main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

¿How Important Is Dooku?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Favs_the_Jedi, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. POLUNIS

POLUNIS Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2002
    Count Dooku was referred to as Tyrannus by Jango Fett. This is the line: "Never heard of him. I was hired by a man called Tyrannus on the moons of Bogden(sp?)."

2. tyrannus84

tyrannus84 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    tyrannus could beat vader and maul at the same time.

3. robbie_20002002

robbie_20002002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2004
    Don't we know each other from somewhere 84?

4. stv

stv Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    dooku is important for palps to use to completely conceal himself - with dooku in the picture everyone will assume that dooku was mauls master. plus they needed a charismatic diplomat to create the separatists - maul is not those things... slash'n'stab! i think of maul as nothing more than a living weapon utalised by palps - dooku then as a smoke screen - palps true apprentice is anakin.

palps is the coolest :)

5. george_w_bush2005

george_w_bush2005 Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    i wish i had dooku on my side....... he he he

6. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Dooku should not have died so easily. Why didn't he say something when he was on his knees?

7. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Well, if you mean suited Vader, I agree. But remember that lil' Ani pwned him all by himself. And we never saw Dooku defeat anyone (i.e. kill) in the saga.

8. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Dooku should not have died so easily. Why didn't he say something when he was on his knees?

like ouch? , Dooku knew he was Duped. He kept what little Dignity he had left and accepted the Checkmate.

9. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Dooku should not have died so easily

It took 2 movies, the entire clone wars, Anakin yielding to the
    darkside and Palpatine betraying him.

Easy? You call that easy?

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Anakin dominated Dooku because this was the peak of his power. He had not embraced the dark side yet, and was fulfilling his potential. Good against Anakin is one thing, good against Obi-Wan, well, that's something different :)

11. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Mace Windu tried to stop him in Obsession and ended up over a cliff. With a Dooku who is physically past his prime, though his Force powers are enhanced or unaffected by age. Yeah, he's not really a punk. Nobody scratches him from AOTC to Sith, and people -try-.

As for his death - well - what's the point in saying anything? He's going to die anyway, and having Anakin be stuck as Sidious's apprentice in his place is pretty much the best revenge he's going to get. "This will be you someday...." ;)

12. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    there is no need to call him darth before tyranus,if he is a sith then his name has to be darth and also all the darths are called lord most the time ,i heard "lord vader" like 1000 times and "darth vader" a lot less than that.

13. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    i heard "lord vader" like 1000 times and "darth vader" a lot less than that.

Interesting point. Come to think of it, the only instance I can recall of
    someone saying "Darth Vader" is when Palps knights him, err, de-knights him,
    in ROTS.

14. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    yeah and in the OT only obi wan refers to him as such,remember palpatine and the officers,they all called him lord vader.

i think is so obvious that dooku's name is Darth Tyranus that maybe thats why GL forgot to call him as such in the movie,because every SW fan should know that you cant be sith unless your name is darth.

15. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    How Important Is Dooku?

Important enough to have a front row seat to the beginning of Anakin's turn to the Darkside. :eek:

16. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    dooku started the clone wars.dooku did palps bidding for 13 years.if we dont see him on screen that much doesnt mean that he is not important.

17. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I love Count Dooku. I truly wish there was more of him in the saga. But come on! How important is he? He's the freaking leader of the Separatists! Sure he's second in command to Sidious, but no one knows that, and to everyone else Dooku is the man.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.