main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Gallery Star Wars Concept Art by SideZeo

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SideZeo, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SideZeo

SideZeo Jedi Padawan

Jan 22, 2018
    A full dump of concept art for a Star Wars related project I'm working on. If possible I'll expand this with new ones I make. As said, its mostly concept art and scribbles, for stuff I thought up; from factions, banners, and guns to armour, different classes and ranks.

I'd be very happy to hear feedback on my stuff.

[​IMG]
    Concept art for marines of one of my factions. The whole idea is for modular, relative basic/cheap armour. This is the most visible on the guy on the right, as I tried to give the feeling of his armour being scrapped together from actual heavy armour that would be distributed towards the soldiers.

[​IMG]
    With this I went to a bit of an extreme with the whole modular idea. There aren't any dedicated medics, the guys just paint the armour, grab some painkillers and bacta and run out on the field. The one to the right side is to show how ruffed up the average soldier on the front line would look like (to give context, their fighting Killiks, that's why the armour is filled with scratches and cuts, due to the Killiks using melee weapons)

The next two are for more of an elite/zealous branch of the main faction. I wanted to give them a more ceremonial look, due to the higher stature

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Besides Soldiers and Elites, I also tried myself on some Police or SWAT-like Troops
    [​IMG]

The banner of the so called "Grey Empire" - all of the guys above belong to this faction. Don't know how good I'm with flags and banners, but I tried my best to show some symbolism

[​IMG]

Below there's some guns I made for the newer factions and time. The main inspiration was the fact that in the OT they mainly used WW2 guns as models, so I thought to use modern weapons as references to kinda show advancement in technology

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And lastly, just for fun I tried myself once on a cover. Not really traditionalist (with the lineup of characters), because I suck at faces
    [​IMG]

As I said, this is all mostly just concept art and scribble material, to visualize my thoughts and get a better grip of how it would actually look. I'd be interested, can any of you guys actually imagine this stuff in Star Wars? I deliberately tried to avoid simply copying Stormtroopers or Clones and giving the whole thing a bit of a new spin.

[​IMG]
    Thought I'd also add this badboy to the list. If you've ever seen this somewhere used as a thumbnail or wallpaper, then now you know its origins. I made it back in 2015 and posted it to Deviantart. If I remember correctly one of the Star Wars Theory Channels used it in their video or even as a thumbnail and from there it seemed to just boom and spread about. For those that wonder, this was made with Garry's Mod and some Photoshop magic.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Cool stuff. I especially like all the detail in the different weapons and armor.

3. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I really like the detail that you have put into the armour and weapons - they are very impressive :)

4. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    These are so dynamic!=D= The details and sense of proportion really come out and in particular, I like the shading to make them a muted 3D effect.