main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Reader’s Choice—The Monthly List of Your Favorite Fics | Updates 1st & 3rd Sunday every month

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanficIndex, Jun 12, 2016.

1. FanficIndex

FanficIndex Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in May 2021. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, May 1 so that I can post the list on Sunday, May 2. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

2. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—May 2021
    WIP MONTH SPECIAL EDITION!

This April was WIP Month! And what a wonderful WIP Month it was, with some truly amazing new work produced by the writers who took part. This month’s edition of Reader’s Choice would like to give an extra special recognition to, and recommendation of, all the story goals achieved by WIP Month participants during April. All the stories listed here are ones on which the authors (a) achieved some goal that they set for themselves before the start of the month—small, medium, or large—and (b) are posted on the boards, and non-SW is included along with the various eras of SW. Come check out these excellent stories, and join me in giving their authors a round of applause for their excellent work! =D=

[​IMG]
    BEFORE THE SAGA
    Adrift in an Ocean of Love by @devilinthedetails
    The Ground Quakes and Trembles by @devilinthedetails
    Hollow by @Kit'
    Paramour 54 by @Kit'

BEFORE—LEGENDS
    The Kyberkerk of Jedha by @Chyntuck
    Heritage, Encoded by @Mechalich

SAGA—PT
    The Tale of Noora and Seyf by @Chyntuck
    Abendrot, or Sunset Lament by @devilinthedetails
    Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails by @Kit'
    Now You’re a Home by @Mira_Jade

SAGA—OT
    Meet the Aliit by @Raissa Baiard
    Wolf Brother by @Raissa Baiard
    Do Not Disturb by @Raissa Baiard
    Destiny Lies by @Starith

BEYOND
    Shadow over Curean by @Anedon
    Interregnum by @Bel505
    Return to Coruscant I: Han by @Bel505
    Return to Coruscant II by @Bel505
    Return to Coruscant III: Mara by @Bel505
    In Dreams We Dwell by @ViariSkywalker
    An Awkward Addition to the Family by @devilinthedetails
    My Life Reclaimed by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

NON-STAR WARS
    Peaches by @amidalachick (Stranger Things)
    Trembling at the Edge of the World (or the Fire Nation) by @devilinthedetails (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
    Hither and Yon by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (Lord of the Rings)

Congratulations again, everybody!
    [​IMG]

If I have left anyone out who should be on this list, I apologize in advance—please let me (at this sock) know if something is missing. @};-

And now, on to our regularly scheduled list of fics recommended by our readers:

BEYOND
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha recommends: Battle Scars and Bloodstone by @Adalia-Durron
    This is what I like to call a milestone fic where a couple are at a crux in their relationship and will either move forward or fracture. Adalia and Kyp start off at different points prioritizing their relationship but they get help from true friends. A strong cameo by Luke and Mara is just icing, cream cheese icing on the cake LOL [face_dancing]

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Kahara, Starith, amidalachick and 6 others like this.
  3. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in June 2021. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, June 5 so that I can post the list on Sunday, June 6. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

4. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hmm, that’s odd, it seems I am out one recommendation post—which means either I didn’t get any submissions for June or simply blanked on putting up the ones I did get. If the latter, I apologize! And if you had a recommendation for June that got lost in the mix somehow, feel free to send it again, and I’ll get it into the July list!

And with that, here’s my usual announcement for July:

Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in July 2021. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, July 3 so that I can post the list on Sunday, July 4. (That is the date I shall aim for, in any case—please note that I may be a bit late doing so, as that is a public holiday in the United States and I may be busy.) As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Kahara likes this.
  5. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    My apologies for not posting this yesterday (the fourth), as I should have!

Reader’s Choice—July 2021

BEFORE
    No submissions.

SAGA–PT
    Kit’ recommends: Then the Dreadful Night Shall Break by @Blue_Daddys_Girl
    Genre: Drama, Angst
    Canonicity: AU
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, CT-7567 | Rex, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu, Vokara Che, Ahsoka Tano, and more.
    This is just an amazing fic. It has rekindled my love of hurt/comfort pics for Obi-wan. The characterisations are amazing, the angst is very real and I find myself muttering "Oh no, Obi-wan" quite a lot under my breath as I read it. Basically Obi-wan is a slave and in enduring his enslavement and escape he 'breaks'. Now he's back at the Temple and no-one really knows what to do with a broken Jedi - not even that Jedi himself.

BEYOND
    No submissions.

Blue_Daddys_Girl likes this.
  6. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in August 2021. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, July 31 so that I can post the list on Sunday, August 1. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Kahara likes this.
  7. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—August 2021

No submissions this month.

8. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in September 2021. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, September 4 so that I can post the list on Sunday, September 5. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

9. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—September 2021

BEFORE
    No submissions.

SAGA—PT
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha recommends: Sugar Wishes by @Kit'

This has everything an AU should have. Anakin and Padme together raising Luke and Leia who are TOO cute. Friends Obi-Wan and Ahsoka and a whole troop of former Clone troopers. =D= There is snark and couple and friendship sweet feels.

Kahara recommends: The Bull and the Bear by @rktho
    A story about General Grievous before he was Grievous. This is a sad and disturbing one, but such a beautiful insight into a character of the "made to look cool oh no what do we do for a backstory let's just throw a bunch of stuff at the wall" variety that there are often a lot of in Star Wars antagonists. Also, it has a fantastic version of the Kaleesh mythology and culture.
    Vignette; Myth/Fable; Canon; Qymaen jai Sheelal, Ronderu lij Kummar

BEYOND
    No submissions.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    rktho likes this.
  10. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in October 2021. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, October 2 so that I can post the list on Sunday, October 3. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  11. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—October 2021

BEFORE
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha recommends: Going Within, Going Without by @Thumper09

The original Revwien characters, Zervulian and Vroonze and others are compelling and relatable. Zervulian is struggling with chronic health concerns while Vroonze is trying to discover her 'Force' attunement. Thumper does an amazing job with the nonverbal gestures etc. and 'translating' them from Revwien to what we would understand, e.g., manipulating of leaves and/or seed case. ;)

SAGA—PT
    No submissions.

BEYOND
    No submissions.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    Thumper09, gizkaspice, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  12. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in November 2021. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, November 6 so that I can post the list on Sunday, November 7. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

13. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—November 2021
    WIP MONTH SPECIAL EDITION!

This October was WIPtober, and this month's edition of Reader's Choice would like to give special recognition to (and recommendation of!) the amazing story goals achieved by WIPtober participants—of which there were a lot! All the stories listed here are ones on which the authors (a) achieved some goal that they set for themselves before the start of the month—small, medium, or large—and (b) are posted on the boards. Non-SW is included in its own category after the SW eras. Come check out these excellent stories, and join me in giving their authors a round of applause for their excellent work! =D=

[​IMG]

SAGA—PT
    All the Difference by @devilinthedetails
    Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails by @Kit'
    A Lesson in Death by @Kit'
    Leaping to Conclusions by @Kit'
    Tidepool by @Kit'
    So Few Things by @Mira_Jade
    Water Flowing Underground by @Pandora
    Beginnings by @Raissa Baiard
    Past Tension by @Starith

SAGA—OT
    Child of Lasan—Child of Lira San (Triptych) by @Findswoman
    Bright Sadness by @Findswoman
    The Wrong Side of History by @Pandora

BEYOND—LEGENDS
    What Do We Want? by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Icky Stuff and Creatures by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker
    Turn Ourselves Into These Ashes by @ViariSkywalker
    Metamorphosis by @ViariSkywalker
    Unexpected Allegiance by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

NON-STAR WARS
    The Garden was Beautiful (A:TLA) by @devilinthedetails
    Dances and Disguises (A:TLA) by @devilinthedetails
    All Fools in Love (Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility) by @Mira_Jade
    Hither and Yon (Tolkien) by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    My Game Plan, Actually (Star Trek) by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Never Lost in Translation (Star Trek) by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

=D= Congratulations again, everybody! =D=

If I have left anyone out who should be on this list, I apologize in advance—please let me (at this sock) know if something is missing. @};-

And now, on to our regularly scheduled list of fics recommended by our readers:

BEYOND
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha recommends: Renewal by @Gabri_Jade

An amazing, well-written sequel to The Last Command. Mara is suddenly contacted by her family whom she understandably thought had been taken out by Palpatine's efficient way of severing all ties as he found someone he could mold. Now, Luke, Leia, and Han are supporting her on this very unexpected, momentous journey!

BEFORE
    No submissions.

SAGA—PT
    No submissions.

14. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in December 2021. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, December 4 so that I can post the list on Sunday, December 5. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

15. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! There were no submissions for December, so it’s now time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in January 2022. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, January 1 so that I can post the list on Sunday, January 2. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Kahara likes this.
  16. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    And because there were no recommendations for January, please think of what stories you'd like to recommend in February 2022. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, February 5 so that I can post the list on Sunday, February 6. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

17. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hi all! For the third month in a row there have been no submissions to Reader’s Choice. It’s been busy and difficult times recently, I know—but I want to invite anyone who has concerns or comments related to this thread, this concept, etc. to write to me at this sock—I’m glad to discuss whatever you feel might help this thread. (Note: Please do that by PM only and not by posting here—I would like to keep this thread index-only.)

If you would like to recommend any stories for March 2022, please PM them to this sock by Saturday, March 5 so that I can post the list on Sunday, March 6. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Kahara likes this.
  18. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Yay! Got one! :D

Reader’s Choice—March 2022

BEFORE
    No submissions.

SAGA
    No submissions.

BEYOND
    Kahara recommends: Unexpected Allegiance by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

I just found this story while looking back through the last year or so and remembered how much I enjoyed reading it a few months ago. It's a fun, short-and-sweet AU adventure with Luke and Mara working together during time period of Dark Empire. (And it of course has some hints of romance, as you may usually expect with the author! ;) Also I just found that it's completed! :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  19. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in April 2022. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, April 2 so that I can post the list on Sunday, April 3. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Kahara likes this.
  20. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—April 2021

21. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in May 2022. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, April 30 so that I can post the list on Sunday, May 1. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Kahara likes this.
  22. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—May 2021

23. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in June 2022. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, June 3 so that I can post the list on Sunday, June 4. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Kahara likes this.
  24. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—June 2022

BEFORE
    No submissions.

SAGA
    Kahara recommends: Twin Suns at the Door of Night by @Cynda
    If you like alternate timelines spinning off the "what if's" of the OT, this might be up your alley. It features Darth Vader, Luke, and Leia meeting under extremely hazardous circumstances (aren't they always) during the time after ESB, and of course there is a creepy Sith planet and all that goes with that. Lots of character development but also fits pretty well in the action/adventure category. Unfortunately it's unfinished at the moment, but there's more than enough to enjoy the story.

SAGA & BEYOND
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha recommends: Fractured by @Gabri_Jade
    This is a touching 'prequel/back story' for her Renewal story, where we see Mara's family struggle with her loss and the daunting challenge of finding financial and emotional stability while still staying out of the Empire's notice. Family bonds are tested and strengthened. :) @};-

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  25. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in July 2022. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, July 2 so that I can post the list on Sunday, July 3. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Kahara likes this.