main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

¿How Important Is Dooku?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Favs_the_Jedi, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    I have a question.

How'd you get that upside-down question mark to appear at the beginning of your title? :p

2. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    How could you call Dooku 'worthless?' Granted, Palpatine could've found another way to pull a Gulf of Tonkin, but someone had to it. Without the Clone Wars, there's no Empire. Dooku and Padmé bite the dust in RotS, but both play pivotal roles in setting up the Galactic Civil War.

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Worthless in the sense that any fallen Jedi could have served Palpatine's purpose at that time. Dooku just had the misfortune of being that fallen Jedi right when Sidious needed a new Apprentice. Perhaps worthless isn't the right word, maybe replacable would fit better.

EDIT: I will say though, that most probably couldn't have done as good a job of being a political idealist that systems could identify and agree with as Dooku did. I have to give him credit on being so charismatic.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He sets the stage for Anakin's fall and apparently, hints at his redemption.

5. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    He sets the stage for Anakin's fall and apparently, hints at his redemption.

I can see the stage setting, but how exactly does he hint at his redemption? Does he say something during their duel, or something else?

6. TheFoolWhoFollowsHim

TheFoolWhoFollowsHim Jedi Youngling star 4

May 4, 2003
    I can see the stage setting, but how exactly does he hint at his redemption? Does he say something during their duel, or something else?

[Anakin cuts off Tyranus' right hand, catches his saber, and then takes another swing cutting off his left hand. Tyranus drops to his knees.]

Darth Tyranus: "Mercy?"

Anakin: "Why should I show you any mercy?"

Tyranus: "I'm... I'm sorry."

Anakin: "Oh. Okay then. Why didn't you say so...?"

Tyranus: [interupting] "Sorry you're such a loser!"

[Anakin scissors off Tyranus' head.]

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    According to Dark Rendevouz (sp), Dooku's heart isn't in this anymore. He really does want an end to the Clone Wars, but then Sidious manipulates the situation and causes Dooku to think that Yoda was setting him up. The author has read the ROTS script.

Then there's the stuff that Infowars has posted, which may be true. From that, there's an indication that Dooku wasn't into the idea of killing so many Jedi on Geonosis, which is why he gives them a chance to surrender and tries to get Obi-wan to back down. Then looks regretful after the duel with Anakin, before Yoda shows up.

So he might show some weariness in the film and that he might, depending, try and do the right thing before dying.

8. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Dooku was a top jedi considered second only to yoda in terms of skill and power with the force however he never sat on the jedi council because of his rebellious attitude an attitude he passed on to QGJ. Dooku is a very important pawn in the films and he should get more screen time because Christopher Lee is a great actor. I really hope that he makes a power play in ROTS or else he will be just remembered as just palpatines pawn, but if he tries to claim the mantle of sith lord for himself then he will be remembered not as a pawn but as a schemer who failed. My ideal end for dooku In ROTS would be him swinging his saber at the seated and chained palpatine only for anakins saber to intercept. This would also explain why dooku doesn?t appear to mind his master acting as anakins personal cheerleader during the duel.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004

EDIT: I will say though, that most probably couldn't have done as good a job of being a political idealist that systems could identify and agree with as Dooku did. I have to give him credit on being so charismatic.

And rich. ;)

Didn't he put the down payment on the clones? Or am I mistaken? I know his position of royalty gave him access to vast amounts of resources that I'm sure funded both sides.

10. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    He's one of the wealthiest man on he Galaxy, actually...

11. darth254

darth254 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    I think that Dooku should have been a rogue Jedi instead of a Sith. Like some others have said, he saw the corruption and wanted to take matters into his own hands. Would be neat if Dooku were in the grey area between light and dark as if he wasn't close enough with his personality. But they had to make him a Sith in the end, ugh. Would have preferred the rogue Jedi.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    He could have been made very important and expanded upon. Instead, we get Grevious to replace him. Poor. Dooku could easily have handled his plot points, and yes I know GG is supposed to forshadow the technology Vader is built on, but that in itself is really not needed either. Oh well, good idea gone bad.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Darth_Mimic

Darth_Mimic Jedi Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    How important is Dooku? Well, his character is important in that it will help us see the character of Anakin and Palpy in RotS. I don't think a character like Maul could generate sympathy from the viewing audience when he dies like Dooku will if he's begging for his life.

14. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    I think we are pretty hard on Maul's character being convincible to compare with Dooku is that the truth is his character was not well developed enough to make this determination, and he very little speaking parts.

And Maul only lasted the one film, and we just did not get to know him. We have no real info on Maul and what Palpatine's plans were for him if he had not been killed.

The truth is, Dooku's part has been very small also, but we have a very well-known respected actor in Christopher Lee playing Dooku, and he was given a more prominent role and speaking parts, as well as we were given some background on him, though for me not enough as I stated in an earlier post.

I think if Maul had lived, and Lucas had intended to develop him more, I do think it would have worked out well in him being believeable.

Frankly I would have loved for Maul to have survived, and Anakin had taken his place. I would still have wanted Dooku around, but as a rogue Jedi looking to create a splinter group of Jedi Knights(but fails).

Anakin would have taken down Maul and Obi-Wan taken down Dooku(fitting since Dooku trained his master.

Darth Sin! :cool:

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    So he might show some weariness in the film and that he might, depending, try and do the right thing before dying.

Dooku: Hey Annie, you might want to watch out for that Darkside thing...

*chop chop*

:p

16. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    I don't agree at all with all of you guys who said Maul should replace Dooku.

Maul was a lightsaber guy. He didn't have Dooku presence, force powers and charisma. Dooku is in another league sorry.

Like some others have said, he saw the corruption and wanted to take matters into his own hands.

Exactly. He represents the rebellion within the Jedi Order. Palpatine used this to turn him.

Maul is a flashy character, very powerful with a saber but Dooku would have destroyed him bad...

Another point against Maul, he was killed like a punk!

;)

17. Darth_Smileyface

Darth_Smileyface Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2004
    ...but at least Maul was evil. I never got the sense that Dooku was evil. Bad maybe, evil no. Doesn't fit the whole sithlord persona. Should've shown him to be more evil.

18. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    ¿How Important Is Dooku?

Not at all now that Lucas has created the action figure of General Grievous for no particular reason.

19. Favs_the_Jedi

Favs_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2005
    Leias love slave hold ALT and then hit 424 on the number pad to the right real easy lol

20. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    ¿

Oh! That is so cool! :D

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

21. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

Woah, that is cool. :eek:

22. Vadaah

Vadaah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    ^^^ Very cool, but how is it done???

I like Dooku. He's good-people.

Edit:

¿¿¿

I got it...

YAY!!!!

23. Clone-Of-Kenobi

Clone-Of-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2005
    Agree totally with the_collopofone. Maul should have lived through Ep. I & II and be killed in Ep. III.

24. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Hey, how did this thread go from ¿How Important Is Dooku? to...

...How Important Is ¿ :p

25. Favs_the_Jedi

Favs_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2005
    Leias slave, you were the first one to ask about it and it is kind of neat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.