main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga .·×·.Jedi Maiden::Heir to Death.·×·.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina-Solo-1, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina-Solo-1

Jaina-Solo-1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    Title: Jedi Maiden: Heir to Death
    Author(s): Jaina-Solo-1
    Timeframe: Between TPM & AOTC
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Adventure, mystery
    Keywords: Jedi, adventure, mystery, OC
    Summary: First book in the Jedi Maiden series; a Master/Padawan team solve a royal mystery.

Jedi Maiden: Heir to Death

Chapter 1

Atlai Van-Nor swiftly pulled her hair up into a small black bun, and secured it with a silver band that matched her eyes. The nineteen-year-old Jedi apprentice snatched her deep brown cape and flung it over her white/brown Jedi ensemble. The last step to get ready was to attach her lightsaber to her belt. Atlai looked down at the saber fondly, remembering when she had fashioned it. It had taken weeks to put together the shiny silver handle with the black grips for her hand to rest on. But it had all been worth it when Atlai had ignited it for the first time and it had glowed a stunning turquoise. She hooked the lightsaber onto her belt and then heard a knock on her door.

When Atlai opened the door, outside stood her master, Khindi Reol.

?Are you ready to go?? she asked, smiling brightly at her padawan.

?Yes, I believe so,? Atlai replied, returning the smile. She picked up a small brown travel bag, and stepped out into the hall. ?Will you tell me what the mission is now, Master??

?Let?s get on board our ship, first,? Khindi replied.

The pair walked out into the ship hanger, and stopped before a small, sleek silver ship. Atlai stopped and stared in wondrous enchantment at it. ?What?s its name?? she asked softly.

Khindi smiled at her apprentice?s amazement. ?The Silver Queen,? she replied. ?Now come along. Once we get settled, I?ll tell you about our mission.?

Khindi and Atlai went into the ship, and then set their bags down and had a quick bite to eat. Then they sat down and Khindi began to explain to Atlai about their mission.

?Do you remember when we visited the planet Tandor a few years ago?? asked Khindi. Atlai nodded slowly. ?Well,? Khindi continued. ?King Chanl?Da just passed away a couple of standard months ago, and the new ruler, Princess Ixalta was crowned.?

Khindi looked to her padawan to make sure that she was paying attention, and then continued. ?Not too long ago, Ixalta began receiving threats on her life.?

Atlai?s eyes widened just a tad, and then she nodded for her master to continue.

?We are going there to protect the princess, and find out who is making the threats.? Khindi finished. ?We will not be in disguise this time, although we won?t go around advertising that we?re Jedi.?

Atlai nodded, storing all the information in her mind, then asked, ?What kind of threats has the princess been receiving??

Khindi smiled at the anticipated question. ?Princess Ixalta has received four holo messages, but they had no picture, just voice. And unfortunately, the messages could not be traced. We?ll be able to listen to them when we arrive.?

?Good,? Atlai replied. ?I look forward to discovering the criminal,? she added with typical padawan confidence.

The Jedi Knight smiled at Atlai?s eagerness. ?Then let?s begin the trip,? she said, sitting herself in the pilot?s chair.

Atlai settled down in the co-pilot seat, and the voyage began.

Comments are appreciated! ;)

2. Darth_Skywalker2

Darth_Skywalker2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2004
    Count me IN on this voyage :) I love it so far!

3. Jaina-Solo-1

Jan 21, 2005
    Thanks, Paul! :)

4. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Ooh, I think I like where this is going... nice style!!

Good stuff Jaina-Solo-1!

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Very interasting, can't wait to read more.

6. Jaina-Solo-1

Jan 21, 2005
    Thanks for the comments, The_Jesstar and Amon_Amarth! :)

Chapter 2

Later that night, after Khindi had taken the ship into hyperspace, Atlai sat on a small couch near the back of the Silver Queen, studying some holographs of Princess Ixalta. She looked very young. Khindi had been able to get three of the ruler, for she knew that her young apprentice would want to see her.

In the first one, Ixalta was a little girl, playing with dolls. Atlai smiled at the childish innocence on her face and then sighed. At that age, she had been ?playing? with practice lightsabers, learning to defend herself in a battle. Sometimes the young Jedi wished that she had been a normal little girl, doing the things that they got to do. Atlai wished that she had known her family, as well. Before Khindi had taken her to be her padawan, she had been very lonely sometimes. Atlai decided suddenly to stop thinking like that. She really did love being a Jedi, and Khindi was as much family as she wanted right now.

The second picture of Ixalta was one of her graduating from school. She looked so happy, wearing a long purple and golden robe, standing on a stage, and giving a speech that would surely make her family, her teachers, and her people proud of her.

This picture made Atlai think of the day when she would ?graduate? from being a Jedi Padawan, and become a Jedi Knight herself. She knew it was coming soon. She had been a Padawan for seven years, and she could tell that she didn?t have many more missions yet before she was ready for the trials. Khindi wouldn?t even tell her what the trials were, yet. But Atlai knew that before she turned twenty-one, she would be asked to appear before the council.

The last holograph of Princess Ixalta was of the day she was crowned the ruler of Tandor. This time, no bright smile lit her face, but her eyes were pleased, Atlai could tell. She was standing at a podium in the fancy rainbow-colored attire of the ruler of Tandor, a small golden crown on her long blond hair, hundreds of shards of multi-colored jewels placed on it in a delicate and intricate design. Atlai guessed that she was giving some kind of speech.

Just as Atlai was putting the holographs away in her travel bag, Khindi came into the tiny room and sat down in a chair across from her.

?Hello, Master,? Atlai greeted her.

?Hello, Padawan,? Khindi replied. ?What are you doing??

?I was just looking at those holographs of Princess Ixalta,? Atlai answered, stretching her arms as she relaxed back into the cushions of the sofa.

?Good,? Khindi said. ?Because our trip will take awhile, I figured you might want this.?

?What is it?? Atlai asked curiously as Khindi reached into her bag.

She pulled out two books and handed them to her apprentice. ?A book on Tandor politics and etiquette, and Master Yoda?s biography.?

Atlai smiled, ?Thanks, Master Khindi. You know how much I like to read.?

?I?ll be expecting some help with piloting as well,? Khindi teased her. ?Don?t get too lost in the pages.?

?Don?t worry,? Atlai replied. She opened up the book on Tandor and read until she fell asleep.

7. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Oooh! Good job! No, make that excellent! =D= =D=

8. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Hooray!!

Good stuff

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Very good =D=

10. Jaina-Solo-1

Jan 21, 2005
    Thank you VadersMistress, AmonAmarth, and The_Jesstar!

------------------

Chapter 3

After a few standard days journey, Atlai and Khindi arrived on Tandor. They disembarked from the Silver Queen and were surprised to be greeted by Princess Ixalta herself!

?Is that the princess?? asked Atlai. ?I think I recognize her from the holographs you showed me.?

?Yes,? her master whispered.

The two Jedi walked to meet the princess, bowing when they reached her. Ixalta returned the bow and smiled pleasantly at them.

?Did you have a nice journey?? she asked.

?Yes, thank you,? Khindi replied.

Now that Atlai could see the princess up close, she estimated the ruler to be about her age. ?You?re certainly in a good mood for someone who has been receiving death threats,? the padawan remarked.

?I try to put on a brave face for my people,? Ixalta explained. ?Inside, I?m actually quite frightened.

Khindi fixed her apprentice with a warning look. Atlai shrugged, then nodded to the princess.

Princess Ixalta began to explain to the Jedi what would happen once they reached the palace. ?When we get to Fairli Palace, you?ll be shown to your rooms. They?re right beside mine. Once you?re settled, we?ll be having our evening meal, and then you will be able to listen to the holomessages.?

Khindi nodded. ?That sounds like a very good plan. What do you think Atlai??

?I believe it will work out very nicely,? Atlai agreed. She looked around at the beautiful planet. The sky was a light blue/purple color, and the grass was bright green with deep red and pink flowers blanketing it. There were practically no speeders or ships. Everyone seemed to walk everywhere?even royalty.

As they walked, Ixalta introduced them to the three other people that were with them. ?This is my personal servant, Cassia, my younger brother, Riold, and his servant, Jiji.?

Atlai smiled at them, ?Nice to meet you.?

Cassia and Jiji bowed their heads a tad, but Riold merely nodded, a superior look on his face.

Atlai looked to Khindi for guidance, but her master simply smiled at her, in a way that made Atlai know Khindi was handing the mission of discovering more about the young prince over to her.

When the group came in sight of the palace, Atlai almost gasped in surprise. It was the most beautiful building she?d ever seen, even over the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. It was small, but it had high, curvy towers, and was made of different shaped stones, in all the colors of the rainbow. Long, crystal blue rivers ran all around the palace, and there were many large windows on all six of the floors that let in the dazzling sunshine. There was one great flag, with the rainbow colors of Tandor, sticking out of the top middle tower. The last part of the grand Fairli Palace was the gold that seemed to have been draped across every piece by an angel.

Princess Ixalta smiled at the young Jedi?s amazement. ?I gave you one of the biggest windows of them all,? she whispered softly.

Atlai looked at the princess, her silver eyes filled with happiness, as they boarded a small boat that would take them across the river into the palace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.