main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Saga - Legends Ἀνάγκη – Necessity beyond Sway | Thrawn, OC, drama/tragedy, pre-ANH to TTT | Epic, e-book available

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Chyntuck, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yet again, Thrawn is constantly being tested and found wanting. Glad he had the mission.

2. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
  3. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thrawn is hardly the only one 'endangering' someone here. Ayesha is too with all the demands she presses on Thrawn. She will likely be why they fall apart but it's always Thrawn that takes the blame.

4. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
  5. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't really see him doing that or her responding well to it. She needs to start being considerate of him on HIS terms.

6. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    It's not healthy. She is going to cause them major problems if she doesn't get a clue and the way this has been Thrawn will be blamed he always is. It's not right.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    They are both very, very wrong; each in their own way; and, at this point, I can't sympathise with either. A quarter of population has "issues" and, at their age, they both need to be sincere within first and only then seek another person's comfort. This is bound to be exploitation either way around.

(second half of the post removed, as it was not on topic - NOT A MOD EDIT, personal preference)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Four words: relationships do not redeem.

Seven words: relationships do not contribute to own stability.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person on the right track here, but it could also be my perception. XD

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't agree with either of those top claims. They can but BOTH parties have to be willing to work on the relationship and put the other first which Ayesha continues to staunchly refuse doing. I fully expect them to crash and burn now. I HAD hoped she'd come to her senses but alas.

Gemma likes this.
  12. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
    Ewok: we'll see. ;)

I'm still waiting for the great big happy end with five kids, but I'm a hopeless case... :p

Gemma likes this.
  13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    He doesn't deny his skeletons, she's the one doing that and you're right Thrawn IS doing all he can to tend her and he keeps getting slapped down for it. He's gonna either break or leave if he has any sense at all. This can't hold.

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, what a time for me to fall behind, both storywise and discussionwise! :eek: It's true, this story—and especially its main character—has sparked some really amazing and unprecedented discussion in a way that few fanfic stories I've seen have done. Says a lot about both the story and its readers! :cool:

37: You (via Thrawn's descriptions of his colleagues and the Unknown Regions situation) do a wonderful job of writing about all the ins and outs of imperial court intrigue—I really respect writers who can write about that stuff believably, because it's something I find hard to write myself. And we see now that A.'s relationship with Th. is starting to become "a thing" in that intrigue, to take on potentially galactic implications... that plus the further potentially insurmountable differences we see coming to light between these two (e.g., their approach to Vader)... well, I guess one way to put it is that their relationship is entering some very new territory. I can't wait to see what role our couple might play in Vader's hunt for Luke—and how (or whether) their differences will get sorted out.

(And I have to say, now that I'm rereading this, there seem to be a few small premonitions already of what will happen to A. in 38... [face_hypnotized])

38: Oh my! " :eek: !" doesn't even cover it! What a sudden, violent change, sparked by one single name mentioned almost in passing! To think that just moments before it was another pleasant "day in the life," with babysitting and breakfast and Tam's babble and a charmingly awkward young admirer... I never realized before just how right Simon and Dex were right about A.'s mental fragility, that it would take so little to transform her from her usual gracious, cheerful self to pretty much a raving maniac...

Really, just... yoicks. What a chapter in an already very deep story. It will take a bit for me to process this one. But that's not to say you shouldn't consider my curiosity about these demons of our heroine's past MAJORLY piqued. Bring on part two! =D=

15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Err... Gals, as much as I love having a big discussion on my fic thread, are you sure you're still talking about what I wrote and not about your personal issues? Because I'm finding it increasingly difficult to relate some of the comments here to chapters of this story or even to the whole of it.

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I relate to everything through personal lens, Chyn. I don't operate by two standards as some seem to. Yes, I am speaking directly to your handling of the characters and story.

17. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
    Haha, sorry. [face_whistling]

Just shows that your character descriptions are very realistic...
    all right, less OT.

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Loving your on-point reviews Findswoman - and your optimistic ones Csillan_girl.

Yes, these characters are realistic, resonate strongly, and tug at heartstrings and push buttons. Goes to how well written they are. But, like Chyntuck I have to say this is not group therapy. @};-

19. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm not sure who the "some" you are referring to are supposed to be but I'd rather you refrain from this sort of comment that borders on the insulting in my story thread. Thank you.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I am sorry. I remove my stupid post and, if you want me to, I shall get out of this thread. :) I keep on forgetting that these two people are not real and that this is fiction. @};-

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    There was no need :) I just think we should keep the thread on topic, you know, and we were taking off on a pretty wide tangent there.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm sorry you took it that way, Chyn. It wasn't intended. I'm out.

23. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I agree fully with Nyota's Heart. What makes this story so exciting for me are the two main characters and the way that they act as a couple. @};-

Gemma, Findswoman , Chyntuck and 3 others like this.
  24. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Wow! What a great chapter! I aspire to write my characters with the depth that you do. =D= One thing that struck me about this chapter was Ayesha's comment that she understood that Thrawn's work was part of him but she needed time to get used to including that into her personal notion of him. They may fight, but they communicate well. I actually think it bodes well for them being able to weather whatever the Emperor has up his sadistic sleeve.

Great job! I am eagerly awaiting part two! :D [face_nail_biting]

25. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh no! This is unbearably traumatic for her, and the invitation seems one that cannot be avoided, especially with Palps specifically mentioning her as one who would be expected. Poor girl!

She's gone deep this time. Thrawn made the right choice to call home for help. They knew how to take care of her before; maybe they can help her again.

On the positive side, I love the idea that they would be "lifemates." Such a sweet concept. Thrawn and Ayesha are grown ups, they know where the door is and they could leave each other at any time, but they are trying so hard to understand and support each other. "Lifemate" reflects that commitment on both sides. I especially like that it is Thrawn who applies the concept to their relationship.

PS - your writing is so good that I can't tell canon from original. I actually tried to look up one of your characters on the Wook. ;)