main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ∋●∈ The Sith Academy ∋●∈ Welcome all new fans of the Dark Side!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth Dreadwar, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    1 pont, I beleive.

1 point, I believe.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    That's good. No, I did no go in to work this afternoon, not feeling well.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  3. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    You want it here, corinthia?

I believe that right-wing libertarianism could benefit the Sith greatly. Sith Philosophy always preaches focus on the individual and building of one's self on their own to get by in life. Sith Philosophy also preaches freedom from restrictions that prevent one's full potential in life. This is all very similar to Liberatarianism which preaches freedom from restrictive government and individualism to the highest degree. Adapting right-wing liberatarian philosophies like anarcho-capitalism or miniarchism, and adapting the "Non-Aggression Principal", the Sith could create a functioning society built on their ideals of caring for one's self without all the destructive infighting.

SkooterDawg, DarthIshyZ and corinthia like this.
  4. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Nice mini-essay!

5. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Excellent, Darth Cocytus. Add one Prestige to your total.

The next part of your task is to invent your own Sith Order, unlike any other in existence, using the political philosophy you selected. Although this portion of the task is only worth one point, I expect your answer to be thorough and well thought-out.

6. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

Was that one where the first Inquisitor they fought was a Temple Guard?

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  7. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Thank you. It shall be done.

8. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    This will be interesting to read as well.

9. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I know I'm looking forward to it.

10. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

In the vision, yes. But I think it was revealed that he really had been before becoming an Inquisitor... if I'm remembering correctly.

E. L.Knight likes this.
  11. SkooterDawg

SkooterDawg Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2016
    Much obliged for the task, Nehru_Amidala and Lady Belligerent. I hope I am supposed to put it in this thread. I'll start with the latter part first. My path of the Dark Arts (in an appreciative sense) begins very early. Having a twin brother means I have a constant play-companion, naturally lending to someone having to be evil (in most cases). I was never the one to mind playing as the evil characters, whether it be Green Goblin or Vader, or as the Sith in our lightsaber duels. This love of evil-side of course would translate to the Empire and Sith; while both are clearly bad, they have some aspects that are quite respectable (I will not go into the Empire here).
    The Sith’s main aspect going for them is an understanding of human (and alien) emotion. Self-control is understandable in many cases, but the Jedi’s approach at the matter is seemingly unhealthy, since that emotion is held in. When you gloss over such natural emotion, it turns out much worse. For instance, I’ve never understood how the Jedi approached attachments. If one is told not to have attachments, being forbidden, when one actually becomes attached to something, one doesn't know how to handle it. This is obvious to see in the case of Anakin. Had the Jedi embraced (or at least informed upon) emotion, then Anakin would know how to deal with his love for Padme, and not just push it away. This doubles over when he has to hide his love for Padme. Whenever he tries to go to Yoda for help on his dreams of dying, he is told “mourn them do not; miss them do not.” I find that to be too extreme. Yes, one should eventually come to terms with a death, but to not even show signs of loss is completely unhealthy. When Padme dies, Anakin doesn't know what to do, and takes the worst way out- through killing.
    General hypocrisy is another factor that leads to me liking the Sith over the Jedi. The Jedi claim not to want to kill, yet openly step into every planet for military help. They also blindly deny existence of the Sith when Maul is killed, despite there always being two. The Sith embrace emotion, and use it to their advantage. They also recognize that people need something to keep them going- sometimes it just turns to being absolute power. I am very materialistic and obsessive, so this path works well for me. The rage I sometimes have also makes me lean towards Sith (I can't help it with sports, and it hurts to hold it in).

I will be honest to say I knew little of Sithspawns, except for the Massassi and the tarentatek (my wampa-loving brother had informed me of the “swamp wampa” at some time before, surely). I appreciate the openness and creativity of the task, and having these characteristics made me want to describe the spawn in “mocanon” (my-own canon), through a short story of sorts. Here are my attempts at doing such. Enjoy.

--Black Sun Archives, Mustafar--
    Xauder unlocked the archive doors of the Black Sun base on Mustafar. The massive doors cracked open, and then slowly divided. He closed the doors behind them, and sat on his legs.“Dark Spirit, I seek knowledge.” He had no idea if the spirit would answer; he generally gave him little information, even if the Spirit was the one who pushed him to be a Sith in the first place. After his searches, he had no other choice. He heard laughing echo through the room. “Why do you seek me, fool?” He felt a cold feeling inside him- the Sith came to him. He turned to face the tall shadow on the wall. “I wish to know more of Sithspawns. Did you ever create one? Is it possible to create one myself? Are they even real?” He has heard from his first mate Kirby that his grandfather fought one when he was a bounty hunter. He wasn’t sure if he believed the old man. The shadow’s arm extended across the wall as it rose. “Very inquisitive, I see. You won’t be for long.” The shadow cackled as it ran across the wall. Xauder tried to follow the Spirit across the wall, but it was gone. All of a sudden he blacked out.
    He awoke to blackness- a common setting for his Spirit-guide. As he rose from the ground, he looked out ahead of him to see a frail robed man rocking in a rocking chair. He could see nothing but black below the hood of the Dark Spirit, but he could see pale white hands touched at the fingertips that came from arms resting on the armrests. “You asked whether or not a sithspawn is real.” The Spirit’s voice showed disappointment. “Pathetic,” he continued, “I shouldn’t even tell someone of the Dark Arts who doubts its powers. Do you doubt them, boy?” Xauder was a skeptical man, but he knew what the Dark Side was capable of. “My Lord, I trust the Dark Side’s ability; it's just- difficult- to find records of the Force after the Empire’s work.” Xuader thought this to be the only problem with the Empire.
    “I’ve sensed the failure of the Empire. It’s a shame.” The Dark Spirit waved his bony hand as if to carry on. “You want to see a Sithspawn? I will show you one.” The Night Ghoul stopped his rocking and leaned up, outstretching his hands. He rose his hands upward slowly as the ground shook all around him. A crack came up from the blackness, or so it seemed- it was hard for Xauder to tell in an all black environment- and from it Xauder saw webbed hands.
    As the creature slowly rose out, the Sith laughed at the Falleen in amusement. “It’s a Karkaradon- fierce predatory creatures, but simpled minded.” The Spirit never appreciated many beings of this galaxy- sentient or non-sentient. “What makes a Karkaradon so wonderful for Sith alchemy is that it has a natural affinity for blood. They go into a frenzy quick.” Xauder wasn’t really paying any attention to the Sith Lord; he was only looking at the massive creature lurking behind the rocking chair.
    If this Karkaradon was anything like others of his species, Xauder didn't mind not seeing another one again. He realized though that the alchemy made him different from others of his kind. Rather than the normal blueish hue, this creature was an ugly swamp green and black- almost like a rotting log. The amphibious being’s mouth looked uncomfortably open, probably from the amount of extra and jagged teeth, even for a shark, splitting its jaw. Large black veins fueled the creature all throughout its body, and tumor like sacs were peppered across it. The claws on its hands and feet were knives, and its rib cage was much wider than it should be, as were its muscles. Its bones looked to be painfully jarring out, as if it lost its own skeletal system and stole from one from a much larger being than itself. The thing was only wearing a rip remains of a grey robe.
    “He was a student of mine,” the spirit revealed. “His name was Tranchilo. He was powerful in the Force, for someone of his age and species. One day, he tried to kill me. He wasn’t ready, and I defeated him easily.” Xauder couldn't imagine the thing being able to think, much less use the Force. “I know what you are thinking. He is under my control- like a separate part of my brain. He realizes what he is though, and lives in constant agony. It helps fuel him.” Tranchilo growled, his eyes turning red. The Spirit continued. “I needed to study more on Sith Alchemy, so I used a book I found on him. It took three weeks to make him what he is, even for being so simple.” “Is he still one with the Force?” Xauder asked. The Spirit looked as if he nodded. “Yes, though the alchemy reduced his midichlorian count. He is much stronger, faster, and primal. He also has powerful control over water, and can spit acid.” The Sith cackled as the he turned his hand towards Xauder; Tranchilo started to run towards the Falleen. Xauder was terrified as he drew his lightsaber.
    --The Purple Sun, above Mustafar--
    “Wake up.” Xauder groaned as he felt Skoot nudge him awake. “There you are. I was afraid you were dead.” The security droid cared about Xauder’s safety only because of how much Xauder knew- information Skoot “lived” to receive. Xauder looked to see his First Mate staring at him, arms crossed. “We found you passed out in the Archive room” Kirby explained. “You were covered in this black slime, and the whole room is a mess. What did he throw at you this time?” Xauder raised up and rubbed his temple. Xauder chuckled. “A creature I never wish to see again” he said.

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    DarthIshyZ and SkooterDawg like this.
  13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Very well written thoughtful commentary and a short story- as a fellow creative writer- nice take on the assignment. Thumbs up![face_peace]

14. SkooterDawg

SkooterDawg Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2016
    I appreciate it, y'all. Thanks for the cool task- it gave me a writing prompt (My muse gets stuck and bored easy without it).

Sent from my KX-series security droid, SK00T-UG4, using the HoloNet

15. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Nehru_Amidala, he did an excellent job and your task was creative and interesting. :)

I have a new task for you, Hekate.

As you know, I'm very fond of the schedule you developed for Sith younglings. I'd like you to outline a curriculum that the Sith Academy could use for its children 8 and younger. You have one week.

QueenSabe7 and Halle Dray like this.
  16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    And Hekate takes the lead! Anakin.Skywalker, you going to fight back for three points of your own to retake the lead?

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I do enjoy a good competition. :D

QueenSabe7 and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  18. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    lol! I wasn't aware we were racing.

If we want to do that....well then..I think both you and I have the High Lords to catch up to. :p

19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Certainly! It shall be done!

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  20. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Sith rule and Jedi drool!

21. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
  22. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    I've never actually seen this thread, do members of the Sith Empire gather here also?

23. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
  24. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm supposed to run this place... :D

25. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Are tasks set here too?

26. Anakin.Skywalker