main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

SW Artist • The Art of HanSolo29 • (**Updated**)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator• star 7 VIP - Game Host

Jan 29, 2008
    [:D]

Can't wait to see more. :)

HanSolo29 likes this.
  2. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    =D=Amazing artwork!!!

HanSolo29 likes this.
  3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Thank you, Darth Rozic!

It's very much appreciated! :)

Darth Rozic likes this.
  4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    I have been meaning to check out this thread. I finally get around to it and one thing does not fit at all. I saw "doodle" as a descriptive word for one of your pieces. "Doodle" does not apply. I doodle. You create magic with a variety of mediums. I hereby ban you from the use of the word "doodle" when talking about your work. It's too good for that word. *shakes inactivated lightsaber at you*

HanSolo29 and QueenSabe7 like this.
  5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww...thank you, Kaleesh-Cyborg! [:D]

And I will try to keep that in mind...I wouldn't want to be taken out by your lightsaber! :p

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey all,

I wanted to share something I've been working on for the past couple of months (off and on when I had time). It's a movie poster based on a game here in the RPF called The Crossing. I wanted to do something reminiscent of the Drew Struzan posters of the past. I didn't use quite the same techniques, but I wanted to keep the style very similar. All of the drawings were done traditionally and then scanned into the computer (including a piece of illustration board I slopped up with gesso to use later on for texture). The final piece was then colored in Photoshop using my tablet:

[​IMG]

I also wanted to follow up with a few WIP shots to give you an idea to my process. I'll start off with the thumbnail sketch of my idea:

[​IMG]

The drawings laid out on my desk (in various states of completion) before I scanned them in and assembled them:

[​IMG]

And finally, the black and white drawing ready for color after all textures have been applied:

[​IMG]

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW star 5 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh, beautiful work!

Thank you for sharing the development stages and how it all came together. This has turned out brilliantly and captures the feel of Struzan and got me curious about the RPG.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I don't know anything about the game, but :eek:[face_hypnotized]. Beautiful, beautiful work! =D=

HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Host of Star Wars Character Contest star 6 VIP - Game Host

Sep 30, 2012
    Damn. Now that is talent! Amazing work.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    @Corellian_Outrider @QueenSabe7

Thank you both for the kind words! I really do appreciate it! :)

I started this thing back in September and worked on it off and on as my schedule allowed. It was a big undertaking, but hopefully it's the start of something new for me. Sometimes you need to get away from those small cards and work on things of a larger scale. ;)

EDIT:
    @Jordan1Kenobi

I'm going to throw you in there as well! You replied while I was working on my response, but thank you so much! :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Jordan1Kenobi and QueenSabe7 like this.