main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Jedi Yoda too! LOTS of prequel love lately! I hope a Padme is next.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    We can certainly dream!!!

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    CaptainHamYoyo and cathiecat like this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm wondering if they're going to show us AOTC Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme for SDCC. Mace Windu and ROTS Emperor probably are coming too.

cathiecat likes this.
  5. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'm hoping not. Feels too early to reveal another obi-wan when the current one is still a year out. Padme, Jango, and mace would be my wants for this comic-con...

But I'll get the prequel ones regardless. So who am I kidding. :D

PadmeLeiaJaina and cathiecat like this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think they already did a Jango, it's why we're getting attacked w/ so many "other" characters. They started w/ all of the different kinds of clones and armored figures and now they're left w/ everyone else.

Correction - I guess Sideshow made him, not Hot Toys. So yeah he could be in the pipeline...which would be fine, he'd be a 'must skip' in my book :p

7. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, I missed out on that sideshow Jango. He was going to be my first 1/6th scale. They sold out of the deluxe (with Temura head sculpt) so I went with the Hoth Han by sideshow instead. A hot toys Jango would be a homecoming of sorts for me. Although I'd be lying if I said I'd choose him over Padme or Obi-wan. Those two come first. Same for if they announced another Anakin, or and Ashoka, or something.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I was thinking - they really could do tons of Jedis and Jedi Masters also. I never got Sideshow's Aayla Secura, she's been one of my holy grail figures (along w/ Jabba, Greedo, Lando, and Hammerhead) that I missed from Sideshow. It would be awesome if Hot Toys made her w/ their seamless bodies. I really would love a Luminara also. I do have Kit Fisto so I don't need another one of him....I love my Kit Fisto.

9. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'd be down for that too. I'm a huge clone wars fan, so I'd be interested in the Jedi masters getting more figures.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I just bounced up my last ROTJ Luke pre-order payment to hit tomorrow, so I should get him Saturday or early next week!

I'd be really excited (not my wallet though) if they really dove into doing more prequel figures. I would love a Clone Wars General Obi-Wan. I have the Sideshow General Anakin but not Obi-Wan.

I would love to see Hot Toys work their magic w/ Aliens. They've made awesome Groot and Rocket figures, I would think aliens would be a fun challenge for them.

My top wishlist (please distribute over many, many years....theme here - I want good guys and aliens):

Prequels
    Queen Amidala - Red Throne Gown.
    Padme - I would take white outfit Padme's but I would prefer them going bold and doing her in a gown (they did Beauty and the Beast Belle and ANH/TLJ Leia - gowns are NOT off of the table.)
    Anakin - AOTC
    Luminara/Barriss Offee
    Aayla Secura
    Shaak Ti
    Bail Organa
    Jar-Jar - yep I said it, I'd love to see what Hot Toys could do w/ Gungans
    Qui-Gon - I have the Sideshow version but it can vastly be improved on
    Shmi/Ani - yeah I know it'll never happen, thankfully I have my custom of Shmi
    Mace Windu
    Ki Adi Mundi

OT
    Lando Calrissian - ESB, General, Skiff Guard (Lando needs more love)
    Momaw Nadon - Hammerhead
    Greedo
    Ponda Boda
    Snaggletooth....really I'm open to most Cantina scene aliens/characters
    Cantina Band
    Wompa
    Tusken Raiders
    Ewoks - multi pack - they could do Leia in her celebration dress w/ Wicket
    Leia - Bespin suit
    Han - Bespin
    Luke - Hoth (I missed the Sideshow version of him)
    Gamorrean Guard - I love my SS version but I love those big green pigs and will always take more.

New films/Other:

Cassian Andor - really, how did we NOT get him?
    Bodhi
    Mon Mothma
    Leia - General
    Rose Tico - screw you haters.
    Qi'Ra
    Lando
    Anakin - trials Clone Wars
    Anakin - General
    Obi-Wan - General
    Ahsoka

I wonder if they're holding off on anyone to surprise premiere at SDCC.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Gamma626 and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  11. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    That's a pretty great list, and I'd end up buying most everything on it, lol. As far as SDCC, I'm hoping for a Lando reveal. Which Lando you ask? Both. Both Glove and Williams. That'd be nice.

12. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I haven't bought this line before, but Dooku looks awesome. It is worth paying a bit more for that kind of quality. I saw Tarkin on their website and I'm equally impressed. I think that Hot Toys will be causing my bank account a fair bit of pain in the future.

I definitely agree that a Mace Windu would be awesome. I would also invest in a Saw Gerrera if they made one.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Gamma626 likes this.
  13. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Welcome to the world of hot toys! Once you're in it, you'll have a hard time leaving. It's addictive.

Like you said, you're paying a premium, but you're (usually) getting the best damn sculpts and figures around. It's very worth it for the serious collector.

I'd love a Saw, as well as a Cassian, Bodhi, and Baze! It'd light a fire under me to pick-up a K2 and Chirrut, that's for sure. I only got the deluxe Jyn.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    @Dannik Jerriko - Hot Toys are the Ferrari's of 12" collectibles, once you get one, it's impossible not to want more.

I missed Chirrut - I'd like to get him. I love my K2, I'm glad that I got him. Saw would be awesome along w/ Galen. Don't know that we'll ever get more Rogue One figures though, which is a shame.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I just counted what I have for high end 12" figures:

Sideshow figures = 19 + 1 environment piece
    Hot Toys Figures = 13
    Medicom Figures = 5

Hot Toys Pre-order = 8

Once all of my Hot Toys pre-orders come in, they'll surpass the number of Sideshow figures that I have.

I also have a HT Superman and a SS Indiana Jones and several SS X-Files figures.

And in other news new SS Premium format ANH Ben Kenobi revealed.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  16. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    So many great choices with this line. I think I'm going to start with Dooku then either Yoda or RotS Anakin.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    If you want Anakin you should just order him now, Hot Toys only produces figures once, when they're gone, they're gone. Hot Toys figures then sell huge on the secondary market once their production run is over.

Sideshow allows you to pay in payment plans, it's how I've managed to get so many of them. Dooku and Yoda aren't slated to be released until 2019 - so plenty of time to get Anakin (who's now available) and then order ahead for Dooku and/or Yoda.

18. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    @PadmeLeiaJaina Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't realise that Hot Toys only produce figures once. I would hate to miss out on a figure that I really want just because I waited too long to pull the trigger.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    wobbits likes this.
  20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Meh. I'm happy with my normal Anakin personally. The accessory is nice, but I'll use Ani/Obi as friends in my poses more than as enemies anyways.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It just ticks me off that they couldn't use another clone that they gave different paint color to instead of Anakin. I have the Sideshow SDCC "Dark Side" version of him. But he certainly doesn't look as good as the Hot Toys version. I just really love Anakin, dark/light/whatever it makes me mad that probably by the time I'll be back from my trip he'll be WAY out of reach price-wise to even get on the secondary market.

[​IMG]

Gamma626 likes this.
  22. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Oh I totally get it. Anakin is my favorite Star Wars character personally. I think it's a bit ridiculous to have a whole new figure for what amounts to a new pair of eyes, and some extra accessories. The "dark Anakin" should have been a deluxe edition. There's already other characters they could have done for exclusives. As you said, clones, or Troopers. Maybe finally move some of that Phasma stock with a damaged version.

23. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Well guess I double posted... so I'll say my top two most wanted hot toys are Padme (episode 2) and Ahsoka! Yay contributing!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    PadmeLeiaJaina and cathiecat like this.
  24. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    WHY??? I love that dark side Anakin! They definitely could have made him a deluxe figure and just added the extra head with the Sith eyes. I can't go to SDCC and he's already going for more than twice the retail on evil bay...:mad:

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    And as usual because my sister was on a call and couldn't get to the door when UPS randomly showed up on Friday to deliver Luke - they took him away, stuck him on a truck and waited until today to deliver him at a UPS access point. Which A) He's not there yet. B) Most likely I won't get him until tomorrow - my sister will have to go out to get him. :mad:

I get it, they're expensive figures and should be signed for, but UPS loves to dart and run away if no body shows up during the few seconds it takes for them to scribble out their note and take off. I'm expecting next week's deliveries to be a nightmare since I should have 3 figures coming.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018