Yoda thought of it. "Master Kenobi should go. He has settled many low-intensity conflicts in the past. Believe he can end this conflict before it begins, I do."

The Jedi all nodded in agreement. "Very well," started Lok. "It's settled then. Master Kenobi and Skywalker will head to Lothal to deal with this. In the meantime, contact the president. We shall tell him of our findings."

Chapter 9: Palpatine's Manipulations

Anakin walked into the president's office. Palpatine turned his chair to face the young Jedi.

"Ahh, Anakin! How good to see you. The Jedi have told me the Syndicate leader's message was traced to the Lothal System."

Anakin nodded. "Yes, sir. Master Kenobi and I will lead the invasion if you so desire."

Palpatine smiled in excitement. "Excellent! I will tell the Senate immediately and we will launch the invasion to capture or kill this Syndicate leader."

Anakin nodded in agreement. "Hopefully we will be able to bring peace and order back to the galaxy after this operation."

Palpatine agreed, but he sensed a little trouble within Anakin. "Anakin, you look...tired. What is wrong?"

Anakin knew the Jedi wanted him to be silent about the Lothal information, but it bothered him.

"Nothing. I'm ok, sir."

Palpatine pulled the chair out. "Nonsense! Sit down, my boy. Talk to me."

Anakin sighed and sat down. "The Jedi...wanted me to keep information about Lothal a secret from you when we found out about their location."

Palpatine was curious. "Why is that?"

Anakin shook his head. "I'm not entirely sure. Something about discussing it amongst themselves."

"That seems suspicious, no?"

Anakin sighed. "Yeah, it does."

Palpatine continued. "And they didn't give you any reason not to tell me other than I can't be trusted, didn't they?"

Anakin was silent but Palpatine understood what his silence meant.

Anakin then spoke. "I'll admit, I don't know why they don't trust me or you. Sometimes I feel they are jealous about my loyalty to you."

Palpatine stood up and looked out the office window. "Remember, Anakin. There would be no reason the Jedi should worry about the leader of the Republic unless they were plotting something against the Republic."

Anakin looked down, thinking about the president's words.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  15. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 10: Invasion of Lothal Begins

On Coruscant, the military operations center was getting ready to leave for Lothal. Republic stormtroopers began packing up weapons, vehicles, and other cargo onto the Star Destroyers, General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Commander Anakin Skywalker wached from a control tower. The two Jedi were in awe of the Republic's expanding military.

Obi-Wan looked at Anakin. "Anakin..I know you've been troubled recently, and I apologize for putting you in these situations between the Order and Palpatine. I want you to know I care about you."

Anakin smiled. "Thank you, master. You have been like a father to me, and I am grateful to be your apprentice."

Obi-Wan gave a smile. "How's Arcadia?"

Anakin looked down. "Well...I think I'm going to be a father soon..."

Obi-Wan's eyes lit up. "She's pregnant?"

Anakin nodded. Obi-Wan continued.

"Have you told the Jedi or Palpatine about this?"

Anakin shook his head. "No. You're the first person I've told."

Obi-Wan slowly was pondering about that. Why would Anakin keep a secret from the Jedi. If Anakin is the Skywalker, then his children would be just as powerful. Obi-Wan then realized Anakin was impatient with the Jedi Order. Still, he was also curious that he didn't tell Palpatine.

Admiral Tarkin approached the two Jedi. "Skywalker, Kenobi, the ships are ready for invasion."

Obi-Wan nodded. "Thank you, Admiral."

The two Jedi boarded their command ship, and the Republic fleet took off.

The Republic fleet arrived at Lothal. The Star Destroyers blockaded the planet, causing all ships that leave orbit to be blasted. Obi-Wan and Anakin ran to their hangar, where a transport ship was. As dozens of Republic Transport ships began to land, Anakin and Obi-Wan were looking at their men. The white armored stormtroopers were hungry for combat.

Obi-Wan looked at his company. "Alright men. Today we put an end to this Syndicate. We are entering Capital City to find their mysterious leader." The stormtrooper next to Anakin shrugged. "Whatever gets me to kill some rebel scum." Anakin's eyebrow raised. "Easy, trooper."

The ships landed in Capital City, dozens of Republic stormtroopers began entering the city, breaking into local homes for insurgents. Anakin and Obi-Wan got off the ship, looking for any suspicious activity.

"Looks clear, master," Anakin said while scanning the buildings.

Meanwhile, Syndicate commander Mon Mothma watched from afar. She was the son of Tarn Mothma, leader of the terrorist group The Suns of Freedom. After the Republic defeated the TSF on Aquilae, killing her father, Mon became a insurrectionist during the Clone Wars, fighting both Republic and Union forces. However, after the war, she was approached by the Syndicate leader to become a commander. Since then, she had led countless missions to remove President Palpatine from office.

Mon, wearing black body armor, looked at her Syndicate militiamen, made up of veteran Syndicate fighters and locals.

"The Republic regime is here. Begin the attack."

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  16. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 11: Battle of Lothal

Republic stormtroopers began running down the streets, rifles aimed at anyone who looked suspicious. Civilians ran into their homes, closing their doors and windows.

Stormtrooper Captain Hellaz turned and looked into an alley. "All clear!" He turned to face his Team Sergeant. "Have all men report to the Jedi Generals. We have n-."
    A rocket propelled towards the captain, who jumped out of the way, but the blast threw the team sergeant against a concrete wall, crushing his bones.

"We're under attack!," yelled Hellaz. Several Syndicate gunmen stormed out of several buildings, mowing down the stormtroopers who were standing in the streets.
    "It's an ambush!" Captain Hellaz ran into the alley, coming face-to-face with a masked Bothan. The Bothan pulled out its blaster, but Hellaz punched the Bothan, and drew his D-12 pistol. He shot the Bothan in the chest, and pulled out his comlink.

"General Kenobi, Commander Skywalker, come in! We're being ambushed! I repeat, we are being ambushed!"

Obi-Wan and Anakin were in a Republic Transport ship. The two Jedi were hovering above the city skirmish. They jumped from the transport, and Obi-Wan hit the ground with grace, igniting his blue lightsaber to help support his troops.

Anakin, on the other hand, harnessed the Force within to cause a massive shockwave as soon as he hit the ground, sending several Syndicate troops flying in all directions. One Syndicate insurgent, a human, was crawling for their blaster, but Anakin walked slowly towards the crawling rebel. The gunman turned around. "Please...mercy..."

Anakin remembered what Palpatine had told him years ago.

If the Republic is to find peace, her enemies must be eradicated with the swiftest of justices.

Anakin remembered all the violence he witnessed in the last two years as the Republic fell into a state of anarchy. All the scorched villages, burned bodies, dead soldiers....He heard the voice of the entity that haunted him since he killed Darth Vindis years ago.
    "Show them no mercy, Anakin..." the shadow whispered in his head.

Anakin felt his anger rise. He walked towards the Syndicate soldier, and used his mechanical leg to stomp and crush the skull of the insurgent.

Obi-Wan sensed something dark in his apprentice. A presence that was..controlling him? He wasn't sure, but there was no time to think of that now.

Several Syndicate soldiers charged Obi-Wan, who easily cut them down. A Trandoshan pulled out a R-23X shotgun on the Jedi Master, who easily dodged the blast. Kenobi cut the weapon in half and with a twirl of his saber, struck the Trandoshan on the breast bone.
    Anakin signaled the stormtroopers to push back the remaining resistance. "Don't give them ground! We almost won!"

Anakin sliced his way through the Syndicate rebels and was attacked by a Mon Calamarian with a machete. Anakin wasted no time, and the charging rebel was easily decapitated by Anakin's swing.

Mon Mothma watched from a distance with binoculars. They were losing ground. One Syndicate lieutenant, a Duro, approached her.

"Ma'am, the Jedi are driving us back. He has asked that we not waste time and retreat. The Republic won't find much here. We placed the bombs at the Syndicate compound."

Mon sighed and nodded. "Understand."

She looked at her forces. "Everyone, back to the transports. We will fight another day!"

Anakin and Obi-Wan noticed the Syndicate forces pulling back and running away. Stormtroopers cheered as the Republic TIE Fighters overhead roared, blowing away any Syndicate ships that left the ground.

Mon Mothma's transport, along with several other Syndicate ships, were able to leave Lothal's atmosphere and enter hyperspace.

17. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 12: The Hunt For The Leader

Republic troops and local Lothal law enforcement began helping civilians injured during the skirmishes. This was the first Republic attack on The Syndicate since war was declared.

Stormtroopers were patrolling the streets, looking for and arresting any non-Republic friendly civilians. Anakin and Obi-Wan approached the Syndicate hideout that intelligence reports stated the leader of the organization would be hiding.

Obi-Wan gently stroked his beard. "Something is not right.." His concerns had Anakin raise a brow.

"What do you mean, Master. We drove the Syndicate off the planet. We ended this war before it could barely begin."

Obi-Wan was amused and frustrated by Anakin's naive assumption.

"Anakin, they wouldn't leave the planet if the leader of The Synd-"

The bombs immediately went off, the compound collapsing as civilians began to panic and run. Several stormtroopers were crushed by debris.

Anakin and Obi-Wan's eyes were shocked. A piece of debris was falling, straight towards a young child. Anakin shouted.

"No!" He sprung into action, running as fast as he could and jumped in to grab the child. The piece of debris struck the ground with a thunderous sound, exploding into fragments. Anakin brushed the dust off the child. "Are you ok?"
    The child was traumatized, tears forming in their eyes, but they nodded.
    "Good. Get home, young one." Anakin gave the child a smile of reassurance they would be alright. The kid began running home.

Anakin walked back to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was impressed by Anakin's bravery.

"Good work, my friend. Good work, indeed."

Anakin sighed.

"I can't believe they booby-trapped the compound. They were drawing us in..."

Obi-Wan nodded. "Indeed. Somehow, they were one step ahead of us. They knew about our invasion. But how?"

Anakin sighed. "Maybe...there's a traitor in the Senate or the president's cabinet?"

"Impossible. The Jedi found the location of the Syndicate's base before Palpatine even knew about it. Even after we revealed its location, there would still be very little time to evacuate the Syndicate leader IF there was a mole in the Senate or president's cabinet."

"That means...there is a traitor in the Jedi Order...." Anakin's tone deepend.

"It can't be." Obi-Wan was in denial.

"Master, the only way they would be able to plan for our surprise raid was if someone leaked the information as soon as we decrypted the message's location."

"But only another Jedi could leak or hack the information...especially while we were decoding it..." Obi-Wan felt nauseous. He was disturbed by those thoughts. Who would betray the Jedi?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  18. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 13: Bail Joins The Syndicate

On Alderaan, Bail Organa and his security guards walk into a private control room. Bail presses a button on a panel and a hologram appears:
    Mon Mothma

Bail swallows and speaks. "I have decided on the offer and Alderaan will secretly fund The Syndicate to remove President Palpatine from office."

Mon Mothma smiled. "The leader will be happy to hear this. Unfortunately, my men and I have lost Lothal to the Republic. Luckily, the leader was able to hack into the Jedi Temple to retrieve the information while the Jedi decrypted our message."

Bail was surprised. "I thought only a Jedi was able to hack into the Temple."

Mon laughed. "Well, the Syndicate leader, let's say, had a past with the Order of the Jedi Knights."

Bail was speechless. The leader of the Syndicate was a former Jedi?

"When will I meet him?," asked Bail, with curiousity.

"Not for awhile. You are still publicly an ally of Palpatine, and we need it to look like that. Stay low, King Organa. If Palpatine suspects defection, he will arrest you...or worse."

Bail nodded. "You're right. I will tell my loyal followers of my decision. The Republic shall be restored to the way it needs to be: a functioning democracy."

Mon nodded. "I sure hope so." The hologram faded.

Arcadia walked into the control room. She was a bit nervous. "So..you made your mind."

Bail nodded. "Yes, I agreed to join the Syndicate and covertly fund their operations. Please, Arcadia. Don't tell anyone."

Arcadia was conflicted. Could she hide this information from Anakin? From Obi-Wan? But she realized Palpatine was dangerous and needed to go.

She sighed in agreement. Bail understood the risks. And if he was determined that rebellion would succeed, she was ready to believe in an alliance to restore democracy.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  19. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 14: Obi-Wan's Assignment

As the Republic Transport took off from Lothal, Anakin was fidgeting with his mechanical leg.

"I can't believe a Jedi would betray us..." Anakin was visibly angry. Anakin had been conditioned to believe the Jedi Order served the interests of the people and the Republic, but he was disturbed by the notion that even Jedi could lead rebellions against the government. Especially ever since he joined the Order a decade ago, Palpatine had been warning him about putting trust in the Jedi over the President.
    Obi-Wan was sensing Anakin's frustration.
    "I know, Anakin. It's hard to fathom why. But we had been at war for five years. Six if you count the Jantek Crisis that instigated the war. And a lot have lost their faith in the Republic..."

Anakin looked at Obi-Wan. "What do you mean? President Palpatine has created the strongest military force the Republic has seen in thousands of years. He won the Clone Wars and is helping the Republic rebuild."

"Rebuild into what, Anakin?"

Anakin looked shocked for a moment. He didn't understand why Obi-Wan was so reluctant to support Palpatine.

"Rebuild into whatever it needs to be. Whatever it has to be in order for something like the Clone Wars to never happen again."

Obi-Wan was getting worried. He spoke with caution. "Anakin, the President has been sending troops to worlds to enforce martial law. Even ones who aren't asking for his support. I don't know what he has planned, but I fear that the Republic and Jedi will be no more if he is in office any longer."

Anakin was getting angry. "Obi-Wan, the people who don't want our help are the ones who are trying to kill us! We are trying to rebuild civilization and they are causing unrest and anarchy. Who else is gonna stop them? If the Order fears that Palpatine will end the Jedi, then maybe they are hiding something that makes them worthy to be disbanded!"
    Obi-Wan's eyes widened. Anakin realized what he had just said. "I..Master..I'm sorry. I don't know.."
    Anakin just sat down. The rest of the trip back to Coruscant was in silence.

As Obi-Wan arrived back at the Jedi Temple on Yavin IV, Jedi Master Qia Koolo greeted him as he exited the Jedi Transport ship. Qia smiled at him. "Master Kenobi, welcome back! I hear the assault on Lothal didn't go as planned..."
    Obi-Wan sighed. "Indeed, Master Koolo. The Syndicate leader was nowhere to be found."
    Qia was looking over Obi-Wan's shoulder. "Where's your apprentice?"
    "Anakin is staying on Coruscant. I must speak with Yoda and Lok."

The four Jedi were sitting in the Meditation chambers. Obi-Wan was stroking his beard.

"I believe that the Syndicate leader hacked into our records and was able to predict that we would invade Lothal."

Lok frowned. "How would this be possible?"

Obi-Wan sighed. "I believe the Syndicate leader might be...a former Jedi."

Yoda looked greatly concerned. "A Jedi you say, Master Kenobi?"

Qia refuted. "Impossible. We have no recollections of any Jedi leaving the Order for years. Not even in the archives. And why would an ex-Jedi betray the Order?"
    Obi-Wan shook his head. "I don't know. I have no evidence to prove it but think about it. Who else would be able to get into our decoding of the Syndicate message?"

All four Jedi weren't sure how to answer that question.

All of a sudden, Jedi Master Tano Asquan ran into the room. "Sorry to interrupt you, Masters. We have a new message from the Syndicate leader!"

As all five Jedi ran into the control room, a hologram of the hooded Syndicate leader was there before them. The leader spoke.

"Hello there, Jedi Masters. I know you are hunting for me. I know you want the violence to end. A war is brewing and I am ready to take the first step towards peace."

Lok questioned the hooded figure. "What do you want?"
    The hooded figure continued.

"Negotiations. You will find me on Cloud City in the Bespin System. However I am not foolish. I want one Jedi Master to come without alerting the president. If you dare send a Republic Task Force, I will have no choice but to launch a devastating attack on the Jedi Temple." The figure moved out of the way to reveal a Hydrectobomb, one of the most illegal weapons in the galaxy. The Republic banned the weapon during the 1000 Year War after the Kelon Confederacy destroyed 30,000 cities with only 14 Hydrectobombs.
    The Syndicate leader continued. "It's your choice. Send Master Kenobi to Cloud City or there will be consequences."

The transmission ended.

Lok Dantos and Yoda were alarmed. Yoda spoke. "To Bespin, you must go, Master Kenobi."

Obi-Wan was confused why the leader wanted him. "What if it's a trap?"

Lok spoke. "That's why Qia Koolo will go with you too. He will sneak into wherever the bomb is and defuse it. However, he will have to be stealthy. If they find out we sent another Jedi beyond Obi-Wan, the negotiations could be an disaster."

Obi-Wan and Qia nodded to each other.

Yoda was shaking his head but he spoke the words all Jedi hear when they leave for a mission. "May the Force be with you two."

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  20. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 15: Path To Darkness

Anakin had taken a Core Worlds transport from Coruscant to Alderaan. He felt terrible about what he had said to Obi-Wan. He didn't want to hurt his friend...

He clenched his fist. He realized he felt lost. He knew he was angrier ever since the end of the Clone Wars, ever since his parents were killed by the Sith, ever since his confrontation with Owen...
    And with finding out that the leader of the Syndicate was a possible Jedi...

He flushed the thoughts from his mind. His faith in the Order had become shooken. Anakin felt that the Jedi were up to something. They were keeping things from him. And holding his relationship with Palpatine against him.

Anakin asked himself why he didn't tell Palpatine about the Syndicate leader's possible former affiliation with the Jedi. Maybe he wanted to believe that both Obi-Wan and him were wrong. Or maybe because he knew what Palpatine would say:
    The Jedi can't be trusted.

Anakin was holding on. Holding on to his faith in the Order regardless of the voice in his mind that kept doubting.

As Anakin arrived on Alderaan, he exited the transport and headed to Arcadia's apartment.

Chapter 16: Faiths Divided

Bail was in the control room, talking to a hologram of the Syndicate leader, still wearing a hood to hide their identity.
    The leader was talking. "General Kenobi is on his way to Cloud City. I will try to lure him to our side. Do you trust him?"

Bail nodded. "I do. He saved my kingdom from a coup during the Clone Wars. He's one of the few Jedi I completely trust."

The hooded figure nodded. "You choose your friends well, King Organa. Head to Cloud City in the Bespin System and we will meet face-to-face. A familiar face might sway the Jedi's mind."

Bail nodded. "I'm on my way." The hologram faded out. Bail turned to Captain Antilles.
    "Tell Miss Speedstarr to help prepare my ship for a trip to Bespin." "Yes, sir."

Arcadia was in the Royal Alderaanian Navy hangar, helping to prepare King Organa's trip to Cloud City. She wasn't sure why Bail was headed to Bespin, but she assumed it had to something about the Syndicate. She was still uncomfortable with the whole situation. She felt treasonous and knew Palpatine, or even Anakin, would retaliate against her if they found out about Bail and her plotting against the Republic. She had served most of her entire life in the Republic military and with war brewing, she felt uneasy about being responsible for helping Syndicate pilots kill the same people she had served with....

Captain Antilles ran towards her and interrupted her thoughts. "Arcadia! Anakin Skywalker has arrived. He is waiting in your apartment."

Arcadia ran to the apartment and opened the door. She met Anakin's gaze, and the two embraced. "Anakin! What are you doing here?"
    "I just came to see how you're doing and how the baby is." Arcadia put her hand on her stomach. "Some kicking, but nothing worse than being shot at in a TIE fighter," she teased. He gave a brief laugh and then became serious.

"I suppose ya heard that the President is launching an operation to hunt for the Syndicate leader."

Arcadia looked down and nodded. "Yeah, I've heard."
    Anakin continued. "Then you must know that the Syndicate has been recruiting lots of neutral systems to their cause, recently."
    Arcadia was suspicious. "What are you trying to say?"
    Anakin shook his head. "Nothing, nothing. I'm just saying maybe keep an eye on King Organa."
    Arcadia was angry. "You think Bail would betray his alliance with the Republic?" She realized she sounded very accusatory.
    Anakin seemed a bit taken back by Arcadia's anger. "No! Arcadia, I'm just saying be careful. Our enemies are becoming hard to find. The line between friend and foe is blurring in these times. I just want the Republic to be intact after the chaos of the last decade."
    Arcadia frowned. "And how do you know the Republic will remain intact with Palpatine in office?"

Anakin's eyes narrowed. "You're sounding like Obi-Wan. Palpatine is a friend and mentor to me. He has ended the largest war the Republic has seen in years and is trying to strengthen the government. Why are you so against that?"

Arcadia sighed. "I'm not, Anakin. I want the Republic to be as strong as you do. But I want the choice of democracy to still be an option. And with Palpatine closing polls, and shutting down opposition, I don't think that choice is there no more."

Anakin looked disappointed. "Maybe we don't need that. Maybe we just need one leader to help the Republic." Anakin turned and stormed out of her apartment.

Arcadia was worried. Something was wrong. Anakin wasn't acting like himself. She knew he had changed since his parents died on his homeworld of Gardia, but she didn't realize how much Anakin cared about the Republic's future. Maybe it was because ever since he killed the Sith on Bakura and fulfilled his destiny as a Skywalker, he needed to find another purpose as a warrior. And maybe Palpatine was giving him that purpose....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  21. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 17: The Pieces In Place

President Palpatine watched the sunset of the Coruscant skyline. Everything was proceeding as planned. Most of the Senate had accepted Palpatine's decisions to send military fleets to police neutral systems and absorb the Republic's remaining planetary defense forces into the official Republic Army and Navy.

And with all corporate powers under his control, trade routes being blockaded by his forces, and any remaining resistance to his rule being stomped out, it was only a matter of time before he would have complete control of the galaxy.

Admiral Tarkin entered his quarters. "Hello, sir."
    Palpatine swiveled his chair around. "Ahh, Admiral. Pleasure to see you. What do you have to report?"

Tarkin pulled out a holopad full of records. "Well, Project: Death Star is underway. We have a team building the structure in the Unknown Regions, away from the Senate."

Palpatine smiled. "Excellent. And what about the Syndicate?"

"We have destroyed a Syndicate outpost on Boz Pity. No sign of their leader, unfortunately."

Palpatine nodded. "Well then, keep the hunt going. You're dismissed, Admiral."

Tarkin bowed and walked out the room.

Before he could turn his chair towards the skyline, he sensed someone else approaching his office. He turned to see Anakin storming in, the trouble on his face giving Palpatine confidence in his ability to shake Anakin's mental state.

Anakin bowed. "Hello, sir. Is it ok to visit at these hours?" Palpatine smiled. "Of course, my boy. I am always here when you need me. How can I help you? You look exhausted."

Anakin sighed in agreement. "I know. I'm just thinking too much lately. The Jedi and my wife...don't seem to trust you. They believe you're taking away democracy from the Republic."

Palpatine looked disappointed at first, but then relaxed. It made Anakin feel more calm about the situation. Palpatine then began to speak.

"My boy, I assure you, I would never take away the freedoms of the people. I was elected to serve the Republic. The Senate voted for me, gave me these powers, and I plan to secure the galaxy from the destruction and violence that had permeated this Republic for years."

Anakin felt reassured. "I know, sir. You're right. I just wish they could see your intentions."

Palpatine laughed. "Oh, do not worry about them, Anakin. Actions speak louder than words. Once we find the Syndicate leader, I have no doubt they will have faith in my leadership."

Anakin gave a smile. "Thank you, sir. I have to head back to the Jedi Temple. Hopefully, they have a trace on the Syndicate leader."

Palpatine understood. "No problem, young friend. Whatever they find, I trust you will tell me."

As Anakin walked out the door, the doubt lingered in his mind.

Trust. Palpatine trusts me. The Jedi don't.

Anakin also realizes he hasn't told Palpatine about the Jedi not wanting to tell the president about the Lothal mission until they decided they wanted to.

Trust. Who can I trust?

22. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 18: Obi-Wan Arrives on Cloud City

As the Jedi Transport entered the orange atmosphere of Bespin, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qia Koolo spotted Cloud City. "There," Obi-Wan pointed. As the transport got closer, a transmission was beeping on the transport's console. Qia pressed the acceptance button. A voice was heard. "Welcome to Cloud City, General Kenobi. The Syndicate has asked that you land at Platform Seven."

As the transport landed at Platform Seven, Qia looked at Obi-Wan. "I'm going to hunt for this weapon, Master Kenobi. I'll try to remain low, once I locate and disarm the weapon, you take the leader into custody." Obi-Wan nodded. "Hopefully this all goes smoothly," Obi-Wan said, stroking the hair on his chin.

Obi-Wan exited the ship and was greeted by two Syndicate gunmen. The Syndicate soldiers had black uniforms, tactical goggles, and old, pre-Clone Wars TIE pilot helmets.

"Welcome to Cloud City. Are you alone?," asked one of the soldiers. "Yes," Obi-Wan said confidently. The soldier wasn't buying it. He tapped his co-hort. "Look on the ship for any unwanted cargo." Obi-Wan tensed up but remained cool.

The soldier entered the ship and walked out. "Nothing here, he's clean." Obi-Wan sighed with relief. The other soldier nodded. "Alright, follow me."

Obi-Wan followed the Syndicate rebels, passing by armed gunmen and women. Obi-Wan saw two Syndicate members repairing an X-Wing on another platform. One of the soldiers Obi-Wan was following began to speak.

"This is the homebase of the Syndicate since the Republic began hunting us down. We are basically former Suns of Freedom, Union, and mercenaries working to remove Palpatine from office." Obi-Wan smirked. "Indeed. You've created an impressive armada from little you have."

The soldier looked back. "Well, we scout for resources constantly. Luckily, by recruiting neutral worlds, we were able to get better funding for equipment and ships." Obi-Wan shook his head. "If war breaks out, you think you can hold your own against the Republic?" The soldier smiled. "You'd be surprised how many allies we have, General."

The soldiers entered a room with a table. A hooded man was looking out the window. The man turned. "Ah, hello Obi-Wan. It's great to see you again." The Syndicate leader removed his hood. Obi-Wan fell into shock. "No..it's you..." He could barely get the words out.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 19: Growing Distrust

Anakin arrived on Yavin IV. As he walked into the Jedi Temple, he sensed something. Obi-Wan wasn't there.

Where did he go? To Alderaan?

Anakin saw Lok Dantos walking the halls. "Master Dantos.." Lok turned to face the young Jedi. "Skywalker, I hear you were on Coruscant. Welcome back," Lok said with a cold tone.
    "Where's Obi-Wan?," asked Anakin.
    Lok didn't blink but he was quiet. Anakin knew there was distrust and caution in Lok's thoughts.
    "On a recon mission in the Mid Rim. He's looking at a supposed informant who may have the location of the Syndicate leader."
    Anakin frowned. "You're lying to me.."
    Lok's blank face turned to minor concern.
    "Stand down, Skywalker."
    Anakin was gritting his teeth but remained in composure. "Where is Obi-Wan?"
    Anakin was clenching his fist.
    They don't trust you, Anakin.

As Lok Dantos put his hand on his saber, Master Yoda walked in. "Both of you! Stop this at once!"
    Lok calmed down but Anakin was still on edge.

Yoda looked at the angry young man. "Kenobi, to Bespin he went. The Syndicate leader, there he is."

Anakin was frustrated. "He went alone? Without me?!"

Yoda continued. "The Syndicate leader wanted one Jedi only. A destructive weapon, they have. Master Koolo also went."

Anakin was confused. "Why not tell the President? We can send some Republic reinforcements!"

Lok interjected. "Too dangerous, Skywalker. Two Jedi Masters can handle this situation."

Anakin sighed. "I think we're making a mistake here." Anakin walked away in disgust. The two Jedi Masters looked at each other with worry on their faces.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  24. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Warning: If ya haven't read Episode II, this is a spoiler.

Chapter 20: The Syndicate Leader Revealed

Obi-Wan stared in shock as he looked into the Syndicate leader's face. It was his old mentor and friend, Jarob Bachaus, the Jedi Master who disappeared in a raid on the Union HQ during the Battle of Bakura. Obi-Wan thought Jarob was killed in the explosion that wiped out a large amount of Republic troops. Obi-Wan felt responsible for months after his supposed death.

"You..it can't be..." Obi-Wan felt a tightness in his throat. He could barely comprehend what he was seeing.

Jarob motioned the Syndicate guards to leave. It was just Obi-Wan and him. "Obi-Wan, it's been awhile..."
    "You're dead..I saw you die!"
    Jarob gave a smile and shook his head. "No, my friend. I survived the blast, threw me out the window into the canopy below. I was lying there for days, using the Force to keep me alive. Luckily, a group of freedom fighters found me and rescued me. When I recovered, I met their leader: the daughter of Tarn Mothma."

Obi-Wan gasped. "You mean The Suns of Freedom leader?"

Jarob nodded. "She told me about why she fights against the Republic, why Palpatine needs to go, and why I was fighting for the wrong reasons. She was right. The Jedi have become agents of corruption and the Senate. Yoda, may the Force be with him, has lost his way too. And that's why I asked you to come here."

"You want me to join you...," Obi-Wan started.

"Yes! You understand more than anyone how dangerous Palpatine is. He will destroy the Republic, destroy democracy!"

Obi-Wan shook his head. "And you have a weapon of mass destruction to hold the Republic hostage."

Jarob was silent for a moment. Obi-Wan sensed some remorse but it faded. Jarob then continued.
    "Millions can die for a cause worthy to die for. Things don't change unless sacrifices are made. A true Jedi would know that."

"A true Jedi would try to preserve life, not kill an entire planet for ideological differences!," Obi-Wan yelled.

Jarob sighed. "Please, Obi-Wan. Don't make me have to kill you."

Obi-Wan never thought he would hear a friend say that. It wouldn't be the last time...

25. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Chapter 21: Anakin Reveals The Truth To Palpatine

Anakin ran into Palpatine's office, panting heavily by the time he reached the crimson carpet.

"Sir!" Anakin hesitated. He knew he was betraying the Jedi by revealing the location of the Syndicate leader. However, keeping these details secret from the President was dangerous. Especially, with his friend involved.

Palpatine saw Anakin's nervousness.

"Is everything alright, son?"

"Your excellency," Anakin continued, "The Jedi have located the Syndicate hideout on Bespin. Obi-Wan and Master Koolo were sent there to capture him. Apparently, they have some kind of weapon they plan to use against the Republic."

Palpatine stood up from his chair, and looked at Anakin sternly.

"Thank you for telling me this, Anakin. This is truly a crisis. I will send our forces immediately."

Anakin looked down. He knew he would be in trouble once the Jedi found out.

Chapter 22: The Republic Invades Cloud City

Four Republic Star Destroyers left Coruscant, hundreds of stormtroopers ready for combat. Admiral Tarkin was leading this operation. Soon, they would end this destructive conflict before it could begin. Tarkin didn't want another Clone Wars. As the ships entered the orange atmosphere, Republic TIE Fighters zoomed in on Cloud City, unleashing a barrage of laser fire at Syndicate cruisers. Syndicate X-Wings took off to engage the Republic. Between the green and red laser fire, Republic Transports landed, the white-armored soldiers storming out, firing at the rebels. A squad of stormtroopers were immediately mowed down by an insurgent heavy gun. The Battle of Cloud City had begun.

Jarob looked out the window to hear the sounds of the TIE screeches firing at his troopers.

"So...you betrayed me, Obi-Wan?"

"What!? No, I didn't send the Republic here! I swear!" Obi-Wan put his hand on his saber ready for Jarob to attack him, but Jarob remained silent for a moment. Jarob then turned to face his former apprentice.

"Then it was the Jedi who was on your transport. Either way, you betrayed my trust, Obi-Wan. I will have to make you pay for this." Jarob put his hand on his saber. Obi-Wan would have to think fast.

Meanwhile, Qia Koolo was searching in the Syndicate vault for the bomb. The vault was stacked with ammo, armor, and other weapons. He used the Force to knock out both Syndicate guards, but he heard the sounds of blaster-fire above him. He knew something was wrong. "Where is it?," he muttered. A revelation hit Qia at that moment:

The Syndicate was bluffing. They didn't have the Hydrectobomb.

Qia tried to contact Obi-Wan immediately.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018