main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Artist • The Art of HanSolo29 • (**Updated**)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Sep 9, 2012.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah! There's the issue! Thank you very much! I feel like such a newb for not being able to figure it out! :p

Also, thank you for the kind comments! I will keep working through the summer and see what happens!

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, it's been a while, but I've finally hit a lull in all my deadlines to actually post some art. I'm hoping to have some new pieces to share soon (I have a lot of projects on my table at the moment), but for now, here is a preview of some of the cards I did for Star Wars Chrome Perspectives that were approved and posted on the Topps Facebook page:

[​IMG]

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Nice to finally see someone really nail Luke's likeness. That's rare. Well done! =D=

Dandelo and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Intense drawings

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome back! :D

Thank you again for showing some of the works you have been producing, always lovely to see them!

Does this mean that you have a chance to work on your own personal art projects before the next set of deadlines happen?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Cushing's Admirer and earlybird-obi-wan - thank you so much!! [:D]

Corellian_Outrider - that is certainly the goal! I'm taking a breather from sketch cards to create some new pieces and to build up my portfolio for a potential gig coming up next year. I know a lot of people like to see the progress of a piece, so I'll be sure to post up WIPs as I move forward. Thank you for your kind comments! I really appreciate it! :)

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    HanSolo29: I wonder what new works came to life the past months... [face_thinking]

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just gonna drop this here for tonight:

[​IMG]

This was done in copic marker, prismacolor pencils and some dabs of the jellyroll pen.

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome back Steph!! :)

You cannot go wrong with more Solo! I really love the expression, the contrast and also the rendering you've captured in this piece. The hair, the folds/creases in the clothes and an impression of the material too. Very nicely done.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Giving this a big 'ole bump!

With Celebration right around the corner, I wanted to share the concept I submitted for consideration into the Art Show. Unfortunately, it wasn't chosen, but hey, there will always be next time! It only gives me more time to spruce up the portfolio. ;)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

[​IMG]

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That is beautiful! You have done such amazing work for this piece!

I am sorry to hear that it was not selected for Celebration but you are definitely right about adding to your portfolio and there is always more opportunities. Onward and upwards! I cannot wait to see what you are working on next :D

Dandelo and HanSolo29 like this.
  12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thank you, Corellian_Outrider! :)

It's always a blow to not have your work accepted, but it's part of the business. You are absolutely right in regards to staying positive and moving onward. I already have plans to really work on this style and see what if I can pump out a few more poster-like images.

I also need to be more active in here! :p I have quite the backlog that I hope to post here in the coming weeks.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    You're welcome! :)

I always love seeing your work and I really feel you have taken things to the next level with this one. I love what you did with the composition and the colours, there is almost a dream quality to it.

Yes please! :D I also know exactly what you mean about a backlog :p time just slips away so fast.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. Acaciathorn

Acaciathorn Jedi Master star 1

Jul 19, 2015
    Nice stuff! :D

HanSolo29 likes this.
  15. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Keep up the great work as always, HanSolo29. ;)

And yes, I did finally pop in over here. :p

HanSolo29 likes this.
  16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha! Thank you, Darth_Elu! :)

It's nice to see you over in this neck of the woods! ;)

Darth_Elu likes this.
  17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    A quick doodle for a Saturday night:

[​IMG]

18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    You are amazingly talented, HanSolo29. Your pieces just leave me in awe. ^:)^=D=

19. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    These are amazing. I love the Luke one.

Dandelo and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Dandelo, QueenSabe7 and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm in awe! You call it a quick doodle :) I call it amazing.

Dandelo, teamhansolo and HanSolo29 like this.
  22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
  23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Another update! This time featuring some characters from The New Sith Trials RPG:

First up is Hel:

[​IMG]

And Aryan Graul (based on Bill Pullman):

[​IMG]

24. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Need a 'love' button because 'like' isn't enough.

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww...thank you so much! [:D]

Dandelo and Lady_Belligerent like this.