main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    It's up. The Jedi have settled the dispute on Ansion.

Palpatine: A Complete Biography
    See REPUBLIC D 12

Gun Control: Who Are We Kidding?
    See EDITORIAL G 12

And there's a Special Feature: Who is Count Dooku? with a pic of young Qui-Gon:
    [image=http://www.holonetnews.com/54/news/img/story_1b.jpg] Once a Jedi Master of great repute, Dooku's departure from the Jedi order made newsnet headlines across the galaxy. He is the most recent of the so-called "Lost Twenty," the only Jedi in the history of the order to voluntarily renounce their commissions.

Citing disillusionment with the Republic and the Council, Dooku left Coruscant for his homeworld of Serenno. There, he took up his title and wealth that was his birthright and disappeared for years.

His departure was a magnification of his long-standing tradition of independence, an unusual trait in the Jedi order. Dooku was a strong proponent of the living Force, a school of Jedi thought with more emphasis on action and instinct rather than the more serene and contemplative paths espoused by proponents of the unifying Force. This proactive stance dovetailed well into Dooku's new career as a political firebrand.

The former Jedi Master first reappeared on Raxus Prime, complete with fiery rhetoric lambasting the Senate and the Jedi order's complacency in the visible erosion of morals and ideals of the Republic. Since that well documented speech two years ago, Dooku has been spotted on worlds throughout the Outer Rim, fomenting secession and leading a popular movement that soon developed an alarming cohesion.

Dooku's base of operations is believed to be mobile. Reports of his speeches are scattered and often contradictory. Propaganda bearing his name has flooded the HoloNet, though many of these messages are believed to be forgeries.

Alarmist and reactionary Separatists have spilled blood in the Count's name, though the Jedi Council has steadfastly denied any connection between these violent acts and Dooku's agenda. "Dooku was a Jedi, and a Jedi's devotion to the Force is for knowledge and defense. He would never order these attacks," Jedi Master Mace Windu was quoted saying after the violence that rocked Antar 4.

Still, why has Dooku gained such a big following? Some of the more paranoid point to his Jedi abilities to warp minds, but even without supernatural talents, he is a charismatic man with a powerful presence. In times of bureaucratic stalemating and lethargic government response to crisis issues, Dooku has appeared as a man of action in a time in inaction. He has publicly derided the Jedi allegiance to what he defines as a corrupt and ineffective government.

In an age where heroism is hard to find and so many of the galaxy's trusted institutes are treading carefully and sidestepping important confrontation, it is easy to laud someone who is making waves, regardless of the possible damage such waves may cause.

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Also, "giant space slug found,"

3. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    It would be fun to actually read the bio of Palpatine.

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    And...confirmation that Nejaa Halycon is INDEED alive at 22 BBY. None of this "two clone wars" business.

5. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I know, how cool is that? Also, we get a new Marvel refrence with swoop racer Sergi-X Arrogantus. (SP?)

TC

6. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The "Rodian Senator Uncovers Loyalist-Separatist Ties" and Senator Farr with his list of "245 persons with Sepratist connections" immediately brings to mind the Mccarthy Hearings of the 1950s.

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    So are those Anisonians ?[face_plain]

Not what I expected but nice and cool none the less (look kinda like Rodians though)

8. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I cheered when I read the Halcyon reference. And plus, the picture of Dooku has a wookie jedi! Woo!

And yes, the article on the events in the Aproaching Storm was cool.

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "And...confirmation that Nejaa Halycon is INDEED alive at 22 BBY. None of this "two clone wars" business."

Exactly, I knew that all events said to have happened at 35 bby would be moved up to the 22 BBY. Next we just have the battle of dreighton to be confirmed as happening at some point between 22-20 BBY.

Of Course, as I surmised previously, It just means that mon mothma was on crack when it came to her speech and calling some previous pre-tpm wars, "the clone wars". Perhaps the war events she referred to happened over a century before TPM(before palpatine was a "young" senator as she said). Of course there might have been a war back then, she may have been even referring to battle of ruusaan, but it wasn't really the clone wars...

10. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Just curious, but has anyone else noticed that one of the aliens in the background of the Dooku pictures bears a striking resemblance to one of the aliens seen in the Knights of the Republic? Same pose, same agressive look...

EDIT: More specifically, it's this one...

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/images/models/7.jpg]

Then again, it just might a known alien, 'tho I haven't seen him before.

11. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    That's a Nikto. You can see plenty of 'hem in RotJ and TPM. And in AotC, as seen in the Making-Of videos. :)

12. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Now that you mention it, he does indeed remind me of several of the aliens in the movies...

Ouch, I really oughta get more sleep :)

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    That article on how parking spaces are becoming extinct on Coruscant is hilarious! Especially the bit about how an historic parking lot was going to be torn down to make room for an Ithorian arboretum. It was saved by the Parking Preservation Society, or something like that! [face_laugh]

14. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, 't was really fun. "I want my grandchildren to grow up in a world that has parking."

[face_laugh] [wipes tear]

15. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    So I guess we only have two weeks left. :( :_|

16. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Best issue yet! Neat stuff here:

- Dooku's picking up his Solar Sail in the Gree Enclave!

- "Vigilante Task Force Departs to Engage Separatists"

Freedom's sons, anyone?

"Our loyalty is only overshadowed by our frustration with the Republic's inactivity. Those aboard this vessel are children of the Republic and freedom's sons and daughters."

-The Orn Free Taa/Lott Dod article is hyserical!

- Nice to have a solid date for the end of "The Approaching Storm."

-Sergi-X when he was but a wee swoop racer...cool stuff.

Lets hope this goes on for a bit AFTER episode II.

17. stephengraves

stephengraves Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2001
    The best bit's got to be the Dooku/Qui-Gon picture. I wonder if it's a subtle jibe to everyone expecting a hologram of Dooku and Qui-Gon in Episode 2...

SG

18. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm looking forward to seeing how the "Baby Lundi" story is wrapped up.

TC

19. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Valiento speaking of inspiraton for the HNN pics. Both Anakin in the Anison pic and Dooku in the pic you speak of are stills from past SW insiders :D

(if anyone finds them it makes a cool comparison pic ;) )

20. HoloRecorder1018

HoloRecorder1018 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    The Wook in the Young Dooku/Qui-Gon flashback illo is actually Master Tyvokka from the Stark Hyperspace War. Check out the unique wooden, curved lightsaber hilt and the grey streaks of fur from under his eyes. There's another alien from KotOR as well in the Gree Enclave picture with Dooku. It's the spotted fish faced alien walking with him. Anybody dig the really cool looking green Mon Cal Jedi Master in the Gotal terrorist scene from the update before this one? I also think the Ansions are very cool-looking in the Approaching Storm pic : )

21. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Weezer, when did I speak about pictures of qui-gon and dooku on HNN? You confuse me with someone else, :)?

22. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I want more Baby Lundi stories, HNN. :)

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    [face_blush] You're right I did confuse you with someone else.

I must learn to look at more than just the icon [face_blush]

24. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Master Dav-Wes Renno.

David West Reynolds? :)

25. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    as I surmised previously, It just means that mon mothma was on crack when it came to her speech and calling some previous pre-tpm wars
    I just cracked up something chronic imagining Mon Mothma on crack. Oh man. But yes, she must have been.

I have also really been missing the Baby Ludi stories. The news obviously stopped when the Jedi moved her off Coruscant and to the accademy on Kamparas. Am I the only one who thinks that the People's Inquest are not entirely trustworthy? I am quite suspicious of their motives, esspeially with Thrynka Padaunete spending so much time with the mother, and being so closely involved in the production of the holodrama. I really want to see where this goes. Hopefully they will have an article on it this week, maybe anouncing casting for the holo or something.

And yeah, I hope they keep doing HNN, I've really enjoyed it. I'll be interested to see what headline they have the week AOTC comes out. "Assasination Atempt on the senator for Naboo?" Maybe. I would just love to see it continue in real time between now and episode 3, giving us constant updates on what's happening in the Clone Wars. That would be so awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.