main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm glad you guys liked it. I was a little nervous after seeing the lukewarm review tf.n gave it. Looking forward to tomorrow!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw Solo this morning. It's a romp. I definitely want to go again - maybe after this coming week. (The kids are off school and the cinema will probably be crowded).

firesaber likes this.
  3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The only sad thing with Solo is that I didn't get any costume inspiration from it. I had hoped to bring something from Solo to Chicago.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The leading lady in the cape didn't inspire you?

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's gorgeous, but I can't see myself as her.

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Had a great time at Solo Wednesday night. The new leads really impressed me more than I thought they would and that tease/cameo really got me excited for where these stand alones might go next!

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I really liked it. Seeing it again today. I hope they pay off that one reveal.

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I liked it. I think for the kind of movie it's supposed to be, they pretty much hit it out of the park. I have my particular criticisms that I'll be discussing in the Solo threads. But overall I thought it was very good.

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It's not without problems, but I thoroughly enjoyed Solo. Legends references alone my day.

That said, it's not the most memorable of SW films, so I see why there wasn't a Celebration this year or a mega promo event accompanying it, as for Rogue One.

10. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Flying too.... long walk from WA. State!

11. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    As for Solo, here , the Seattle times gave it 2 stars I haven't seen it yet, but hope to do so. from what I've seen, there aren't too many aliens anymore(memorable) I like Rogue One since it was a good tie-in to the trilogy, a little fast at the end, but good. G.L. was better at naming aliens , planets and persons than Disney inspired movies, What do you think?

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Therm Scissorpunch

13. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    You're talking about the Teras Kasi, right? I, too, am hoping for a sequel to that game.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  14. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
  15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like someone has a sweet tooth.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Guard the Kyber crystals!

18. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    How many of you remember the first Orlando Cele.? Did you camp out there? I did, on the pavement in front of the convention center, exciting! I took notes on that camp out. Who do you think would be at this upcoming Cele.? I'm wondering because Disney has been sort of keeping it's celebrities at bay for Celebrations(autographs, etc.) Who do you want to appear?

lovelucas likes this.
  19. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm hoping to see some of the actors from Solo (the actor who plays Chewbacca now is probably a given, Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, etc...I imagine the main actors would command similar prices to what Felicity Jones was asking at the last Celebration). I could also see Kelly Marie Tran signing (she hasn't been in anything other than TLJ, and from I've gathered from social media she doesn't seem above interacting with fans in that way).

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Boyega signed at a con earlier this year ($200) so it's possible they may let him do Celebration. Most of the new ones will be Solo actors I'm sure. Suatamo does a lot of cons, so I'm sure he's a given. I'd say a couple of Ehrenreich, Glover, Newton, Waller-Bridge and Bettany. I'd be surprised if Clarke or Woody signed.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  21. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    That would be a surprise! having all the new persons there! and having OfficialPix too! better start saving for those photo-ops and autographs!

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Some Resistance cast members are a good bet too. As a Community fan, I'd be thrilled if Glover and Jim Rash are there.

23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'd love to meet Glover and have something signed. This will be my first celebration. I'm really looking forward to it!

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Nice!

Gamma626 likes this.
  25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Indeed!! I had tickets to London, but sadly couldn't make the trip out to be there. Chicago is only a couple hour drive from me, so no excuses this time! :D