main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends “High-rise”, an Orson Krennic & Agent Kallus one-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jun 29, 2018.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Dedicated to @DarthUncle & @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha... he, he!

Title:
    “High-rise”, an Orson Krennic & Agent Kallus one-shot

Author: AzureAngel2

Co-Author and editor:@DarthUncle

Main beta editor: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Length: one-shot

Summary: The bachelor's den of a very important man gets compromised in a way that he would never have expected it to.

Time frame: The story takes place in 14 BBY.

Planet of choice: Coruscant

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

If you are the dealer, I'm out of the game
    If you are the healer, it means I'm broken and lame
    If thine is the glory then mine must be the shame
    You want it darker
    We kill the flame

Magnified, sanctified, be thy holy name
    Vilified, crucified, in the human frame
    A million candles burning for the help that never came
    You want it darker

Hineni, hineni
    I'm ready, my lord

There's a lover in the story
    But the story's still the same
    There's a lullaby for suffering
    And a paradox to blame
    But it's written in the scriptures
    And it's not some idle claim
    You want it darker
    We kill the flame

They're lining up the prisoners
    And the guards are taking aim
    I struggled with some demons
    They were middle class and tame
    I didn't know I had permission to murder and to maim
    You want it darker

Hineni, hineni
    I'm ready, my lord

Magnified, sanctified, be thy holy name
    Vilified, crucified, in the human frame
    A million candles burning for the love that never came
    You want it darker
    We kill the flame

If you are the dealer, let me out of the game
    If you are the healer, I'm broken and lame
    If thine is the glory, mine must be the shame
    You want it darker

Hineni, hineni
    Hineni, hineni
    I'm ready, my lord

Hineni
    Hineni, hineni
    Hineni

There is some pink wall paint on Alexandr's nose. “I don't like it,” he mutters and shakes his head in disapproval.

If my hands were paint free, I would gun him down. Just like that. But on the other hand, I appreciate his bad attitude. It gives me the reason to explain my latest creation.

“Little girls love pink as much as they love unicorns and chocolate,” I explain.

“Excuse me, Orson, but my younger sister,” he begins.

“There are exceptions, of course,” I add quickly.

His hands start holding the paint roller like a sword. “You are not per chance trying to recreate Nagina Samye here, are you?”

I snarl, because he pisses me off again.

“Why can't the clone become a little girl who swoons when she gazes at an Imperial officer.” His eyes are bright. “Somebody whose favourite colours are white, black and grey? Who gets excited when she is given a Tie fighter for Life Day? Or who is desperate to accompany her silly old dad and her gorgeous godfather to the gun range?”

As usual my companion is missing the point. But that is typical for an ISB agent, because their kind cannot find their own backside when wiping themselves clean on the loo. “My Cassandra will like both. Being an officer's daughter will be natural for her. But allow her to be girlish and giggly about unicorns and other silly stuff. Life has more to it than duty.”

We stare at each other, pink paint dripping on the canvas drop cloths that we have put into our work area.

“Let's have a Corellian ale,” suggests Alexandr with a grin.

“But what if the social worker finds us during a drinking bout?” I consider nervously and lick my dry lips.

“You sound like a family man already,” laughs my companion.

“Okay, one each,” I sigh.

Alexandr zooms out of the chamber that used to be my sun-room and my walk-in closet. In his work trousers he looks harmless, not like the cold blooded ISB agent he usually needs to be all around the clock.

When I told him that I want to convert the place for the child that I am going to adopt, he found a way to be granted some days off. We did not speak about the price he had to pay for his extra holidays yet. He is one of Wullf Yularen's top men after all, working in both the Investigation and Internal Affairs branches.

I have to chuckle.

Alexandr won't find signs of disloyal activity or insurgency here. Never ever. I will make sure of that.

“Why do you vehemently oppose unicorns, Alex?” I ask straight out when he saunters back in again with our ale cans.

He rolls his eyes. “Come on. They are annoying and dumb. My sisters used to watch that show which was unbelievingly boring. The animation was poor, the unicorns inside the show stereotypical.”

“But that is your problem with some HoloNet show,” I argue. “From the story tales which were read to me as a boy I have learned that they are creatures of grace and beauty.”

He snorts. “Are you serious about that?”

“Does not fit into my personal profile now, does it?”

“You keep surprising me, Director Krennic.” He bows sarcastically.

“And you are such a pain in the...”

“Yes?” Alexandr asks sweetly and bats like a girl would do.

“Enough crustbusting* here,” I mutter. “I can behave myself with your throat, you know.”

“I was hoping you would leave pink fingerprints on my skin for the forensic people.” He winks at me. “Okay, let's get on with the job at hand. Otherwise Cassandra will be a teenager before we finish in here.”

That he will be a crucial part in my daughter's upbringing is not such a dreadful idea after all. And to be honest to myself it feels great having a friend who speaks out his mind. Galen never was more than a naughty pet anyway. But here is somebody that I can trust.

*The ISB practice of provoking a suspect to commit a crime is referred to as "crustbusting".

Sources:
    The song “You want it darker” by Leonard Cohen (2016)
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Jedipedia, a free German Star Wars-Encyclopaedia

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] A wonderful snarky piece. [:D] :*

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  3. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    [face_laugh]Great fun, and some depth too; I get their need to be snarky while doing something innately sweet, and they do it well [face_laugh]

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    "A naughty pet" :p That's funny and true all at the same time.

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Of late I am always afraid that my fan fics are so boring and stupid that I am nervous to update them. But then my husband @DarthUncle asks me to do it anyway & my beta @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha back me up further more. Thanks for reacting to this one, @Darth_Furio. @};-

6. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    My pleasure. Don't doubt yourself Azure! Keep writing. :D

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005