main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

¿How Important Is Dooku?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Favs_the_Jedi, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Favs_the_Jedi

Favs_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2005
    How important was dooku to the jedi and was he part of the jedi council?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. GreekGodChaos1234

GreekGodChaos1234 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2004
    i dunno, qui-gons master, and apprentace to yoda, but he was one of the elite jedi and was in the lost 20

3. Anakin_Skywalker021

Anakin_Skywalker021 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2004
    eh...hes not that important...i mean come on, his role is smaller than that of a background person in Jabba's Skybox in Episode 1.

4. the_collopofone

the_collopofone Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    darth maul shouldve just not died in tpm. he shouldve escaped, and then had the roll that dooku has in aotc. maul vs. skywalker would have been wicked.

maul vs. yoda...oh man. sweet. maul was a better sith. dooku is just...dooku. or as george says ...doe-coo.

5. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    he's the heart and soul of the star wars universe! he's not a main character. at best he can be considered a motivator to make the story progress.

6. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
  7. Count_D00ku

Count_D00ku Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2004
    This is all the more reason to have an OFFICIAL DOOKU THREAD. *Hint*Hint*

8. Darth_Jetzt

Darth_Jetzt Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2004
    "doe-coo" LMAONO2beibdwwqosqwh!

Lucas is a funny guy.... Nay-Boo and Goon-Gans lmao!

9. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    I personally we should have had more on Dooku. Christopher Lee is such a great actor that the little screen time he had in AOTC was marvelous.

I would have greatly enjoying see him appear as the Jedi Master he was in TPM. I would love to have seen him interact with Qui-Gon and the Jedi Council before he left the order. Learning that Dooku was once Yoda's padawan made even the more curious on Dooku's story.

The biggest missing piece for me concerning Dooku is that in the film we do not really know why he left the Jedi order as he did, and then so quickly become a Sith.

Knowing this would not have taken away from Anakin's story, and in fact it could have enhanced what happens to Anakin in turning to the dark side.

So far, we only have speculation as to how and why Dooku left the Jedi order and turned to the dark side. On film, it just does not work for me as far as the story of his character. But nevertheless, Lee has certainly made the best of his role as the Count Dooku/Lord Tyranus.

If there is not much more to Dooku when ROTS ends, I will sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have had Maul survive until ROTS, and have been in the place of Dooku's role in the story.

Darth Sin! :cool:

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Favs_the_Jedi

Jan 11, 2005
    Sin?!?!? I heard dooku dies in liek the first 5-10 minutes of the movie is that true

11. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Yes, Anakin chops off Dooku's hands and the scissor chops off his head with two sabers.

12. Darth_Jetzt

Dec 30, 2004
    he does but that doesnt make him unimportant. he is still the leader of the sepratists

13. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002
    How important is Dooku?

Let me "Count" the ways.

14. Darth_Jetzt

Dec 30, 2004
    dude that is poor.....

15. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Darth_Howell_III: Really? Was that really necessary.

Just kidding. Dooku is one of the more intriguing characters Coach Lucas created. His role in the lives of the famed characters, his true conflict in loyalty, and his polished classy bad guy personae, come on! He adds depth when compared with the two dimension, but likeable, character of Maul.

16. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    i like him much better than maul, he is more intreguing, and more dangerous i believe

17. Darth_Jetzt

Dec 30, 2004
    True, but i still would have loved to have seen maul vs anakin or yoda [face_frustrated]

18. Favs_the_Jedi

Jan 11, 2005
    Maul beats all the sith except for vader but only because of his back story maul was a badass ¿never talked though?

19. Master_Jake_15

Master_Jake_15 Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    dooku is pretty worthless. He is just Palps puppet until anikin takes over

20. BOBBY_GRIEVOUS

BOBBY_GRIEVOUS Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    How important is alot of characters in the PT... Palpy uses them all for his own purposes. Dooku is important bc he is instrumental in assisting Anakin's hatred and fall to the Dark Side by taunting him during both of the duels in AOTC and ROTS... and Anakin in the end slaughters Dooku (quite literally like a chicken with its head cut off)

21. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    He seems important on the outside - founding the seperatists -- but it turns out he's just another one of Sidious' pawns.

22. DARTH_DEMOS

DARTH_DEMOS Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    The the_collopofone coulnd't have said it better.

23. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Dooku, in the grand scheme of things, is practically worthless. All he was for Sidious was the means to an end, Maul had been killed, Sidious did not have the time to train a new apprentice from birth, and he gets lucky with a rogue Dooku. Any Jedi that could be turned could have served that purpose. Dooku is merely a puppet, with no real importance besides the power he thinks he has over the Confederacy. I wish it wasn't so because I think Christopher Lee has done a wonderful job as Count Dooku, but overall, Dooku is essentially worthless.

24. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    My main problem with Dooku's involvement with Palpatine is that Count Dooku was not some young Sith or Jedi. This man was an elder seasoned Jedi Master, who trained under Yoda and trained Qui-Gon.

Who he was as a Jedi, and what he became as a Sith for me begs to be known. I really wanted to know how this once powerful, venerable Jedi Master could turn from the light side and then turn to the dark side and become a Sith. But even moreso, how could such a powerful man as this become someone else's servant/slave/pawn?

This has always been the huge question in my mind. It would have made more sense for me if Dooku had created the Separatists movement himself with the person he was, especially being a former respected Jedi Master.

Even further, Dooku for me seemed like someone who could have created his own type of Jedi order, a new order of Jedi, a splinter group.

Again, the questions begs why this man joined the Sith so quickly after having been a Jedi for so long? And the truth is, we really have not heard his real story. :(

Darth Sin! :cool:

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Dooku was never on the Council, but a well respected Jedi Master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.