main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ To Move Back into Production with Reshoots in Ireland

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by OldTimeFan, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Scotland can, of course, stand in for Skellig Michael if they are shooting stuff for Ach To that was impossible due to the restrictions on shooting on that island.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  3. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    And if the characters do some island hopping, so they need a somewhat different look that still feels like the part of the environment. Like, if they film at Scara Brae:

[​IMG]

or Isle of Skye:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not saying that they will but those locations look ancient and magical and like an extension of Ireland locations. if they choose them.

if they stay in Edinburgh, it could be a brand new place or maybe extension of Dubrovnik set:

[​IMG]

I'm just bored and Scotland images are so pretty, don't take any of this seriously. :)

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I thought the scottish shoot was for Marvel.........

cerealbox likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, it sounds like it.
    Hopefully we can keep these things straight without confusion from "sources" like Zeroh getting in the way. I guess the reshoots in Ireland, from the article in the first post of the thread, are still feasible.

Edit: Actually, looking at that original article again, it seems to be just as confused about the Ireland vs. Scotland and "other movie" (Avengers) vs. TLJ parts too.

6. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I see. Thanks for clarifying. :)

7. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    This is troubling news....said many times on here that the lack of reshoots/rewrites is an extremely positive sign. Now before everyone freaks out I'm highly aware that in this day and age Reshoots are the norm, but what I really mean is studio ordered reshoots that change the tone and in some cases story. If they pull some Paul Walker Fast and the Furious bull**** and shove a bunch "Carrie fisher tribute" into the film I'll be beyond upset. We all know how awesome of an individual Carrie was, and how important she was to the franchise/fans. We don't need it needlessly shoved into the film. It's just going to be distracting.

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, reshoots are extremely common. But anything saying that these particular reshoots are related to Carrie's passing is just speculation. And that's if they are even happening anyway, which in itself seems to be not totally established yet.

Django Fett likes this.
  9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Correct you are. I'm not worried about it at all.

Jedi Jessy and EHT like this.
  10. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    have to disagree on this..i love good old fashion studio sets, they dont look real but tjey have that magical feeling, to me at least...im a big fan of dagobah,.movies like dark crystals or all the hammer studio films...jakku by night with Poe and San Tekka felt right IMO..

11. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

I saw somewhere that Adam (can't remember where. I was web surfing during thundersnow in the middle of the night) was called for this reshoot, so if it is Leia's death, Kylo is involved in some capacity. Wonder if this is what we'll get in lieu of the Leia/Kylo scene in IX that was talked about.

12. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Well, Leia isn't on Ahch-to (Ireland) so whether they feel something while there remains to be seen. But the re-shoot was scheduled for 2017 back in May or so. There will be Leia-related reshoots and there will be unrelated reshoots. Leia related ones are likely in the studio.

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    there was a rumor Carrie was in Ireland during filming last year. I cannot confirm or deny it, but there you have it...[face_dunno]

14. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I remember that but actors could make visits without actually filming anything.

nightangel likes this.
  15. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    New word: ZeRohll
    Definition: noun - On the internet, a ZeRohll is a prank where a visitor who clicks on a specific link, thinking they are reading breaking Star Wars news, is directed to rumors and gossip spread by Mike Zeroh.
    verb - To post a misleading link with a subject that promises to be exciting or interesting Star Wars news.
    Past tense: ZeRohlled - To be tricked into reading an article that has the name Mike Zeroh in it. Example: "ZOMG! That's the 4th time I've been ZeRohlled today."

16. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
  17. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
  18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The odds are they had to re-write the ending to accommodate Carrie Fishers passing so the reshoots could be to film an entire new ending......

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe, but...

Dark Horse likes this.
  20. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I feel exactly the opposite when it comes to studio sets of fabricated outdoor landscapes. Except for the very best ones, such as the SKB forest (which looked stunningly real), they're not my favorite. On location is much better (The Hobbit films make this case very well, when compared to LOTR). Dagobah, for example, is my least favorite set from the OT.

Though I do think the opening Jakku set was pretty good. Actual deserts can look artificial at night, if they are lit with artificial lights, as that set was. So it doesn't bother me much at all.

Great studio sets for interiors, on the other hand, are absolutely essential.

21. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    SKB forest was stunning. I thought it was real though logically it couldn't have been.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  22. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    btw, can we have a moratorium on Zeroh spoilers, or at least chuck them all in a BS until proven otherwise garbage pail?

Please?

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    WTH NO RESHOOTS FILM IZ DOOMED RESHOOTERES ABDABABUA!!!

24. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    So the casting and what is been shot in Scotland is for ‘Mary Lou,’ the code name for Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War, and an as yet untitled Avengers sequel. With the code names I get why they are confused but it does make a lot of sense where the confusion has come from. No harm just a miss understanding. :)

25. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    what is this yet untitled Marvel sequel? They film for 2 marvel movies at the same time? This sounds a little implausible. o_O Whatever is going on there. o_O

smudger9 likes this.