main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ To Move Back into Production with Reshoots in Ireland

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by OldTimeFan, Feb 23, 2017.

1. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Could this be because of the death of Carrie Fisher?
    I think mostly all big movies get some additional shooting but this looks to be on a bigger scale.

Code:
     Director Rian Johnson wrapped production on the film last summer, but it now looks as though ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ film may move back into production in March with some reshoots likely to be scheduled across Ireland and Scotland.

Universal Extras Casting (via Omega Underground) is currently searching for a variety of extras to be part of ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’. With production having wrapped over six months ago. These scenes are likely part of pre-scheduled reshoots. The filming will take place this March in Edinburgh, Scotland and Ireland, but the length of the reshoots was not reported
    http://iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4290312&tpl=archnews&force=1

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Any results were
    Bound t happen after the higher ups and Rian saw the rough cut.

3. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    "The casting call reported on Project Casting is seeking "ordinary people" for these extra roles, with male or female actors between 16 and a half to 90 years of age."

Yep. This is clearly related to scenes involving Leia. o_O

Darth Lurker, DaddlerTheDalek and B99 like this.
  4. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    I have a feeling they are casting the crowd for Leia's funeral.

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    In before all the panic starts!! :p

6. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    there aren't currently any force ghosts that we know of... this could even have something to do with that ???

7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm sure this is just normal reshoots. It's the early part of the following year after filming-during editing/post production. That's always the type of timeframe when reshoots occur for films of this caliber.

I will acknowledge that it may possibly be for a rewrite due to Carrie's passing, but honestly there's no way to tell. Quite frankly it doesn't matter to me-reshoots are quite normal, and in many cases can make for a better film. (See: Rogue One) Either way I'm sure TLJ will turn out to be amazing! That's all that really matters, IMO!

DarthBreezy likes this.
  8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    1, Is that legitimate? We have had so many fake casting calls recently.

2, If valid then why are they shooting across Edinburgh, Scotland and Ireland? We never saw masses of extras involved in the Ireland shoots so I don't think it would be reshoots but additional scenes.

Dark Horse likes this.
  9. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

they could do like a in memory thing like fast 7 did for walker but with fisher . itll be interesting to see how episode 9 handles fisher's charachter because i feel like they should do something similar to what star trek beyond did with niymoys death . small little rememberance

10. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    IMO, they can go ahead as planned with TLJ, so I kind of doubt -- this is my opinion -- that the re-shoots have anything to do with Ms. Fisher's passing. Re-shoots are common. They are even more common on big films like this that involve such extensive editing and piecing together. No matter how big Leia's role was to have been in IX, I hope they address her absence on-screen in IX without altering TLJ. I'd hate to see the story of two films changed by this real-life tragedy. Unexpected deaths are a part of life, and you rarely see that portrayed in films. I mean, you would never watch, for example, TFA and have a situation where Han Solo drops dead of a heart attack off-screen en route to Maz's castle, you know? But things like that happen every day in real life.

Why not just accept it and write it in? If Leia's role is built up going into IX and was to have been big, then have Leia die suddenly to mirror what happened in real life. It is an opportunity to deal with a real-world death in fiction, IMO. Just go with it. Honor Ms. Fisher's legacy by tying Leia's fate to her own.

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    the thing is just these casting calls don't fit to reshots of what has been shot before. It cries for new scenes. ;)

12. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Glad to hear it, get it right please.

13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's obvious Disney will spend a big bucket of money to get the film right. There's the success of this film, and also the films in the future relying on a Pixar-like perfect record. They cannot permit a meh movie. It's worth Billions.

And yeah, things will of course be rejigged for Carrie. There's no escaping that.

14. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    The extras for Scotland are apparently for the next Marvel movie. Ireland? Not so sure. Hmmmm.[face_good_luck]:confused:

15. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Mavrvel are shooting there next film in Scotland? Makes much more sense that [face_thinking]

16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    The most interesting thing is that it only calls for Ireland (+/- Scotland) for possible reshoots, but nothing for Dubrovnik. Also Mark In London. This tells me that only the force related part needs a new adjustment and this may just have something to do with Carrie's passing and how to resolve her moving into IX. ;)

Master_Lok likes this.
  17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Good ideas nightangel. Whatever it is, if it involves Carrie, I hope they handled it with grace and respect. Seeing that Mark involved, I cannot think otherwise if that is what these reshoots are for.

nightangel likes this.
  18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    They knew Carrie personally; I think they'll handle it well. I'll really miss her in Ep IX, and any other projects she might have done -- her books are good; Carrie could really mix a metaphor.

These casting calls sound a little bigger than the usual re-shoots of extra close-ups and connecting scenes that they find they need after the first editing. I'll assume they are for changes because of Carrie's death.

19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    The whole Re-shoot thing doesn't alarm me since many big blockbusters have budgets set aside for just that. But with the sad death of Carrie Fisher, I did feel that was something that they would consider if need be. So I would say that is what we got going on. But I am not worried about it. I trust that they will do they very best to honor not only Leia, but Carrie Fisher.

20. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Inb4 "OMG DISNEY EXECS IS MESSING WITH STAR WARS MOVIES AGAIN"

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Ha. Though since the last reshoot panic turned into a great film, this should be welcome news!

22. tsn81

tsn81 Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2002
    Avengers: Infinity War will be filmed in Edinburgh and Glasgow

Casting call is most likely for Infinity War. Not for The Last Jedi.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  23. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    So are there SW reshoots for TLJ in march or not? Is it actually for the avengers movie?

24. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
  25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Does anyone has an idea where exactly in Austria?