main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Solo

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, May 16, 2018.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    What are everyone's thoughts on what they've seen from the trailers? Have you bought your tickets yet?

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I am excited to see it though I haven't got my tickets yet. Considering where and when to see it.

They are holding a special fan event at the Entertainment Quarter, on the Wednesday night, where they be having a Falcon Formation and a chance to see the film a few hours before the midnight opening. Further details on this page.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  3. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Booked my opening day tickets last night. It won't be extravagant like yours. I wish we had events like that though over here.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am glad we are getting special events like that and hopefully it'll be more wide spread for the next instalment.

I still haven't got mine yet… I think the plan be to have dinner out before the film and will lock that in when that's sorted.

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Did you end up going to the Falcon Formation event?

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I didn't get to but saw the footage from it on the site.

I ended up going on opening day in the evening after dinner out. I enjoyed it and had fun. I want to see it again.

What did you think of it?

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I posted this on Twitter after seeing it. I loved Solo, it was a lot of fun. Smaller scale and character driven compared to the chapter movies, great action sequences, everyone did well in their roles, I enjoyed the OST and the nods to the galaxy in from the other movies. I thought Ron Howard did very well, even more so considering he was left with a troubled production, re-shot up to 80% of the movie with only a few months left before release. This movie is exactly what I needed after the sour taste that TLJ left.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I loved it!!! Went in with very low expectations and came out very happy. See TLJ wasn't a sour taste for me........Yoda hid away and faded out, Obi Wan hid away and faded out..........Luke was just doing what good Jedi do. Fact is, its a movie and SW and that's all I needed.

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I received the Solo OST in the mail yesterday and I've been listening to it. It's been a great listen so far :)

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Definitely love the soundtrack. I think John Powell did a great job and is neat that John Williams did a theme for it.

Khalia Octa and Jedi Daniel like this.
  11. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    I liked all of the music and editing. And the lighting in scenes worked really well. Tbh, I thought it wasn't gonna be great as well, but was pleasantly surprised. Saddest part?
    When L3 died [face_laugh]:_|

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I saw it twice. Loved it

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  13. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Was genuinely in and enjoyed the movie! So rare for a genuine surprise for me! at the end! Wow!
    The only part that got me analytical was the Music Swelling when Han did "Han" things, like that was bit lame. Other than that, totally enjoyed it!

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It was a roller coaster ride we did not expect and so many I've spoken too have said 'heard it was going to be bad so didn't see it'. Big Mistake!!!! Why can't people form their own opinions instead of listening to boffans who think they know better than the average person? I encourage people to see it and make their own call. 9/10 say afterwards, 'thanks for making me see it, it was great!'

Sent from my data pad in my private quarters.

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I want to see it again. The estimated home release is around September. Not long to go since Infinity War is coming out at the end of this month.

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Glad I saw it twice, but its still in the cinemas here..........

17. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Can't wait for the Blu-Ray release :)

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Can it be October 3rd yet? I really want to see this movie again :D

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've picked up the Art of Solo book and looking forward to having a proper look through it.

I'll be getting the Digital copy of the film next Wednesday and we got Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom the week after.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  20. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Can't wait for both movies actually. I need to pick up a copy of the Art of Solo, waiting for it to drop in price.